Alias new gear release?

tempura
9/25/2017 5:09pm
Went over to Alias, and was thinking about buying a few sets of gear. Stock must be low, only one gear set had my size.
Is there more stock coming?
|
Cygrace74
9/25/2017 5:31pm
Heard rumors this spring of them shutting down due to low profits, they're all quantity over profit. Would help stores a lot for them to close
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
9/25/2017 5:38pm
They made a comment about making room for ‘18 stuff on FB a couple of weeks ago.
9/25/2017 5:47pm
I can't picture then closing since everyone and their brother wears Alias.
nolookpass
9/25/2017 6:26pm
Moving old inventory; new gear in 2-3 weeks I heard.

The Shop

cjg23307
9/25/2017 7:03pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Heard rumors this spring of them shutting down due to low profits, they're all quantity over profit. Would help stores a lot for them to close
I don't think they are closing. Half the riders around the tracks here are wearing it. When it's priced half of what any other company is why not buy the stuff, it's just as good as the other stuff for me and they are amazing to work with. Every time I have emailed alias asking a question I've got a response within a day, I emailed fly asking a question because I was maybe going to buy a set and no response so I stuck with Alias yet again.
r.sal923
9/25/2017 7:35pm
Can't beat the price, and quality is same as most gear company's out there.
rmoto003
9/25/2017 8:04pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Ive heard this "rumor" for the last 3 or 4 years now
Bennett59
9/25/2017 8:07pm
They just sent me info on sneak peak for the new stuff coming out so there just probably just getting rid of old stock
9/25/2017 9:54pm
I loveee alias. Have like 7 sets. No holes either unlike my TLD gear...got holes in the pants after a month
tempura
9/25/2017 10:03pm
I loveee alias. Have like 7 sets. No holes either unlike my TLD gear...got holes in the pants after a month
Yeah, I can relate.. Bought some seven gear, a few rides later the knees were blown out. Same for my Fly, hydrogen gear.
I don't pay for that stuff now, not worth it to me..
9/25/2017 10:11pm
tempura wrote:
Yeah, I can relate.. Bought some seven gear, a few rides later the knees were blown out. Same for my Fly, hydrogen gear. I don't pay...
Yeah, I can relate.. Bought some seven gear, a few rides later the knees were blown out. Same for my Fly, hydrogen gear.
You have to try Fasthouse. Unrivaled quality.
Dang It
9/25/2017 10:22pm
tempura wrote:
Yeah, I can relate.. Bought some seven gear, a few rides later the knees were blown out. Same for my Fly, hydrogen gear. I don't pay...
I would have to agree with you. That Fly Hydrogen is marketed as light weight. Just my experience was light weight but flimsy and wears out quickly. OK for pros but I need something that is going to last. Will try Alias next time for sure.
david_alias
9/26/2017 10:34am
Our new gear will be available within 7-10 days! Stamp it
Jt$
9/26/2017 10:40am
cjg23307 wrote:
I don't think they are closing. Half the riders around the tracks here are wearing it. When it's priced half of what any other company is...
I don't think they are closing. Half the riders around the tracks here are wearing it. When it's priced half of what any other company is why not buy the stuff, it's just as good as the other stuff for me and they are amazing to work with. Every time I have emailed alias asking a question I've got a response within a day, I emailed fly asking a question because I was maybe going to buy a set and no response so I stuck with Alias yet again.
Where did you send the email? Either way, I would be happy to help even though you have already made a purchase with another brand.
Jt$
9/26/2017 10:42am
tempura wrote:
Can you send me photos of this? I am surprised to hear about it. We have triple Kevlar stitched leather panels with 3 layers of foam reinforcement behind the leather itself even down into our Kinetic line, too. We take knee durability very seriously.
9/26/2017 11:01am
Our new gear will be available within 7-10 days! Stamp it
Nice, hope there are some good colorways coming.
9/26/2017 11:19am
tempura wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Can you send me photos of this? I am surprised to hear about it. We have triple Kevlar stitched leather panels with 3 layers of foam...
Can you send me photos of this? I am surprised to hear about it. We have triple Kevlar stitched leather panels with 3 layers of foam reinforcement behind the leather itself even down into our Kinetic line, too. We take knee durability very seriously.
I have 5 sets of 2017 fly hydrogen and it's probably the best wearing kit I've ever used. (Although the jersey is abit smaller than average)

Everything else I've used wore holes in the knees
(Fox, Ansr, tld)
9/26/2017 12:01pm
cjg23307 wrote:
I don't think they are closing. Half the riders around the tracks here are wearing it. When it's priced half of what any other company is...
Jt$ wrote:
Where did you send the email? Either way, I would be happy to help even though you have already made a purchase with another brand.
Check out this fly on the Fly on the wall. Good to see you backing your brand though
r.sal923
9/26/2017 12:12pm
Just got the email. Any day now
Jrewing
9/26/2017 2:10pm
I'll add that in a four person pile up my A1 pants only a few rides old tore from the bottom cuff to the inseam the whole way up. Never seen that before and even though obviously in boots and knee pads I didn't have a mark on my right leg.
If my left ankle wasn't sprained I'd have had no chance of doing the last moto.
Most comfortable pants I've had but.
9/26/2017 3:39pm
Unfortunately they will not be updating the vented line until 2018.
tempura
9/26/2017 4:34pm
tempura wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Can you send me photos of this? I am surprised to hear about it. We have triple Kevlar stitched leather panels with 3 layers of foam...
Unfortunately, they went in the trash..
I can tell you, it wasn't at the leather side panels, they went at the front of the knee where the thin material is, with a layer of foam behind it.
Also, the rubber/plastic material surrounding the vent holes started peeling off after the first wash.
The leather on the inner sides were fine, although becoming increasingly stiff and wrinkled after a couple of washes.
I have to say that gear was a let down.. My sincere feedback to you.
Jt$
9/26/2017 5:06pm
tempura wrote:
Unfortunately, they went in the trash.. I can tell you, it wasn't at the leather side panels, they went at the front of the knee where...
I can tell you, it wasn't at the leather side panels, they went at the front of the knee where the thin material is, with a layer of foam behind it.
Also, the rubber/plastic material surrounding the vent holes started peeling off after the first wash.
The leather on the inner sides were fine, although becoming increasingly stiff and wrinkled after a couple of washes.
Sorry to hear this. The Hydrogen line has been our biggest success story as of late and my personal favorite, too.

There are a lot of variables that can happen with this particular feedback including how it's washed, dried, etc, but either way, I apologize for your experience. I hope you'll give us another shot down the line.
cjg23307
9/26/2017 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 6:02pm
Jt$ wrote:
Raceadmin@flyracing.com the only one I could find on the website. Not a big deal anymore was just wondering if you guys offered name and number on the back since no one got back to me I figured you guys didn't.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
9/26/2017 6:13pm
Jt$ wrote:
Sorry to hear this. The Hydrogen line has been our biggest success story as of late and my personal favorite, too. There are a lot of...
Sorry to hear this. The Hydrogen line has been our biggest success story as of late and my personal favorite, too.

There are a lot of variables that can happen with this particular feedback including how it's washed, dried, etc, but either way, I apologize for your experience. I hope you'll give us another shot down the line.
When you say there are many variables with the issue of knees wearing out of pants, has anyone questioned their knee braces instead?

I used to use older style Asterisk braces which I liked but they seemed to wear my knees out quicker from any brand pants than my Podmx braces. That's just my impression and I have used many different brand pants with each of those braces.
Spooner
9/26/2017 6:33pm
tempura wrote:
Unfortunately, they went in the trash.. I can tell you, it wasn't at the leather side panels, they went at the front of the knee where...
Jt$ wrote:
Sorry to hear this. The Hydrogen line has been our biggest success story as of late and my personal favorite, too. There are a lot of...

I'm sure JT can back me up on this but it sounds like you were using oxi clean on the pants? While that stuff is awesome at taking out stains it sucks all the moisture out of the leather and will become cardboard after a few washes. Sometimes you can save it by using some lotion or leather conditioner. I know you tossed them but this is more for general info if you have this happen again.
tempura
9/26/2017 6:35pm
I use the Pod400 braces.
Look, the problems as I see it, arise from the thin, lightweight materials being used in high impact/stress areas like the knees. A mild tip over, or even checking your tire pressures in the gravel paddocks can start tearing these thin materials with ease.
Areas like the knees need to have stronger material, period.
Given the conditions and stresses these gears will probably encounter, they should be made to be protective and hard wearing. I'm all for light weight, but there needs to be a balance to include longevity.
tempura
9/26/2017 6:38pm
Spooner wrote:
I'm sure JT can back me up on this but it sounds like you were using oxi clean on the pants? While that stuff is awesome...
I'm sure JT can back me up on this but it sounds like you were using oxi clean on the pants? While that stuff is awesome at taking out stains it sucks all the moisture out of the leather and will become cardboard after a few washes. Sometimes you can save it by using some lotion or leather conditioner. I know you tossed them but this is more for general info if you have this happen again.
Thanks for the info.
The reason they got tossed, wasn't because of the leather, it was because of the front knee section.
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
9/26/2017 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 6:44pm
Have you had Alias pants before? I recently bought a set of their A1 stuff and there is a part on the pant near the knee area that is a thin, stretchy material that may not hold up very well over time either. I've only worn the set once though so I can't speak to it's longevity and I do think the stuff overall is great for the price. I wish their stuff was more of an athletic fit though. I got a size small jersey and it is still quite big on me.
Spooner
9/26/2017 6:46pm
tempura wrote:
Thanks for the info.
The reason they got tossed, wasn't because of the leather, it was because of the front knee section.
Yeah I know, I just wanted to make sure you knew about the leather as that goes for all brands and will also kill a pant.

Post a reply to: Alias new gear release?

The Latest