Alive... gave it a chance

sozo
5/26/2011 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:10am
just sucks.. hate it... unlocked everything too...

cant lean back and absorb the braking bumps, brakes don't work, cant clear jumps because you can't keep the back wheel on the ground, should I go on ...

Is Stewart having this much trouble with the new Yamaha 450F? ... sorry lol
|
5/26/2011 1:59pm
We call them "brakes" in English.
Do you people even attend school? Wink
sozo
5/26/2011 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2011 2:12pm
lol DOH... yup... typing too fast, too much coffee
ddog558
5/26/2011 2:11pm
I like it. To each his own, I guess.
5/26/2011 2:57pm
I gave it a go and enjoyed it, but I hadn't played reflex for a few months. It just takes getting use to. Plus I didn't smash something in the first 10mins of playing so its doing better than reflex

The Shop

mxjef
5/26/2011 5:56pm
I hated it the first night I played, glad I stopped myself from throwing it out the window. Now I love it.
CeeTee
5/26/2011 6:28pm
About to get even better with the new patch coming up Smile
5/27/2011 1:18am Edited Date/Time 5/27/2011 1:28am
Overall I think it's a better MX game than Reflex, I won't go further into that because we've already covered the pro's and con's multiple times.

With the physics in Alive, I think there's an up side and a down side.

In Reflex you had to carry a huge amount of momentum because the bikes just weren't that powerful. As I said before, carrying momentum was essentially the primary game play mechanic. If you didn't take the correct lines then, at least in MP, you probably weren't going to win. The downside to that was everyone being forced to generally take the same outside sweeping lines. You couldn't really make the insides work with Reflex as you can in Alive, and you certainly couldn't get away with any significant contact. In this regard I think Alive is much better because you can experiment more.

The problem is that, in order to keep challenging you, in order to still reward one player for hitting a jump harder than another player, they've installed a much more aggressive gravity.

So now, although you can get out of a corner much faster, take the inside lines etc,.... it doesn't translate into being able to jump things with ease because they've turned the gravity up. I understand why they've done this but I also think it makes things a little harder (not impossible) to judge. It's not so easy to time jumps and pick a landing spot. It's like you're riding with one set of physics but then another set takes over the moment you get airborne. It's a touch less intuitive.

It's not game breaking, I mean I still think Alive is freaking awesome. I love the cornering feel especially. However it does take an adjustment period, it's not so natural as in Reflex. It'll be interesting to see how SX works out when the dlc is released.
TDeath21
6/2/2011 2:19pm
From what I'm seeing in gameplay videos, it looks like Reflex actually had better graphics. Is this true or am I just seeing things? Also I assume that the track's ruts get deeper throughout the race like in Reflex? I just don't know if it's worth buying if it's not an upgrade from the previous game.
ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
6/3/2011 1:52pm
TDeath21 wrote:
From what I'm seeing in gameplay videos, it looks like Reflex actually had better graphics. Is this true or am I just seeing things? Also I...
From what I'm seeing in gameplay videos, it looks like Reflex actually had better graphics. Is this true or am I just seeing things? Also I assume that the track's ruts get deeper throughout the race like in Reflex? I just don't know if it's worth buying if it's not an upgrade from the previous game.
Reflex graphics were better IMO, but the ruts are far better in Alive. Sandwick was almost unrideable after just a couple laps, but it was my favorite.
DoctorJD
6/3/2011 2:01pm
ddog558 wrote:
I guess I must have really low standards, because I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Damn, its just a game, if I want reality, I'll go ride my real bike.
mxjef
6/3/2011 2:06pm
ddog558 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
I guess I must have really low standards, because I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Damn, its just a game, if I want reality, I'll...
I guess I must have really low standards, because I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Damn, its just a game, if I want reality, I'll go ride my real bike.
Yep...
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
6/3/2011 2:40pm
I like it. The tracks are way better then Reflex. Any word on getting some SX tracks?
6/3/2011 4:10pm
The thing I love about it is each track has heaps of different lines through each section. Maison de motox has some pretty cool multi line sections

Post a reply to: Alive... gave it a chance

The Latest