Alabama National?!?!

Crush
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:56am
Racerx twitter...

DC spent the day in Alabama w/ RC and The Bomber.... Wonder what that's all about?
|
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
4/22/2010 8:56pm
RC is racing roundy round I think.......

Heard he was in pell city on wed or it might have been today.

Maybe pell city will get a call. RC has riden there before.
shaner708
4/22/2010 9:22pm
There have been rumors of them having a national in Alabama for a few years now. the one I heard the last time it came up was dropping Steel City for the Alabama round but with Glen Helen gone that may not be necassary
redrider400
4/22/2010 10:25pm
I wish, Georgia would be better, but AL is close enough. The place would be packed for sure.
DanDunes818
4/22/2010 10:40pm
shaner708 wrote:
There have been rumors of them having a national in Alabama for a few years now. the one I heard the last time it came up...
There have been rumors of them having a national in Alabama for a few years now. the one I heard the last time it came up was dropping Steel City for the Alabama round but with Glen Helen gone that may not be necassary
Shaner.. I'm pretty sure Glen Helen will have to be replaced by another Southern California venue. I'm pretty sure Davey said Steel City was leaving the schedule soon.

The Shop

Crush
4/22/2010 10:55pm
Yeah it sounded like GH would goto another Cali venue... And I think Davey said they were having some issues with the actual land owner at one of the PA rounds? Was it Steel City, I actually thought it was Mt Morris...

Which, I really hope it's not... That track IS motocross...
slomoto
4/22/2010 11:08pm
I dont think there is an other so.cal track that is national calibur or can handle the crowds
mx186
4/23/2010 3:51pm
MillCreek MX hands down in Pell City... that tracks just friggen sick all the way lol!!! would be cool for sure!
Rupert X
4/23/2010 4:11pm

A few years back - Barber Motorsports Park in Abalama (mistakenly spelled incorrectly)

was touting that they had broken ground on " The World's Best Motocross Track".

Guess we'll have to wait and breath.
shaner708
4/23/2010 4:30pm
shaner708 wrote:
There have been rumors of them having a national in Alabama for a few years now. the one I heard the last time it came up...
Shaner.. I'm pretty sure Glen Helen will have to be replaced by another Southern California venue. I'm pretty sure Davey said Steel City was leaving the...
Shaner.. I'm pretty sure Glen Helen will have to be replaced by another Southern California venue. I'm pretty sure Davey said Steel City was leaving the schedule soon.
I make no claim to being correct, as I said it was a rumour. But I've said crazier things and won money on it, just ask Kenny Watson Wink
DanDunes818
4/23/2010 4:33pm
mx186 wrote:
MillCreek MX hands down in Pell City... that tracks just friggen sick all the way lol!!! would be cool for sure!
Looks like an awesome track looking at it on Google maps but the facility itself doesn't look like it would be big enough.
DanDunes818
4/23/2010 4:34pm
shaner708 wrote:
Shaner.. I'm pretty sure Glen Helen will have to be replaced by another Southern California venue. I'm pretty sure Davey said Steel City was leaving the...
shaner708 wrote:
I make no claim to being correct, as I said it was a rumour. But I've said crazier things and won money on it, just ask...
I make no claim to being correct, as I said it was a rumour. But I've said crazier things and won money on it, just ask Kenny Watson Wink
I know.. And to date that was the coolest open mouth and insert foot moment I've heard on a radio show in a long time. Did you get that $500 you had coming to you?
need love
4/23/2010 4:52pm
shit they were down at Talladega doing laps in RC's car, DC went across the street to the clay track and crashed a 40 thousand dollar race car, while RC threw a midget into the wall.
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
4/23/2010 4:59pm
I live in Alabama, and there is no way in hell a National would get to us. Our tracks are somewhat nice(I think) but the infrastructure of roads to the these tracks are confusing and narrow. Put a Honda RedBull Racing Semi trying to get through Tallassee, Alabama to get to Monster Mt. and you would see a cluster-f.
shaner708
4/23/2010 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:21pm
I know.. And to date that was the coolest open mouth and insert foot moment I've heard on a radio show in a long time. Did...
I know.. And to date that was the coolest open mouth and insert foot moment I've heard on a radio show in a long time. Did you get that $500 you had coming to you?
I wasn't able to make it to any sx races so I just told him if he could hook me up with some new H&H riding gear. Seemed wrong to me to take someones money having never shaken their hand or at least met them.

I do think no matter where they decide to hold the race it's gonna be tough. Short notice + bad economy= tough to hold a national. Lots of issues with that I'm sure. Constructing pro pits, fencing, parking, even clearing things with the locals. Obviously there will be a socal national in the future but it may be possible that it could take a year to get everything done
4/23/2010 5:22pm
this winter we went from monster mountain to mill creek. and hands down, monster mountain was way better than mill creek.
Dirtnut129
4/23/2010 5:53pm
Millcreek is in pell city .Which is very close to Talladega ,which is racing this weekend .Mill creek could hold a national , but there is not much in the area .Most that go to dega camp on the grounds .
goonslurkin316
Fantasy
1161st
4/23/2010 5:57pm
Monster Mountain would definitely fit the mold tons better than Mill Creek.
track guy
4/23/2010 6:10pm
mx186 wrote:
agree!
hillbilly
4/23/2010 6:18pm
family trees in alabama dont have branches
Shawn142
4/23/2010 6:27pm
Read Racerhead, they're talking about Barber.
Guzzler
4/23/2010 6:55pm
Monster Mountain would definitely fit the mold tons better than Mill Creek.
Monster Mt. is so good. They have plenty of land that could be cleared to fit everthing, parking etc. As for being able to get the team trucks in, that is not a problem at all.
need love
4/23/2010 7:15pm
you guy's are just stupid, they were at talledega with RC. You guy's are looking for something that isn't there.
BobbyM
4/23/2010 7:40pm
Yaya wrote:
I live in Alabama, and there is no way in hell a National would get to us. Our tracks are somewhat nice(I think) but the infrastructure...
I live in Alabama, and there is no way in hell a National would get to us. Our tracks are somewhat nice(I think) but the infrastructure of roads to the these tracks are confusing and narrow. Put a Honda RedBull Racing Semi trying to get through Tallassee, Alabama to get to Monster Mt. and you would see a cluster-f.
there would only be a 1000 people there, and most would be too drunk to remember who won or too busy yelling epithets at james..
GIwasB4
4/23/2010 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2010 8:16pm
Yaya wrote:
I live in Alabama, and there is no way in hell a National would get to us. Our tracks are somewhat nice(I think) but the infrastructure...
BobbyM wrote:
there would only be a 1000 people there, and most would be too drunk to remember who won or too busy yelling epithets at james..
James doesn't race outdoors, really Myers............dork
BobbyM
4/23/2010 8:18pm
Yaya wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
GIwasB4 wrote:
mister myersdork to you asswipe
Shawn142
4/23/2010 8:38pm
need love wrote:
you guy's are just stupid, they were at talledega with RC. You guy's are looking for something that isn't there.
Either you're being sarcastic or it's like talking to a damn brick wall..

"With the NASCAR tour heading to Talladega this weekend, Ricky Carmichael flew over early to have a first-hand look at the Barber Motorsports Museum, the single most amazing collection of rare and historic motorcycles in the world (though our friends Gregg Primm and Terry Goode may have them covered when it comes to factory motocross bikes). It also gave RC a chance to tour the grounds and check out the long-discussed future home of what could be an amazing motocross track. Mark Barnett, himself a Hall of Fame motocross racer, was also there to tour the ground and check out the place. Together, the Bomber and the GOAT came up with some very good ideas. Stay tuned."

From Racerhead. Like I already said, READ RACERHEAD AND YOU'LL KNOW WTF IS GOING ON.
JB 19
4/23/2010 9:13pm
Yaya wrote:
Ever been to Mt Morris?
need love
4/23/2010 9:15pm
BobbyM wrote:
GIwasB4 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
mister myersdork to you asswipe
hey bobby if your at seattle i'll show you my tit's if you show me your stump.
redrider400
4/23/2010 10:01pm
Yaya wrote:
You are definitely right there. But, if they could, monster would be a great track and I think that it could hold a national with a few upgrades. Its my favorite track.

Post a reply to: Alabama National?!?!

The Latest