Alex Martin 2018 Champion?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2018 6:33 PM

To be honest, i really liked Alex martin´s 2017 outdoor season, he was fast but faded a lot later in the motos.

This year he has the speed and is not fading, i mean, he´s racing as well as JMart and he does have the speed, could this be the year for him to finally win it?

dont get me wrong, i really love plessinger but he´s fast and i´m sure he will do fine in the future while Alex needs to win soon, i mean, you can tell he has been putting the hard work this season right?

Can he finally win this year´s championship?

View Results

|

7/3/2018 6:36 PM

Where's "Maybe"?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

7/3/2018 6:49 PM

I hope so these last 3 yrs he’s been steady improving for race winner to championship contender. Especially after jmart crashed out. But I could also see AP holding on to it

|

7/3/2018 7:02 PM

Still fading and making mistakes lage in the moto

99% sure he crashed in 5 of the last 6 motos. Had he not, I say yes he makes a good run at it. As it stands now, I say no.

|

7/3/2018 7:15 PM

mx 219 wrote:

99% sure he crashed in 5 of the last 6 motos. Had he not, I say yes he makes a good run at it. As it stands now, I say no.

well, he said that they used a too soft shock setting and he crashed a lot, for soutwick they stiffed it up and he didnt crash...... at least alone hahaha

i dont know, i like how he rides, he looks like he wants it so bad, i mean, his ride at southwick was awesome.

|

7/4/2018 4:17 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Where's "Maybe"?

Maybe. If he can stop crashing while at or near the front. He's one of several that I would like to see win it.

|

7/4/2018 4:30 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Where's "Maybe"?

+1

It is still very open at the moment, especially between those 2.

It would have been fun to see Cooper in this, it has been a long time since a rookie killed it (RC / RV).

|

7/5/2018 6:19 AM

Can he win it? I'd say he has as good of a shot as anyone right now.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

7/5/2018 6:32 AM

Hell yes he can and i'm pulling for him to do it! What a story it would be!

Seriously though, he is pulling starts, he's as good as anyone or better with maybe the exception of AP on his freaky days. He should get it done.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/5/2018 7:04 AM

I'd like to see Alex win it. That's part of the reason I was so critical of his move on Forkner. I can't say that I think he'll win, because he's been doing anything he can to throw away points lately. That said, Plessinger hasn't done much the past two weeks. Hope it's a good battle to the last race either way.

|

7/5/2018 7:33 AM

All aboooooooard!

Photo

|

7/5/2018 7:43 AM

If he can minimize his mistakes and stop crashing he'll be in a very good position.

|

7/5/2018 7:48 AM

aeffertz wrote:

All aboooooooard!

Photo

This made my day

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/5/2018 7:53 AM

aeffertz wrote:

All aboooooooard!

Photo

Choo chooooooo???

|

7/5/2018 6:16 PM

Would love to see him pull it off. But just to many mistakes from the troll.

|

7/5/2018 8:27 PM

Alex is my guy. He's had some diggers for sure. Pressure related boners...yes again. But what made me a fan is that he rode for years with less than stellar results and when little brother started winning...he seemed to say, "hey, I can ride as fast as him mostly...why aren't I winning"? He got the eye of the tiger and shazam...he's a whole new man. I dig it. He's not that far out of the lead...some good rides and it's his.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/6/2018 12:26 AM

Plessinger ain't no Dungey either in terms of consistency. The end of this season is going to come down to who can get moto wins, more than consistency. The only person capable of being consistent in the class is J-mart and Osborne.

|

7/6/2018 8:22 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Plessinger ain't no Dungey either in terms of consistency. The end of this season is going to come down to who can get moto wins, more than consistency. The only person capable of being consistent in the class is J-mart and Osborne.

Jmart and Zacho don't appear to have total lock on consistency...w00t silly

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/6/2018 8:27 AM

mx 219 wrote:

when has alex martin “faded”?

|

7/6/2018 9:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2018 9:12 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Their #1 plates beg to differ.

Also, consistency doesn't mean going 1-3-2-1-4-3-2-1-2-1-1-4-4-3-1-1-2-1-2-2... it can simply mean being near the front each weekend, despite track conditions, starts, being sick, being injured, etc. AP and Martin have simply had weekends where they've won, and weekends where they've been lucky to break top 5. Jmart and Osborne very rarely have those weekends.

|

7/6/2018 11:03 AM

mx 219 wrote:

He isn't fading though, he just keeps crashing. He's the only one out there that has been consistently falling and still making the podium.

|

7/6/2018 12:40 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

plowboy wrote:

devindavisphoto wrote:

Their #1 plates beg to differ.

Also, consistency doesn't mean going 1-3-2-1-4-3-2-1-2-1-1-4-4-3-1-1-2-1-2-2... it can simply mean being near the front each weekend, despite track conditions, starts, being sick, being injured, etc. AP and Martin have simply had weekends where they've won, and weekends where they've been lucky to break top 5. Jmart and Osborne very rarely have those weekends.

I was being a little sarcastic bro. Martin/Osborne have been the guys to beat for sure...but both are out injured hence my comment about them not having a lock on "consistency".

|

7/6/2018 1:05 PM

Would like to see AMart 250 Champ, stay on the bike, don’t get hurt and he has great shot at it!

|

still trying to follow Dad's golden rule..."USE YOUR HEAD FOR SOMETHING MORE THAN A HAT RACK!"
current rides:
'13 250SX
'17 701 Husky

7/6/2018 1:08 PM

jarvinator wrote:

Would like to see AMart 250 Champ, stay on the bike, don’t get hurt and he has great shot at it!

X2...but remember....I'm #1 fanboy. You can have the second step on the box.

|

7/6/2018 1:18 PM

I’m hoping on the troll train. He needs a 1-1 tho

|

7/6/2018 1:39 PM

Would love to see it happen, and going by how the season has panned out so far I'd say anything is possible.

|