Alex Campbell DF14 Mechanic

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2021 11:55am
What a champion. Team work makes the dream work!

|
9/5/2021 1:52pm
I would be divorced, just saying.
That is one very understanding wife, a strong bond there!
A very committed man there as well, his pay for 80+ hours a week would not be generous enough for me.

The Shop

9/5/2021 2:17pm
I agree, i had already been told if i chased the pro mx series ilwe wouldnt work out, props to this man and his wife for kicking butt for df14
CPR
9/5/2021 4:02pm
Awesome to hear some of the behind the scene stories.
They’re the stories the media should be telling as fill in material during the broadcast.
9/5/2021 5:46pm
60 days that’s nothing, last yr I worked 8 months straight every week I ran to the east coast a lot of Jersey. Covid lock down at home, I figured I would just work. Co had no one else that could handle the east, truck was junk 3.5 weeks straight throwing up lactic acid. I had 6 days off then 3.5 months straight made crap and quit. Since dec I worked for a Chicago Russian mafia co we jokingly call them that, but there is some truth to that also. Dec to April I had 1 day off a lot of east coast again. Tore the shop foreman a new 1 for installing the wrong brake parts on trailers. I came back to work he assigned me a pile of junk, more physical than running a jack hammer. Trying to buy a Mack truck but I can’t find one rates are very high, so a truck is hard to find and if you do you will pay 25k more at least. Most drivers are staying out much longer now . I saw the Star rig sitting at a hotel in s. Bend on that big break b4 red Bud, I wonder if the driver just stays there or flys home. A lot of sacrifices on the team by many people.
Mavetism
9/5/2021 7:16pm
Most riders have separated race and practice mechanics, I can't imagine someone doing both, that's insane. Hope he makes good money. Cool to see everything is paying off!
LumpDog841
9/5/2021 7:16pm
60 days that’s nothing, last yr I worked 8 months straight every week I ran to the east coast a lot of Jersey. Covid lock down...
60 days that’s nothing, last yr I worked 8 months straight every week I ran to the east coast a lot of Jersey. Covid lock down at home, I figured I would just work. Co had no one else that could handle the east, truck was junk 3.5 weeks straight throwing up lactic acid. I had 6 days off then 3.5 months straight made crap and quit. Since dec I worked for a Chicago Russian mafia co we jokingly call them that, but there is some truth to that also. Dec to April I had 1 day off a lot of east coast again. Tore the shop foreman a new 1 for installing the wrong brake parts on trailers. I came back to work he assigned me a pile of junk, more physical than running a jack hammer. Trying to buy a Mack truck but I can’t find one rates are very high, so a truck is hard to find and if you do you will pay 25k more at least. Most drivers are staying out much longer now . I saw the Star rig sitting at a hotel in s. Bend on that big break b4 red Bud, I wonder if the driver just stays there or flys home. A lot of sacrifices on the team by many people.
fuck off
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
9/5/2021 7:34pm
I got the pleasure of parking next to Alex and DF at Cahuilla a year and a half ago and I have nothing but great things to say about both of them. Complete class acts and Alex helped me a little change a flat tire. Been a huge fan ever since.
captmoto
9/5/2021 11:42pm
Mavetism wrote:
Most riders have separated race and practice mechanics, I can't imagine someone doing both, that's insane. Hope he makes good money. Cool to see everything is...
Most riders have separated race and practice mechanics, I can't imagine someone doing both, that's insane. Hope he makes good money. Cool to see everything is paying off!
Brings consistency to the program, the practice bike probably feels identical to his race bike. Another small part of the success puzzle.
MelonFan123
9/8/2021 11:22am
So gnarly. It's nice when it pays off but what about the other factory mechanics who do similar levels of sacrifice without the championship results? Ouch.

Gotta respect the hustle but thats a no for me, dog. Grinning
Cortami79
9/8/2021 11:42pm
Mechanics are underrated most of the times, cool to see Weege giving him (and his wife) as much credits as they deserve. As a mechanic you really have to love the sport, because if you compare the salary with the amount of hours of work, then you could better quit. I've seen it first hand with a friend of mine being a mechanic for a privateer EMX250 kid, working 80+ hours a week to get from practices to the races. It's gnarly to do that for a whole season year in year out..
9/9/2021 12:52am
60 days that’s nothing, last yr I worked 8 months straight every week I ran to the east coast a lot of Jersey. Covid lock down...

fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2821st
9/9/2021 7:52am
He's a Minnesota guy who started out working at a local shop I buy bikes from. It's cool to see someone go from a mechanic at a shop in a town of ~3,000 people to the top of the sport.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/9/2021 7:55am
He's a Minnesota guy who started out working at a local shop I buy bikes from. It's cool to see someone go from a mechanic at...
He's a Minnesota guy who started out working at a local shop I buy bikes from. It's cool to see someone go from a mechanic at a shop in a town of ~3,000 people to the top of the sport.
Any idea if he speaks French? I see his pit board messages to Dylan are in French.

Maybe he just memorized some of the key words?

Either way, he's doing a damn fine job.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2821st
9/9/2021 8:20am
He's a Minnesota guy who started out working at a local shop I buy bikes from. It's cool to see someone go from a mechanic at...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Any idea if he speaks French? I see his pit board messages to Dylan are in French. Maybe he just memorized some of the key words...
Any idea if he speaks French? I see his pit board messages to Dylan are in French.

Maybe he just memorized some of the key words?

Either way, he's doing a damn fine job.
I would think he has picked up a bit on in over the past few years working with Dylan.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
9/9/2021 10:11am
It truly sounds like you're breaking a lot of laws unless you're taking the required time off and logging properly.
Kyle978
9/9/2021 10:14am
I’m literally going to flip off every semi I see hoping it just might be you.
captmoto
9/9/2021 10:37am
stremme12 wrote:
It truly sounds like you're breaking a lot of laws unless you're taking the required time off and logging properly.
STAN
Shit
That
Ain't
Nothin'

Post a reply to: Alex Campbell DF14 Mechanic

The Latest