All new KTM 2016

11/4/2014 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 3:45pm
this one is definitely gonna have to grow on me. If this is what to expect from the FE that's coming out soon, the only thing...
this one is definitely gonna have to grow on me. If this is what to expect from the FE that's coming out soon, the only thing that will impress me is if it comes with the conevalves forks, and trax shock. the whole back end of this bike is horrible looking imo. it looks bad ass up to the tank, and then it looks like the designers went for a coffee break and came back and forgot what they where doing.lol
It wont come with the Trax shock and Cone forks. Those are either full factory (Redbull ktm usa or europe or what the bto sports and Troy lee design and husqvarna is using their A-kit wich should be very very very close to what the redbull KTM guys is using.

It will come with the 4cs and standard rear shock.

This bike on the picture is just a replica of a 350 wich Antonio Cairoli wont race in 2015 gp´s, he will race the 450 against RV
Crush
11/4/2014 4:23pm
It wont come with the Trax shock and Cone forks. Those are either full factory (Redbull ktm usa or europe or what the bto sports and...
It wont come with the Trax shock and Cone forks. Those are either full factory (Redbull ktm usa or europe or what the bto sports and Troy lee design and husqvarna is using their A-kit wich should be very very very close to what the redbull KTM guys is using.

This bike on the picture is just a replica of a 350 wich Antonio Cairoli wont race in 2015 gp´s, he will race the 450 against RV
Has that been confirmed anywhere that he'll be on the 450? The only place I've seen it is here...

And after his comments from when he used the 450 last I'd be surprised.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
11/4/2014 4:41pm
They routed the front brake line behind the front number plate, very cool.

This thing is pretty trick!
11/4/2014 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 5:05pm
It wont come with the Trax shock and Cone forks. Those are either full factory (Redbull ktm usa or europe or what the bto sports and...

Crush wrote:
Has that been confirmed anywhere that he'll be on the 450? The only place I've seen it is here... And after his comments from when he...
Has that been confirmed anywhere that he'll be on the 450? The only place I've seen it is here...

And after his comments from when he used the 450 last I'd be surprised.
No official statements by the team yet but photos of him riding practice / training on the 450 in belgium with a full blown works machine. I dont think he wants to be under powered by any mean to RV. Even do he rides a 350 and wins championship. Some races this year the other riders like paulin, desalle nagl have beaten him straight up, and you can see when they go head to head on a track with a lot of hills that he is a bit of but he makes up for it by being consistent. Now he have to be ready for RV`s full blown raw american speed and i think he wants the power to be able to drag race / starts and so on. So its a big chance but not yet confirmed. Personaly i would love to see him on the 450, he had that one year on the Yamaha and looked solid. Would love to see how he handles the power!

The Shop

Crush
11/4/2014 4:49pm
Hmmmm... I get it, don't know that I agree with it tho...

Psychologically that's a blow too... RV is already in his head if that is the case.
11/4/2014 5:04pm
So this wont be the new FE? How would the new FE top this? I understand this is a factorty bike, and i love ktms and have a Fe myself, so whats all the hype about? This bike doesnt make me wanna sell mine and run to my ktm dealer lol. Maybe a suzuki dealer for 4k less lol
11/4/2014 5:08pm
So this wont be the new FE? How would the new FE top this? I understand this is a factorty bike, and i love ktms and...
So this wont be the new FE? How would the new FE top this? I understand this is a factorty bike, and i love ktms and have a Fe myself, so whats all the hype about? This bike doesnt make me wanna sell mine and run to my ktm dealer lol. Maybe a suzuki dealer for 4k less lol
Tongue the hype is that the bike is brand new pretty much, with more power and less weight and should be straight up better than the previous model ? But i have to agree the price is not superfun, a Suzuki deal for 4 k less is a good value! But KTM brings some cool R&D into their bike and their dominance in the GP`s and now a huge sucess in USA and their Offroad department you cant deny that they are very good at making a solid production bike with quality parts even do its a bit expensive compare to what you said a Zuke !

The guys over AT MXA is drooling their asses of atm lol
11/4/2014 5:19pm
Mikebrownsound, no doubt ktms caught the japs sleeping, i love every ktm ive owned! We ll c, the fe isnt even out yet, if it stays at the $9899 like the last few, maybe ill own one. I paid $8800 for my 13.5 otd. I wont go over 10k for it, since u take such a beating a year later.
hellion
11/4/2014 5:23pm
The new machine looks very compact and well thought out. The top tube of the frame has a big drop to it like the crf, and it looks to have a narrow and flat layout. The only part I find ugly is the left side panel/air box. I just hope they finally figure out the suspension, though it looks little changed and that's concerning. The much lauded SSS Kayaba stuff has been around for almost a decade now, how damn hard is it to copy what is known to work.
Crush
11/4/2014 5:25pm
hellion wrote:
The new machine looks very compact and well thought out. The top tube of the frame has a big drop to it like the crf, and...
The new machine looks very compact and well thought out. The top tube of the frame has a big drop to it like the crf, and it looks to have a narrow and flat layout. The only part I find ugly is the left side panel/air box. I just hope they finally figure out the suspension, though it looks little changed and that's concerning. The much lauded SSS Kayaba stuff has been around for almost a decade now, how damn hard is it to copy what is known to work.
Yeah I've said that a couple times.

Fuck air. They should go buy a 14 YZ450F, measure the suspension components, build them exactly, not a thing different, and win every bike test from now till then end of time.
Crush
11/4/2014 5:28pm
Interesting looking at differences.. Frame, motor and plastics...

11/4/2014 5:34pm
Crush wrote:
Interesting looking at differences.. Frame, motor and plastics... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/64/photos/78633/s1200_100074_350_SX_F_Cairoli_Factory_2015.jpg?1415128544[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/15018/setup_checks/43770/photos/9420/s1600_Crush_02.jpg?1409746057[/img]

See how much smaller the tank is! I think the whole package looks cooler on the 16!
Crush
11/4/2014 5:36pm
Yeah the tank drops on the left hand side below the shroud a bit more and differently.

It's crazy how different the frame is! Such a steep rise to the head tube. Very honda like, but steel. Also the back part of the cradle is quite different.

Really not a fan of the plastic at the back. The shrouds, mreh, whatever... but the back is awful. All for the sake of grab handles. Who gives a fuck.
11/4/2014 5:42pm
It's a sweet looking bike. The only thing I don't like is the Slater skins sideplates and airbox.
11/4/2014 5:46pm
Crush, i think your bike looks better, the new bike would look 100x's better if they left the old side # plates. Just ones that come off lol
11/4/2014 5:49pm
Crush wrote:
Yeah the tank drops on the left hand side below the shroud a bit more and differently. It's crazy how different the frame is! Such a...
Yeah the tank drops on the left hand side below the shroud a bit more and differently.

It's crazy how different the frame is! Such a steep rise to the head tube. Very honda like, but steel. Also the back part of the cradle is quite different.

Really not a fan of the plastic at the back. The shrouds, mreh, whatever... but the back is awful. All for the sake of grab handles. Who gives a fuck.
i think you have to give it time! I thought the same when they came out with the 2012 plastics was like man they look awful the 2010-2011 were cooler, but after a short short time i changed my mind and felt like man this is actually cooler more sharper modern style. But ofc everyone have a different opinion.

I love it and i bought a KTM back in the days just because i thought the look were bad ass and agressive back in 04 , two stroke but the KTM had some exotic stuff like the excel rims, the hydraulic , easy acess to the airfilter, v force. Im amazed how much quality they put out on a stock bike. I want the japanese to make the same switch , Give us hydra and polished stock hubs and et cetera,
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
11/4/2014 6:13pm
Looking closer you can see this new bike is vastly different..It looks like the clutch is higher up on the engine..if you look at the location of the brake pedal in relation to clutch cover in comparing Crush's bike. Or maybe it's just the different angles of the picture.
es337
11/4/2014 6:36pm
i think it's pretty cool how they keep using previous designs with a modern aesthetic to them. Obviously this generation is a mixing of the 11 through 15 years plus the 07 to 11 years.

in this picture you can see they rehashed the interface between the tank and subrame from the 07 years and made it to fit the plastics on the new bike. They also (obviously) took the number plate combined with the rear fender approach and brought it back. The only thing I think is truly horrible is the front number plate. hopefully if cycra makes one that also cover the lower triple clamps like the factory honda team uses it will look better.

11/5/2014 4:19am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2014 5:30am
Back in 2009 a prototype of what was coming for 10 and beyond, i dont know many different frames they had but i saw two or three different this one is interesting

Another one Everts tested back in the 09

Crush
11/5/2014 4:48am
Crush, i think your bike looks better, the new bike would look 100x's better if they left the old side # plates. Just ones that come...
Crush, i think your bike looks better, the new bike would look 100x's better if they left the old side # plates. Just ones that come off lol
I think my bike looks better than most! Tho I did design it... So you know.
Digger29
11/5/2014 5:32am
Crush wrote:
Yeah the tank drops on the left hand side below the shroud a bit more and differently. It's crazy how different the frame is! Such a...

Crush I couldn't agree more and I said it yesterday morning and got called too shallow and too cosmetically orientated :-) I hope this bike grows on me.
Crush
11/5/2014 6:17am
Haha Digger. It's ok bud, we have the same problem, look at our bikes. Has to be right! Fortunately (for me) it doesn't matter if I like
It or not.. I have a sneaking suspicion tho that you and Rocket are gonna have to get over it!! Wink
11/5/2014 6:25am
I hope that KTM reads this forum and looks at what people are saying about the new design because I can say that you will never see one of these design bikes in my garage or in the back of my truck lol. I have been a die hard KTM guy since I got my 02 50 pro senior and I think that they need to go back towards the look of the 08-10 bikes because those are the coolest in my book not to mention I have one but if this is the way that KTM is going with their designs I'll be making a change to a YZ when I'm ready for my next upgrade. Like rocketsocks26 said earlier it does look like they came back from a coffee break and just threw something together or wanted to get the design done on a friday night at 9.
steed 2.0
11/5/2014 6:28am
Crush wrote:
Interesting looking at differences.. Frame, motor and plastics... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/64/photos/78633/s1200_100074_350_SX_F_Cairoli_Factory_2015.jpg?1415128544[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/15018/setup_checks/43770/photos/9420/s1600_Crush_02.jpg?1409746057[/img]

2014 already looks outdated
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
11/5/2014 6:33am
I actually really like new design. You can't please everyone with aesthetics so I understand why some would not like it. The only thing I really don't like is the huge airbox on the left side - looks like a second gas tank. But that can be fixed with some good graphics.

As for the grab handles, you have to remember that KTM is the largest producer of Enduro and off-road bikes, where a good solid grab handle is a must. Most bikes have reinforced rear fender areas but the problem with those is that when you use them, your glove ends up covered in mud from the bottom of the fender. This new design should fix that and be greatly appreciated by that market.
11/5/2014 6:33am
Sorry if this has bee covered; but I'm confused over conflicting headlines about the "first look" at the 2016 model (I saw the Instagram pics of AC222 doing the unveiling) and what appears to be the exact same bike dubbed as the 2015 model that AC222 will be racing in the GP's next season.

It literally seems like both of the above headlines are accurate (due to the credibility of sources), but I can't imagine why KTM would unveil the 2016 dressed in a graphics package that is identical, sticker for sticker, as AC's 2015 ride (or is it the other way around?)
BobPA
11/5/2014 6:35am
I hope that KTM reads this forum and looks at what people are saying about the new design because I can say that you will never...
I hope that KTM reads this forum and looks at what people are saying about the new design because I can say that you will never see one of these design bikes in my garage or in the back of my truck lol. I have been a die hard KTM guy since I got my 02 50 pro senior and I think that they need to go back towards the look of the 08-10 bikes because those are the coolest in my book not to mention I have one but if this is the way that KTM is going with their designs I'll be making a change to a YZ when I'm ready for my next upgrade. Like rocketsocks26 said earlier it does look like they came back from a coffee break and just threw something together or wanted to get the design done on a friday night at 9.
They look a lot like the 08-10 bikes...buying a bike based on looks is just laughable, if that were the case Yamaha would not have sold a single bike this year.
11/5/2014 6:35am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2014 6:40am
hellion wrote:
The new machine looks very compact and well thought out. The top tube of the frame has a big drop to it like the crf, and...
Crush wrote:
Yeah I've said that a couple times. Fuck air. They should go buy a 14 YZ450F, measure the suspension components, build them exactly, not a thing...
Yeah I've said that a couple times.

Fuck air. They should go buy a 14 YZ450F, measure the suspension components, build them exactly, not a thing different, and win every bike test from now till then end of time.
i like the suspension on my 15 350- had correct springs/ revalve for my weight / ability and it works just as good if not better than most of the jap bikes. Cant really understand why alot of people say the suspension is so bad! Alot of local riders seem to think they need to spend 5k on trax shock/ cone valve forks or ££££££ on ohlins for their ktms!!! I'm happy with mine stock.

Is it really necessary for a club level rider to spend 1000's of $$$ on aftermarket suspension in this day and age? not in my opinion- the stock stuff is more than good enough for 99% of riders, just need to find a good suspension tuner! same goes for any bike in that regard though
11/5/2014 6:37am
and regarding cairoli possibly going 450 for next year? I would be very surprised if he did!
11/5/2014 6:40am
I think the transition between the front to the back looks weird because the shrouds have such little plastic and the whole back of the bike is full of plastic

Post a reply to: All new KTM 2016

The Latest