Albertson future...?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2010 5:59 PM

Jimmy qualified at the bottom of the regular GP riders with only Josh a micro second slower with a skeleton Aprilia team present to make adjustments.Jimmy is a class act, great guy but what future in GP's? A minor team where he has to adapt to life in the teams test/base nation with little or no support financial or language/nation smarts. A up coming factory team ie..Aprilia,TM,Husqvarna,CCM etc......Not enough experience and too many top 10 GP riders available for the R&D gig...A " buy a position " team to try and get on a team in 2012 with good results which he didn't get on a full factory team?...A announcer gig for the American audience for the new up coming USGP in the future...???

|

8/21/2010 6:57 PM

Jimmy ran 2:09's most of the race..Josh 2:08's the best placing Brazil local rider in the 2:11's. Albertson was the slowest regular GP rider except Guarneri which had 2;07's mixed with 2:13"s etc which points to mech problems. Albertson was a full 3 seconds off the the top 5 GP riders laps...I really don't see too much denario going into the Jimmy effort from the Martin team this year.just a ride it out effort

|

8/22/2010 4:58 PM

Albertson sealed his fate today , lowest placing GP rider in both motos{except DNF and get off riders}. Ran on the average of 4 seconds off race lap pace.....

|

8/22/2010 5:00 PM

whats the future of the GP's when only 10 riders show up?

|

8/22/2010 5:06 PM

Huckster wrote:

The GP's are sitting pretty, the future of the Brazil leg is the question. By adding multiple USGP's soon and tying that into the Brazil , South African? then it would be cost effective logistically wise and a profitable situation for the FIM, this is what is in the works whether the AMA wants to step up or not,The FIM will dominate soon .

|

8/22/2010 5:31 PM

Huckster wrote:

Team Euro wrote:

The GP's are sitting pretty, the future of the Brazil leg is the question. By adding multiple USGP's soon and tying that into the Brazil , South African? then it would be cost effective logistically wise and a profitable situation for the FIM, this is what is in the works whether the AMA wants to step up or not,The FIM will dominate soon .

believe what you want!!! in the usa, we could have the top 20 out and still fill up a gate at any random national. as you saw by the USGP this year, only a few from the ama showed and 1 or 2 being "top riders". when you have people like Reed and CP377 not wanting to enter a series they were bought up in and talk about how terrible the GPs are ran, how can you say they will soon dominate?? maybe you start finding out why your riders want to come here, instead of staying there? just a thought....

ps. dont reply with the same old B S saying how they have a master plan or its because of SX, remember, Rattray and Searle both came for motocross.....

|

8/22/2010 7:07 PM

Huckster wrote:

Team Euro wrote:

bobby397 wrote:

believe what you want!!! in the usa, we could have the top 20 out and still fill up a gate at any random national. as you saw by the USGP this year, only a few from the ama showed and 1 or 2 being "top riders". when you have people like Reed and CP377 not wanting to enter a series they were bought up in and talk about how terrible the GPs are ran, how can you say they will soon dominate?? maybe you start finding out why your riders want to come here, instead of staying there? just a thought....

ps. dont reply with the same old B S saying how they have a master plan or its because of SX, remember, Rattray and Searle both came for motocross.....

It has nothing to do with the AMA and thats the best part, The FIM is running the Circus through the USA without the AMA input. Who cares if your marshmallows show up, they can or they can excuse out..doesn't matter , the USA will get a 2 or 3 GP race schedule in the future to tie in with the teams logistics of moving across the pond in mass, ie all teams involved in all GP 's in North America,South America,Africa, etc...

|

8/22/2010 7:13 PM

Have you ever met Jimmy or actually talked to him?

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

8/22/2010 7:27 PM

Yea, Like I said very nice ,good guy and a winner as humans go.. just business and it sucks and not always pleasant or right.

|

8/22/2010 8:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2010 8:07 PM

Team Euro wrote:

bobby397 wrote:

Team Euro wrote:

It has nothing to do with the AMA and thats the best part, The FIM is running the Circus through the USA without the AMA input. Who cares if your marshmallows show up, they can or they can excuse out..doesn't matter , the USA will get a 2 or 3 GP race schedule in the future to tie in with the teams logistics of moving across the pond in mass, ie all teams involved in all GP 's in North America,South America,Africa, etc...

Don't care about U.S rider turn out? Didn't Glen Helen show if racers the public know don't show up they don't show up to watch? Of course when you don't pay the racers prize money I guess you don't need the public to spend?

|

8/22/2010 8:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2010 9:41 PM

1st moto times:
Jimmy finished top ten in the AMA Nationals in 2009 and he seems to be able to hold the same overseas.This moto was also starting out 2nd to last with Boog going down in front of him in the first corner and Jimmy going over the bars hitting his bike. Jimmy best lap was lap 14.Once you get through the top five guys, Jimmy is a good choice for a GP team with almost a year under his belt getting acclimated. By the way, Jimmy ran a stock Honda 450 engine in Brazil.

Pos Nr Rider Nat. Fed. Bike Bestlaptime
1 19 Philippaerts, David ITA FMI Yamaha 2:08.556
2 222 Cairoli, Antonio ITA FMI KTM 2:07.433
3 25 Desalle, Clement BEL FMB Suzuki 2:08.852
4 2 Nagl, Maximilian GER DMSB KTM 2:09.629 8
5 39 Guarneri, Davide ITA FMI Honda 2:10.182
6 22 Goncalves, Rui POR FMP KTM 2:11.018
7 11 Ramon, Steve BEL FMB 2:10.984
9 6 Coppins, Joshua NZL MNZ Aprilia 2:12.985
10 702 Albertson, Jimmy USA AMA Honda 2:11.500

|

8/22/2010 8:31 PM

Lets not forget Jimmy has been injured, riding injured, and has had problems with the bike during his first year in the GP's. Martin Honda should have honored the two year deal and then if he didn't produce, not resign him. Moving to a new continent , adjusting to a different style of tracks is not an easy thing to do in less than a year. Hopefully someone gives him a chance to show what he can really do after having a season of experience under his belt.

|

8/22/2010 9:47 PM

I hope so, lesser riders would have turn tail and run home but Jimmy has support and guts, let's hope that the politics of multinational disorganization don't do him in. But it's not a pretty situation, it's how bad he wants it and who listens

|

8/23/2010 2:27 AM

Jimmy needs to get on an English-based team. I think it would help him a lot. I'm thinking of HM plant KTM, Dixon Yamaha or CAS Honda.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

8/23/2010 2:47 AM

I think Jimmy has done well this year... the first year is always going to be the hardest, so I feel he should get his second year honoured. He has been about where I expected his speed is good - the problem is there are so many guys capable a similar speed but I think he should be even better next season..but the class will be even more stacked with riders fully fit and MX2 guys moving up -the fight for rides is crazy.

I hope he gets another good team in GPs he has shown enough potential and he is young and hungry,.. I think a British team suits Americans better because of the living and language is more similar. Dixon Yamaha 450 would be a good fit with Zach as a teammate.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

8/23/2010 3:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2010 3:54 AM

mccread wrote:

I think Jimmy has done well this year... the first year is always going to be the hardest, so I feel he should get his second year honoured. He has been about where I expected his speed is good - the problem is there are so many guys capable a similar speed but I think he should be even better next season..but the class will be even more stacked with riders fully fit and MX2 guys moving up -the fight for rides is crazy.

I hope he gets another good team in GPs he has shown enough potential and he is young and hungry,.. I think a British team suits Americans better because of the living and language is more similar. Dixon Yamaha 450 would be a good fit with Zach as a teammate.

x2

I dont really understand the point of this thread seeing as Jimmy has been out injured for so long... Give him a good injury free run and I think he's capable of regular top ten race finishes.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/23/2010 4:58 AM

Who are the MX2 riders that will be moving up next year? They have move up when they turn 24 correct?

|

8/23/2010 5:26 AM

Simpson and frossard are the two that I know of.. two top 5 riders from MX2... Frossard apparantly has a factory Yamaha ride sorted.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

8/23/2010 5:36 AM

I sure am glad that Team Euro is on that side of the ocean; I would be embarrassed if he were over here spewing that crap about the GPs and GP riders. But talking shit on American riders and how the FIM is going to dominate? Very motivational.

DC
MX Sports

|

8/23/2010 5:37 AM

Team Euro is a very angry person lol

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

8/23/2010 5:39 AM

Team Euro wink smile
Photo

|

1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/23/2010 5:48 AM

jamma10 wrote:

Team Euro wink smile
Photo

You trying to say he has a french fry on his shoulder, with some ketchup?

|

8/23/2010 5:49 AM

Chip on his shoulder....

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

8/23/2010 5:50 AM

motoxxx599 wrote:

You trying to say he has a french fry on his shoulder, with some ketchup?

Think of another word for a French Fry?

Maybe it's lost in translation...

|

1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

8/23/2010 2:45 PM

Fearo wrote:

Jimmy needs to get on an English-based team. I think it would help him a lot. I'm thinking of HM plant KTM, Dixon Yamaha or CAS Honda.

CAS Honda, I would say ...

|

8/23/2010 4:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2010 4:31 PM

Injury or not, just two top 10 overall all year, he needs to up his game...

|

8/23/2010 4:56 PM

St Anmore and Team Euro

Photo

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...