Alessi gets 'Alessied' by Wilson - Unseen Video

MCRacing
Edited Date/Time 3/18/2014 5:23pm
Some insight into what happens on the track and off the track at the races that people aren't aware of. This is a video of Dean Wilson and Mike Alessi that was taken during the end of last night's main event that didn't get televised. It's a very similar intentional/unintentional t-bone of those we've seen lately.

The video and complaint were presented to AMA immediately following the race and the powers that be at AMA refused to give consideration to the incident in terms of negligence. Is it right for such similar situations that have recently occurred (Alessi/Tickle, Stewart/Barcia) and many more in the past, be handled so differently? It is our belief a fair and objective perspective from fans, teams and AMA is critical to the growth if this sport.

|
3/16/2014 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 3:05pm
Holeshot! In before the dumbgeon, #FreeAlessi...that was a racing incident.
jeffro503
3/16/2014 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 3:08pm
Very true indeed. BUT.....is there anything that may of happened right before that video was taken? On the MA / BT incident , the race was clean and BT made an extremely clean pass on Mike the corner before.....but Mike just cleaned him out in the very next corner. A lot of the times when something like this happens......s"Something else " lead up to it. Just my opinion anyways.

BTW though......whatever you guys have been doing with Mike over the past 3 - 4 weeks.......KEEP doing it! This is the fastest I've ever seen Mike ride indoors.....so whatever you are doing it seems to be working. Happy for Mike in that way.
davistld01
3/16/2014 3:11pm
My question is the same as Jeff's. What happened two turns before this one? Looks like a racing incident to me...unless it was a payback from something that happened prior.

Not standing up for the AMA or Wilson...but Wilson doesn't really have a history of torpedoing other riders.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
3/16/2014 3:15pm
Appears to be an accident just like the Alessi / Tickle incident. Probably was just trying to scare him. In fact, if you look closely he even turns his front wheel.

The Shop

dantheman
3/16/2014 3:16pm
Team delusional, good luck in the CMRC this summer. We won't miss the drama.
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/16/2014 3:18pm
Is Mikes left knee ok? Looked like it twisted very awkwardly.
MCRacing
3/16/2014 3:18pm
davistld01 wrote:
My question is the same as Jeff's. What happened two turns before this one? Looks like a racing incident to me...unless it was a payback from...
My question is the same as Jeff's. What happened two turns before this one? Looks like a racing incident to me...unless it was a payback from something that happened prior.

Not standing up for the AMA or Wilson...but Wilson doesn't really have a history of torpedoing other riders.
Great point about Wilson not having a history of torpedoing....neither does Alessi.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
3/16/2014 3:21pm
MCRacing wrote:
Great point about Wilson not having a history of torpedoing....neither does Alessi.
mxgreg85
3/16/2014 3:22pm
Dean tries to go inside a little hot, Mike already outside sees it at the last minute, tries to turn inside to take the line away. The attempt to compare that to Mike aiming and popping clutch at Tickle solidifies my opinion of this family in racing. Believe the hype..
3/16/2014 3:27pm
if you frame by frame evey other second or so you can see that Mike had already begun making his turn when Wilson landed. Cutting from outside to inside. Mike had commited to the inside line exiting that turn and by the time Wilson actually hit him, Mike had completely pinched off any route for Wilson to take. Just an incident. Sux Mike got hit, but it looks like it was unavoidable on deans part. His ony option would have been to check up on the brake as he was landing and put huimself in a dangerous position by doing so. If this was a turn after a whoop pad? I could see your argument - but only because the speeds would have been easier to control on Wilsons part. Mike zig'd and Wilson had nowhere to zag.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
3/16/2014 3:28pm
Alessi is looking right at Wilson and did nothing about it Blink
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
3/16/2014 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 3:30pm
davistld01 wrote:
My question is the same as Jeff's. What happened two turns before this one? Looks like a racing incident to me...unless it was a payback from...

MCRacing wrote:
You just threw the chum in the water.. Here come the haters!
dantheman
3/16/2014 3:28pm
mxgreg85 wrote:
Dean tries to go inside a little hot, Mike already outside sees it at the last minute, tries to turn inside to take the line away...
Dean tries to go inside a little hot, Mike already outside sees it at the last minute, tries to turn inside to take the line away. The attempt to compare that to Mike aiming and popping clutch at Tickle solidifies my opinion of this family in racing. Believe the hype..
I saw the same thing but I must admit, I wonder if in "real time" it looks different. But comparing that to the MA/BT move... only a nut job would go there.
JonnyDH84
3/16/2014 3:29pm
Why would you try to justify mikes takeout by putting this vid up just let it go already mike had a brainfart he apologised it was a dumb move everyone will get over it without you trying to claim every rider does it.
Crush
3/16/2014 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 3:39pm
I will say it looks like Deano is landing from a pretty hard jump on the inside on a slick surface so it might have been harder to bind up, Mike was already cutting down. Frame by frame it's hard to really tell, especially with no reference as to the section before.

Regardless, if I was running your ship, i'd be keeping quiet and letting the results do the talking. Any drama from any angle at this point ISN'T a good thing. Just keep quiet, keep improving and keep the incidents away–That includes posting shit like this.

Just don't. You're not gonna make fans here.
davistld01
3/16/2014 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 3:40pm
davistld01 wrote:

MCRacing wrote:
Not until he jammed Tickle...and admitted doing so. You guys just can't let the drama end can you?
hvaughn88
3/16/2014 3:38pm
Not to bag on y'all too much, but posting this kind of shit is so much of the reason people get so pissed off at y'all and don't want to have your backs. Lets be real here, mike/tony/Jeff have all done some pretty dumb shit in the past. I'm not gonna cast stones because we all have done dumb shit...we're human, it happens. But the difference is, instead of taking your lumps and owning up to it, y'all deny deny deny, point fingers, place blame else where And post up videos of another rider running it in on mike. I mean what are you trying to accomplish here? Showing a video of mike getting hit doesn't change what he did to tickle. A word of advice, people would have a lot more respect for y'all and probably cut you some slack if you would just own your mistakes and move on.
mxjeff575
3/16/2014 3:45pm
davistld01 wrote:

MCRacing wrote:
What I don't understand about the Alessi/Tickle incident, is it sure looked to my like Mike was on the brakes, and then hit the gas hard and hit Tickle dead perpendicular. Maybe I'm a "hater" and a "stupid fan"....but jeez....it looked nothing like the video above to me. Had Tickle not been there to stop Alessi's full throttle 450, who knows where Alessi would have landed. Strange.
Frog #1
3/16/2014 3:47pm
Dirty move, no way around it! I thought Dean was a little smarter then that?
davistld01
3/16/2014 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 3:51pm
No reply from MCRacing? Hmmmmm...
Josh422
3/16/2014 3:56pm
MCRacing wrote:
Some insight into what happens on the track and off the track at the races that people aren't aware of. This is a video of Dean...
Some insight into what happens on the track and off the track at the races that people aren't aware of. This is a video of Dean Wilson and Mike Alessi that was taken during the end of last night's main event that didn't get televised. It's a very similar intentional/unintentional t-bone of those we've seen lately.

The video and complaint were presented to AMA immediately following the race and the powers that be at AMA refused to give consideration to the incident in terms of negligence. Is it right for such similar situations that have recently occurred (Alessi/Tickle, Stewart/Barcia) and many more in the past, be handled so differently? It is our belief a fair and objective perspective from fans, teams and AMA is critical to the growth if this sport.

This is extremely unprofessional... You guys need a new PR person.
c_dub
3/16/2014 4:02pm
Where's the facepalm emote when you need it?
davistld01
3/16/2014 4:09pm
c_dub wrote:
Where's the facepalm emote when you need it?
Will this do?

bryan
3/16/2014 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2014 4:26pm
I like that MCR used the term "Alessied".
3/16/2014 4:22pm
I think its just karma getting alessi back. It didnt look nearly as bad as what he did to tickle! Yea it was dirty, but if thats dirty , what do u call what he did to tickle?
steve_97060
3/16/2014 4:22pm
MCRacing wrote:
Some insight into what happens on the track and off the track at the races that people aren't aware of. This is a video of Dean...

Josh422 wrote:
This is extremely unprofessional... You guys need a new PR person.
yeah, I can't see how posting this could result in anything positive...

with the possible exception of coining a new term, "Alessied"...
Ing
3/16/2014 4:24pm
Just the fact that MCR used the word "Alessi'd" means that he has a reputation to go along with the word. In this case, Alessi'd and torpedoed are the same thing.

Post a reply to: Alessi gets 'Alessied' by Wilson - Unseen Video

The Latest