Alex Martin Move On Forkner

IWreckALot
7/3/2018 5:03am
peelout wrote:
the only thing i didn't like was Martin blaming Forkner for it. kinda reminded me of Musquin playing down the Tomac move. oh well, great racing...
the only thing i didn't like was Martin blaming Forkner for it. kinda reminded me of Musquin playing down the Tomac move.

oh well, great racing this weekend
JBlain619 wrote:
I don't think he "blamed" him. I think he stated what others have thought and experienced. Normally this works out for Forkner (chopping off the line)...
I don't think he "blamed" him. I think he stated what others have thought and experienced. Normally this works out for Forkner (chopping off the line), but this time it didn't. I don't an issue with either one of their moves. I thought they both did a pretty good job of taking responsibility of their actions. Racing incident...nothing more, nothing less. I do think Forkner will put this one in the back of his mind and Big Al better be prepared for it!

BTW Peely...going to LL this year to watch Pierce?? He killed it at Mammoth!
peelout wrote:
good points, just seemed like a weird thing to throw Forkner's past moves into the conversation. yeah, me and my old man are going to LL...
good points, just seemed like a weird thing to throw Forkner's past moves into the conversation.

yeah, me and my old man are going to LL to watch Pierce, i think this is his year. will you be down there at all? Mammoth was very good to him, fastest times of everyone all week. he's killing it right now.
I found the comment a bit odd. Kinda chalked it up to either AMart fishing for what to say at the time. Or he is frustrated with Forkner pulling that move frequently. The Martin bros never really let their emotions out of control and maybe that comment was as "out of control" as AMart will get. Ha.

Either way, move didn't bother me much. You could see AMart was trying to make the turn and the move wasn't anything malicious. Just didn't work out.
JBlain619
7/3/2018 7:32am
peelout wrote:
the only thing i didn't like was Martin blaming Forkner for it. kinda reminded me of Musquin playing down the Tomac move. oh well, great racing...
the only thing i didn't like was Martin blaming Forkner for it. kinda reminded me of Musquin playing down the Tomac move.

oh well, great racing this weekend
JBlain619 wrote:
I don't think he "blamed" him. I think he stated what others have thought and experienced. Normally this works out for Forkner (chopping off the line)...
I don't think he "blamed" him. I think he stated what others have thought and experienced. Normally this works out for Forkner (chopping off the line), but this time it didn't. I don't an issue with either one of their moves. I thought they both did a pretty good job of taking responsibility of their actions. Racing incident...nothing more, nothing less. I do think Forkner will put this one in the back of his mind and Big Al better be prepared for it!

peelout wrote:
good points, just seemed like a weird thing to throw Forkner's past moves into the conversation. yeah, me and my old man are going to LL...
good points, just seemed like a weird thing to throw Forkner's past moves into the conversation.

yeah, me and my old man are going to LL to watch Pierce, i think this is his year. will you be down there at all? Mammoth was very good to him, fastest times of everyone all week. he's killing it right now.
Yessir! I should be there Thursday morning. This should be Seth's last year at the ranch so I don't want to miss it.
dboivin
7/3/2018 7:59am
dboivin wrote:
my dad always told me...if you don't want to be taken out by the guy behind you...go faster than him. otherwise stfu and race. i listened...
my dad always told me...if you don't want to be taken out by the guy behind you...go faster than him. otherwise stfu and race.

i listened to both after the race. I think they both were on the same page...and owned it. unfortunate it was but it was 2 guys fighting over the same line. shit happens.
IWreckALot wrote:
That avatar never gets old. Ha. Cracked me up the race and thread that came from. You still have the thread saved somewhere?
don't have it bookmarked but it was detroit supercross where the pic was from and i think a thread about it.
peelout
7/3/2018 9:12am
JBlain619 wrote:

peelout wrote:

JBlain619 wrote:
Yessir! I should be there Thursday morning. This should be Seth's last year at the ranch so I don't want to miss it.
is Seth going pro after LL or full season next year?

The Shop

mac3-d
7/4/2018 1:56am
A-mart knew Ferrandis was catching them both fast & he needed to make the pass ASAP .Wow 2 weeks in a row !. A-mart will win one of these if he stays on
shredder22
7/4/2018 5:37am
Plenty, but this isn't about me. Its about a kid who barely fell off his dirt scooter, and ruined his race. Compare it to A-Marts much...
Plenty, but this isn't about me. Its about a kid who barely fell off his dirt scooter, and ruined his race. Compare it to A-Marts much bigger crash late in the second moto at Muddy Creek...and also remember the rib injury earlier in the season, which 'healed' in few days.

I'm a fan of Forkner...its just obvious he needs to harden the feck up.
Unless Forkner is lying about having the air knocked out of him, it's pretty self explanatory. Especially at their heart rates and energy levels battling it out in moto 2. I'm sure you would have gotten up way faster regardless of the fact you couldn't breath lol
7/4/2018 1:18pm
Plenty, but this isn't about me. Its about a kid who barely fell off his dirt scooter, and ruined his race. Compare it to A-Marts much...
Plenty, but this isn't about me. Its about a kid who barely fell off his dirt scooter, and ruined his race. Compare it to A-Marts much bigger crash late in the second moto at Muddy Creek...and also remember the rib injury earlier in the season, which 'healed' in few days.

I'm a fan of Forkner...its just obvious he needs to harden the feck up.
shredder22 wrote:
Unless Forkner is lying about having the air knocked out of him, it's pretty self explanatory. Especially at their heart rates and energy levels battling it...
Unless Forkner is lying about having the air knocked out of him, it's pretty self explanatory. Especially at their heart rates and energy levels battling it out in moto 2. I'm sure you would have gotten up way faster regardless of the fact you couldn't breath lol
Some of you guys are having a really hard time understanding that certain riders are tougher than others. Sure he got the wind knocked out of him, but I would guess 95% of the class wouldn't suffer the same 'injury' falling off their bike at 5 mph into a pile of soft sand. I like Forkner but he's got a history of being too soft. If he wants a title, he needs to toughen up.
JBlain619
7/6/2018 10:48am
peelout wrote:

JBlain619 wrote:
peelout wrote:
is Seth going pro after LL or full season next year?
The plan is outdoors 2019 but that subject to change depending on who he signs with. If he were asked to fill in after LL, he would do it.

Post a reply to: Alex Martin Move On Forkner

The Latest