All hail King Jeremy!!!

RACERX69
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:50am
In light of Bubbas recent self induced mis-fortune, it begs to serve as a reminder of what a true talent and overall bad ass Jeremy really was indoors. The guy amassed 72 250cc SX wins, 7 SX titles and never missed a SX main during his almost 10 year career in the 250 class. Truly amazing in such a difficult and un-forgiving sport!!!

His skill on a dirt bike is obviously un-questionable and primarily responsible for his success, but one aspect I feel that's most always overlooked is his intelligence. Without it, he would be just another guy with a couple of SX championships, as Bubbas destined to be. Jeremy knew when to hang it out and when not. He knew that you didn't always have to win a race to win a c-ship. He used others weaknesses to his advantage. He was a master tactician in every sense.

I doubt the sport will ever see another MC, and in my opinion that's fine. He's certainly worthy of the titles and records he holds. Imo, Bubba will never beat MC's records as he lacks the intelligence part of the equation. His window of opportunity to de-throne the King is quickly closing and unless he changes his approach, he will be rememberd not for his titles, but for his penchant to crash himself out of championship contention.

All Hail the King!
|
Overdrive
1/30/2010 2:47pm
Nobody is doubting the kings greatness so lets stop using it to pile on James mis-fortune.
PJ205
1/30/2010 2:55pm
He just cool-guyed me at the park and ride in Oceanside about an hour ago, I guess I offended him by saying "hey arent you jeremy mcgrath?"
mxr102
1/30/2010 2:56pm
Overdrive wrote:
Nobody is doubting the kings greatness so lets stop using it to pile on James mis-fortune.
I think its awesome what he said and everyone shoulduse it aganst James. If I remember right James said that this was the only record he cared about beating and he siad he could do it. So I'll leave it at that.
RACERX69
1/30/2010 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2010 3:22pm
Overdrive wrote:
Spin it anyway you would like, but Bubba's injury to me was a big reminder of how great Jeremy really was. I was also reminded of the comments Bubba has made in the past about his confidence in beating MC's records. If you're sole purpose for sticking around is to beat MC's records, like I feel he's possiby doing, it's time to move along!!

The Shop

Clutchy
1/30/2010 4:03pm
Overdrive wrote:
Fugg that... Pile on....James Stewart is the most overated champion EVER......
FlaNard
1/30/2010 4:04pm
Those 72 wins are pretty safe Id say.
racin mason
1/30/2010 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2010 5:20pm
Jeremy crashed about 4 or 5 times his whole career,and 2 of those times were Lamson's fault.His first race on the RM ,Lammy hit him from behind in the first turn,then knocked him down again before the first lap was over.Emig still has Steve on his Christmas list for that one!!
MXR
1/30/2010 4:20pm
Don't forget how clean Mc made his passes in SX . I wonder if the brain trust at Honda wishes they would have done more to keep the Goat and the King .
jeffro503
1/30/2010 5:04pm

You know , this thread could not of come at a better time. When it came to SX NOBODY can compete with Mc....period! Everyone of Bubba's fan base say that James is the most dominant SX racer of all time??....HAHA!!....pfftt!! Anyone who says that , not only do the record books show a different story , but just go back and watch him during those years. THAT is domination! he was so far ahead in skill level it was pathetic! And honestly......james is an Awesome rider/racer....no one can argue that , but he could NOT hold Mc's jock strap , plain and simple! Jesus Christ , not even the Goat came close to beating Jeremy's record.......And we are talking about the fuggin' Goat here man!!
dirthead1
1/30/2010 5:09pm
Today McGrath was out on Pala's main track just putting on a clinic. It's so cool to have been able to watch him race and practice all these years.
oshow
1/30/2010 5:11pm
RACERX69 wrote:
In light of Bubbas recent self induced mis-fortune, it begs to serve as a reminder of what a true talent and overall bad ass Jeremy really...
In light of Bubbas recent self induced mis-fortune, it begs to serve as a reminder of what a true talent and overall bad ass Jeremy really was indoors. The guy amassed 72 250cc SX wins, 7 SX titles and never missed a SX main during his almost 10 year career in the 250 class. Truly amazing in such a difficult and un-forgiving sport!!!

His skill on a dirt bike is obviously un-questionable and primarily responsible for his success, but one aspect I feel that's most always overlooked is his intelligence. Without it, he would be just another guy with a couple of SX championships, as Bubbas destined to be. Jeremy knew when to hang it out and when not. He knew that you didn't always have to win a race to win a c-ship. He used others weaknesses to his advantage. He was a master tactician in every sense.

I doubt the sport will ever see another MC, and in my opinion that's fine. He's certainly worthy of the titles and records he holds. Imo, Bubba will never beat MC's records as he lacks the intelligence part of the equation. His window of opportunity to de-throne the King is quickly closing and unless he changes his approach, he will be rememberd not for his titles, but for his penchant to crash himself out of championship contention.

All Hail the King!
Jeremy was the greateast supercrosser ever, he had IT.

But why do you dump on James in your post? If you ask MC, RC, K-Dub they would all sy he is the fastest person they have ever seen on a SX track, and if Chad told the truth he would say the same thing. I personally don't want James to win all the time and I do cheer against him, but you are seeing the absolute best when he is 100% and on a supercross track.

That being said does he do some stupid things and cause wrecks to happen ? That answer is yes.

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/30/2010 6:33pm
Overdrive wrote:
Clutchy wrote:
Classy post.
1/30/2010 6:34pm
RACERX69 wrote:
In light of Bubbas recent self induced mis-fortune, it begs to serve as a reminder of what a true talent and overall bad ass Jeremy really...

All Hail the King!
oshow wrote:
Jeremy was the greateast supercrosser ever, he had IT. But why do you dump on James in your post? If you ask MC, RC, K-Dub they...

But why do you dump on James in your post? If you ask MC, RC, K-Dub they would all sy he is the fastest person they have ever seen on a SX track, and if Chad told the truth he would say the same thing. I personally don't want James to win all the time and I do cheer against him, but you are seeing the absolute best when he is 100% and on a supercross track.

That being said does he do some stupid things and cause wrecks to happen ? That answer is yes.

Chad has said that countless times about JS. Literally.

IMO, in SX, name any rider in the last 10 years to win other than MC, RC, JS, KW.... and CR. I dont give a rat f%@k who was there or not, when they were there, a 4 point margin and a 6 point margin means he should be included and others agree... see the Legends show coming on speed in feb.
Unbidliama
1/30/2010 7:05pm
MC is the greatest of all time no doubt about that. But when he quit racing, RC was the better of him. When RC quit he was still able to win championships. If there was 1 rider with the posebility of beating MC record it is the goat.
Clutchy
1/30/2010 7:10pm
Overdrive wrote:
Clutchy wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Classy post.
Thank you.... Oh and I forgot to mention his shitty attitude.
RACERX69
1/30/2010 7:11pm
oshow wrote:
Jeremy was the greateast supercrosser ever, he had IT. But why do you dump on James in your post? If you ask MC, RC, K-Dub they...

Why do you feel I dumped on Bubba? I simply stated he lacks the ability to use his noggin when it counts. Does PHOENIX ring a bell? I can assure you MC would not have done what Bubba did and that's why he has 72 wins and 7 c-ships.

Sorry if I offended. Just stating an opinion.
`ol Ger
1/30/2010 7:13pm
I chuckle at the James-is-the-fastest-ever nonsense because it well illustrates the attention-span of the average memory.

The headlines of a Cycle News paper in May (1999). "Forget Elvis. Jeremy Rules the Strip!"

This was after he won by 20 some seconds and was quadding a section that wasn't designed to quad. A little refresher from the country...

g
RACERX69
1/30/2010 7:14pm
Unbidliama wrote:
MC is the greatest of all time no doubt about that. But when he quit racing, RC was the better of him. When RC quit he...
MC is the greatest of all time no doubt about that. But when he quit racing, RC was the better of him. When RC quit he was still able to win championships. If there was 1 rider with the posebility of beating MC record it is the goat.
Ummm, but he didn't.
Unbidliama
1/30/2010 7:25pm
thats why I said that he had the posebility. But indeed he didn't.
Ozy
1/30/2010 7:34pm
I knew this guy from Whittier that was the fastest rider I have ever seen. Everybody who saw him ride said the same thing. I guess we need to go back in the record books and put an asterisk next to all Bob Hannah's Championships because he never beat this guy straight up.

I know how stupid this sounds. So all you guys calling for an asterisk because your hero JBS is out need to shut the hell up.
oshow
1/30/2010 7:36pm
oshow wrote:

RACERX69 wrote:
Why do you feel I dumped on Bubba? I simply stated he lacks the ability to use his noggin when it counts. Does PHOENIX ring a...
Why do you feel I dumped on Bubba? I simply stated he lacks the ability to use his noggin when it counts. Does PHOENIX ring a bell? I can assure you MC would not have done what Bubba did and that's why he has 72 wins and 7 c-ships.

Sorry if I offended. Just stating an opinion.
I wasn't offended, sorry if it sounded like it.

. I did take it as you dumped on James saying
His skill on a dirt bike is obviously un-questionable and primarily responsible for his success, but one aspect I feel that's most always overlooked is his intelligence. Without it, he would be just another guy with a couple of SX championships, as Bubbas destined to be
This below is very true, he damn sure caused Phoenix and a lot of others.
In light of Bubbas recent self induced mis-fortune

RACERX69
1/30/2010 7:37pm
Ozy wrote:
I knew this guy from Whittier that was the fastest rider I have ever seen. Everybody who saw him ride said the same thing. I guess...
I knew this guy from Whittier that was the fastest rider I have ever seen. Everybody who saw him ride said the same thing. I guess we need to go back in the record books and put an asterisk next to all Bob Hannah's Championships because he never beat this guy straight up.

I know how stupid this sounds. So all you guys calling for an asterisk because your hero JBS is out need to shut the hell up.
Sorry Ozy, but who is this guy you speak of?
pilotdude
1/30/2010 7:49pm
Jeremy was awesome, no doubt. It took the GOAT to dethrone the King.
RACERX69
1/30/2010 7:52pm
oshow wrote:
I wasn't offended, sorry if it sounded like it. . I did take it as you dumped on James saying His skill on a dirt bike...
I wasn't offended, sorry if it sounded like it.

. I did take it as you dumped on James saying
His skill on a dirt bike is obviously un-questionable and primarily responsible for his success, but one aspect I feel that's most always overlooked is his intelligence. Without it, he would be just another guy with a couple of SX championships, as Bubbas destined to be
This below is very true, he damn sure caused Phoenix and a lot of others.
In light of Bubbas recent self induced mis-fortune

Sorry, but what you underlined seems to be the case at the moment. No dig on Bubba, it is what it is though.

James has 2 SX Cahmpionships. He's contested the big boy class for five years now and has crashed out 3 of those five. Jeremy had 4 championships at the end of 5 years and never missed a gate in the process!

All I'm trying to do is put MC's accomplisments into perspective. What he's done is simply amazing and the fact that Bubba shoots his mouth off about being able to beat MC's records is a bit foolish given his track record.
rcm406
1/30/2010 8:08pm
Well since the SX wins record is not likely for James, I wonder if he will race the outdoors and try to add to his All times wins list. He's 3rd right now.

RC - 150
MC - 89
JS - 81

Post a reply to: All hail King Jeremy!!!

The Latest