Aldon Baker - Dude has some serious magic potion!

rcm406
3/8/2015 8:24am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 10:07am
It it just a coincidence?

James/AB split - results immediately suffer
Kroc/AB split - results immediately suffer
RV/AB split - results immediately suffer

Dungey/AB join up - Dungey starts dominating!
|
Bruce372
3/8/2015 8:27am
Is he still pushing monavie?????
motosmith
3/8/2015 8:31am
There are millions of trainers that understand nutrition, fitness and mental strength, so it seems odd that he would stand out from the pack. He must have some type of unique approach.

Side note: The person that would greatly improve from his program is Weston Pieck in my opinion. If that dude hooked up with Baker he would be podium every race.
3/8/2015 8:35am
rcm406 wrote:
It it just a coincidence? James/AB split - results immediately suffer Kroc/AB split - results immediately suffer RV/AB split - results immediately suffer Dungey/AB join up...

RV's results immediately suffer? Compared to what? He has not raced MXGPs before and we are two races in.
watson
3/8/2015 8:36am
He seems to know what an elite rider needs to get that extra 1%, for sure.

Don't know what you're talking about with RV, though. Supposedly he's still working with him albeit from a distance, and even then his results aren't exactly suffering.

The Shop

RandyS
3/8/2015 8:36am
motosmith wrote:
There are millions of trainers that understand nutrition, fitness and mental strength, so it seems odd that he would stand out from the pack. He must...
There are millions of trainers that understand nutrition, fitness and mental strength, so it seems odd that he would stand out from the pack. He must have some type of unique approach.

Side note: The person that would greatly improve from his program is Weston Pieck in my opinion. If that dude hooked up with Baker he would be podium every race.
He does, he works with the best riders. When he doesn't you get Jake Weimer who did worse under AB.
steve_97060
3/8/2015 8:39am
motosmith wrote:
There are millions of trainers that understand nutrition, fitness and mental strength, so it seems odd that he would stand out from the pack. He must...

RandyS wrote:
He does, he works with the best riders. When he doesn't you get Jake Weimer who did worse under AB.
whoa, come on, along with RV that doesn't fit the narrative...
PFitzG38
3/8/2015 8:49am
I'm starting to think Aldon is one of the best Motocross Psychologists of our time.

On a side note: What do you think Roczen would have said if Aldon had told him he would not win another SX this year if he discontinued his services?

Or, do you think Roczen was second guessing his decision not to use Aldon when he got injured? What kind of resources and knowledge regarding rehab does RCH have? Is Ken relying on his dad to tape, ice, and treat his injuries? Does whoever have the background and training to do the job at the elite level Ken requires?
rcm406
3/8/2015 8:51am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2015 8:53am
rcm406 wrote:
It it just a coincidence? James/AB split - results immediately suffer Kroc/AB split - results immediately suffer RV/AB split - results immediately suffer Dungey/AB join up...

RV's results immediately suffer? Compared to what? He has not raced MXGPs before and we are two races in.
Yes, 1st race was a disaster, 2nd race was much better, but 2nd moto you could literally tell RV was spent and had nothing for AC & CD! When was the last time that happened, especially after RV got a 4th place start? FYI, RV had more time this year to get ready and be in shape for a series than any other time in his career!
mx965
3/8/2015 9:22am
and villo got the overall today.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
3/8/2015 10:28am
motosmith wrote:

RandyS wrote:
Weimer did worse under AB? I know he wasnt setting the world on fire but he was always top ten and occasional top 5 with AB. Now a top 10 is a great result for him.
ChrisB10
3/8/2015 10:39am
Aldon is a champion whore.
hvaughn88
3/8/2015 10:40am
Who knows what the reason is, but all I know is whatever he does sure works
zippy895
3/8/2015 10:41am
rcm406 wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
Yes, 1st race was a disaster, 2nd race was much better, but 2nd moto you could literally tell RV was spent and had nothing for AC...
Yes, 1st race was a disaster, 2nd race was much better, but 2nd moto you could literally tell RV was spent and had nothing for AC & CD! When was the last time that happened, especially after RV got a 4th place start? FYI, RV had more time this year to get ready and be in shape for a series than any other time in his career!

IWreckALot
3/8/2015 10:41am
I'm just waiting to see 991's response. . .

Dungey's riding style has definitely changed this season. I think Aldon has been able to point out a few areas of Dungey's tactics that he felt he could improve. Also, Dungey mentioned that AB has shown him a more efficient way to exercise and diet. So he just takes AB's input, alters his training and diet and can focus his energy on training and racing more efficiently.
2thefront
3/8/2015 10:42am
Kenny and Aldon stopped working together in mid December.
Trav138
3/8/2015 10:44am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm just waiting to see 991's response. . . Dungey's riding style has definitely changed this season. I think Aldon has been able to point out...

Dungey's riding style has definitely changed this season. I think Aldon has been able to point out a few areas of Dungey's tactics that he felt he could improve. Also, Dungey mentioned that AB has shown him a more efficient way to exercise and diet. So he just takes AB's input, alters his training and diet and can focus his energy on training and racing more efficiently.
Haha i was just thinking the same thing. He will blow this thread up, no doubt
DonM
3/8/2015 11:19am
rcm406 wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
Yes, 1st race was a disaster, 2nd race was much better, but 2nd moto you could literally tell RV was spent and had nothing for AC...
Everyone seems to forget that RV hasn't raced outdoors since August of 2013. So he hasn't trained in FL for the outdoors since....
2stroked
3/8/2015 11:28am
What ive noticed over the last five-six years of Aldon's riders is mental strength above all else.

All the top riders have similar talent, speed, work ethic, and they're all in similar physical shape. To a point. They all have their own training programs and regimens they put themselves through. The strength, training, moto's, nutrition side is all a fairly well known science at this point and I highly doubt that Aldon has a secret potion that no other trainer has or knows about.

that leaves the mental strength game. We've all seen the very best top riders have emotional meltdowns. Its pretty well known they're all also basketcase's when it comes to being mentally strong. The top ten guys are about as emotionally stable as a 12 year old rape victim.

What Aldon cultivates is a mental strength and maturity to enforce in his riders that they know they are the best. The results prove this over and over again. His techniques are also very demanding on the rider and require absolute focus and concentration and pushes all other outside distractions out of the picture. THe level this sport is at now requires nothing else.

Instead of sitting on the starting line hoping for a good start, and hoping for a good finish, how much of a difference would it make for a rider to sit there and honestly, TRULY, believe that he IS going to win. He IS going to holeshot. that he IS the fastest rider on the gate? At the very top that is what makes the difference. Thats what aldon's training provides.

I could also be totally way off and have no idea what I'm talking about. Wink
3/8/2015 11:37am
2stroked wrote:
What ive noticed over the last five-six years of Aldon's riders is mental strength above all else. All the top riders have similar talent, speed, work...
What ive noticed over the last five-six years of Aldon's riders is mental strength above all else.

All the top riders have similar talent, speed, work ethic, and they're all in similar physical shape. To a point. They all have their own training programs and regimens they put themselves through. The strength, training, moto's, nutrition side is all a fairly well known science at this point and I highly doubt that Aldon has a secret potion that no other trainer has or knows about.

that leaves the mental strength game. We've all seen the very best top riders have emotional meltdowns. Its pretty well known they're all also basketcase's when it comes to being mentally strong. The top ten guys are about as emotionally stable as a 12 year old rape victim.

What Aldon cultivates is a mental strength and maturity to enforce in his riders that they know they are the best. The results prove this over and over again. His techniques are also very demanding on the rider and require absolute focus and concentration and pushes all other outside distractions out of the picture. THe level this sport is at now requires nothing else.

Instead of sitting on the starting line hoping for a good start, and hoping for a good finish, how much of a difference would it make for a rider to sit there and honestly, TRULY, believe that he IS going to win. He IS going to holeshot. that he IS the fastest rider on the gate? At the very top that is what makes the difference. Thats what aldon's training provides.

I could also be totally way off and have no idea what I'm talking about. Wink
X 2 my thoughts exactly, good post !
DonM
3/8/2015 11:40am
IWreckALot wrote:
I'm just waiting to see 991's response. . . Dungey's riding style has definitely changed this season. I think Aldon has been able to point out...

We already know what his response will be....
Kawapilot
3/8/2015 11:45am
Someone said he is the Vodoo Man.
Bultaco
3/8/2015 11:55am
I'd be willing to bet (since I don't know any actual details) that with Dungey, Baker is making him rest more, do less. A rested, invigorated racer is much faster than a worn out one.
bd
3/8/2015 12:29pm
I believe Baker not only coaches on fitness, but also emotional intelligence. Dunge stated it.... I no longer worry about my program. In my opinion, Dunge is riding very aggressive (for him), his race craft has gotten better, his technique has improved. Baker is helps a riders program.
Kawapilot
3/8/2015 1:02pm
bd wrote:
I believe Baker not only coaches on fitness, but also emotional intelligence. Dunge stated it.... I no longer worry about my program. In my opinion, Dunge...
I believe Baker not only coaches on fitness, but also emotional intelligence. Dunge stated it.... I no longer worry about my program. In my opinion, Dunge is riding very aggressive (for him), his race craft has gotten better, his technique has improved. Baker is helps a riders program.
Can you tell me what he made before RC came to him? Never heard Aldon Baker before.
3/8/2015 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2015 1:21pm
IWreckALot wrote:

The shit's running so deep in this thread, Believe it or not, I'm totally lost for words right about now .

AFAIK, there's actually an entire team that helps RD#5. I'd be guessing but I'm pretty confident AB didn't get that bike dialled in the way it is ATM.
If RD#5's season goes to shit, do we blame AB?

Nothing wrong with Kenny's fitness, just his confidence. Only Kenny can fix that!
3/8/2015 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2015 1:36pm
bd wrote:
I believe Baker not only coaches on fitness, but also emotional intelligence. Dunge stated it.... I no longer worry about my program. In my opinion, Dunge...
Kawapilot wrote:
Can you tell me what he made before RC came to him? Never heard Aldon Baker before.
You saying AB helped RD#5 with his race craft? Yep, the shit's getting real deep! Laughing . Got any spare Gum Boots Kiwifan?

No mention of Roger D. LMAO! RJ might be helping BB#4 with his race craft, but AB with RD#5's. Hilarious!!

Simple case of AB being in the right place at the right time.

To teach someone race craft you'd actually have to have some yourself first. MX and SX tracks aren't all down hill ya Knob! Dirt bike's don't have fucking peddles LMFAO!
How the fuck is AB, A fucking MTB rider, gonna teach RD#5 Anything about MX/SX race craft??????

You
bsharkey
3/8/2015 1:46pm
rcm406 wrote:

all champions before they took on aldon. theres only one way you can go when you are on top and that's down
mattmatt300
3/8/2015 2:01pm
So Aldon Baker has been in the right time and place consistently for what 10 years? And race craft in cycling is 10x what it is in moto so I'm sure he could give a tip or two about that.
3/8/2015 2:03pm
So Aldon Baker has been in the right time and place consistently for what 10 years? And race craft in cycling is 10x what it is...
So Aldon Baker has been in the right time and place consistently for what 10 years? And race craft in cycling is 10x what it is in moto so I'm sure he could give a tip or two about that.
And now we're up to our necks in it
davistld01
3/8/2015 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2015 2:10pm
So Aldon Baker has been in the right time and place consistently for what 10 years? And race craft in cycling is 10x what it is...
#991 wrote:
And now we're up to our necks in it [URL=http://s295.photobucket.com/user/willow991/media/4x4%20mods/pottytrain5_zpsdefeef3f.gif.html][IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/willow991/4x4%20mods/pottytrain5_zpsdefeef3f.gif[/IMG][/URL]
And now we're up to our necks in it
Dude...we'e all really impressed with your collection of emoticons, and really all in awe of your tough guy talk. Really, really, really! Tongue

Actually, that's bullshit. You're coming off like the biggest Aussie dick on this board. But, maybe that's real important to you, huh? Why don't you back off and let some of the guys here who DO know something, and don't have to use gay emoticons have a bit of a say. It'll be good for you. You'll thank me later.

Post a reply to: Aldon Baker - Dude has some serious magic potion!

The Latest