Alex Martin JGR 2019?

Spat24
Fantasy
618th
6/30/2018 2:03pm
Who is on the JGR amateur team that is ready to step up next year - or maybe after LL's?
brimx153
6/30/2018 8:59pm
Jimmy D just about holeshot the first moto . If he can do that in the sand the bike can't be mad far off .
Crush
6/30/2018 9:51pm
ML512 wrote:
For our 2018 Shootout, every one of our test rider's worst "best lap time" was aboard the Suzuki and it gave the worst average lap time...
For our 2018 Shootout, every one of our test rider's worst "best lap time" was aboard the Suzuki and it gave the worst average lap time for each rider. The 450 didn't fair much better...

Having ridden JGR's race bike and a Geico Honda within a few months time of each other, I can confidetenly say the race trim Suzuki is a bit off. It's good...but for outdoors, imo, it's at a disadvantage compared to any of the other factory teams. I think in Supercross, the chassis and character of the engine are enough to get by and be labeled as more of a level playing field.
Who'd have thought you need an actual test to prove something that is probably fairly common sense.
SwingHard
7/1/2018 8:37am
Jimmy Decotis must've put yellow plastics on one of the "FAST"250F's! According to this thread, his start shouldn't be possible?

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/1/2018 9:27am
SwingHard wrote:
Jimmy Decotis must've put yellow plastics on one of the "FAST"250F's! According to this thread, his start shouldn't be possible?
And then a hard reverse. Malcolm Stewart pulled holeshots at Geico when he was nearing the north of 210lbs. A good launch and right shifts can make the start.

To put my next comment bluntly, if anyone in here thinks the RM-Z250s are making the exact numbers of the other 250s in the field, you're dreaming. I'm not saying they're miles off (the stock bike is) but it's the lowest of the six factory-level 250Fs when it comes to output.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
7/1/2018 4:22pm
I can gaurantee Stroups initials arent stamped on any pro's casing buddy. Secondly I dont need any source to help determine to me what a Suzuki...
I can gaurantee Stroups initials arent stamped on any pro's casing buddy.

Secondly I dont need any source to help determine to me what a Suzuki can and cant do. Trust me, ive seen and am involved plenty.

Nicoletti and Decotis are doing what they are always doing. They are not front runners and have never been! Hill has always been a notorious bad starter, so not sure what your on about? When he was on the Pc bike he always had to come from behind. Jgr this year has come a long way over the past few years and are making key strides to get to the top consistently, and wouldn't you know it that their (first victory ever) came from the very same bike your so disgusted of.

Its sad that you really think the bike is the issue?

You want to base all you're opinons on your shootout reads, thats cool....but let me ask you a question? When has a Suzuki ever won a shootout and a consecutive title in one year? Everytime I read a shootout, it shows riders of all skill sets setting their best times on the mighty Zook and then when it comes down to the numbers the Zook is always voted to the bottom? Doesn't ever make any since to me.

Lastly im pretty sure Hill put the old, slow zook on the top step of the podium this year!!
In what way are you involved? I'm not taking a shot at you, i'm just interested to know what it is at JGR you do.

Hill won a title 12 months ago, pretty easily actually with a round to spare. This year he won a race. Sure it may be Hill regressing but his results got better when he moved to a 450, a class where overall horsepower is less of a determining factor. Could be a coincidence, who knows.

I'll take Michael Lindsay and Phil's word for it over yours at the moment though. Those bikes are behind in power from everything i've seen and heard. The actualy engine design is behind, look at what the other brands are doing with air box design, intake angles, electronics, fuel injection etc. etc. The Suzuki is running a nearly 10 year old design. Nothing wrong with that, they yamaha did it for years and were a great bike for the general public. At the Pro level though it is an issue.
B DUB 333
7/1/2018 4:37pm
This place cracks me up. Hill was winning sx races on it a couple months ago. He must be the best rider of all time..... yeah Zook sucks.
7/1/2018 4:53pm
Switching to a RMZ at this point in time would be career suicide. And before I get flamed the best bike I ever rode was a zook
FHKRacingZ
7/1/2018 9:19pm
That Ryan Cox TLD motor is no-joke...no way the JGR is on par with his TLD setup
BobbyLight
7/1/2018 9:59pm
I live and work in huntersville and a guy from jgr came I'm. I asked him a few questions, like if Justin's 250 performance s lately was because of the bike (being underpowered) or if he had something going on and he said no he thinks its just his starts and referenced a 2018 sx race where he did fine once he got a start. I asked if he was glad to be on the 450 and he said yeah Justin had been whining to get on one. He also said the new 250 is coming out this year and I could have misunderstood him but he made it sound like the engine was getting an update and mentioned that Suzuki was about handling but it still hadn't been updated in like 10 years.

Sunhouse
7/1/2018 11:07pm
Why are we presuming Alex Martin would be on a 250? Wouldn’t he a 450 candidate by now?
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
7/1/2018 11:52pm
SwingHard wrote:
ML512 wrote:
And then a hard reverse. Malcolm Stewart pulled holeshots at Geico when he was nearing the north of 210lbs. A good launch and right shifts can...
And then a hard reverse. Malcolm Stewart pulled holeshots at Geico when he was nearing the north of 210lbs. A good launch and right shifts can make the start.

To put my next comment bluntly, if anyone in here thinks the RM-Z250s are making the exact numbers of the other 250s in the field, you're dreaming. I'm not saying they're miles off (the stock bike is) but it's the lowest of the six factory-level 250Fs when it comes to output.
ya if you pay attention to jimmy d at southwick you can visually see he just isnt getting the drives the others are. he was literally gettting swallowed up.

even if you had jeremy martin or zach osborne on that bike, they would still be very hard pressed to put the bike on the box.

the deep dirt, long straights just expose the lack of hp. unlike sx.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/2/2018 7:34am
Sunhouse wrote:
Why are we presuming Alex Martin would be on a 250? Wouldn’t he a 450 candidate by now?
Because their 450 team is full and Alex's worth is on a 250.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/2/2018 8:11am
I can gaurantee Stroups initials arent stamped on any pro's casing buddy. Secondly I dont need any source to help determine to me what a Suzuki...
I can gaurantee Stroups initials arent stamped on any pro's casing buddy.

Secondly I dont need any source to help determine to me what a Suzuki can and cant do. Trust me, ive seen and am involved plenty.

Nicoletti and Decotis are doing what they are always doing. They are not front runners and have never been! Hill has always been a notorious bad starter, so not sure what your on about? When he was on the Pc bike he always had to come from behind. Jgr this year has come a long way over the past few years and are making key strides to get to the top consistently, and wouldn't you know it that their (first victory ever) came from the very same bike your so disgusted of.

Its sad that you really think the bike is the issue?

You want to base all you're opinons on your shootout reads, thats cool....but let me ask you a question? When has a Suzuki ever won a shootout and a consecutive title in one year? Everytime I read a shootout, it shows riders of all skill sets setting their best times on the mighty Zook and then when it comes down to the numbers the Zook is always voted to the bottom? Doesn't ever make any since to me.

Lastly im pretty sure Hill put the old, slow zook on the top step of the podium this year!!
I know better than to try to reason with a fanboi, but the engine builders that have chimed in the past universally disagree with you. The stock motor starts off with less horsepower, and the configuration doesn't leave much room for additional horsepower. The other bikes start with more horsepower, and have more room to grow those numbers because of their design.
7/2/2018 8:28am
Why even talk about Suzuki with how much they suck? ML has made it clear in every thread he can.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
7/2/2018 9:27am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2018 9:29am
Why even talk about Suzuki with how much they suck? ML has made it clear in every thread he can.
Coming from the guy who is disgusted by the word KTM. Wink

I never said suck btw, I’m just pointing out the fact that the riders on their 250s are at a disadvantage to any other factory squad in terms of power output. Considering there are some people on here that think they’ve worked black magic on them...
7/2/2018 9:51am
ML512 wrote:
Coming from the guy who is disgusted by the word KTM. ;) I never said suck btw, I’m just pointing out the fact that the riders...

I never said suck btw, I’m just pointing out the fact that the riders on their 250s are at a disadvantage to any other factory squad in terms of power output. Considering there are some people on here that think they’ve worked black magic on them...
What can I say, I'm concerned for the safety of my KTM riding moto brothers.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
7/2/2018 11:45am
ML512 wrote:
Coming from the guy who is disgusted by the word KTM. ;) I never said suck btw, I’m just pointing out the fact that the riders...

Michael, is it true that the rmz250 is much more limited for motor work than the others? Can’t remember where I heard it, but someone said they were having issues because they couldn’t do as much work to the motor as the other factories.
tprice07
7/2/2018 12:07pm
JGR should have big money to spend this year and you think they go with Alex Martin? No offense to him but I don't see why they'd go that route for the top guy. Are they satisfied with Peick as the "top guy". I imagine they are pushing to grab Cooper Webb.
Motofinne
7/2/2018 12:09pm
tprice07 wrote:
JGR should have big money to spend this year and you think they go with Alex Martin? No offense to him but I don't see why...
JGR should have big money to spend this year and you think they go with Alex Martin? No offense to him but I don't see why they'd go that route for the top guy. Are they satisfied with Peick as the "top guy". I imagine they are pushing to grab Cooper Webb.
What other 250 riders are available? AMart is a 5-10 rider in SX and a top 5 rider outdoors.
tprice07
7/2/2018 12:24pm
tprice07 wrote:
JGR should have big money to spend this year and you think they go with Alex Martin? No offense to him but I don't see why...
Motofinne wrote:
What other 250 riders are available? AMart is a 5-10 rider in SX and a top 5 rider outdoors.
I'm an idiot, I was thinking he was going 450 for some reason.
SidewayzMike
Fantasy
237th
8/2/2018 8:43pm
Only thing in Moto that matters is chassis, and yellow seems to have one of if not the best. Not the bigg st Alex Martin fan but I’ll be on the troll train a hundred percent if he goes yellow. I always pull for the JGR guys, I’m a fan of yellow magic
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/2/2018 10:39pm
Bennett59 wrote:
When is Falk and Drake moving up
Falk is moving up after this LL week and Drake is going up next year.
SidewayzMike
Fantasy
237th
8/3/2018 9:58am
I remember Tim Gajser and the Honda gp guys complaining that the YAmahas were pulling them hard on the glen Helen uphills. I guess Honda’s must be crap too
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/3/2018 10:01am
I remember Tim Gajser and the Honda gp guys complaining that the YAmahas were pulling them hard on the glen Helen uphills. I guess Honda’s must...
I remember Tim Gajser and the Honda gp guys complaining that the YAmahas were pulling them hard on the glen Helen uphills. I guess Honda’s must be crap too
Tim Gajser's bike wasn't that heavily developed, so he was down a bit on power...they were more of a private Honda team when he was on 250s, unlike the HRC effort that it's become now.
SidewayzMike
Fantasy
237th
8/3/2018 10:10am
People used to dog Mitch for running kawi because KX 125’s were so slow. I remember Mitch saying “you can make a slow bike fast but you can’t make a bike handle”. But apparently in this case you can’t make the bike fast after ten years of figuring them out? Seems odd to me. I just always thought it was because the factory spent way fewer years building them. I guess it’s a good thing that JGR has the best 450 alive, hands down
BroFoSho
8/3/2018 1:45pm
People used to dog Mitch for running kawi because KX 125’s were so slow. I remember Mitch saying “you can make a slow bike fast but...
People used to dog Mitch for running kawi because KX 125’s were so slow. I remember Mitch saying “you can make a slow bike fast but you can’t make a bike handle”. But apparently in this case you can’t make the bike fast after ten years of figuring them out? Seems odd to me. I just always thought it was because the factory spent way fewer years building them. I guess it’s a good thing that JGR has the best 450 alive, hands down
By that logic a tuned 1988 Ford Mustang should destroy a tuned 2018 Ford Mustang because tuners and race shops have had "more time to figure it out" WhistlingWhistlingWhistling
psg119
8/3/2018 3:25pm
BroFoSho wrote:
By that logic a tuned 1988 Ford Mustang should destroy a tuned 2018 Ford Mustang because tuners and race shops have had "more time to figure...
By that logic a tuned 1988 Ford Mustang should destroy a tuned 2018 Ford Mustang because tuners and race shops have had "more time to figure it out" WhistlingWhistlingWhistling
Not to get off topic but don't many people prefer to drag race the Fox Body Mustangs? I think it'd be pretty possible for a 1988 to beat a current Mustang in a straight line... just depends on what engine is tuned to what degree on each of the cars. Now on a road coarse I'd put my money on the 2018 even if it was under powered. I have no experience whatsoever on the Suzuki but as another Joe Shmo I'd say I'd rather ride something that is better handling than have a ton of power and handle horrible. But I honestly don't believe any of these bikes now are going to handle to badly and would probably all have more than enough power for me.

Does anyone actually have the dyno numbers from the JGR bikes? Like someone said I don't think you can judge it as being under powered from watching on TV. Or equivalent for that matter. That could very well just be the rider. And Jimmy is fresh off a pretty bad injury so I feel that is highly the case. I don't think JGR would go with a bike that they didn't think they could win on seeing as the are pretty competitive in everything they do. What I do know is those new 250s and 450s do look pretty freakin sweet Laughing
psg119
8/3/2018 3:31pm
ML512 wrote:
For our 2018 Shootout, every one of our test rider's worst "best lap time" was aboard the Suzuki and it gave the worst average lap time...
For our 2018 Shootout, every one of our test rider's worst "best lap time" was aboard the Suzuki and it gave the worst average lap time for each rider. The 450 didn't fair much better...

Having ridden JGR's race bike and a Geico Honda within a few months time of each other, I can confidetenly say the race trim Suzuki is a bit off. It's good...but for outdoors, imo, it's at a disadvantage compared to any of the other factory teams. I think in Supercross, the chassis and character of the engine are enough to get by and be labeled as more of a level playing field.
I've always wondered this when reading shootouts... for lap times do you guys go out there and really try to throw down some hot laps at race pace? Or is it more of just trying to ride at like 80% or so and whatever you guys end up more comfortable on at that pace is what depicts your best lap times? I'm only wondering because it seems like some bikes may handle different at different paces. I guess it would depend on if your shootout is geared more towards serious racers or weekend warriors.

Post a reply to: Alex Martin JGR 2019?

The Latest