Alias MX done?

oldnwise
4/26/2018 3:55am
They learned their business tactics from No Fear....leave customers baffled unti bankruptcy
Gandorlf
4/27/2018 2:48pm
RonJon wrote:
I don't know how it is everywhere else, it seems half of the kids on the track here are kitted in Alias. Their direct to consumer...
I don't know how it is everywhere else, it seems half of the kids on the track here are kitted in Alias. Their direct to consumer model is brilliant.
Not in Europe. At least not in the Netherlands. They don't do the direct to customer here and ordering from the US takes away the discount...
Not in Europe. At least not in the Netherlands. They don't do the direct to customer here and ordering from the US takes away the discount because of shipping and taxes. I hardly see anyone with alias gear here.
Same in the UK. They're model works great in the US but not so good here in Europe. Don't think I've ever seen Alias gear tbh. Too expensive with the import tax etc.

The Shop

7/28/2018 5:05pm
Nbonney54 wrote:
Their site has no stock of anything.
Probably because they are waiting on the new gear.
That would be my guess. They said on IG that they'll start getting word out to everyone.
Sounds like they either sold the company, got an investor infusion, or took a long hard look at things and decided to give it another shot.
I for one like their model of factory direct.
Spooner
7/28/2018 6:04pm
What I don’t understand is how they could get gear in stock any time soon. The lead times are quite long to get stuff produced plus you’re generally getting samples made etc over a year ahead of time. Assuming they knew they were going to shut the doors in the spring I don’t see how they could be getting gear in stock before spring 2019.
7/29/2018 3:43am
Ive worn Alias for years and don't understand as a business how they can be so uncommitted to the sport they serve. Either your making new gear or not. Release the pictures/info or don't. Every other brand keeps things under wraps until the big launch when its typically available. Just seems very odd how they decided to do things the last year.
shifter125
Fantasy
2378th
7/30/2018 5:52pm
I was bummed when they ran out of gear but they're pretty smart. Sell product direct to consumer at a reasonable price /margin. Then ditch your biggest expense aka supporting factory team, most gear has exaggerated margins to support teams and riders Alias pricing is more reasonable cost/ margins and let someone else support the team ala shift and reboot the company.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/30/2018 6:06pm
You may not have heard the last of them. The last time I talked with the crew behind it, they had a plan for a return.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
7/31/2018 5:15am
GuyB wrote:
You may not have heard the last of them. The last time I talked with the crew behind it, they had a plan for a return.
Good to hear! I’m a fan of it.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
7/31/2018 5:26am
It's a good brand and they have a fan base. Should be easy for new management to continue it on.

Post a reply to: Alias MX done?

The Latest