Alex Martin JGR 2019?

8/27/2018 5:34pm
A stock 250f would not make the same hp as an early factory 250f thats just retarded. Ppl seems to have forgotten about the hp war...
A stock 250f would not make the same hp as an early factory 250f thats just retarded. Ppl seems to have forgotten about the hp war back in the day and for example although a ktm 250 2stroke today have way more bottom and mid hp than the Ones from the early 2000's had (around 4-5hp more bottom/mid) the early ones had around 2.5hp more at the top. And back then ppl didnt understand as well that chassis is even more important than peak hp so all their efforts went into the engines.

For example the fastest (enginewise) 450 i've ever rode was my old 2005 crf, it was waaay more violent than my old 2014 ktm 450 , 2012 ysf 450 or my friends 2018 crf 450. And even a 2001 426 i believe would probably make more peak hp than a 2011 yzf 450 even tho the curve would be completly different on the newer bike. Fuck i remember seing bartolini winning the 500gp in Västerås sweden 97 or 98 on a yzm400 and beating smets 600, efreim and hanssons 500 2 strokes etc and that was probably the first 4 stroke that made the same hp as the bigger bikes but with a lighter and more nimble chassi
ML512 wrote:
Straight from Ian Harrison’s mouth that a current KTM 250 SX-F is making about the same HP as their early factory RM-Z250s and the current spread...
Straight from Ian Harrison’s mouth that a current KTM 250 SX-F is making about the same HP as their early factory RM-Z250s and the current spread was even better.
I believe it when i see a dyno comparison. But to be fair ktm is the fastest 250f and they r comparing it against one of the slowest 250f's ever made. Doubt a new stock ktm would have more hp than a lets say 06 factory ktm.

jbrown15
8/27/2018 6:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 12:59am
A stock 250f would not make the same hp as an early factory 250f thats just retarded. Ppl seems to have forgotten about the hp war...
A stock 250f would not make the same hp as an early factory 250f thats just retarded. Ppl seems to have forgotten about the hp war back in the day and for example although a ktm 250 2stroke today have way more bottom and mid hp than the Ones from the early 2000's had (around 4-5hp more bottom/mid) the early ones had around 2.5hp more at the top. And back then ppl didnt understand as well that chassis is even more important than peak hp so all their efforts went into the engines.

For example the fastest (enginewise) 450 i've ever rode was my old 2005 crf, it was waaay more violent than my old 2014 ktm 450 , 2012 ysf 450 or my friends 2018 crf 450. And even a 2001 426 i believe would probably make more peak hp than a 2011 yzf 450 even tho the curve would be completly different on the newer bike. Fuck i remember seing bartolini winning the 500gp in Västerås sweden 97 or 98 on a yzm400 and beating smets 600, efreim and hanssons 500 2 strokes etc and that was probably the first 4 stroke that made the same hp as the bigger bikes but with a lighter and more nimble chassi
ML512 wrote:
Straight from Ian Harrison’s mouth that a current KTM 250 SX-F is making about the same HP as their early factory RM-Z250s and the current spread...
Straight from Ian Harrison’s mouth that a current KTM 250 SX-F is making about the same HP as their early factory RM-Z250s and the current spread was even better.
I believe it when i see a dyno comparison. But to be fair ktm is the fastest 250f and they r comparing it against one of...
I believe it when i see a dyno comparison. But to be fair ktm is the fastest 250f and they r comparing it against one of the slowest 250f's ever made. Doubt a new stock ktm would have more hp than a lets say 06 factory ktm.

The stock 250f’s in 2004 were making 35hp, do you honestly think they were getting another 15hp out of race motors? They would have been happy to get another 8hp out of those motors at the time, which puts them at what stock HP numbers are at now. They didn’t have magic ECU’s back then either.
8/28/2018 1:57am
ML512 wrote:
I believe it when i see a dyno comparison. But to be fair ktm is the fastest 250f and they r comparing it against one of...

jbrown15 wrote:
The stock 250f’s in 2004 were making 35hp, do you honestly think they were getting another 15hp out of race motors? They would have been happy...
The stock 250f’s in 2004 were making 35hp, do you honestly think they were getting another 15hp out of race motors? They would have been happy to get another 8hp out of those motors at the time, which puts them at what stock HP numbers are at now. They didn’t have magic ECU’s back then either.
Bro there you have it, mxa got 35.5 rest wheel hp out of a new sxf250 last year i think, max number i have ever seen was 38.5hp for a 18 and with 2004 bikes Making 35hp stock there is no way a factory bike then made less than a stock one today.

15 is a bit much but 10-12 easily. You could get more out of them but that would be risking it..
jbrown15
8/28/2018 7:07am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 7:20am

jbrown15 wrote:
The stock 250f’s in 2004 were making 35hp, do you honestly think they were getting another 15hp out of race motors? They would have been happy...
Bro there you have it, mxa got 35.5 rest wheel hp out of a new sxf250 last year i think, max number i have ever seen...
Bro there you have it, mxa got 35.5 rest wheel hp out of a new sxf250 last year i think, max number i have ever seen was 38.5hp for a 18 and with 2004 bikes Making 35hp stock there is no way a factory bike then made less than a stock one today.

15 is a bit much but 10-12 easily. You could get more out of them but that would be risking it..
This is starting to get this thread off topic, last year both KTM and obviously Husky both made over 40hp, there’s a bunch of different shootout dynos showing those bikes making 41hp. So 6hp more than 250f’s back in 2004 when Stew was racing his 125 against 250’s. And sadly the current Suzuki 250 is making around the same hp numbers as those 2004-2005 250f’s.

A stock Suzuki is down about 15% hp compared to a few of the other current top bikes. My whole point is no matter how you slice it the Suzuki is down on power, if stock is down compared to the other brands a totally modded factory motor will still be down on power compared to the other bikes with factory modded motors.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/28/2018 7:12am

jbrown15 wrote:
Bro there you have it, mxa got 35.5 rest wheel hp out of a new sxf250 last year i think, max number i have ever seen...

Most stock 250s were putting out between 32-35 in the early years and the current crop is mostly 38-42 range (except for the Suzuki...) The dyno we use, which reads a little low, has the KTM and Husky at 41.5 HP right now.

A 20% gain on early factory 250 engines would place them around today's power outputs and a 20% gain on today's 250 engines would put you between 47-50-ish...where they're rumored to be.
Pigspit
8/28/2018 2:20pm
Even with unlimited resources, the time and effort required for JGR to achieve horsepower parity with the other teams has to detract from other aspects of the program.
danman
8/29/2018 6:12am
So far in this discussion we have the HP crowd and the handling crowd. What about the rider crowd.
If I look at the riders, handling, and the HP, here is what I think.
1) Hill WANTED to win last year on the 250. The bike handled great, decent HP, but he was overly aggressive so he could win. This year, he wanted on the 450 so bad. Maybe, just maybe that aggressive behavior went away because he didn't want to be on the 250. Same bike/handling, same or more HP, same rider mentality???? I doubt it.
2) I think if you took someone as driven as Osborne is, Carmichael was, or Stewart was, that RMZ would consistently be on the box. I think Hill wanted on the 450 so bad, he wasn't willing to hang it out there to increase his chances of moving up. Yup, that's reverse thinking, but if he was in contention of the 250 title, there is no way they'd let him ride the 450.
3) I don't think that A-Mart is aggressive enough on a consistent basis to put this bike on the box consistently. He has flashes of top of the box speed one week, then top 10 the next. I hate saying this because I love both the Martin boys. Their parents did a bang up job of raising two very polite, respectful men.

From and old, slow, and fat guy, I think handling is more important than HP, AND I also think the rider is just as important as HP. JS on the 125 proves that. An AGGRESSIVE rider on a great handling bike that is underpowered will turn his fastest laps on that bike, period.
SidewayzMike
Fantasy
179th
8/29/2018 3:02pm
jbrown15 wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:
This is starting to get this thread off topic, last year both KTM and obviously Husky both made over 40hp, there’s a bunch of different shootout...
This is starting to get this thread off topic, last year both KTM and obviously Husky both made over 40hp, there’s a bunch of different shootout dynos showing those bikes making 41hp. So 6hp more than 250f’s back in 2004 when Stew was racing his 125 against 250’s. And sadly the current Suzuki 250 is making around the same hp numbers as those 2004-2005 250f’s.

A stock Suzuki is down about 15% hp compared to a few of the other current top bikes. My whole point is no matter how you slice it the Suzuki is down on power, if stock is down compared to the other brands a totally modded factory motor will still be down on power compared to the other bikes with factory modded motors.
JBrown sorry to say but you have no clue. If I’m a privateer looking to sign and JGR offers your stoked as hell. As a factory rider losing your deal looking for a ride and JGR wants to sign it’s a hell yea. People get too caught up in stock bike magazine shootouts. I get so mad at these new age guys “I’m a front steering guy”, “I’m a rear steering guy” is all bull$h1t. If you ride a Kawasaki and you know they dont front steer; don't try to set the bike up to front steer, ride it the way that bike likes to be ridden. if I’m a JGR rider and I know I’m down on power but my bike handles like a boss thru whoops, I’m gonna set that bike up so I make up time thru whoops. I feel like so many keyboard racers think If their bike doesn’t handle like a KTM than it’s no good. Do People seriously believe that if the JGR bikes are 3.7 horsepower less than a KTM that means that they’re going to get their doors blown off. These people are stupid, you people are stupid. Aaron Plessinger was going to win iron man Motocriss finale whether he was on a 125 or his star bike. Well, I guess it’s good that Suzuki and JGR have a new bike, they already said it’s got more ponies stock, and we know JGR gonna squeeze every bit out of it, we all know yellow bikes handle like gold. Watch the. Win. You shootout people are so immature and dumb to think that stock bike paid for magazine shootouts determine championships. Justin hill won on that yellow turn, but it’s so slow than why didn’t they lap him. I guess I’m just as confident as the JGR guys
11/3/2019 12:06pm
Sorry to bump this old thread but I’m looking for a guy that lived near The shop that got bikes from JGR and posted his white RMZ on a Suzuki thread.

Ghost

Post a reply to: Alex Martin JGR 2019?

The Latest