Airoh Aviators New Safety feature?

Lynch
8/6/2018 1:45am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 2:22am
Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more in 2019.

|
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1084th
8/6/2018 10:20am
AMSS? Sounds like some kind of fatal muscular or nerve disease. Laughing

"Hey Jeff, did you hear about Mike's wife? Poor thing has AMSS."
"No shit? Well, at least he'll have lots of time soon to go riding." Shocked
Motofinne
8/6/2018 10:24am
I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a "MIPS"-style feature without making the shell bigger.
fourfourone
8/6/2018 10:29am
always wanted to try one on, sucks they don't have any us dealers
Lynch
8/6/2018 11:38am
Motofinne wrote:
I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a...
I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a "MIPS"-style feature without making the shell bigger.
I have found they are small compared to just about any big helmet brand out there, I was about to order new helmets for next season when I got this info from my dealer. Will hold on until September (Official press release) and see what this is about. No helmet fits my head as good as Airoh and I will most likely go back to them even if the AMSS is a fluke.

The Shop

Lynch
8/6/2018 11:40am
always wanted to try one on, sucks they don't have any us dealers
Loved the ones I have had and currently want a couple of them again. What size are you in other brands? I have tried on almost every brand except the newest 6D.
Motofinne
8/6/2018 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 1:31pm
Motofinne wrote:
I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a...
Lynch wrote:
I have found they are small compared to just about any big helmet brand out there, I was about to order new helmets for next season...
I have found they are small compared to just about any big helmet brand out there, I was about to order new helmets for next season when I got this info from my dealer. Will hold on until September (Official press release) and see what this is about. No helmet fits my head as good as Airoh and I will most likely go back to them even if the AMSS is a fluke.
Yeah i just bought my first Aviator a few weeks ago. I had a couple of Stelth helmets when Airoh got popular about 10 years ago in Europe.

I got mine really, really cheap since it was a 2017 colorway. I do have to say that i like it! Incredibly light, 950 grams (you yanks should convert that 950g to lbs and your jaw will drop). The helmet ventilated very well and it is comfortable on my head.

I know there are people that are skeptical when it comes to Airoh and its safety. I'll trust it. A mate of mine that is a top 10 MX1 rider in Finland has ridden with the Aviator since it was released and he has crashed more than anyone i know and he is still alive, that is good enough for me to buy one.
Lynch
8/6/2018 10:11pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i just bought my first Aviator a few weeks ago. I had a couple of Stelth helmets when Airoh got popular about 10 years ago...
Yeah i just bought my first Aviator a few weeks ago. I had a couple of Stelth helmets when Airoh got popular about 10 years ago in Europe.

I got mine really, really cheap since it was a 2017 colorway. I do have to say that i like it! Incredibly light, 950 grams (you yanks should convert that 950g to lbs and your jaw will drop). The helmet ventilated very well and it is comfortable on my head.

I know there are people that are skeptical when it comes to Airoh and its safety. I'll trust it. A mate of mine that is a top 10 MX1 rider in Finland has ridden with the Aviator since it was released and he has crashed more than anyone i know and he is still alive, that is good enough for me to buy one.
If you wanna pass on the information where I can get them really cheap that would be great Woohoo I have always bought them straight from Italy via my dads company, that way I have been able to buy them for 250-350 euros per helmet depending on the colour ways.

I love them and so does a lot of people in Sweden, I know a couple of top dogs in Sweden that uses them and I have no doubt they are safe enough.
KTMsc
8/7/2018 6:36am
I was about to buy one until this thread, now I'll wait until the new model.
Also do Airbrakes fit these helmets?
8/7/2018 8:10am
KTMsc wrote:
I was about to buy one until this thread, now I'll wait until the new model.
Also do Airbrakes fit these helmets?
Herlings uses the Airoh with airbrake so yes.
Idp57
Fantasy
2571st
8/8/2018 11:47am
I use one and the Oakley’s Airbrake and Crowbar fits perfect .The most light and comfortable helmet that I have tried so far.
8/8/2018 8:01pm
Anyone know where to get extra padded inserts for the Airoh? Great helmet but no US distributors means no parts.
Lynch
8/10/2018 9:21am
Motofinne wrote:
I know what AMSS is now, dealer leaked the info Silly
Idp57
Fantasy
2571st
8/10/2018 9:23am
Lynch wrote:
Care to share?Smile
8/10/2018 10:11am
International shipping on the internet. Can get anything these days fellas!
Motofinne
8/10/2018 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 2:37pm
Motofinne wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Send me a PM here, IG or Twitter. I'll promise you, i wont put the info forward Cheerful To be fair, i could probably get the info from my dealer too... but its easier to ask you haha...
Lynch
8/12/2018 11:18pm
Motofinne wrote:
Send me a PM here, IG or Twitter. I'll promise you, i wont put the info forward :cheer: To be fair, i could probably get the...
Send me a PM here, IG or Twitter. I'll promise you, i wont put the info forward Cheerful To be fair, i could probably get the info from my dealer too... but its easier to ask you haha...
Slid into your dms on the gram Silly
make1go
8/13/2018 5:32am
the 2019 catalogue is avail to down l
MBR
8/13/2018 5:40am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 5:40am
AMSS is their version of MIPS. Two separate EPS layers divided with sliding surface to help reduce rotational forces on impact.
KTMsc
8/13/2018 8:24am
make1go wrote:
the 2019 catalogue is avail to down l
I can't seem to find it, link?
Moto96
8/13/2018 8:41am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 8:42am
All sounds great, but none of this seems to stop people from getting concussions.
I dont remember people getting concussions this much as the last 10 years of so called better helmets.

The rotational thing, even the old helmets my dad had did have some movement between the liner and shell, there was just no fancy name for it.
What is so much better today than say a Bell Moto 4?
8/13/2018 9:55am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 9:56am
Moto96 wrote:
All sounds great, but none of this seems to stop people from getting concussions. I dont remember people getting concussions this much as the last 10...
All sounds great, but none of this seems to stop people from getting concussions.
I dont remember people getting concussions this much as the last 10 years of so called better helmets.

The rotational thing, even the old helmets my dad had did have some movement between the liner and shell, there was just no fancy name for it.
What is so much better today than say a Bell Moto 4?
Many things are better in modern helmets than they were in a Moto4, but I'm still not sold on the new rotational force devices yet.

Here's a little reading : https://www.helmets.org/mips.htm
It is more about bicycle helmets but still apply to moto.
8/15/2018 11:32pm
Lynch wrote:
Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more...
Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more in 2019.

Wait just a gotdamned minute.
Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in said thread?
Thats almost next-level-stupid.
Huh
make1go
8/16/2018 12:12am
Lynch wrote:
Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more...

Wait just a gotdamned minute. Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in...
Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in said thread?
Huh
info was already avail before he started the thread, then got info somewhere else, then only pm'ed it to one guy.

hang on yor right...Silly
DoubleA
8/16/2018 12:48am
Lynch wrote:

Wait just a gotdamned minute. Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in...
Huh
make1go wrote:
info was already avail before he started the thread, then got info somewhere else, then only pm'ed it to one guy.

hang on yor right...Silly
MBR has posted what AMSS is.
Lynch
8/16/2018 2:22am
Huh
Sure did, as no one knew the answer until MBR revealed it. Same dealer that told me what it was also told me to not announce it publicly but that it was fine to share it with those interested in it Sideways

Post a reply to: Airoh Aviators New Safety feature?

The Latest