Alessi headed to Europe

Crush
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:10pm
To work with Everts...

If he didn't listen to Roger D, what the hell is he gonna take from SteFUN?!?!

|
wreckitrandy
1/22/2010 6:22pm
Cause SE will take him to a sand track and flog him like a 'B' rider.
flarider
1/22/2010 6:23pm
Put Mike and Everts on a track like Lierop or Lommel for one hour and Mike will listen to Stefan

Once Mike catches up to him and regains his breath
1/22/2010 6:58pm
You listen to Roger D if you want to learn how to build a great race bike.

You listen to King Everts if you want to learn more about riding a great race bike.

Pretty simple.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
1/22/2010 7:00pm
You listen to Roger D if you want to learn how to build a great race bike. You listen to King Everts if you want to...

You listen to King Everts if you want to learn more about riding a great race bike.

Pretty simple.
Replace Roger D with Mitch Payton

The Shop

wreckitrandy
1/22/2010 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2010 7:20pm
Speaking of Mitch,,,, anyone ever notice the lack of drama inside his pit? No over bearing dads,,,,, No coming on here doing clean up,,,,,
Loose
1/22/2010 7:21pm
flarider wrote:
Put Mike and Everts on a track like Lierop or Lommel for one hour and Mike will listen to Stefan Once Mike catches up to him...
Put Mike and Everts on a track like Lierop or Lommel for one hour and Mike will listen to Stefan

Once Mike catches up to him and regains his breath
Exactly

This gig could go either way for Mike, I'm hoping it goes for the better and he rips in the GP's he is running and comes back to the US fast, fit and healthy.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
1/22/2010 7:26pm
Speaking of Mitch,,,, anyone ever notice the lack of drama inside his pit? No over bearing dads,,,,, No coming on here doing clean up,,,,,
Mitch would kick some ass if anything like that happened in his pits.
MX479Guy
1/22/2010 8:49pm
Humility may just help Mike become a Champion.

He's gonna have to listen and pay attention to Everts, and he could rule the roost in Europe.
HuskyEd
1/22/2010 10:09pm
If Stefan can help Mike with his speed in the whoops he can be a real threat!
andymoto
1/22/2010 10:50pm
HuskyEd wrote:
X2.
1/22/2010 10:55pm
HuskyEd wrote:
has anyone ever seen SE ride whoops tho? an no reason to really work on them if Alessi is only riding outdoors you know.....
toby lawes
1/22/2010 11:02pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Good Luck Mikey...
i used to race with dad. tony was fast !! on 80s any ways!!
edub
1/22/2010 11:05pm
KTM Factory Teams with the Motocrosser Cairoli, Nagl, Goncalves, Musquin, Simpson, Herlings, Alessi and the Offroader have a collective training session in Spain at the MX School of Harry Everts, father of S72, as a preparation for the MX season 2010

Start of the european MX season is the Mantova Starcross on 6/7 February

edub
mumhra
1/22/2010 11:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:16pm
You listen to Roger D if you want to learn how to build a great race bike. You listen to King Everts if you want to...

Pretty simple.
mmmm... i think you are wrong there.

About 2 years ago Everts asked KTM if they would let him develop an all new KTM. A bike that according to him was going to be the best bike ever. KTM let him and the first prototype was ready in april last year. Everts started riding it and changing things. And... yep, it's ready. It goes on sale in june of this year. Only 72 bikes will come to Belgium.

It's a KTM 350 cc 4-stroke, with linkage. Rui Goncalves will ride the MX-1 world championship with that bike. Tony Cairoli is still testing out this 350 against the KTM 450. He hasn't decided yet which bike he will use.

Anyway.. some pics...

(pics taken from http://www.motocrossmag.nl)
Robgvx
1/23/2010 1:15am
All I can see in this thread is respect and humility from Americans towards European racing.

I never really understand how the AMA/FIM mud slinging starts.
mumhra
1/23/2010 1:30am
Me neither Rob. The mud slinging is stupid. There is talent on both sides of the pool. Some things are better on one side, other things on the other side. But i am a fan of both series. Both AMA and FIM are fantastic if you ask me.
FlaNard
1/23/2010 1:50am
Good like Mike. Riding with one of the best ever can only help him.
mccread
1/23/2010 3:47am
I have spoken to people who have trained with Everts down in Spain and everyone of them says it helped alot with their riding, training and their mental apprach to racing. If Mike is ever going to become a champion being with Everts for the next few months will do it. And yes, not listening to De Coster is crazy but if he doesn't listen to Everts, Stefan will just get on a bike and pass Mike ... then he will have no option lol
hairy
1/23/2010 4:19am
Mikey and Tony's problem on both sides of the pond has always been that they talk too much, and appear to talk too much without listening to either themselves or those forced to listen. When they came over to Europe in 05 the rest of the KTM team hated their guts before the race even started, simply because of the mouth - it's what we Europeans unfortunately pass off as "typical loud-mouth Yank" - and that appears to happen everywhere.

When I spoke to Mikey at the Nations in Italy he appeared to be genuinely attempting to come to terms with this "problem", and I hope he suceeds, but I just wonder if he can keep it up when stressed.

And perhaps even Tony has caught on, because at least on the day after the contract was signed he was keeping a low profile by not entering the KTM awning. Keeping itz going is the problem.
jndmx
1/23/2010 4:41am
When I spoke to Mikey at the Nations in Italy he appeared to be genuinely attempting to come to terms with this "problem", and I hope he suceeds, but I just wonder if he can keep it up when stressed.

Was this casual conversation or did you interview him?
I'd be interested to read/listen to that if it was available.

As far as Mikey goes working with someone like Everts can only be a good thing.
Good luck Mike.
hairy
1/23/2010 5:00am
jndmx wrote:
[i][b]When I spoke to Mikey at the Nations in Italy he appeared to be genuinely attempting to come to terms with this "problem", and I hope...

Was this casual conversation or did you interview him?
I'd be interested to read/listen to that if it was available.

As far as Mikey goes working with someone like Everts can only be a good thing.
Good luck Mike.
it was both ... with no dictaphone up the nose. No stress, I could even let Mikey quickly amend his first faux-pas. But can he keep it up when the heat is on, because too many people are always on his case. Remember Sorby and Boniface giving him shit at Bercy a few years back ? Mikey gets the blame even when it's not his fault, but too many people turn off the sound just because it's him and the Alessis have a reputation for giving it too much mouth.

burnside
1/23/2010 5:11am
If this goes tits up really could be nails in the coffin for Mikes reputation. Don't take your pops!
1/23/2010 5:26am
edub wrote:
KTM Factory Teams with the Motocrosser Cairoli, Nagl, Goncalves, Musquin, Simpson, Herlings, Alessi and the Offroader have a collective training session in Spain at the MX...
KTM Factory Teams with the Motocrosser Cairoli, Nagl, Goncalves, Musquin, Simpson, Herlings, Alessi and the Offroader have a collective training session in Spain at the MX School of Harry Everts, father of S72, as a preparation for the MX season 2010

Start of the european MX season is the Mantova Starcross on 6/7 February

edub
agree flarider ,
very cool edub, a Everts /KTM mx boot camp with some of the top riders from europe and the usa.
thanx for the pictures mumhra,
and good luck to M.Alessi and all of them
mccread
1/23/2010 5:34am
The thing is it's not just Stefan who does the coaching it is Harry Everts too. thats 14 World titles... and he will be riding with Cairoli who had 3 World titles and Musqun who has 1 - thats a total of 18 World titles! Mike wants it really bad if he listens and learns from all these guys he will get better and find the missing link, and from what he told me at the nations that is what he is focusing on.
1/23/2010 5:45am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:16pm
mccread wrote:
The thing is it's not just Stefan who does the coaching it is Harry Everts too. thats 14 World titles... and he will be riding with...
The thing is it's not just Stefan who does the coaching it is Harry Everts too. thats 14 World titles... and he will be riding with Cairoli who had 3 World titles and Musqun who has 1 - thats a total of 18 World titles! Mike wants it really bad if he listens and learns from all these guys he will get better and find the missing link, and from what he told me at the nations that is what he is focusing on.
pretty cool 18 world titles wow, staggering #,
ive been an everts fan , harry and stefan for yrs,
over at www.s72.com they have alot of pictures of stefan from 88 till he retired
mxwrench66
1/23/2010 6:05am
I guess spain is the only place in europe where the weather is good enough for riding. That's where me and jimmy are. The Marbella coast is very beautiful. John Van Den Berk does a killer job teaching the riders here. I can't wait for racing to start. Starcross in only two weeks!!

Post a reply to: Alessi headed to Europe

The Latest