Alessi/KTM talk

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2007 7:11 PM

It is getting so old hearing all this talk about KTM having inferior equipment and Alessi struggling because of it. Not only that, there is no way in hell he goes from 7-10th to podium because of a shock from Europe. He said himself in Racer X today, he was struggling since Vegas and was not as preparred. Put everything together, more training, more testing and a little more confidence, that equals the podium. All these fools acting like some magic shock saved the day, yea right, get a clue. Some of these internet jack$%%es have no clue about bikes, they just like to hear themselves type. That bike is just as competitive as anything else out there, with or without linkage.

|

7/2/2007 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 5:54 PM

I agree with you. It's been quite ridiculous reading all that shit. Personally I cannot see any reason why KTM would not give Alessi this \"magic\" shock... why the hell not? I think lack of confidence has probably been the main reason for his struggling. Maybe the \"magic\" shock had more of a placebo effect to his confidence than actually improving the bike?

Post edited by: mpy, at: 7/3/2007 6:09 AM

|

7/2/2007 8:47 PM

mpy wrote:

I agree with you. It's been quite ridiculous reading all that shit. Personally I cannot see any reason why KTM would not give Alessi this \"magic\" shock... why the hell not? I think lack of confidence has probably been the main reason for his struggling. Maybe the \"magic\" shock had more of a placebo effect to his confidence than actually improving the bike?

are you kidding, if he had a Pro Circuit bike, he would be a championion, the KTM is holding him back. Only joking of course. The shock might have helped a little, but gaining confidence is huge along with gaining fitness and strength. Both of which he said he was lacking since Vegas crash. From the horse's mouth. As far as him catching Bubba if there was one more lap........yea right

|

7/3/2007 4:52 PM

mpy wrote:

eurohero wrote:

are you kidding, if he had a Pro Circuit bike, he would be a championion, the KTM is holding him back. Only joking of course. The shock might have helped a little, but gaining confidence is huge along with gaining fitness and strength. Both of which he said he was lacking since Vegas crash. From the horse's mouth. As far as him catching Bubba if there was one more lap........yea right

Well, I for one, can't wait to see what he can do at his home track (Glen Helen). If there is any race this year for MA, to win, it would have to be at Glen Helen.

As for the shock therapy...hmmm...I would think that KTM, would want the best available, for their star pupil.

Mike Alessi, raced in one of my races, and for some reason, seemed to just slaughter me, and I have been racing for 42 years...I should be much faster...huh ? !!!

|

7/22/2007 8:26 PM

mpy wrote:

eurohero wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

Well, I for one, can't wait to see what he can do at his home track (Glen Helen). If there is any race this year for MA, to win, it would have to be at Glen Helen.

As for the shock therapy...hmmm...I would think that KTM, would want the best available, for their star pupil.

Mike Alessi, raced in one of my races, and for some reason, seemed to just slaughter me, and I have been racing for 42 years...I should be much faster...huh ? !!!

he`s just finally growing up . Better late than never cool

|

7/23/2007 12:48 PM

eurohero wrote:
It is getting so old hearing all this talk about KTM having inferior equipment and Alessi struggling because of it. Not only that, there is no way in hell he goes from 7-10th to podium because of a shock from Europe. He said himself in Racer X today, he was struggling since Vegas and was not as preparred. Put everything together, more training, more testing and a little more confidence, that equals the podium. All these fools acting like some magic shock saved the day, yea right, get a clue. Some of these internet jack$%%es have no clue about bikes, they just like to hear themselves type. That bike is just as competitive as anything else out there, with or without linkage.

I have to disagree eurohero. Stock vs. stock the bikes are all very close. However when it comes to comparing factory bikes KTM is not quite up to the same level, but the gap is obviously smaller now that they have improved the rear shock for the factory 450 team. The suspension is the biggest difference, especially when trying to dial in that WP without a linkage.

We all saw the giant jump in the results after Mike and Jeff finally got the works GP shock. Of course it wasn't some sort of magic shock, but it certainly worked much better and this gave both of them a big boost in increased confidence for the entire moto. I have based my opinion on most of this just from watching the factory bikes all these years, however I do have a little inside information on this shock.

btw- Did you hear Mike say thanks to me on the podium this past weekend at Thunder Valley? cool
|

7/24/2007 6:33 PM

ProMed wrote: eurohero wrote:

I have to disagree eurohero. Stock vs. stock the bikes are all very close. However when it comes to comparing factory bikes KTM is not quite up to the same level, but the gap is obviously smaller now that they have improved the rear shock for the factory 450 team. The suspension is the biggest difference, especially when trying to dial in that WP without a linkage.

We all saw the giant jump in the results after Mike and Jeff finally got the works GP shock. Of course it wasn't some sort of magic shock, but it certainly worked much better and this gave both of them a big boost in increased confidence for the entire moto. I have based my opinion on most of this just from watching the factory bikes all these years, however I do have a little inside information on this shock.

btw- Did you hear Mike say thanks to me on the podium this past weekend at Thunder Valley? cool

We'll see how well he does on the Factory Suzuki, next year. I think has a long way to go, as far as maturing. I feel he will only get faster !

|

7/24/2007 8:56 PM

Well, apparently you disagree with Alessi as he stated in Racer x that he was not as preparred coming into outdoors as he would have liked along with being limited from his most recent crash before outdoors. This coming directly from him as well as a lack of confidence. He raised his fitness, got 100% healthy and got some new suspension and now....better results. This new shock would not have made a difference at hangtown or the next few races, but you go ahead and think that.

|

7/25/2007 10:08 PM

eurohero wrote:

Well, apparently you disagree with Alessi as he stated in Racer x that he was not as preparred coming into outdoors as he would have liked along with being limited from his most recent crash before outdoors. This coming directly from him as well as a lack of confidence. He raised his fitness, got 100% healthy and got some new suspension and now....better results. This new shock would not have made a difference at hangtown or the next few races, but you go ahead and think that.

What ? (if you are making the comment to me)

The shock would have absolutely made a difference (at Hangtown & other races) no matter how your conditioning is !!!

If a bike works better you will ride better bottom line. Who cares how you feel. I have been racing for 42 years, and at least twice a month, for the last 31 years, I know when I am not 100% a motorcycle that is better prepared, will make me ride better.

I have won several championships, and endurance races because of having a machine that is better prepared.
1997 Open class champion,
1999 World Adult mini champion,
1999 24 hour GP 1st 125cc Expert,
2003 World endurance champion. six, 12, & 24 hour GPs
2004 24 hour GP 1st 40+ Expert.

I know hands down what makes the difference. I won all these events, not by being a faster rider, but being more prepared. Alessi is fast, he will get faster, and the Factory Suzuki, will make the difference.

|

7/25/2007 11:13 PM

eurohero wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

The shock would have absolutely made a difference (at Hangtown & other races) no matter how your conditioning is !!!

If a bike works better you will ride better bottom line. Who cares how you feel. I have been racing for 42 years, and at least twice a month, for the last 31 years, I know when I am not 100% a motorcycle that is better prepared, will make me ride better.

I have won several championships, and endurance races because of having a machine that is better prepared.

I know hands down what makes the difference. I won all these events, not by being a faster rider, but being more prepared. Alessi is fast, he will get faster, and the Factory Suzuki, will make the difference.

i agree, i think a change of pace and new work suzuki will do mike wonders, and i dont think it would be just the bike, a more experienced team will be his best learning opportunity. he put himself in a good position to get alot of offers at this point too. looking forward to see what happens...

|

work it!

7/26/2007 6:12 AM

eurohero wrote:

Mike Bierman wrote:

TimbuK758 wrote:

i agree, i think a change of pace and new work suzuki will do mike wonders, and i dont think it would be just the bike, a more experienced team will be his best learning opportunity. he put himself in a good position to get alot of offers at this point too. looking forward to see what happens...

Has everybody forgotten about KTM mounted Townley at the '05 MXoN?

He was 450cc KTM mounted and ran with the \"BIG BOYs\" on their Jap bikes for the whole race. The shocks aren't the problem, it's getting the feedback needed to improve the setup. Good feedback is VITAL (pardon the pun) and good engineers are worth their weight especially this industry.

KTM USA looks to have improved with both in recent times!

The phobia that if it's not Japanese it can't win, was nearly disproved last weekend. Come on wake up... If Stewart was on one don't you think he'd still be in with a chance of winning? McGrath was the only BIG NAME to ever ride a Kato and he didn't ride long enough to help develop it.

All I can say is that MDK has their work cut out. Buying riders with no PDS experience won't help early in their '08 program.

|

7/27/2007 6:39 PM

Mike Bierman wrote:

TimbuK758 wrote:

iKapture wrote:

Has everybody forgotten about KTM mounted Townley at the '05 MXoN?

He was 450cc KTM mounted and ran with the \"BIG BOYs\" on their Jap bikes for the whole race. The shocks aren't the problem, it's getting the feedback needed to improve the setup. Good feedback is VITAL (pardon the pun) and good engineers are worth their weight especially this industry.

KTM USA looks to have improved with both in recent times!

The phobia that if it's not Japanese it can't win, was nearly disproved last weekend. Come on wake up... If Stewart was on one don't you think he'd still be in with a chance of winning? McGrath was the only BIG NAME to ever ride a Kato and he didn't ride long enough to help develop it.

All I can say is that MDK has their work cut out. Buying riders with no PDS experience won't help early in their '08 program.

Mike, reply was to Pro, not you. Nice credentials, but they were never in question. If Alessi was not 100% at hangtown, then this shock or anything else would not have mattered. Race 1-the bike and the rider were not right. Race 6 the bike and the rider WERE right. Everything in between, we will never know. I tend to believe a rider that states in an interview, that he was not 100% to start the season, that was my whole point. Mike, you previous reply, \"shock therapy hmmmmm\" seems like we are similar in opinion. Pro on the other hand says without question, it's the shock. Hmmmm. Has he ever been into a set of works suspension? Has he ever ridden with works suspension? Was any of it WP stuff? From this era of bike? I think we know the answer so in my opinion, he can STFU because he has no credibility, just an opinion that is way off base. I don't think watching factory bike from the fence for many years is any form of credibility. He is a biased FAN, nothing more, clearly eveidenced by his hard on for getting his name dropped on the podium. WHO CARES. Keep thinking whatever you like Pro and start drumming up excuses for next year in case your boy doesn't live up to his biggest fans expectations. MikeB, you seem like a man of reason that can come to the conclusion that both the bike and the rider needed improvement at the start of the season, I don't plan to argue that.

|