Airoh helmet sizing.

aroark247
I’m about to take a shot at an airoh. I have a small head for a grown adult. Normally I wear a small, in shoei, And am currently wearing an Arai size small that fits like a glove. (Not OJ’s glove) but I’ve had to wear a medium in Bell and Fox. For those (Euros) who have some experience with these brands, should I get Medium or small?
|
6/28/2020 7:28pm
I'm a small slim guy and got a pretty small head but I landed up getting a size large on the 2 Airoh helmets I bought and they were still on the tight side. Having said that it was a few years ago so maybe they've got their sizing dialled in now.

If you're going to buy online try some on at a dealer first.

Best helmets I ever had though, so light and well balanced you forget you're wearing them.

aroark247
6/28/2020 8:02pm
I'm a small slim guy and got a pretty small head but I landed up getting a size large on the 2 Airoh helmets I bought...
I'm a small slim guy and got a pretty small head but I landed up getting a size large on the 2 Airoh helmets I bought and they were still on the tight side. Having said that it was a few years ago so maybe they've got their sizing dialled in now.

If you're going to buy online try some on at a dealer first.

Best helmets I ever had though, so light and well balanced you forget you're wearing them.

I would but they do not sell them here in dealerships in the US
6/28/2020 8:16pm
I wore the Aviator 2.1 for a year. Both Larges I had fit like I expected. I was a large in multiple helmets but had to go up to XL in Bell. I would say get the small.
6/28/2020 8:23pm
Ok well I'd take a punt on a large if I were you and get it from somewhere you're confident of being able to exchange it.

For me the tightest part of an Airoh is the jaw area.

Hope that helps.

The Shop

crc245
6/28/2020 9:58pm
I wear medium in Shoei, Bell, 6D ATR-1 (which required tighter fitting cheek pads to feel 100%), and 6D ATR-2 (no optional size pads required) and recently purchased an Airoh Aviator 2.3; fit was most similar to the tighter feeling of the Shoei and was consistent sizing to the mediums I'm accustomed to. Good quality helmet and exceptionally light. Sticking with an ATR-2 for moto as it feels "safer" with more cushion but will use the Airoh for off-road and trail rides. Hope this helps!
navalseabee
6/29/2020 2:29am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2020 2:30am
I wear a medium in pretty much everything including the Aviator 2.2 I had for a fleeting moment. Fit was a bit snug at first compared to the Moto 9 I switched from, but broke in nicely.
Tuna
6/29/2020 4:39am
I wear a medium in Bell, Shoei, Suomy.
Airoh Aviator 2.2 in medium fits me perfect. One of the best fitting helmets I have personally run. You can always run different cheek pads to customize fit. Small and medium run the same shell.
rbm33
Fantasy
1947th
6/29/2020 6:22am
I wear a large in Arai and they fit me like a glove. I ordered a large Aairoh and it was tight in the cheeks, to tight actually and I ended up selling it. If i were to do it again i would go up a size or possibly stay the same size and order different cheek pads.
js451
7/1/2020 2:16am
I wear a large in a fox and just bought a large airoh and it is too tight in the cheeks. The head part fits perfect but I will for sure bite through my cheeks if I wear this. Going to have to remove some of the foam
Lynch
7/1/2020 5:06am
js451 wrote:
I wear a large in a fox and just bought a large airoh and it is too tight in the cheeks. The head part fits perfect...
I wear a large in a fox and just bought a large airoh and it is too tight in the cheeks. The head part fits perfect but I will for sure bite through my cheeks if I wear this. Going to have to remove some of the foam
Wait a few hours to let it shape after your cheeks! I think the same thing everytime I get a new Airoh and it ends up perfect after a few rides.
Tuna
7/1/2020 5:44am
js451 wrote:
I wear a large in a fox and just bought a large airoh and it is too tight in the cheeks. The head part fits perfect...
Do not remove the foam.
moto0852
7/1/2020 11:44am
It would be awesome to have a stateside source for these. They are awesome.
Tuna
7/1/2020 3:25pm
moto0852 wrote:
It would be awesome to have a stateside source for these. They are awesome.
Pretty easy to order from Europe or Canada. Blackfoot carries them. I got mine from 24MX but for some reason I believe they do not ship to the US. I paid $260 USD plus $12 shipping for my Aviator 2.2 when the new 2.3’s came out .

Post a reply to: Airoh helmet sizing.

The Latest