Alessi's orange gear

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:03pm
At first I was wondering why he had partially orange gear, having just left KTM, but then I noticed it was very similar to the orange on this gear. Tribute?

|
DoctorJD
1/8/2012 3:01pm
It was cool seeing JT back out there after all these years. I liked that black/orange color scheme, however, those helmets (as much as I liked them back in the day) seem really dated.
Rooster
1/8/2012 4:07pm
It looked great from the stands.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/8/2012 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2012 4:16pm
ocscottie
1/8/2012 4:31pm
Reminded more of The Burners black THOR gear.

The Shop

Wolfman
1/8/2012 4:34pm
I didn't like it on the original broadcast, but when watching it today, the gear had really grown on me overnight. I dig it!
1/8/2012 4:35pm
I thought it looked really good, along with the Troy Lee blue/orange. That stuff is just badass.
mx836
Not a fan of the helmet. Mainly the chin vent, but other than that, the gear looks good and I'm not even old.
BobbyM
At first I was wondering why he had partially orange gear, having just left KTM, but then I noticed it was very similar to the orange...
At first I was wondering why he had partially orange gear, having just left KTM, but then I noticed it was very similar to the orange on this gear. Tribute?

MC's bikes and garb looked fucking badass imho
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/8/2012 5:30pm
MotoChief wrote:
Maybe he just like orange.
Maybe JT Racing wanted to make a statement, and Mike had little choice in it?
MotoChief
1/8/2012 6:12pm
MotoChief wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Maybe he was saying FU to Suzuki. Of course if you know something, why not let us know what it is you know, Mr. Moto Media.
CRF505
1/8/2012 6:20pm
I have been vocal on these boards about how much I hate the JT gear, BUT last nights black/flo orange was by far the best colorway I've seen from JT.

That helmet still has to go though...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/8/2012 6:22pm
MotoChief wrote:
Maybe he was saying FU to Suzuki. Of course if you know something, why not let us know what it is you know, Mr. Moto Media.
It's not a matter of trying to feel superior, or whatever you think is going on.

The only thing I know is that at the MotoConcepts team intro, Chuck Sun said that JT Racing would have a cool surprise at A1. But feel free to make up whatever story suits you.
mxb2
1/8/2012 6:25pm
MotoChief wrote:
GuyB wrote:
MotoChief wrote:
FU to suzuki? Why would he ride one if that's the case
Xeno
1/8/2012 6:36pm
I think the orange/black colorway is awesome!
What I especiall like is the flat black with orange on the helmet.
I know the JT dudes read/post here, so here's an official "+1". Their gear stood out from the crowd.
ocscottie
1/8/2012 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2012 6:46pm
Matthes just posted this pic, guess we have the same memory or somthin?

Burnworth in 1986 on the left (I hope to god you already knew that by the way) and Alessi on the right from Anaheim. Freaky comparison! Photo on left courtesy of Scott Burnworth and on the right is James Lissimore.
ocscottie
1/8/2012 6:47pm
*and Mikey tweeted earlier that brighter colors are coming soon.
Xeno
1/8/2012 6:52pm
So Mikey's not wearing EKS Brand goggles?
MotoChief
1/8/2012 7:01pm
GuyB wrote:
MotoChief wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
That was a sarcastic response to Mr. Moto Media. He posted that maybe JT made him wear the gear , insinuating that he knew something we didn't. I was simply being a smart ass.

And if you want to say FU to the manufacturer of the bike you are riding, what better way than to wear a competitors colors? Maybe they said screw you 800, we are not going to support you with awesome parts this year.
1/8/2012 7:04pm
MotoChief wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
MotoChief wrote:
That was a sarcastic response to Mr. Moto Media. He posted that maybe JT made him wear the gear , insinuating that he knew something we...
That was a sarcastic response to Mr. Moto Media. He posted that maybe JT made him wear the gear , insinuating that he knew something we didn't. I was simply being a smart ass.

And if you want to say FU to the manufacturer of the bike you are riding, what better way than to wear a competitors colors? Maybe they said screw you 800, we are not going to support you with awesome parts this year.
But all the JT riders were wearing orange.
MotoChief
1/8/2012 7:06pm
mxb2 wrote:
MotoChief wrote:
That was a sarcastic response to Mr. Moto Media. He posted that maybe JT made him wear the gear , insinuating that he knew something we...

But all the JT riders were wearing orange.
If all you Media Darlings know something, spill it. Otherwise, let the minions wonder, presume and speculate without interference.
Deetsmx
1/9/2012 10:00am
I thought the gear stood out well, even on the other guys, from the stands. It's easy to spot from a distance and looks good with the contrasting colors. The motoconcept bikes are a little busy for my tastes.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/9/2012 10:42am
MotoChief wrote:

I wasn't insinuating anything. And my name's not Mr. Moto Media any more than yours is Lowering Someone's IQ Every Time I'm Replied To.

When I said Mike may not have had the choice, all I was referring to was the concept of team gear, or a team look. Do you think the Pro Circuit guys had a choice of which gear to wear last weekend? The GEICO honda guys? TLD? It's the same deal at MotoConcepts. The riders wear what the gear manufacturers provide. At A1 it was the black/orange JT Racing gear for the entire MotoConcepts team.
MotoChief
1/9/2012 11:04am
GuyB wrote:
I wasn't insinuating anything. And my name's not Mr. Moto Media any more than yours is Lowering Someone's IQ Every Time I'm Replied To. When I...
I wasn't insinuating anything. And my name's not Mr. Moto Media any more than yours is Lowering Someone's IQ Every Time I'm Replied To.

When I said Mike may not have had the choice, all I was referring to was the concept of team gear, or a team look. Do you think the Pro Circuit guys had a choice of which gear to wear last weekend? The GEICO honda guys? TLD? It's the same deal at MotoConcepts. The riders wear what the gear manufacturers provide. At A1 it was the black/orange JT Racing gear for the entire MotoConcepts team.
I understand what you are saying. Point taken.
jasonv43
1/9/2012 11:06am
MotoChief wrote:

GuyB wrote:
I wasn't insinuating anything. And my name's not Mr. Moto Media any more than yours is Lowering Someone's IQ Every Time I'm Replied To. When I...

Getting back to the bike though. I did not notice any Suzuki logo's on it??? Any reason for that or was that just part of the team concept being they have mixed bikes on the team.
mmcmx
1/9/2012 11:10am
I liked it too. Not a fan of the lid either. I immediatelli thougt about the AGV retro helmet.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/9/2012 11:54am
jasonv43 wrote:
Getting back to the bike though. I did not notice any Suzuki logo's on it??? Any reason for that or was that just part of the...
Getting back to the bike though. I did not notice any Suzuki logo's on it??? Any reason for that or was that just part of the team concept being they have mixed bikes on the team.
MotoConcepts prefers to call them an MCR 250 or MCR 450.
redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
1/9/2012 11:55am
MotoChief wrote:

GuyB wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:
Getting back to the bike though. I did not notice any Suzuki logo's on it??? Any reason for that or was that just part of the...
Because they are MCR450s and MCR250s, no factory support and contingency isn't worth it is what they said
Flatliner
1/9/2012 12:13pm
GuyB wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:
Because they are MCR450s and MCR250s, no factory support and contingency isn't worth it is what they said
Sure hope they have perfect bikes all year, suzuki isn't going to be offering them any help with that stance.

Post a reply to: Alessi's orange gear

The Latest