Alessi '03 Claimed Super Mini FOUND!!!

humtercarrot
Fantasy
2643rd
4/13/2011 8:50pm
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT...
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT JEFF WARD I SAW ALL THE BEST MX RACERS OF ALL TIME AND IF YOU WERE THERE WATCHING KEHOE ON HIS 80 YOU WOULD HAVE LEARNED HOW TO RACE A 80cc DIRTBIKE FULL THROTTLE WHILE LAPPING MOST IF THE FIELD .WHEN KEHOE WAS RACING EVERYBODY EVEN THE BEST 125 AND 250 PROS WOULD RUN UP TO THE FENCE AND WATCH THE BEST RACER THERE WILL EVER BE PERIOD
Lol! Pulls this one up from nine months ago, and this is what he comes up with.
Good job Vernon...
muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
4/13/2011 8:59pm
Not sure how many remember...but Brian Deegan used to be crazy fast for Team Green on minis back in the day too. Spring Creek of 89' (my first time there) or 90', they had an 80cc moto sandwiched in the middle of the program. I don't remember who all participated, but Brian smoked all of them. I remember him coming down the hill in the back and hardly touching the ground...then he'd hit the right hander at the bottom wide open and just blast off of what is now known as the Holy Schmit jump, which was still pretty big in it's time. He was a badass as an amateur.
500guy
4/13/2011 9:03pm
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT...
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT JEFF WARD I SAW ALL THE BEST MX RACERS OF ALL TIME AND IF YOU WERE THERE WATCHING KEHOE ON HIS 80 YOU WOULD HAVE LEARNED HOW TO RACE A 80cc DIRTBIKE FULL THROTTLE WHILE LAPPING MOST IF THE FIELD .WHEN KEHOE WAS RACING EVERYBODY EVEN THE BEST 125 AND 250 PROS WOULD RUN UP TO THE FENCE AND WATCH THE BEST RACER THERE WILL EVER BE PERIOD
Oh the usual, he drives around bowls and the occasional acid flash back.
oldx
4/13/2011 10:04pm
Nice ending to this story if Terry gets the bike back.

The Shop

crf250pilot
4/14/2011 3:17am
Wrong! Troy Blake best mini cycle rider ever.
CR500Rider
4/14/2011 7:34am
mxjon454.. I agree with you that Alessi was unreal on a 80 but I don't think he was the best ever. I've seen just about every...
mxjon454.. I agree with you that Alessi was unreal on a 80 but I don't think he was the best ever. I've seen just about every mini bike superstar since the mid 70's and my 80-85cc top 5 would read like this. Just my opinion of course.
#1 Eric Kehoe
#2 Ricky Carmichael
#3 George Holland
#4 James Stewart
#5 Mike Alessi
You said Mike used to dominate the 125 intermediate class out at Perris. Eric Kehoe used to spank the 125 pro class on his 80 at indian dunes back in the day. He was incredible to watch.
Oldskool wrote:
I don't disagree with your list. However, I may disagree with the order that they are listed in. Alessi has 11 LL titles. What about the...
I don't disagree with your list. However, I may disagree with the order that they are listed in. Alessi has 11 LL titles. What about the rest of the list?
2 of those riders didn't get to ride minis at LL.
Oldskool
4/14/2011 7:50am
I still have the bike.

Tony Alessi blocked the deal and Varner may never get this bike back now. T. Alessi lead me on for 4-5 months that they would like to have the bike back and then basically told me to go pound sand.

I think that Mike would like to have the bike but I haven't been able to contact him directly. Don't know how because I don't know him.

If they don't come back around, I may have to let my son have his way with it before he gets completely too big for the bike. I didn't want to do that, but it is a waste to just let it sit in my garage collecting more dust.
Oldskool
4/14/2011 8:21am
Oldskool wrote:
Here is a link to the pictures of the bike...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34396295@N07/sets/72157624520834062/

I hope this works.
Yes the link worked, And if the Alessi,s didnt want it back or Varner, im sure you wouldnt have any problem selling it, with that bikes...
Yes the link worked,
And if the Alessi,s didnt want it back or Varner, im sure you wouldnt have any problem selling it, with that bikes history.
I would sell it.

If anybody's interested, just send me a PM or email.
4/14/2011 8:30am
Have you got a hold of Terry Varner?

If he is as passionate about his bikes like it was said in this thread then he should be keen on acquiring it back?

Wouldn't Jeff or Mike be keen to take hold of it?
Oldskool
4/14/2011 8:48am
Have you got a hold of Terry Varner? If he is as passionate about his bikes like it was said in this thread then he should...

If he is as passionate about his bikes like it was said in this thread then he should be keen on acquiring it back?

I did talk to Terry Varner on several occasions and he would love to have the bike back. However, we was waiting on a end of season "bonus" from the Alessi's. Based on the outcome of Mike's outdoor season in 2010 (this was the time frame), I'm guessing that the bonus didn't materialize. I never got a call back after the season and that's when Tony basically told me to go away.

I think that Mike would like to have the bike but Tony told me they have no money for that kind of thing and that Mike needs to concentrate solely on racing. Like I said before, I haven't talked to Mike. Tony played "gatekeeper" and I don't even know if Mike knows that the bike still exists.

I firmly believe that the bike should find its way to Terry Varner. It was supposed to go to him before it was claimed by the Chatfield's at LL. However, I will not just "donate" it to him or the Alessi's.

If someone else wants to buy it, it is for sale. Make me an offer.
4/14/2011 8:52am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2011 8:53am
Have you got a hold of Terry Varner? If he is as passionate about his bikes like it was said in this thread then he should...

Oldskool wrote:
I did talk to Terry Varner on several occasions and he would love to have the bike back. However, we was waiting on a end of...
I did talk to Terry Varner on several occasions and he would love to have the bike back. However, we was waiting on a end of season "bonus" from the Alessi's. Based on the outcome of Mike's outdoor season in 2010 (this was the time frame), I'm guessing that the bonus didn't materialize. I never got a call back after the season and that's when Tony basically told me to go away.

I think that Mike would like to have the bike but Tony told me they have no money for that kind of thing and that Mike needs to concentrate solely on racing. Like I said before, I haven't talked to Mike. Tony played "gatekeeper" and I don't even know if Mike knows that the bike still exists.

I firmly believe that the bike should find its way to Terry Varner. It was supposed to go to him before it was claimed by the Chatfield's at LL. However, I will not just "donate" it to him or the Alessi's.

If someone else wants to buy it, it is for sale. Make me an offer.
No worries.

I am pretty sure if Mike was let known about your bike he might just grab it of you.
Oldskool
4/14/2011 8:58am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2011 9:10am
No worries.

I am pretty sure if Mike was let known about your bike he might just grab it of you.
Well, maybe someone on here knows Mike and can pass along the word. That would be great.

I actually think that it would be very cool for a magazine to do a story on the Mike Alessi vs Adam Chatfield 2003 rivalry, Terry Varner and the bike, the claim and the whole story.
Torco1
4/14/2011 9:12am
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
4/14/2011 9:27am
The value of the machine obviously dropped tremendously after this post.... Dizzy
MXD
4/14/2011 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2011 1:38pm
I have an industry buddy that worked for one of the companies that is plastered all over that bike and he told me that story the weekend it happened. I couldn't believe it. Then I heard rumors that in the following months AC's dad roached out the back tire and fattened up the main jet to make it smoke and used it as a pit bike at the major Am events and rub it in the Alessi's face whenever he could. The whole thing sounded like a sitcom. Fast forward to 3 months ago. I had since moved across the country and I was visiting some friends in SoCal. We were riding at Milestone and AC rides up to our pit on a KXF450 to shoot the shit with my buddy. Come to find out, they are good friends too this day. This story came up and AC told me about it in every detail from A-Z minus the pit bike part. I didn't ask if that was true, I just let it go. Regardless, the rest of the story was hilarious. Not to say that what happened to Varner was funny but the way it went down and the way he told the story was great.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
4/14/2011 1:36pm
I'm not sure I'm buying the pit bike part of it, but that sure creates a funny visual picturing Daddy Chatfield putting around the pits on a sputtering and smoking #80 Smile
MXD
4/14/2011 1:40pm
GrapeApe wrote:
I'm not sure I'm buying the pit bike part of it, but that sure creates a funny visual picturing Daddy Chatfield putting around the pits on...
I'm not sure I'm buying the pit bike part of it, but that sure creates a funny visual picturing Daddy Chatfield putting around the pits on a sputtering and smoking #80 Smile
That's why I was careful to say it was a rumor and also to say that AC left that part out. I didn't want to ask if it was true because it probably wasn't but I want to live the rest of my life pretending it really happened because that is some funny stuff right there. Laughing
bd
11/2/2014 12:06pm
mxjon454.. I agree with you that Alessi was unreal on a 80 but I don't think he was the best ever. I've seen just about every...
mxjon454.. I agree with you that Alessi was unreal on a 80 but I don't think he was the best ever. I've seen just about every mini bike superstar since the mid 70's and my 80-85cc top 5 would read like this. Just my opinion of course.
#1 Eric Kehoe
#2 Ricky Carmichael
#3 George Holland
#4 James Stewart
#5 Mike Alessi
You said Mike used to dominate the 125 intermediate class out at Perris. Eric Kehoe used to spank the 125 pro class on his 80 at indian dunes back in the day. He was incredible to watch.
Oldskool wrote:
I don't disagree with your list. However, I may disagree with the order that they are listed in. Alessi has 11 LL titles. What about the...
I don't disagree with your list. However, I may disagree with the order that they are listed in. Alessi has 11 LL titles. What about the rest of the list?
RMZ819 wrote:
I would put Jason Partridge in the top 5. This kid was RC's kryptonite. Jason Partridge was faster smoother and beat RC more than RC beat...
I would put Jason Partridge in the top 5. This kid was RC's kryptonite. Jason Partridge was faster smoother and beat RC more than RC beat him on the Mini class. IMO if Jason P does not get hurt there would not of been a GOAT. This kid was that good. The sport got robbed of 10 yrs of great racing with his injury.
I am friends with Jason Partridge on FB and Instagram - he plans on racing LL in 2015. I am rooting for him..... he's currently in a peaceful space and the fastest rider I have ever practiced with circa 1989 80cc.

Had he not broke his back, he might of won national titles. He was extremely fast.
RangerLee
11/2/2014 7:13pm
Well I guess it was Halloween, time to zombie up old threads but how the F does one go that far back....

Zombies man, zombies
Sully
11/2/2014 7:30pm
RangerLee wrote:
Well I guess it was Halloween, time to zombie up old threads but how the F does one go that far back....

Zombies man, zombies
I mentioned this one in another thread, but couldn't find it. BD found it for me and decided to post something in it, so it wasn't a completely random dig up.
Forza
11/2/2014 7:47pm
I had a RM 80 once. It was a good bike.
JW381
11/2/2014 8:32pm
Wow. I can't believe I've never heard this story before. This awesome in so many ways. Nostalgia to the old mini days haha
SwapperMX
11/2/2014 8:39pm
JW381 wrote:
Wow. I can't believe I've never heard this story before. This awesome in so many ways. Nostalgia to the old mini days haha
For you not to have heard of this is seriously surprising. It is talked about quite often and is folk law these days.
JW381
11/2/2014 8:42pm
JW381 wrote:
SwapperMX wrote:
For you not to have heard of this is seriously surprising. It is talked about quite often and is folk law these days.
I know, and Ive been on MT since 2008 and a regular at Vital since 2011 (I think). I've truly never heard of this in any context. Never even heard of the claiming rule. Like I said, my mind is blown. The mini class must have been utterly insane back in the day.
Suns_PSD
11/2/2014 8:53pm
You have a bike that is worth exactly what a 12 year old modified 80 is worth, no more.
Ideally you would give the Alessi or Varner group the opportunity to buy it for its real worth.
rmartin517
11/2/2014 9:04pm
I remeber they used to come to Cycle Ranch a lot. It was impressive watching Mike on those minis.

Post a reply to: Alessi '03 Claimed Super Mini FOUND!!!

The Latest