Alcohol sponsors and Twisted Tea

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2021 9:20 AM

Forgive me if in anyway this is a stupid post. First I’m all for alcohol sponsors, Cigarette, Marijuana, CBD companies.
I thought Alcohol sponsors were banned from AMA? Twisted tea is sponsoring the Hep team I think thats absolutely awesome. Everyone was making money back in Camel, Coors light supercross days. Hoping Beer and liquor sponsors come back heavy! Our sport and these professional riders need more of a payout and a paycheck. I just remember Deano with the Dan the man Bilzerian Ignite cbd sponsorship that Feld and Ama didn’t allow..... then the very next year CBD is one of the main sponsors. Does anyone have any insight on this subject or is all basically B.S. typical politics?

|

1/20/2021 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 12:44 PM

Alcohol sponsors are allowed, but three industry trade groups set up guidelines that resulted in their members pulling all advertising from the "action sports" segment under the notion that it is a youth-targeted market.

That is also why energy drinks swooped in to take their place.

|

1/20/2021 9:30 AM

Maybe we can get American Honey Bourbon as a sponsor and we can have the Honey Girls on the track?

|

Indecision is a choice

1/20/2021 10:36 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

Alcohol sponsors are allowed, but three industry trade groups set up guidelines that resulted in their members pulling all ...more

First responses are hardly ever this clear and to the point. Thanks dude.

|

1/20/2021 10:47 AM

We need a Busch light factory team.

|

1/20/2021 10:56 AM

Team Svedka girls...

Photo

Photo

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

1/20/2021 11:06 AM

Suprised there's not more sponsors like Liquid IV etc from a sport/health perspective

|

1/20/2021 11:09 AM

I couldnt get a set of Maker's Mark graphics to look right on my KTM

|

1/20/2021 11:11 AM

AxlBundy wrote:

You put them on before you empty the bottle.

|

1/20/2021 11:49 AM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Team Svedka girls...

Photo

Photo

Dude the Robot Chicken humping robot makes any thread gold!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/20/2021 12:24 PM

There really needs to be a "Twisted Tea block pass of the race"

|

1/20/2021 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 12:40 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Alcohol sponsors are allowed, but three industry trade groups set up guidelines that resulted in their members pulling all ...more

Surprised there is not more! Would love to see these guidelines. Twisted Tea has been the only alcoholic beverage sponsor in how long? And has the alcohol sponsors always been legal? Seems like a really long lapse since the last I’ve seen one

|

1/20/2021 12:39 PM

AxlBundy wrote:

daemon616 wrote:

You put them on before you empty the bottle.

Or send them to sumdood

|

1/20/2021 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2021 1:02 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

DirtMAFIA wrote:

Surprised there is not more! Would love to see these guidelines. Twisted Tea has been the only alcoholic beverage sponsor in ...more

Yes it has been legal. The change was self-regulatory (but in industry anticipation that federal regulations could be passed if they did not). Here are the guidelines from the Beer Institute -- one of the three discussed trade groups, including viewership metrics they must follow:

https://www.beerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/BEER-6735-2018-Beer-Ad-Code-Update-Brochure-for-web.pdf

|

1/20/2021 1:08 PM

Actually bought some twisted tea last week, 50/50 their SX sponsorship/the meme. Was really decent stuff. Was expecting it to be some comical drink like Four Loko, but it was a very civilized iced tea.

|

1/20/2021 2:02 PM

I make my own Twisted Tea.

...I call em Drunk Arnold Palmers.

|

1/20/2021 2:42 PM

Cracker Smacker Racing has a nice ring to it.
Photo

|

1/20/2021 3:36 PM

Twisted teas are legit. Doesn’t taste like absolute shit and actually tastes like tea. Barely tell there’s alcohol in it. Throw back 3 twisted tea tall cans and you’re cruisin

|

1/20/2021 5:42 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

Those actually have name! They’re named after another golfer, only this one is an alcoholic. grin

John Daly

Twisted Teas are my go to hot/sunny day drink, I like ‘em

|

1/20/2021 6:41 PM

nskerb wrote:

We need a Busch light factory team.

I have invested heavily into supporting their sponsorship...

|

2018 CRF250R

1/20/2021 7:24 PM

I remember when Jagermiester was a sponsor in 2010, you couldn't ride for them unless you were 21, and there were certain restrictions to get into the pits as well. I think that's why the KTM team was jager for 450s and Red Bull for 250s

|

1/20/2021 9:02 PM

ShawdowGlen wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

Those actually have name! They’re named after another golfer, only this one is an alcoholic. grin

John Daly

Twisted Teas are my ...more

Okay.... the responses on the product seem favorable...I'll have to try one. ...or two...or three.

|

1/20/2021 9:21 PM

daemon616 wrote:

Suprised there's not more sponsors like Liquid IV etc from a sport/health perspective

Same for big supplement companies like Cellucor, 1st Phorm, etc.

|

1/21/2021 6:39 AM

Sold. Between them sponsoring the HEP team and the reviews in here, I'll pick some up today.

|

1/21/2021 8:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2021 8:14 AM

Tak_ryan wrote:

Same for big supplement companies like Cellucor, 1st Phorm, etc.

Blame Fkin WADA for that.

Imagine BSN or 1st Phorm sponsoring a team and then WADA bans the riders for 2 years because there were trace amounts of some caffeine related supplement that gave the team riders Superhuman powers to lap the whole field 4 times in one heat race and then everything goes to shit...

|

1/21/2021 8:17 AM

rhargrave431 wrote:

I remember when Jagermiester was a sponsor in 2010, you couldn't ride for them unless you were 21, and there were certain ...more

Holy shit. Are you telling me the teams combined to make a jager bomb?

|

1/21/2021 8:19 AM

Those of you getting ready to try it, be careful. I hear it can knock you on your ass.

(In case you don’t get the reference.)

|

1/21/2021 1:25 PM

gave my buddy shit for drinking htem all the time......then bought a case for on the pontoon this summer, the 50/50 are pretty damn good, and my local bar has them in the tall boy for $3 all the time

|

kcco