Alias MX done?

Edited Date/Time 7/31/2018 5:27am
Anyone know if they really are calling it quits? They are down to one set of gear on their website.

Priced too low? Not enough sales?
|
mpy
4/16/2018 3:06am
From Alias Facebook:
ALiAS MX Hello Janelle, yes indeed We are completely sold out of all of our 2018 gear and the only gear we have in stock right now is the snow camo limited edition! And we are starting to run very low on that too. We had a very successful Spring Savings event, more then we could have planned for! We are working hard to get new inventory in stock as fast as possible.
KDXGarage
4/16/2018 4:29am
...as soon as the slow boat from China shows up, we will have more Chinese clothes to sell you...

The Shop

Motofinne
4/16/2018 4:54am
mpy wrote:
From Alias Facebook: ALiAS MX Hello Janelle, yes indeed We are completely sold out of all of our 2018 gear and the only gear we have...
From Alias Facebook:
ALiAS MX Hello Janelle, yes indeed We are completely sold out of all of our 2018 gear and the only gear we have in stock right now is the snow camo limited edition! And we are starting to run very low on that too. We had a very successful Spring Savings event, more then we could have planned for! We are working hard to get new inventory in stock as fast as possible.
So everything except a limited gear set of 200 is sold out? That sounds strange.

Either they are releasing 2019 gear really soon, someone made a huge mistake when ordering the 2018 gear or something is fishy.

mpy
4/16/2018 5:32am
Motofinne wrote:
So everything except a limited gear set of 200 is sold out? That sounds strange. Either they are releasing 2019 gear really soon, someone made a...
So everything except a limited gear set of 200 is sold out? That sounds strange.

Either they are releasing 2019 gear really soon, someone made a huge mistake when ordering the 2018 gear or something is fishy.

Don't they release new designs every 3-4 months? Sounds strange that they have nothing to offer, but maybe the last sets were more popular than expected... and the boat with the next shipment can't come any quicker just because you sold out.
4/16/2018 5:36am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 5:36am
This is in the e-mail I got from them regarding the issue:

"Due to the overwhelming success of our Spring Savings event we surprisingly sold out of all of our product!

We thank you for being patient with us while we are working very hard at getting our next line of gear and other products ready for you. We want to be transparent with you and let you know that a production cycle is 150 days plus shipping time to our warehouse"

Sounds like demand outpaced the supply. I don't think they're going anywhere, I'd really love to know how their model is impacting the big guys Thor, Fox, etc.
kkawboy14
4/16/2018 6:11am
They could possibly have stuff available at retailers but not in their own warehouse.
4/16/2018 6:14am
kkawboy14 wrote:
They could possibly have stuff available at retailers but not in their own warehouse.
They don't supply to retailers as far as I know, they are a direct to consumer business as of 2-3 years ago.
kkawboy14
4/16/2018 6:16am
kkawboy14 wrote:
They don't supply to retailers as far as I know, they are a direct to consumer business as of 2-3 years ago.
Ahhh, that would explain why it’s harder for them to judge how much product they need.
fourfourone
4/16/2018 6:22am
I rock alias. When they have a sale you can get a high end kit for 100 bucks. Way better quality then most other brands that are over 200 dollars for a kit.
Dcross829
4/16/2018 6:27am
After my dog chewed up my brand new gloves I called because all gloves were out of stock. They sent me there last pair of large white gloves. Hopefully they get more gear in soon.
RonJon
4/16/2018 6:35am
I don't know how it is everywhere else, it seems half of the kids on the track here are kitted in Alias. Their direct to consumer model is brilliant.
TJMX947
4/16/2018 7:34am
In early 2014 I bought a set of their A1 gear, and the pants didn't fit. I sent it back and all of their A1 stuff was out, I had to get A2 gear. They're moving units for sure.

If you go to a BMX track the only gear you see is Alias and Fly, maybe a little bit of TLD thrown in there for the guys with money to burn.
Cygrace74
4/16/2018 7:47am
This is in the e-mail I got from them regarding the issue: "Due to the overwhelming success of our Spring Savings event we surprisingly sold out...

"Due to the overwhelming success of our Spring Savings event we surprisingly sold out of all of our product!

We thank you for being patient with us while we are working very hard at getting our next line of gear and other products ready for you. We want to be transparent with you and let you know that a production cycle is 150 days plus shipping time to our warehouse"

Sounds like demand outpaced the supply. I don't think they're going anywhere, I'd really love to know how their model is impacting the big guys Thor, Fox, etc.
It is hurting Fox, Thor, TLD, and some other brands. But it's hurting local shops and dealerships more than anyone else.
4/16/2018 8:08am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 8:09am
This is in the e-mail I got from them regarding the issue: "Due to the overwhelming success of our Spring Savings event we surprisingly sold out...

Cygrace74 wrote:
It is hurting Fox, Thor, TLD, and some other brands. But it's hurting local shops and dealerships more than anyone else.
RMATVMC, BTO, etc. are hurting local shops and dealers way more than one gear company. My local shop hasn't carried up to date MX gear in stock in years besides some lower end helmets and boots. All they have is a few pieces of FOX since thats what all the "bros" wear. They are a couple years old and mix-matched sizes and styles, XXXL red jersey and a size 28 green pants and stuff like that. I passed the other day and they had "40% off all in stock MX gear" sign. This is one anecdotal account but I've seen it at more shop than one.
Cokeham23
4/16/2018 8:10am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 8:11am
I got the same email about a month ago. I went to pick up another set because of that spring deal, saw everything was out of stock so sent an email and she said they had sold out of everything except the camo gear. Pretty crazy!

I’m glad they aren’t done though. I’ve been wearing their gear since it came out. I like most of their designs, figment is spot on for me, and it’s held up pretty good.
4/16/2018 8:15am
RonJon wrote:
I don't know how it is everywhere else, it seems half of the kids on the track here are kitted in Alias. Their direct to consumer...
I don't know how it is everywhere else, it seems half of the kids on the track here are kitted in Alias. Their direct to consumer model is brilliant.
Not in Europe. At least not in the Netherlands. They don't do the direct to customer here and ordering from the US takes away the discount because of shipping and taxes. I hardly see anyone with alias gear here.
Motofinne
4/16/2018 8:20am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 8:23am

Cygrace74 wrote:
RMATVMC, BTO, etc. are hurting local shops and dealers way more than one gear company. My local shop hasn't carried up to date MX gear in...
RMATVMC, BTO, etc. are hurting local shops and dealers way more than one gear company. My local shop hasn't carried up to date MX gear in stock in years besides some lower end helmets and boots. All they have is a few pieces of FOX since thats what all the "bros" wear. They are a couple years old and mix-matched sizes and styles, XXXL red jersey and a size 28 green pants and stuff like that. I passed the other day and they had "40% off all in stock MX gear" sign. This is one anecdotal account but I've seen it at more shop than one.
That is true but you're forgetting to mention that some dealers have only themselves to blame.

Big online company offers this: Cheaper price, free shipping, free return if the product doesn't fit you, great customer service.

If the local dealer can't match anything the big guy offers, why feel bad for them? If the local dealer can't match in the price category they have to offer something else. And to be fair, they are often absolutely horrible to deal with.

Luckily i have found a dealer that will match (and go lower on some products) the online retailers with 80% of the products i need and the support is top notch. I'm even ready to pay a few percent more on some products if i'm able to get extremely good treatment and help with the bike or a product when i need it.
Motofinne
4/16/2018 8:22am
RonJon wrote:
I don't know how it is everywhere else, it seems half of the kids on the track here are kitted in Alias. Their direct to consumer...
Not in Europe. At least not in the Netherlands. They don't do the direct to customer here and ordering from the US takes away the discount...
Not in Europe. At least not in the Netherlands. They don't do the direct to customer here and ordering from the US takes away the discount because of shipping and taxes. I hardly see anyone with alias gear here.
Yeah same here. 24MX had some of the Alias gear heavily discounted a few years ago and some people bought it over here but other than that i never see Alias.
4/16/2018 8:36am
Cygrace74 wrote:
RMATVMC, BTO, etc. are hurting local shops and dealers way more than one gear company. My local shop hasn't carried up to date MX gear in...
Motofinne wrote:
That is true but you're forgetting to mention that some dealers have only themselves to blame. Big online company offers this: Cheaper price, free shipping, free...
That is true but you're forgetting to mention that some dealers have only themselves to blame.

Big online company offers this: Cheaper price, free shipping, free return if the product doesn't fit you, great customer service.

If the local dealer can't match anything the big guy offers, why feel bad for them? If the local dealer can't match in the price category they have to offer something else. And to be fair, they are often absolutely horrible to deal with.

Luckily i have found a dealer that will match (and go lower on some products) the online retailers with 80% of the products i need and the support is top notch. I'm even ready to pay a few percent more on some products if i'm able to get extremely good treatment and help with the bike or a product when i need it.
I think we are in agreement on this, I only stated the big online guys are hurting local shops because of their own doing. I only really went to my local shop to pick up a bottle of engine ice and a couple oil filters every now and then to shoot the breeze with the same parts guy I've been dealing with since I started riding in 2000 . He just quit and moved on a few months ago. The shop was sold about a year ago as well so there is no one there that I know anymore. They're only concerned about selling side by sides, 4 wheelers, and accessories for them (giant mud tires and rims, light bars, winches, etc.) But yeah every time Alias gets brought up this same topic usually follows as well.
twotwosix
4/22/2018 8:53pm
So is there something to this? Is the Geico team leaving Alias mid season connected? Or just a coincidence?
tonyd811
4/22/2018 9:10pm
twotwosix wrote:
So is there something to this? Is the Geico team leaving Alias mid season connected? Or just a coincidence?
This.....I believe they are “Shift”ing for the outdoors and beyond.....
NorCal 50+
4/22/2018 9:47pm
Literally tens of devastated motocrossers will mourn the loss of their dedicated gear of choice.
Narwhal
4/23/2018 1:58am
twotwosix wrote:
Where did you see that Geico and Alias are splitting?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
4/23/2018 9:29am
What is the truth here? Lots of rumours about a business that has come out to say they sold out of gear and more is coming. I'm sure they would not want rumours out there that they are going out of business if in fact they are not.

As for losing Geico, that would be a heavy blow to the marketing but a team like that could field some high dollar offers from other companies.
Motofinne
4/23/2018 9:49am
Ramrod wrote:
What is the truth here? Lots of rumours about a business that has come out to say they sold out of gear and more is coming...
What is the truth here? Lots of rumours about a business that has come out to say they sold out of gear and more is coming. I'm sure they would not want rumours out there that they are going out of business if in fact they are not.

As for losing Geico, that would be a heavy blow to the marketing but a team like that could field some high dollar offers from other companies.
Losing Geico Honda, a factory team mid season? How often does something like that happen?

Something is up. Unless their contract was up after this SX season, but how often does a gear deal for a factory team run out mid season?
4/23/2018 9:58am
There is no way they happen to sell out of goggles, helmets, gear, etc. They had to sell to a distributor of some kind.

No new gear?

Rumors of them shifting..

It was good while it lasted.

Post a reply to: Alias MX done?

The Latest