Alessi's

88sdad
Edited Date/Time 3/27/2012 5:17pm
You gotta admit that Mike has never looked better than he has this year riding SX .

Tony and Mike back together and doing it their way and looking damn good doing it.

Can't wait till Hangtown.
|
500guy
3/23/2012 11:58am
MotoConcepts is looking pretty good for their choice.

And the best part is Tony is involved but we are not hearing any drama , Mike is doing decent , hopefully he will come alive Outdoors.
dboivin
3/23/2012 12:01pm
no offense but...

we are missing a lot of top riders....he would be lucky to break top 10 if we had some healthy racers. I have him picked for 5th in my fantasy this week....first time ever.
Asher
3/23/2012 12:04pm
dboivin wrote:
no offense but... we are missing a lot of top riders....he would be lucky to break top 10 if we had some healthy racers. I have...
no offense but...

we are missing a lot of top riders....he would be lucky to break top 10 if we had some healthy racers. I have him picked for 5th in my fantasy this week....first time ever.
buuuut thats the way racing is, got to be in it to win it.
500guy
3/23/2012 12:06pm
dboivin wrote:
no offense but... we are missing a lot of top riders....he would be lucky to break top 10 if we had some healthy racers. I have...
no offense but...

No offense but Your logic is Flawed, Mike has 8, 10th or better finishes in 11 rounds ,

The Shop

Titan1
3/23/2012 12:07pm
As I said in another thread, with 4 of the big 5 out....there is some serious podium opportunities available to guys that wouldn't otherwise get a sniff of the podium (like Alessi), and-as ocscottie pointed out-the bonus money that goes with it.

And on the drama, I think the Alessi's finally got a set up they can work with...a team that provides bikes, transportation, and a pit....and then gets out of the way and lets the Alessi's do it how they want to do it. Factory teams aren't so hands off, and that causes Drama with the dad.
Sherwood
3/23/2012 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2012 12:10pm
Minus the blatant track cutting at Daytona, trying to line up in the gate sideways, messing with Hansen during practice then running away and lying about it, taking out Tedesco then lying about it and a couple other things Tony and Mike have had a decent year.
dboivin
3/23/2012 12:19pm
dboivin wrote:
no offense but...

500guy wrote:
No offense but Your logic is Flawed, Mike has 8, 10th or better finishes in 11 rounds ,
don't disagree...canard went out early. been losing top guys ever since. look i'm not trying to bash Mike...he's just not great at supercross. I think its admirable that he fights for his positions and all but usually its for a lap or 2 and then he gets ate up by the podium guys. I would love to see him move up positions instead of going backwards.
lucero10x
3/23/2012 12:28pm
dboivin wrote:
no offense but...

500guy wrote:
dboivin wrote:
don't disagree...canard went out early. been losing top guys ever since. look i'm not trying to bash Mike...he's just not great at supercross. I think its...
don't disagree...canard went out early. been losing top guys ever since. look i'm not trying to bash Mike...he's just not great at supercross. I think its admirable that he fights for his positions and all but usually its for a lap or 2 and then he gets ate up by the podium guys. I would love to see him move up positions instead of going backwards.
then re-watch Daytona.
88sdad
3/23/2012 12:46pm
dboivin wrote:
don't disagree...canard went out early. been losing top guys ever since. look i'm not trying to bash Mike...he's just not great at supercross. I think its...
You're right, SX is not when Mike is at his best, but he has made major improvements. His confidence has got to be sky high going into the outdoors after this SX season.
fader418
3/23/2012 12:46pm
Both Alessis are doing good this year. I thought Mikey faded last weekend but I was glad to read that it was his bike. He might have made the podium....
dboivin
3/23/2012 12:51pm
lucero10x wrote:
then re-watch Daytona.
daytona isn't a typical supercross, its more moto-x than it is super-x. mike should win there.
lucero10x
3/23/2012 12:59pm
lucero10x wrote:
then re-watch Daytona.
dboivin wrote:
daytona isn't a typical supercross, its more moto-x than it is super-x. mike should win there.
Uh huh. Dry
3/23/2012 1:46pm
Sherwood wrote:
Minus the blatant track cutting at Daytona, trying to line up in the gate sideways, messing with Hansen during practice then running away and lying about...
Minus the blatant track cutting at Daytona, trying to line up in the gate sideways, messing with Hansen during practice then running away and lying about it, taking out Tedesco then lying about it and a couple other things Tony and Mike have had a decent year.
... And the Windham-accident in Indianapolis
level
3/23/2012 1:48pm
One thing that really derailed Mike in my opinion is that horrific crash on the KTM in the nationals last year. I think he would of been a pretty good contender. I was watching inside the outdoors and forgot how bad that was. He was running up front and looking great.
BobbyM
3/23/2012 2:55pm
88sdad wrote:
You gotta admit that Mike has never looked better than he has this year riding SX . Tony and Mike back together and doing it their...
You gotta admit that Mike has never looked better than he has this year riding SX .

Tony and Mike back together and doing it their way and looking damn good doing it.

can you imagine how good they'd be doing with DV at the helm,? Wink
kongols
3/23/2012 2:57pm
BobbyM wrote:
At least DV could explain him what`s coming if you take out K-dub.Whistling
ATKpilot99
3/23/2012 3:18pm
He looked great while leading last week then when he made that mistake and lost the lead it looked like he lost his rhythm. I think he looks great on the Suzuki and I can't wait to see him outdoors this year.
3/23/2012 4:04pm
BobbyM wrote:
kongols wrote:
Nice one kongols.

Congrats to mike, here is hoping for an even stronger push to the end of the series.

Mcr has had a nice improvement this season.
BobbyM
3/23/2012 5:26pm
BobbyM wrote:
kongols wrote:
hehehe
BobbyM
3/23/2012 5:27pm
dboivin wrote:
no offense but...

500guy wrote:
dboivin wrote:
mike and jeff both are pretty fucking good sx riders i think
sundios
3/23/2012 8:07pm
mike will be on the box in mx for sure! i hope he stays healthy! go mike!
fader418
3/23/2012 8:24pm
sundios wrote:
There is one thing that is for sure in motocross. Nothing is for sure!
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
3/23/2012 8:34pm
sundios wrote:
I don't see him beating Ryan/Ryan or a healthy Townley. But, I'd love him to prove me wrong!
fader418
3/23/2012 8:40pm
sundios wrote:
kevin204 wrote:
I don't see him beating Ryan/Ryan or a healthy Townley. But, I'd love him to prove me wrong!
lets not forget about Ice Trey! and James...oh wait...well at least Trey!
PressPassP
3/24/2012 2:31am
Great riders but for instance in Mike's case I don't think he's any better this year as a lot of good guys are not riding,maybe he will have a good outdoor season but yeah that smack on the head sure knocked his results,shame that KTM stint didn't work out for him,after superb rides at Hangtown and the USGP at Glen Helen on the 350l I thought he was onto the podium again
jtomasik
3/24/2012 2:53am
Titan1 wrote:
As I said in another thread, with 4 of the big 5 out....there is some serious podium opportunities available to guys that wouldn't otherwise get a...
As I said in another thread, with 4 of the big 5 out....there is some serious podium opportunities available to guys that wouldn't otherwise get a sniff of the podium (like Alessi), and-as ocscottie pointed out-the bonus money that goes with it.

And on the drama, I think the Alessi's finally got a set up they can work with...a team that provides bikes, transportation, and a pit....and then gets out of the way and lets the Alessi's do it how they want to do it. Factory teams aren't so hands off, and that causes Drama with the dad.
Dump half the field, and the Alessi's look pretty damn good.
gharmon
3/24/2012 6:02am
88sdad wrote:
You gotta admit that Mike has never looked better than he has this year riding SX . Tony and Mike back together and doing it their...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mike lead over half a SX race 2-3 years ago. He held Poto off for over half the race and didn't he finish on the podium that night? I believe this was Poto rookie year in big bikes? Maybe I'm wrong. I thought he rode fairly well that year on the Zook.
3/24/2012 7:20am
I've been a fan of Mike's for a number of years now, but what I can't understand is why he runs decent speed for a few laps after one of his holeshots and then gets passed by so many riders. I don't know if it was last week or the week before, but he got the holeshot and was riding great at the front. I was on my feet cheering for him, but as soon as he got passed by one guy, it became a steady stream moving right by. I know they train hard, I know they've been doing this for ages, so it's kinda hard to figure out. It would be great to see Mike get one of his patented holeshots and win one of these things one day. The only thing that makes it hard to cheer for the Alessis is that Bobby is such a ball-licker of theirs, they'd be better off around here without him in their corner.
dboivin
3/24/2012 7:54am
I've been a fan of Mike's for a number of years now, but what I can't understand is why he runs decent speed for a few...
I've been a fan of Mike's for a number of years now, but what I can't understand is why he runs decent speed for a few laps after one of his holeshots and then gets passed by so many riders. I don't know if it was last week or the week before, but he got the holeshot and was riding great at the front. I was on my feet cheering for him, but as soon as he got passed by one guy, it became a steady stream moving right by. I know they train hard, I know they've been doing this for ages, so it's kinda hard to figure out. It would be great to see Mike get one of his patented holeshots and win one of these things one day. The only thing that makes it hard to cheer for the Alessis is that Bobby is such a ball-licker of theirs, they'd be better off around here without him in their corner.
lol. and here i thought i was the only one.

Post a reply to: Alessi's

The Latest