Alessi '03 Claimed Super Mini FOUND!!!

Hank_Thrill
7/18/2010 3:19pm
bobby397 wrote:
johnny 900 was fast also, so was jacob martin
His number was 90, and Jake was 139
What's your name? I might of seen you race at 59th back in the day. I read you were a pilot now, congratulations!
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
7/18/2010 3:38pm
Pastrana was the best ever!
7/18/2010 4:00pm
I usally don't pester Tony during race weekends as they are pretty busy as all get out. But Tony might get a kick at seeing pics...
I usally don't pester Tony during race weekends as they are pretty busy as all get out.

But Tony might get a kick at seeing pics of Mike's old bike. They are a pretty sentimental bunch. I will text him about the thread and maybe they can check it out tomorrow evening.
catatonic wrote:
No reason to post that other than as a big "look at me".
BobbyM wrote:
trust me...every time rocket man posts tony is thinking "shut the fuck up wanker" rance is meek...tony hates meek
lol.....you guys are just dang funny.
7/18/2010 4:38pm
bobby397 wrote:
johnny 900 was fast also, so was jacob martin
His number was 90, and Jake was 139
What's your name? I might of seen you race at 59th back in the day. I read you were a pilot now, congratulations!
Thanks.

J.W. Patton

The Shop

WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
7/18/2010 4:50pm
I agree. Charlie hauled ass. I always loved his style. What ever became of Charlie? Do you know? I know he did arena cross for awhile...
I agree. Charlie hauled ass. I always loved his style. What ever became of Charlie? Do you know? I know he did arena cross for awhile. Does he still race in Oklahoma at all?
CB's battles with RC were epic. Man he was fun to watch in his prime. He's still around. I hear he races some XC pretty regularly and usually shows up out at Swan for the Pro Challenge every year.

Here's one of my more well-known shots of Charley

7/18/2010 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 5:04pm
AME (It was a california based organization similar to CRC) let Kehoe run with the pro's on Friday nights. Kehoe was so fast that to get...
AME (It was a california based organization similar to CRC) let Kehoe run with the pro's on Friday nights. Kehoe was so fast that to get real practice at local Indian Dunes races needed to run w/the 125 pros. It didn't happen all the time but when it did it was amazing to watch.
I was there on for AME Fridays and saw that...'78?'79?'80?...it was really incredible....and that's exactly why when I think of the fasted 80 racer of all time Kehoe still comes to mind first for me too....I also remember Holland on his RM being able to race with him when they met.

I saw Poto on an KX 85 one practice day at Glen Helen and that left an impression on me.

At the old Lemon Grove MX track (So Cal., near where Indian Dunes was, now closed) Alessi jumped over me, literally OVER me, on a big table top riding a KX 65 (60?) (I was on a CR 500--that was a big ego boost! haha). I think Alessi is the fasted guy I've ever personally seen on a 65.
pcdoc
7/18/2010 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 7:00pm
CB's battles with RC were epic. Man he was fun to watch in his prime. He's still around. I hear he races some XC pretty regularly...
CB's battles with RC were epic. Man he was fun to watch in his prime. He's still around. I hear he races some XC pretty regularly and usually shows up out at Swan for the Pro Challenge every year.

Here's one of my more well-known shots of Charley

Would you by any chance know how Charlies dad is doing these days? Poor guy went through some pretty crazy sh*t in 2000...some kind of bad bug had him in a motorized chair, then he went over backwards in it and broke his back! He was a character for sure, but also a really good guy. He took us all out to Denneys to eat once...AX staff, riders, mechanics...everyone. He was a hoot to be around Smile Glad to hear Charlie still rides too.
TERIYAKI
7/18/2010 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 8:03pm
"Oldskool wrote: RC has said in interviews that Bogard was his biggest competition on 80's. That's a pretty big compliment. Charlie was doing some schools around the Dallas area for a while. My son went to a few several years ago. I believe that he also raced some GNCC stuff to make some extra cash. He got married, had a kid and I don't know what he's up to today."

Charley is still racing and giving group and private lessons. He is riding KTM for Munn Racing and won a couple of Texas XC titles and rides some MX and AX. He lives in the DFW area.

Here is a video of him last year at the O'Reilly AX. Watch him launch and turn a double and table into a triple after grabbing the holeshot.
Also watch Charley at Freestone with his helmet cam. Charley gives eveyone a 10 second head start off the gate. Funny thing is he had a broken wrist during that race and had to pull off later.
TERIYAKI
7/18/2010 8:10pm
TERIYAKI wrote:
"Oldskool wrote: RC has said in interviews that Bogard was his biggest competition on 80's. That's a pretty big compliment. Charlie was doing some schools around...
"Oldskool wrote: RC has said in interviews that Bogard was his biggest competition on 80's. That's a pretty big compliment. Charlie was doing some schools around the Dallas area for a while. My son went to a few several years ago. I believe that he also raced some GNCC stuff to make some extra cash. He got married, had a kid and I don't know what he's up to today."

Charley is still racing and giving group and private lessons. He is riding KTM for Munn Racing and won a couple of Texas XC titles and rides some MX and AX. He lives in the DFW area.

Here is a video of him last year at the O'Reilly AX. Watch him launch and turn a double and table into a triple after grabbing the holeshot.
Also watch Charley at Freestone with his helmet cam. Charley gives eveyone a 10 second head start off the gate. Funny thing is he had a broken wrist during that race and had to pull off later.
Sorry, didn't get the videos linked.

loftyair
7/18/2010 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 8:44pm
I was there on for AME Fridays and saw that...'78?'79?'80?...it was really incredible....and that's exactly why when I think of the fasted 80 racer of all...
I was there on for AME Fridays and saw that...'78?'79?'80?...it was really incredible....and that's exactly why when I think of the fasted 80 racer of all time Kehoe still comes to mind first for me too....I also remember Holland on his RM being able to race with him when they met.

I saw Poto on an KX 85 one practice day at Glen Helen and that left an impression on me.

At the old Lemon Grove MX track (So Cal., near where Indian Dunes was, now closed) Alessi jumped over me, literally OVER me, on a big table top riding a KX 65 (60?) (I was on a CR 500--that was a big ego boost! haha). I think Alessi is the fasted guy I've ever personally seen on a 65.
This was supposed to be for this quote.

Lemon Grove=Piru Mx track.
DanDunes818
7/18/2010 10:26pm
AME (It was a california based organization similar to CRC) let Kehoe run with the pro's on Friday nights. Kehoe was so fast that to get...
AME (It was a california based organization similar to CRC) let Kehoe run with the pro's on Friday nights. Kehoe was so fast that to get real practice at local Indian Dunes races needed to run w/the 125 pros. It didn't happen all the time but when it did it was amazing to watch.
I was there on for AME Fridays and saw that...'78?'79?'80?...it was really incredible....and that's exactly why when I think of the fasted 80 racer of all...

Justputtinaround.. Friday nights at the dunes....Those were the days..

It would be hard for anyone to comprehend Kehoe on an 80 smoking the 125 pro class unless you were there. You're right to about Holland. He is the only one that was able to touch Eric on an 80 in those days. I seen him beat him on a couple occasions but they were rare as you know.

I never got to see Alessi on 60's but he was probably incredible. The two fastest 60 riders I ever saw were Ezra Lusk and Brandon Layton.

Glad to have another Dunes guy around.
catatonic
7/19/2010 3:27am
catatonic wrote:
No reason to post that other than as a big "look at me".
BobbyM wrote:
trust me...every time rocket man posts tony is thinking "shut the fuck up wanker" rance is meek...tony hates meek
lol.....you guys are just dang funny.
and your pathetic.
Huckster
7/19/2010 4:19am
Wasnt bogard working as a WPS rep recently?
Huckster
7/19/2010 4:19am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2010 4:20am
Oldskool
7/19/2010 9:30pm
UPDATE!!!

I just got off of the phone with Terry Varner. We discussed this bike and he, Tony and Mike have seen the pictures and have verified that this is the one.

It looks like we are going to be able to get this bike back to Terry, where it belongs after all this time. We are still working on the details but both of us are sure that we will be able to work something out.

I have never met Terry but he sure sounds like a great guy who is blessed and knows it. His business has been effected by the economy, just like most everyone else. He has moved Varner Motorsports to the Alessi compound and is working with Mike as his practice mechanic. The deal with the Alessi's allows him to continue his business but also stay in the game with a top racer who is dedicated to winning championships.

I am pleased to have the opportunity to facilitate getting this bike back to where it belongs. It is clear to me now that Terry put more than just his time into this bike. He put his heart and soul into providing Mike Alessi the very best so that Mike could accomplish his goals. Terry Varner is a champion in his own right.

So, if you need one hell of an engine built, call Terry Varner at 909-227-6156 and he will hook you up with what you need.
jmtracing
7/19/2010 9:56pm
JoJmoto wrote:
So oldskool, how did you find it?
Oldskool wrote:
JoJmoto, are you the same guy from KTM talk a few years ago with the PRC posting fun? I actually have been interested in this bike...
JoJmoto, are you the same guy from KTM talk a few years ago with the PRC posting fun?

I actually have been interested in this bike since hearing rumors of the incident at LL in '03. I could not imagine how Varner must have felt and how the Alessi's were with what went down. My son is a total die hard Honda two stroke kid and I have bought at least 30 CR85's in the past 12 months in order to keep his race bike pristine. I have sold what we haven't needed in order to subsidize our riding and racing efforts.

In the course of buying several CR85 bikes and parts in a package deal from the guy that owned this bike, I noticed that this was the actual Alessi bike once I got to his place. I didn't even know that the "supemini" that was included in the package deal was this bike until I got there and saw it. I thought that it was just another big wheel supermini as he didn't tip me off until I was there to see what he had. So, it was really by accident that I had the opportunity to buy it. Had I known that the supermini that was included in the deal was this bike, I would have been a little freaked out while driving out there. I had previously thought how great it would be to find this bike, I never thought I would.

I had heard that it was around the North Texas area since Chatfield spent some time here after the claiming of the bike. However, I never saw it or heard anything about where it was. The guys at D&S never advertised that they had it or that that they had sold it to the guy that I got it from. It just kind of faded away and the stories remained thus continuing to fuel my interest and curiosity.
YES thats where he is from. I had to sign in for this. Jojo the PRC guy.
Friday
7/19/2010 10:17pm
Oldskool wrote:
UPDATE!!! I just got off of the phone with Terry Varner. We discussed this bike and he, Tony and Mike have seen the pictures and have...
UPDATE!!!

I just got off of the phone with Terry Varner. We discussed this bike and he, Tony and Mike have seen the pictures and have verified that this is the one.

It looks like we are going to be able to get this bike back to Terry, where it belongs after all this time. We are still working on the details but both of us are sure that we will be able to work something out.

I have never met Terry but he sure sounds like a great guy who is blessed and knows it. His business has been effected by the economy, just like most everyone else. He has moved Varner Motorsports to the Alessi compound and is working with Mike as his practice mechanic. The deal with the Alessi's allows him to continue his business but also stay in the game with a top racer who is dedicated to winning championships.

I am pleased to have the opportunity to facilitate getting this bike back to where it belongs. It is clear to me now that Terry put more than just his time into this bike. He put his heart and soul into providing Mike Alessi the very best so that Mike could accomplish his goals. Terry Varner is a champion in his own right.

So, if you need one hell of an engine built, call Terry Varner at 909-227-6156 and he will hook you up with what you need.
Saw him today at Piru. He was with Mike,Tony and Jeff Alessi. They were pitting next to me. I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I would have brought it up to Terry.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
7/20/2010 2:13am
Kehoe had NOTHING on Mouse McCoy, and that I saw with my own eyes at my cousins place, the Welty compound (and at the Dunes) off of Sand Canyon. That is a fact, Dan.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
7/20/2010 7:14am
RMZ819 wrote:
I would put Jason Partridge in the top 5. This kid was RC's kryptonite. Jason Partridge was faster smoother and beat RC more than RC beat...
I would put Jason Partridge in the top 5. This kid was RC's kryptonite. Jason Partridge was faster smoother and beat RC more than RC beat him on the Mini class. IMO if Jason P does not get hurt there would not of been a GOAT. This kid was that good. The sport got robbed of 10 yrs of great racing with his injury.
DUDE WHAT DOPE ARE YOU SMOKING??????? The only person who could hand it to RC straight up was the dude with the crazy lever and the...
DUDE WHAT DOPE ARE YOU SMOKING??????? The only person who could hand it to RC straight up was the dude with the crazy lever and the terrible wrist.... crap I can't remember his name... rode for PC as a pro and then faded away. Now I'm not saying that Partridge wasn't fast cuz he could haul the mail, I just disagree with the statement that he'd dust RC. I could be wrong because I was the same age as RC and that was a long time ago, but still...

And Bogie beat RC straight up a few times.

But like one poster said, yes that era was the GREATEST 80cc talent pool there will EVER be.

Jeff Dement, RR17, Antunez, Swink, both Bradshaws, man that list could go on forever....
Are you thinking of Shae Bentley?

And I couldn't find who posted it but someone said that all pros were great amateurs and I disagree - plenty of guys out there never really stood out as amateurs.

Doug Henry
John Dowd (never even raced amateurs nationally)
Dungey (never raced the A class)
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
7/20/2010 7:16am
RMZ819 wrote:
I would put Jason Partridge in the top 5. This kid was RC's kryptonite. Jason Partridge was faster smoother and beat RC more than RC beat...
I would put Jason Partridge in the top 5. This kid was RC's kryptonite. Jason Partridge was faster smoother and beat RC more than RC beat him on the Mini class. IMO if Jason P does not get hurt there would not of been a GOAT. This kid was that good. The sport got robbed of 10 yrs of great racing with his injury.
DUDE WHAT DOPE ARE YOU SMOKING??????? The only person who could hand it to RC straight up was the dude with the crazy lever and the...
DUDE WHAT DOPE ARE YOU SMOKING??????? The only person who could hand it to RC straight up was the dude with the crazy lever and the terrible wrist.... crap I can't remember his name... rode for PC as a pro and then faded away. Now I'm not saying that Partridge wasn't fast cuz he could haul the mail, I just disagree with the statement that he'd dust RC. I could be wrong because I was the same age as RC and that was a long time ago, but still...

But like one poster said, yes that era was the GREATEST 80cc talent pool there will EVER be.

Jeff Dement, RR17, Antunez, Swink, both Bradshaws, man that list could go on forever....
TriRacer27 wrote:
Are you thinking of Shae Bentley? And I couldn't find who posted it but someone said that all pros were great amateurs and I disagree -...

And I couldn't find who posted it but someone said that all pros were great amateurs and I disagree - plenty of guys out there never really stood out as amateurs.

Doug Henry
Mcgrath wasnt a dominate amatuer, he did okay in the pros
7/20/2010 8:23am
RMZ819 wrote:

TriRacer27 wrote:
Are you thinking of Shae Bentley? And I couldn't find who posted it but someone said that all pros were great amateurs and I disagree -...

Doug Henry
Ya that's who I was thinking of... for some reason I kept wanting to type Shane Bess but I knew he was too young for that to be correct.

Thanks.

But ya I've heard that Shae was the only guy who could RC straight up at-will.
BobbyM
7/20/2010 9:06am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2010 9:07am
Oldskool wrote:
UPDATE!!! I just got off of the phone with Terry Varner. We discussed this bike and he, Tony and Mike have seen the pictures and have...
UPDATE!!!

awesome ending to a great story. i'd like to think if mike was on a 450 varner honda he wouldn't be fucking around in 10th place on that POS KTM
4/13/2011 8:18pm
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT JEFF WARD I SAW ALL THE BEST MX RACERS OF ALL TIME AND IF YOU WERE THERE WATCHING KEHOE ON HIS 80 YOU WOULD HAVE LEARNED HOW TO RACE A 80cc DIRTBIKE FULL THROTTLE WHILE LAPPING MOST IF THE FIELD .WHEN KEHOE WAS RACING EVERYBODY EVEN THE BEST 125 AND 250 PROS WOULD RUN UP TO THE FENCE AND WATCH THE BEST RACER THERE WILL EVER BE PERIOD
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/13/2011 8:42pm
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT...
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT JEFF WARD I SAW ALL THE BEST MX RACERS OF ALL TIME AND IF YOU WERE THERE WATCHING KEHOE ON HIS 80 YOU WOULD HAVE LEARNED HOW TO RACE A 80cc DIRTBIKE FULL THROTTLE WHILE LAPPING MOST IF THE FIELD .WHEN KEHOE WAS RACING EVERYBODY EVEN THE BEST 125 AND 250 PROS WOULD RUN UP TO THE FENCE AND WATCH THE BEST RACER THERE WILL EVER BE PERIOD
Wow, great post.
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
4/13/2011 8:44pm
Damn Messicans...
MXR
4/13/2011 8:46pm
FU#k ALESSI AND EVERYBODY else and their stupid comments THE BEST 80 cc RACER THERE will ever be is ERIK KEHOE PERIOD NOT BRUCE BUNCH NOT...
Did they let you sniff glue while flagging mx races ?
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
4/13/2011 8:48pm
How about a tall glass of shut the hell up. and a side dish of skool is too gud 4 u cuz u iz teh smaart!

Welcome to Vital. Let us know how those extra helpings of alter egos are working out for you.

Post a reply to: Alessi '03 Claimed Super Mini FOUND!!!

The Latest