All new KTM 2016

Olson
10/17/2014 7:03am
Crush wrote:
That motor config? I don't pay heaps of attention to Enduro but nope, never saw it. Saw the Ossa, seen that Husabery plastic etc but not...
That motor config? I don't pay heaps of attention to Enduro but nope, never saw it. Saw the Ossa, seen that Husabery plastic etc but not that motor.

I'm not in euro bro, don't judge me!
Olson wrote:
Yes, they used that engine on the Husaberg FE450 during those years. Not a very common bike outside of Europe I guess. So no worries if...
Yes, they used that engine on the Husaberg FE450 during those years. Not a very common bike outside of Europe I guess. So no worries if you didn't know. Guess most people don't even know they originate from Sweden, but as most succesfull Swedish companies, sold to a company outside of Sweden, slowly forced to the grave just to keep blueprints of engineering they can't figure out on their own. Whistling
O___o wrote:
If it weren't such a socialized nation, capitalistic entities like innovative companies would stick around. Fact. Sorry, not sorry.
I know that's one of the problems and that's no secret. But I also know you just said that to be an ass, and probably didn't even know you where partially right.

The Shop

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
11/4/2014 4:23am
Niiice. I like it! The back end looks very much like the last gen Hondas, which is no bad thing.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/4/2014 4:32am
So you are walking around and all of a sudden is the new KTM never before seen design. Take a photo without the entire bike in the photo, really? I get it, instagrams square config. Just want to see it!
luke99
11/4/2014 5:15am

I give you, the 2016 ktm. Isn't she a beauty!!
mmain62
11/4/2014 5:22am
If I remember correctly they kind of had that rear fender styling on the 07-08's didnt they? The 2016 is sick though for sure all I need to do is sell my truck,golf clubs,snowboard,yz250, and everything else I own so my wife will let me get one lol.
Olson
11/4/2014 5:32am
Very bulky on the filter side. Looks good though. Very thin seat, not much room for the shorter riders to make it lower. Saves weight i guess. Overall, I like it.
11/4/2014 5:32am
mmain62 wrote:
If I remember correctly they kind of had that rear fender styling on the 07-08's didnt they? The 2016 is sick though for sure all I...
If I remember correctly they kind of had that rear fender styling on the 07-08's didnt they? The 2016 is sick though for sure all I need to do is sell my truck,golf clubs,snowboard,yz250, and everything else I own so my wife will let me get one lol.
It was similar but not exactly the same. I always loved the KTM`s for their agressive modern look. Tongue only squawk would be putting graphics / numbers on will be a bit more tricky, but they always change up the graphics on the factory bikes so this will perhaps not be the same as what they will have at the gate at A1 or the gp´s.

The frame is beefier, cant wait to see the factory lads race it
11/4/2014 5:34am
Olson wrote:
Very bulky on the filter side. Looks good though. Very thin seat, not much room for the shorter riders to make it lower. Saves weight i...
Very bulky on the filter side. Looks good though. Very thin seat, not much room for the shorter riders to make it lower. Saves weight i guess. Overall, I like it.
Cairoli aint super big, i think the bike is probably lower than the 15 already? Imagine De dyckers big nougat seat haha!
Digger29
11/4/2014 5:36am
I don't like the look at all :-( It reminds me of the older KTM's and a little like the new KTM Freeride bike. Gross....
Olson
11/4/2014 5:39am
The rear fender matches the front fender so good with those holes/lines.
11/4/2014 5:41am
still on spring forks/ shock for 2016 then? hope so! probably be my last brand new bike for a while!!
Olson
11/4/2014 5:42am
Olson wrote:
Very bulky on the filter side. Looks good though. Very thin seat, not much room for the shorter riders to make it lower. Saves weight i...
Cairoli aint super big, i think the bike is probably lower than the 15 already? Imagine De dyckers big nougat seat haha!
Don't think it differs that much but Cairoli will most certainly run a lower sub frame than De Dycker. And different linkage. But that's not the option a consumer wants to do first thing out of the crate.
yzrider53
11/4/2014 5:43am
Sure would be nice if they come with the cone valve forks and trax shock as shown in the pic...
11/4/2014 5:43am
still on spring forks/ shock for 2016 then? hope so! probably be my last brand new bike for a while!!
Yeah, the only set of airforks ever made by wp is on andrew shorts bike at mec, maybe they made another set, but the factory boys still trying to R&D , you have to wait a couple of years til you see KTM brings out the air for the production.
11/4/2014 5:48am
Olson wrote:
Olson wrote:
Don't think it differs that much but Cairoli will most certainly run a lower sub frame than De Dycker. And different linkage. But that's not the...
Don't think it differs that much but Cairoli will most certainly run a lower sub frame than De Dycker. And different linkage. But that's not the option a consumer wants to do first thing out of the crate.
ofc the linkage and subframe, check this seat out that preston had a couple of years ago ,or de dyckers this year

Johnny Depp
11/4/2014 5:55am
Still need to see some details. New seat and plastic is not what this is all about. How did they make it faster, I know new frame and engine, but what did they do and why? The FE's ought to be released any day now.
Olson
11/4/2014 5:56am
Olson wrote:
Don't think it differs that much but Cairoli will most certainly run a lower sub frame than De Dycker. And different linkage. But that's not the...
ofc the linkage and subframe, check this seat out that preston had a couple of years ago ,or de dyckers this year [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/11/04/69569/s1200_Flu_graphics.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/11/04/69570/s1200_010_KTM_2014_KD9_bike.jpg[/img]
ofc the linkage and subframe, check this seat out that preston had a couple of years ago ,or de dyckers this year

Of course they have a higher seat. No problem there. But what I'm saying there can be a problem for the riders that wants a lower seat. There wont be any seat left.
11/4/2014 5:58am
Olson wrote:
ofc the linkage and subframe, check this seat out that preston had a couple of years ago ,or de dyckers this year [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/11/04/69569/s1200_Flu_graphics.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/11/04/69570/s1200_010_KTM_2014_KD9_bike.jpg[/img]

Olson wrote:
Of course they have a higher seat. No problem there. But what I'm saying there can be a problem for the riders that wants a lower...
Of course they have a higher seat. No problem there. But what I'm saying there can be a problem for the riders that wants a lower seat. There wont be any seat left.
Nope i agree! Will be a freestyle seat lol
mrbingo_
11/4/2014 5:58am
husqvarnas will be shown in one hour i think. dunno if there will be any mx 16 models
11/4/2014 6:01am
mrbingo_ wrote:
husqvarnas will be shown in one hour i think. dunno if there will be any mx 16 models
It wont , they will be using the 15 platform for the 2015. Unfortunately =/
Sixeightone
11/4/2014 6:03am
the retail value of my 2014 Husqvarna just skyrocketed!! That has got to be the ugliest bike I've ever seen. Cudos for ktm for always changing it up but the shroud all the way to the number plate was old school 97 Honda cr250... Super disappointed.. hopefully it changes or else I'll be headed back to the Japanese...
smezmx
11/4/2014 6:05am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 7:52am
Front brake line seems to go "through' the front numberplate.weird?

Digger29
11/4/2014 6:08am
the retail value of my 2014 Husqvarna just skyrocketed!! That has got to be the ugliest bike I've ever seen. Cudos for ktm for always changing...
the retail value of my 2014 Husqvarna just skyrocketed!! That has got to be the ugliest bike I've ever seen. Cudos for ktm for always changing it up but the shroud all the way to the number plate was old school 97 Honda cr250... Super disappointed.. hopefully it changes or else I'll be headed back to the Japanese...
Totally agree with you Flannel boy!!! FN Gross!!! It looks like I'll be riding a Husky for 16 :-)
11/4/2014 6:11am
the retail value of my 2014 Husqvarna just skyrocketed!! That has got to be the ugliest bike I've ever seen. Cudos for ktm for always changing...
Digger29 wrote:
Totally agree with you Flannel boy!!! FN Gross!!! It looks like I'll be riding a Husky for 16 :-)
I totally disagree with you both.
11/4/2014 6:15am
Digger29 wrote:
I totally disagree with you both.
so do i! are people really that shallow? not buying a bike because it doesnt look pretty?! hahahaha
if its a good bike then its a good bike- until the japs start making a 350, i think ill be staying orange!!
11/4/2014 6:15am
Yeah, the only set of airforks ever made by wp is on andrew shorts bike at mec, maybe they made another set, but the factory boys...
Yeah, the only set of airforks ever made by wp is on andrew shorts bike at mec, maybe they made another set, but the factory boys still trying to R&D , you have to wait a couple of years til you see KTM brings out the air for the production.
that's good news as far as im concerned!!

Post a reply to: All new KTM 2016

The Latest