btn
btn
1 of 3
Related:
Create New Tag
jaeckle jaeckle
5/23/2010 10:35 PM

Lets rally around Mike this week. He is the only top American racing the USGP. That speaks volumes to old fucks like me. Do us proud Mike.

Mutt Mutt
5/23/2010 10:36 PM

"Great White"? Are you referring to Mikey's choice of eyewear?

I remain unperturbed by the joy and the madness, I encounter everywhere I turn.

Team Euro Team Euro
5/23/2010 10:43 PM

Mike has already made you proud by just having the balls to attempt riding a GP again, He should be competitive on a track he has wired but no matter , he`s a winner by stepping up to the task...

PD441 PD441
5/23/2010 10:52 PM

Let's not forget Ryan Hughes, Zach Osborne and I think Jimmy Albertson. Probably others, too.

The PD441 of Motodrive

jaeckle jaeckle
5/23/2010 10:57 PM
PD441 wrote:

Let's not forget Ryan ...more

Oh yeah forgot about Ryno. He is truly one of our top riders. lol

bullpen58 bullpen58
5/23/2010 11:00 PM

When is this USGP you speak of? Forgive me for not caring enough to keep up with it. Is it this weekend?

Team Euro Team Euro
5/23/2010 11:01 PM

Zach and Jimmy ride the GP`s already, they have stepped up and left the "comfort zone". They are returning to thier home nation for 1 race in the schedule and on to France next week..cool huh!!

jaeckle jaeckle
5/23/2010 11:11 PM
bullpen58 wrote:

When is this USGP you ...more

The term "first american" is back. Or maybe it should be called "only american"? No hard feelings. The USA motocross comunity does not want a World Motocross Grand Prix round. Thats cool. At least we will see 180 minutes of hd vid live feed with audio unlike the joke of the opening round of the us nats.

PD441 PD441
5/23/2010 11:25 PM
PD441 wrote:

Let's not forget Ryan ...more

jaeckle wrote:

Oh yeah forgot about Ryno. ...more

The PD441 of Motodrive

Gunther Gunther
5/24/2010 2:11 AM

Albertson will not ride he's injured ( shoulder)

FlaNard FlaNard
5/24/2010 2:20 AM

Hope Mike does well, but to be honest I just dont care. He wont go balls out with a National title still at stake, and nobody else wants to ride it because they would rather win an AMA title then chance getting hurt to win a race they wont make a point or dime on. Id be happy if Mike went out and tried to win it, but I think he will ride in his comfort zone and give the Euro's a lot of shit to talk.

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

mx.jah mx.jah
5/24/2010 3:30 AM

Alessi at Glen helen he's favorites, hands down.

Cairoli beating him would be like Alessi winning a GP at Faenza or Mantova.

Shocker Shocker
5/24/2010 4:12 AM

I don't want to sound like an old fart but man have times changed... I could remember going to Undadila as a kid and there was never a shortage of American riders more than willing to liine up against the worlds best. Hannah, Magoo, Lechein, DB, Glover, Barnet, etc. etc. were all USGP regulars.

More money to lose?
Less pride?
Lack of team commitment?

Who knows, but long gone are Morocross' hay day. The action and riders are still awesome, just some things will never be what they were.

jamma10 jamma10
5/24/2010 4:15 AM

Its a good job Alessi's not short of self confidence, come Sunday morning there's gonna be a alot of US expectation on his shoulders.

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

Alex Alex
5/24/2010 4:24 AM

from MXlarge -

Jimmy sent me a message on my facebook saying "I'm in", which is great news for the American fans as Albertson has a lot of experience at Glen Helen and will hopefully show his real form.

Sunhouse Sunhouse
5/24/2010 4:28 AM

For the sake of the GP´s I hope a GP rider wins, but I´m really happy that Alessi steps up, when the rest think about money.... Oh wait, they race local races at GH? Damn, must be affarid to have their reputation tainted.

brokenman brokenman
5/24/2010 4:55 AM

800 is stupid...if he is america's hope that is fine, but please don't give him a microphone!!! he makes us look stupid if he represents us...

Sunhouse Sunhouse
5/24/2010 5:06 AM

I prefer Alessi having an opinion to "yeah, you know, sponsors sponsors, not really answering you question at all, you know sponsors, bad vocabulary, sponsors, you know?"

FlaNard FlaNard
5/24/2010 1:44 PM
Sunhouse wrote:

For the sake of the GPs I ...more

Yeah and they race at about 70% at local races. They wouldnt race a GP at 70%. But I think Mike doing it is more about KTM then him. He will go for the win if he is in the position for it, but he wont go for broke when the race pays no points or money. He has a title on the line right now and going for broke to prove a point can wait for the MXDN. When we are bringing guys out of retirement to race it you can see how little it means to anyone over here. If it was at a different time of the season yeah, but not one race into the nationals. So we get Ryno and other retired guys to race against the best the GP's have to offer. Wonder how that will go?

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

BobbyM BobbyM
5/24/2010 1:52 PM

it appears that mike alessi will be "blowing the doors" off the competition this weekend.

i had my doubts about the lack off cc's in that ktm 350 but after seeing it run at hangtown it is in no way down on power or acceleration. it is still swapping quite a bit on the braking bumps but the team should fix that soon enough so look out!

pie8man pie8man
5/24/2010 2:02 PM

I'm confused how a professional MX racer does not race to win. Alessi will be just as motivated to wax the competition as he is every other weekend of the year. If it is part of his KTM deal he is being paid to be there. Go Alessi Go!!!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards."

Outsider Outsider
5/24/2010 2:05 PM

I will be cheering for Alessi this weekend.

lucero10x lucero10x
5/24/2010 2:05 PM

Psyched, I will be cheering him and all our boys on. I have to go, When else am I gonna be able to take my travel trailer to a gp?

Utrider Utrider
5/24/2010 2:14 PM

I dig Alessi, and the 350 looks like a great move.......so far. I think Ricky Dietrich is being overlooked here, KX450, great condition and speed, I just think he may surprise a lot of people.

lucero10x lucero10x
5/24/2010 2:25 PM
Utrider wrote:

I dig Alessi, and the 350 ...more

All sorts of euros are gonna be pissed when an off road guy runs top ten.

uk125250 uk125250
5/24/2010 2:30 PM

Time for USA to take its rightful place as the greatest country on Earth. We've stumbled a bit lately, but we will prevail again.

Gardner37 Gardner37
5/24/2010 2:34 PM

I'm sure MA and TC get the same win bonus from KTM if they win the GP.

pie8man pie8man
5/24/2010 2:58 PM

I'll bet Dietrich does better than top 10.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards."

RandoShadow RandoShadow
5/24/2010 3:10 PM

is Alessi going to be riding his AMA bike or is he going to get a works 350 like Caroli?

TheCynic82 TheCynic82
5/24/2010 3:12 PM
Utrider wrote:

I dig Alessi, and the 350 ...more

lucero10x wrote:

All sorts of euros are ...more

he run top ten on a national too i believe.. or maybe top 6..
STFU

btn
btn
1 of 3

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry