Airoh helmets - where to buy?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2015 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2015 8:37 AM

Who has the best deals on them? Looks like a lot of places are out of stock motosport, motorcycle superstore etc. Anyone ever purchase from the Airoh USA webstore? I'm looking into the white aviator 2.1.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, are they true to size? My 2 HJC's are large and fit great.

|

4/13/2015 6:48 AM

Ebay!

|

4/13/2015 7:26 AM

LeoVince was the distributor for the US however now it is SpeedMob - http://www.speedmob.com/Airoh/

|

4/13/2015 8:01 AM

service honda

|

4/13/2015 2:48 PM

BTO Sports!

|

4/13/2015 4:12 PM

Just called the distributor (SpeedMob) and they said they're on backorder for a little while.. couldn't get a firm eta but it sounds like at least 1-2 months right now. As for size, I got to try one out and I'm a MD in most every helmet, HJC being one, and a LG fit me pretty good. Every head is different though so it's a tough call on the size..

|

4/14/2015 6:14 AM

lamy962 wrote:

Just called the distributor (SpeedMob) and they said they're on backorder for a little while.. couldn't get a firm eta but it sounds like at least 1-2 months right now. As for size, I got to try one out and I'm a MD in most every helmet, HJC being one, and a LG fit me pretty good. Every head is different though so it's a tough call on the size..

Thanks for the info. No one has them in stock it's crazy. Even the airoh america website says they don't stock them and estimate 20-30 days shipped sad

|

4/14/2015 6:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2015 6:17 AM

lamy962 wrote:

ridinbeast932 wrote:

Thanks for the info. No one has them in stock it's crazy. Even the airoh america website says they don't stock them and estimate 20-30 days shipped sad

I had this same issue with shark back in 06-7. They kept saying 30 days then 30 days later they said another 30 days. I finally bought an M2R on clearance. Now I'm ready for a new lid again. Time to check the close out deals on the better lids.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

4/14/2015 7:20 AM

lamy962 wrote:

ridinbeast932 wrote:

Cygnus wrote:

I had this same issue with shark back in 06-7. They kept saying 30 days then 30 days later they said another 30 days. I finally bought an M2R on clearance. Now I'm ready for a new lid again. Time to check the close out deals on the better lids.

That's a good point. I don't want to be waiting on a new helmet half the season.

|

4/14/2015 10:15 AM

Fellow Marylander, shoot me a DM

|

Recovering JS7, PED, 2-stroke vs 4-stroke, Alessi, thread poster....

5/4/2015 6:40 AM

Just wanted to update this thread as others may find it useful! I ended up buying the aviator 2.1 valor from motordiscounter on ebay. Paid significantly less than I have seen this helmet listed for in all the US stores (which are out of stock). Shipping took about 2 wks, not bad for coming overseas!

-This thing is light, to state the obvious

-Came with a nice bag, visor extender, vent covers, and go pro mount

-Very compact. the chin guard is close to your face and the goggle window is fairly small

-Too small in fact to fit my 100%'s but my dragons worked fine

-Venting is top notch

-Great fitment. I wear a large and it was true to size

-The back of the helmet comes down a bit farther than my HJC did, limits movement if wearing a Leatt

-Quality as a whole is amazing!

Overall a great helmet and would highly suggest! Of course all my Shoei/Arai wearing friends are asking why I didn't get one of those but they had nothing to say when I said do some research on the Airoh. Don't knock a helmet you've never worn!

|

12/13/2015 4:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2015 4:33 PM

I just bought a 2016 Airoh. Had to be shipped from Italy.

Kinda bummed because I ordered a medium. I normally wear size SMALL helmets. It feels a little big. I prefer really snug fitting helmets. Everyone's reviews online have said that the Airoh stuff runs small so I figured I'd order a size big. I think I made a mistake. Too expensive to ship back to Italy.

Does anyone know how they do the sizing? Do they simply change the size of the padding inside or is the shell itself a different size?

I wish there was a American dealer that might be kind and let me exchange this helmet if I covered the shipping.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

Usage: Slang

12/13/2015 5:03 PM

Jabroni wrote:

I just bought a 2016 Airoh. Had to be shipped from Italy.

Kinda bummed because I ordered a medium. I normally wear size SMALL helmets. It feels a little big. I prefer really snug fitting helmets. Everyone's reviews online have said that the Airoh stuff runs small so I figured I'd order a size big. I think I made a mistake. Too expensive to ship back to Italy.

Does anyone know how they do the sizing? Do they simply change the size of the padding inside or is the shell itself a different size?

I wish there was a American dealer that might be kind and let me exchange this helmet if I covered the shipping.

Man, that's a bummer! I thought mine fit pretty true to size. I couldn't find anywhere in the U.S. that had them in stock to begin with so finding a place to exchange it may be difficult.

|

12/13/2015 5:21 PM

ridinbeast932 wrote:

Man, that's a bummer! I thought mine fit pretty true to size. I couldn't find anywhere in the U.S. that had them in stock to begin with so finding a place to exchange it may be difficult.

Yeah, it sucks. I had to wait about 6 weeks for this helmet as well. Gotta love Italian customs. I definitely wont be trying to send it back thru that mess.

My options are to order thicker padding (if they use the same size shell for all their models, not sure if they do)

or

Re-Order the smaller size and then list the size that doesnt fit as well on eBay for what I paid for it. Someone would surely buy it I would think.

|

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

12/13/2015 5:26 PM

I seem to recall reading that the S/M used one size shell and L/XL shared another. If so you should be able to just order the different liner.

|

12/13/2015 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2015 5:47 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

I seem to recall reading that the S/M used one size shell and L/XL shared another. If so you should be able to just order the different liner.

That's the info I was looking for. Thanks.

If I could call a local dealer I could confirm it. If not, I guess I'll have to brush up on my Italian and send a email. Merde!

|

12/13/2015 6:15 PM

Buy a JUST 1 Helmet...

Crazy light and great quality

|

12/13/2015 7:07 PM

brocsdad wrote:

Buy a JUST 1 Helmet...

I was going to. Until they cancelled the "Salvini" edition I had my heart set on.Photo

|

12/13/2015 7:12 PM

brocsdad wrote:

Buy a JUST 1 Helmet...

Jabroni wrote:

I was going to. Until they cancelled the "Salvini" edition I had my heart set on.Photo

We have been sponsored for the last year but some of new designs have not made their way to the states. They do have some new colorways coming out. I'm sure they will have something you will like.

|

12/13/2015 9:26 PM

I heard the guy the used to run #6 mxgp say he would never wear a Airoh if he had to pay for it.

|

Riding is Freedom, Freedom is Riding!

12/13/2015 9:43 PM

fox1nz wrote:

I heard the guy the used to run #6 mxgp say he would never wear a Airoh if he had to pay for it.

Maybe listen to the #1 MXGP guy?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

yea mate!

12/13/2015 9:52 PM

fox1nz wrote:

keith101 wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

He don't buy his either. CUSTOM.

|

Riding is Freedom, Freedom is Riding!

12/13/2015 10:00 PM

fox1nz wrote:

keith101 wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

fox1nz wrote:

no idea what the hell you are trying to communicate other than to bash a helmet brand. Give up already.

|

yea mate!

12/13/2015 10:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2015 10:34 PM

fox1nz wrote:

Lotsa concussions in relation to these ultra light helmets. There's no doubt about that. Ur MXGP buddy's sentiments aren't something I haven't heard/witnessed.

The Airoh's might not be the most protective, but I'm pretty happy with their build quality. No complaints there, I really like the quality of the product. They may not make for the safest MX helmet but I'm not buying this for the MX track.

And if safety is the ultimate concern, MX isn't your sport. Or do like me, ride within your limits.

|

12/13/2015 10:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2015 10:39 PM

keith101 wrote:

no idea what the hell you are trying to communicate other than to bash a helmet brand. Give up already.

If he's implying that Airoh's sacrifice safety for light weight, I would be inclined to agree with him.

If he's implying that the sponsored riders get a different quality of product than what is sold, I haven't seen that. But I might be wrong. Wouldn't be new to this sport. Nearly everything else the riders use is custom/works.

|

12/13/2015 10:41 PM

fox1nz wrote:

keith101 wrote:

Jabroni wrote:

If he's implying that Airoh's sacrifice safety for light weight, I would be inclined to agree with him.

If he's implying that the sponsored riders get a different quality of product than what is sold, I haven't seen that. But I might be wrong. Wouldn't be new to this sport. Nearly everything else the riders use is custom/works.

"One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard."
|

yea mate!

12/14/2015 6:59 AM

Ok....so.....I have a couple of Airoh helmets. If you order from overseas you get the ECE version that is not DOT approved. Do some research on the DOT testing procedure and determine if you feel comfortable with what you read. To import the into the US....they had to make the shell thicker in order to pass the DOT standards. The US version is slightly heavier than the European version. Just research the ECE, DOT thing and it sheds a lot of light on the problems with the protection standards. The European ECE version is designed light and with a softer shell for a reason.

|

12/14/2015 11:32 AM

Moto520 wrote:

Ok....so.....I have a couple of Airoh helmets. If you order from overseas you get the ECE version that is not DOT approved. Do some research on the DOT testing procedure and determine if you feel comfortable with what you read. To import the into the US....they had to make the shell thicker in order to pass the DOT standards. The US version is slightly heavier than the European version. Just research the ECE, DOT thing and it sheds a lot of light on the problems with the protection standards. The European ECE version is designed light and with a softer shell for a reason.

Thanks for that info. Good stuff. Ive personally only ever used/handled the Euro versions so I dont know the difference (heck, I didnt even know there was a difference).

I emailed Airoh and they did email me back immediately. They are very upfront about the ECE stuff.

Shells are the same size. It's the liner/padding that is different. So I'll just order new liner/padding. Crisis averted.

|

12/14/2015 12:35 PM

You guys really need to do your homework when it comes to concussions and the weight of helmets, think about the speed you are going and the whip effect when your head hits the ground, the more weight you have on your head the more Gs are going to transfer. Also there is no such thing as a helmet that will stop a concussion, it is from the way our brains are in our skull, when you have a sudden stop the brain still keeps going, many car racers have died from this and have never hit there head against anything inside the car. I for one on a dirt bike would want the lightest beast built helmet I could get, from my research the ECE is way ahead of DOT standards

|

12/14/2015 2:39 PM

Airoh has recently changed importers in the U.S. & there's a new model/model change going on.

I'll ask their race-rep what's up and I'll report back.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.