Aldon Bakers contract with riders?

What's with the top 450 rider having the option to buy out another rider? What's the deal there?
Just watching mx nation
|
Hoks
9/7/2019 1:57pm
I would say it’s the 450 guy is the focus, so if he has 250 riders he’s working with and they move up to 450s then they can buy out the contract so they aren’t training with competition.

But I’m sure none of that’s relevant now that he’s working with KTM/Husky.
Helda
9/8/2019 5:37am
I don't think that's how it works any more.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
9/8/2019 5:46am
If this were still the case id guess that marv would’ve bought out Webb or vice versa.
9/8/2019 9:04am
If this were still the case id guess that marv would’ve bought out Webb or vice versa.
Does that work like I think it works? In the past the top dog could pay an extra fee so Aldon wouldn't train someone else?

The Shop

yz133rider
9/8/2019 10:01am
Does that work like I think it works? In the past the top dog could pay an extra fee so Aldon wouldn't train someone else?
Exactly. Not just a fee. But essentially pay what the over rider was going to pay is what i remember hearing.
Natester551v
9/8/2019 10:11am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 10:11am
it sounds a bit extreme, but what the rider is really paying for is Aldon's complete (or at least "more" complete) focus, as well as eliminating the possibility that the competition is keying off of them and learning all of their tricks. Although there probably aren't too many secrets left in the top tier of MX unless you're in the Tomac/JMart circle...

But like has been mentioned, I'm pretty sure the KTM Group contract ended all of that (although I'm sure Aldon does still have certain limits and stipulations...obviously the KTM support teams like BTO don't train there).
Helda
9/8/2019 10:23am
Now that Aldon has the training facility it's different, the riders still pay Aldon for his services individually and KTM pay him a retainer not to train other team riders.
That's what I have gathered from what I have read and watched...probably BTO riders could ride there if they where willing to pay but Baggett has his own place.

Post a reply to: Aldon Bakers contract with riders?

The Latest