Aldon Baker Exclusive to KTM Group

luckyguy19
Edited Date/Time 5/14/2016 6:37am
|
5/12/2016 9:06am
Wonder if its for the whole KTM factory squad (including europe) is wat i mean.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
5/12/2016 9:08am
Wow huge Move
I would think this would make more riders lean toward
Wanting to be on that team versus other offers !

I wonder what that means for Jason Anderson!?
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/12/2016 9:11am
Tarz483 wrote:
Wow huge Move I would think this would make more riders lean toward Wanting to be on that team versus other offers ! I wonder what...
Wow huge Move

Says it includes Husky
JeepnMike
5/12/2016 9:11am
Tarz483 wrote:
Wow huge Move I would think this would make more riders lean toward Wanting to be on that team versus other offers ! I wonder what...
Wow huge Move

X2 for the Husky guys. I assume with KTM owning Husky that means they are a part of that team. He has done wonders for Jason Anderson.

The Shop

DonM
5/12/2016 9:13am
Tarz483 wrote:
Wow huge Move

It's for both KTM and Husky so nothing changes.
hasko158
5/12/2016 9:27am
Tarz483 wrote:
Wow huge Move

Read the link
Titan1
5/12/2016 9:38am
I've been wondering why teams haven't hired trainers in the past. This makes perfect sense. (I wonder how many zero's are on that Contract?)

Now, if teams would start hiring public speaking/image/PR consultants to coach these young riders on how to speak in public, how to speak to the media, how/how not to act in public, etc. etc....it would pay dividends as well. And, along with having a team trainer, would make their team more desirable to riders.
peelout
5/12/2016 9:41am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 9:41am
so now Pourcel will have Aldon in his corner?

watch out world you're about to be proper f*cked
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/12/2016 9:41am
Wonder if AC left on his own or if he got a little help
davistld01
5/12/2016 9:42am
Tarz483 wrote:
Wow huge Move

There are a lot more riders that will not put forth the huge effort that the Aldon Baker plan requires than will, so I doubt this will draw any more riders to KTM than normally. It's a huge coup for KTM/Husqvarna though, and it sets a high bar for other teams to attain in their commitment to win.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/12/2016 9:44am
peelout wrote:

I do hope so!
TeamRags
5/12/2016 9:49am
Man, I would have to say Aldon has to be the smartest dude in this sport! Sure there are guys that have come in to this industry and manufactured some gimmick that everyone buys into and he succeeds for a while. Then there are the riders, they make good money for a few years, some end up getting hurt and forced to quit, others retire and fade away with whatever ($) they made. Then there's ALDON, the guy keeps plugging away year after year, leaching himself on to the next big name that comes along and making more and more money. He cant have much overhead, he offers no miracle product (don't mention the arm pump scam) and he has no secret training regimen! How the hell does he brainwash these guys into thinking they cant win without him? I get that he has a good track record with his win/loss percentage but come on, the guy started out chasing top name riders to work with and then all of a sudden, everyone thinks he's the reason for their success. Aldon has to be the best marketing success ever!
Xeno
5/12/2016 9:53am
Do the riders pay for any of the training, or does KTM cover all the cost? That could be a good incentive.
5/12/2016 10:14am
Does this actually change anything currently? Cianciarulo already parted ways with Aldon at the the start of this year, so that leaves Paulin? and that road racer guy? getting the boot?
mauidex
5/12/2016 10:14am
Roger was the head of Honda back in the glory days...................Jeff Spencer was team trainer there...........no secrets here, been there done that, KTM has been the first to most likely let Roger do what Roger does............hence what is happening CoolCool
ktm212
5/12/2016 10:28am
Titan1 wrote:
I've been wondering why teams haven't hired trainers in the past. This makes perfect sense. (I wonder how many zero's are on that Contract?) Now, if...
I've been wondering why teams haven't hired trainers in the past. This makes perfect sense. (I wonder how many zero's are on that Contract?)

Now, if teams would start hiring public speaking/image/PR consultants to coach these young riders on how to speak in public, how to speak to the media, how/how not to act in public, etc. etc....it would pay dividends as well. And, along with having a team trainer, would make their team more desirable to riders.
FC honda has a trainer and full gym to use at their facility. Pro circuit puts all their riders through public speakings and PR training as well. I believe a few other teams have it as well.
kkawboy14
5/12/2016 10:33am
It must mean a couple things:

The riders don't have to pay him themselves and they get a world class training facility in Florida to use year round for all their athletes.
shuggs
TeamRags wrote:
Man, I would have to say Aldon has to be the smartest dude in this sport! Sure there are guys that have come in to this...
Man, I would have to say Aldon has to be the smartest dude in this sport! Sure there are guys that have come in to this industry and manufactured some gimmick that everyone buys into and he succeeds for a while. Then there are the riders, they make good money for a few years, some end up getting hurt and forced to quit, others retire and fade away with whatever ($) they made. Then there's ALDON, the guy keeps plugging away year after year, leaching himself on to the next big name that comes along and making more and more money. He cant have much overhead, he offers no miracle product (don't mention the arm pump scam) and he has no secret training regimen! How the hell does he brainwash these guys into thinking they cant win without him? I get that he has a good track record with his win/loss percentage but come on, the guy started out chasing top name riders to work with and then all of a sudden, everyone thinks he's the reason for their success. Aldon has to be the best marketing success ever!
Really no outlay? So he was given the land in Florida ? Will be interesting to see
How things go with the team next year
TeamRags wrote:
Man, I would have to say Aldon has to be the smartest dude in this sport! Sure there are guys that have come in to this...
You have to imagine that there are significant overheads in buying, building and maintaining a 92 acre training facility with two outdoor and two supercross tracks.
Feldspar
5/12/2016 10:36am
peelout wrote:

This just in Pourel is retiring.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/12/2016 10:41am
I'm surprised it's taken this long. Kawi should have locked him up in a Team Green deal when they had RV at his peak and young AC there. There are other trainers out there, sure, and I don't think Aldon possesses magic unobtainable somewhere else but if I were PC as an example I'd want my guys riding and training together every week pushing themselves not just at the test track.
kkawboy14
5/12/2016 10:44am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 10:45am
731chopper wrote:
I'm surprised it's taken this long. Kawi should have locked him up in a Team Green deal when they had RV at his peak and young...
I'm surprised it's taken this long. Kawi should have locked him up in a Team Green deal when they had RV at his peak and young AC there. There are other trainers out there, sure, and I don't think Aldon possesses magic unobtainable somewhere else but if I were PC as an example I'd want my guys riding and training together every week pushing themselves not just at the test track.
Unfortunately it is an individual sport as part of a team.

Many riders wouldn't really want their competition on the same program, even if they are on the same brand.
DonM
5/12/2016 10:45am
TeamRags wrote:
Just shows how little you actually know...
jj welks
5/12/2016 10:46am
TeamRags wrote:
Looks like you get an A+ in jealousy 101. The fuck are you? Aldon is a South African army vet, he trains the best dirt bike racers in the world, and is making a fortune. He payed his fuckin dues. How can you hate on a guy for being successful. It's not like he scammed your mama out of $$.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
5/12/2016 10:50am
KTM has the Orange brigade and they have speeking /PR. Classes KTM is covering all the bases
The Rock
5/12/2016 10:50am
Carabella came within a whisker of outbidding KTM
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
5/12/2016 10:51am
Titan1 wrote:
I've been wondering why teams haven't hired trainers in the past. This makes perfect sense. (I wonder how many zero's are on that Contract?) Now, if...

And a financial advisor to help them not squander what they make.
Titan1
5/12/2016 10:56am
Titan1 wrote:

ktm212 wrote:
FC honda has a trainer and full gym to use at their facility. Pro circuit puts all their riders through public speakings and PR training as...
FC honda has a trainer and full gym to use at their facility. Pro circuit puts all their riders through public speakings and PR training as well. I believe a few other teams have it as well.
Good to know...

And based on the public speaking abilities of the majority of pro riders in this sport, the teams are getting ripped off on whom ever is doing their public speaking PR trainings.
500guy
5/12/2016 11:10am
What happens when someone like Herlings doesn't want to train with Baker ?

That is the problem with hiring a "Team" trainer.
Yamaha573
5/12/2016 11:26am
500guy wrote:
What happens when someone like Herlings doesn't want to train with Baker ?

That is the problem with hiring a "Team" trainer.
Then the guy on the team doesn't train with the team trainer. Look at Star racing. Gareth Swanepoel, trains Webb, Plessinger, A. Marth, and Harrison but doesn't train Jeremy Martin who is trained by O'Mara.

Post a reply to: Aldon Baker Exclusive to KTM Group

The Latest