Alessi's first moto

SND
Edited Date/Time 7/22/2012 7:04am
I believe that that first moto today was the best moto I've seen him race in recent memory. He wasn't looking behind him like he normally does and he REALLY kept his composure with the fastest active 450 racer (Dungey) in the world breathing down his back for about 15-20 minutes. Great ride. I hope we see more of "This" Mike Alessi.
Great ride.
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
7/21/2012 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 6:03pm
For sure.
He seemed to really know where to go to protect his lines and not leave the door open when Dungey was putting the pressure on him.
Good racing tactics and he didn't fold under pressure.
level
7/21/2012 6:13pm
I was rooting for Alessi bad. My heart was pumping and I couldn't be more happy to see him hold Dungey off like he did.

He is not really getting much respect this year because a lot of the top riders are out but we forget he is beating Brayton, Short, Grant, and a lot of other great guys. It's just been him and Dungey.

Great ride and on a privateer bike no less.
Hando
7/21/2012 6:29pm
I see good things coming- once he gets his confidence back we will see the old MA800
7/21/2012 6:42pm
once he gets his confidence back the injured riders will be back. then it's maybe a top 5 here and there?? guys like Reed, Stewart and RV aren't as nice a RD. someone woulda parked him .

The Shop

brianfagan9
7/21/2012 6:52pm
I agree with 99. Even though Reed and Alessi are on good terms Reed, RV and Stewart would have moved him to say it politely.
BobbyM
7/21/2012 7:14pm
SND wrote:
I believe that that first moto today was the best moto I've seen him race in recent memory. He wasn't looking behind him like he normally...
I believe that that first moto today was the best moto I've seen him race in recent memory. He wasn't looking behind him like he normally does and he REALLY kept his composure with the fastest active 450 racer (Dungey) in the world breathing down his back for about 15-20 minutes. Great ride. I hope we see more of "This" Mike Alessi.
Great ride.
me too shawn..you must of given him a pep talk. Smile
ocscottie
7/21/2012 7:25pm
Coulda sworn i heard Bobby hootin and hollarin during moto 1 clear up here in NorCal Laughing
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
7/21/2012 9:54pm
That was an incredible ride!

Yes Dungey was faster, but Mike never faltered and held his lines under pressure for almost the entire race.

And every pro rider should use his first moto podium interview as an example on how to connect with fans, while still getting your sponsors the exposure they deserve.

No robot "I want to thank Monster Energy" crap, he really talked about his race, past issues, motivation, and gratitude.

Yet he still got his sponsors names mentioned. And I would bet that the people listening will recall his sponsors more than than the usual robot talk recital everytime...

He has really turned a tough situation (no 2012 factory ride), into a fresh start scenario and embraced that opportunity to become a fan favorite. Used to not really root for the guy, but now I am truly happy seeing him succeed.
mattbmx63
7/21/2012 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2012 11:55pm
Mike was more than impressive today. He showed a racer who appreciates what his hard work has given him. A lot of people give him and Tony crap, but they just want to win. They now have everything being done their way and it is working! Great job guys.

Racing in many forms is about strategy more than anything (NASCAR). Some might say he was a roadblock, it's more like he was protecting the lines and riding his own race. He did what was expected of someone in the lead. Second place couldn't get by, which means Dungey wasn't fast enough that race or was outsmarted by mike. Either way it was a fair win. At the least the fans got to see an epic battle and we got to see what happens when Dungey gets his focus tweaked a bit.

Mikes interviews are also great. Gives the fans what they want, makes sponsors happy and even manages to look into the camera. A far cry from standing on people's bikes!
7/21/2012 11:56pm
I wish he was MX only - SX seems to tear down his confidence (or his body) every year.

Post a reply to: Alessi's first moto

The Latest