Airoh Aviators New Safety feature?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2018 1:45 AM

Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more in 2019.

Photo

|

8/6/2018 10:20 AM

AMSS? Sounds like some kind of fatal muscular or nerve disease. laughing

"Hey Jeff, did you hear about Mike's wife? Poor thing has AMSS."
"No shit? Well, at least he'll have lots of time soon to go riding." shocked

|

8/6/2018 10:24 AM

I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a "MIPS"-style feature without making the shell bigger.

|

8/6/2018 10:29 AM

always wanted to try one on, sucks they don't have any us dealers

|

8/6/2018 11:38 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a "MIPS"-style feature without making the shell bigger.

I have found they are small compared to just about any big helmet brand out there, I was about to order new helmets for next season when I got this info from my dealer. Will hold on until September (Official press release) and see what this is about. No helmet fits my head as good as Airoh and I will most likely go back to them even if the AMSS is a fluke.

|

8/6/2018 11:40 AM

fourfourone wrote:

always wanted to try one on, sucks they don't have any us dealers

Loved the ones I have had and currently want a couple of them again. What size are you in other brands? I have tried on almost every brand except the newest 6D.

|

8/6/2018 1:19 PM

fox and TLD im an XL

|

8/6/2018 1:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2018 1:31 PM

Motofinne wrote:

I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a "MIPS"-style feature without making the shell bigger.

Lynch wrote:

I have found they are small compared to just about any big helmet brand out there, I was about to order new helmets for next season when I got this info from my dealer. Will hold on until September (Official press release) and see what this is about. No helmet fits my head as good as Airoh and I will most likely go back to them even if the AMSS is a fluke.

Yeah i just bought my first Aviator a few weeks ago. I had a couple of Stelth helmets when Airoh got popular about 10 years ago in Europe.

I got mine really, really cheap since it was a 2017 colorway. I do have to say that i like it! Incredibly light, 950 grams (you yanks should convert that 950g to lbs and your jaw will drop). The helmet ventilated very well and it is comfortable on my head.

I know there are people that are skeptical when it comes to Airoh and its safety. I'll trust it. A mate of mine that is a top 10 MX1 rider in Finland has ridden with the Aviator since it was released and he has crashed more than anyone i know and he is still alive, that is good enough for me to buy one.

|

8/6/2018 10:11 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Yeah i just bought my first Aviator a few weeks ago. I had a couple of Stelth helmets when Airoh got popular about 10 years ago in Europe.

I got mine really, really cheap since it was a 2017 colorway. I do have to say that i like it! Incredibly light, 950 grams (you yanks should convert that 950g to lbs and your jaw will drop). The helmet ventilated very well and it is comfortable on my head.

I know there are people that are skeptical when it comes to Airoh and its safety. I'll trust it. A mate of mine that is a top 10 MX1 rider in Finland has ridden with the Aviator since it was released and he has crashed more than anyone i know and he is still alive, that is good enough for me to buy one.

If you wanna pass on the information where I can get them really cheap that would be great w00t I have always bought them straight from Italy via my dads company, that way I have been able to buy them for 250-350 euros per helmet depending on the colour ways.

I love them and so does a lot of people in Sweden, I know a couple of top dogs in Sweden that uses them and I have no doubt they are safe enough.

|

8/6/2018 10:16 PM

|

8/7/2018 6:36 AM

I was about to buy one until this thread, now I'll wait until the new model.
Also do Airbrakes fit these helmets?

|

8/7/2018 8:10 AM

KTMsc wrote:

I was about to buy one until this thread, now I'll wait until the new model.
Also do Airbrakes fit these helmets?

Herlings uses the Airoh with airbrake so yes.

|

8/8/2018 11:47 AM

I use one and the Oakley’s Airbrake and Crowbar fits perfect .The most light and comfortable helmet that I have tried so far.

|

8/8/2018 8:01 PM

Anyone know where to get extra padded inserts for the Airoh? Great helmet but no US distributors means no parts.

|

8/10/2018 9:21 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a "MIPS"-style feature without making the shell bigger.

I know what AMSS is now, dealer leaked the info silly

|

8/10/2018 9:23 AM

Lynch wrote:

I know what AMSS is now, dealer leaked the info silly

Care to share?smile

|

8/10/2018 10:11 AM

International shipping on the internet. Can get anything these days fellas!

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/10/2018 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2018 2:37 PM

Motofinne wrote:

I wonder what it is. The Airoh shell is really small(contrary to 6D and their huge shell), it's probably difficult to integrate something that isn't a "MIPS"-style feature without making the shell bigger.

Lynch wrote:

I know what AMSS is now, dealer leaked the info silly

Send me a PM here, IG or Twitter. I'll promise you, i wont put the info forward cheerful To be fair, i could probably get the info from my dealer too... but its easier to ask you haha...

|

8/12/2018 11:18 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Send me a PM here, IG or Twitter. I'll promise you, i wont put the info forward cheerful To be fair, i could probably get the info from my dealer too... but its easier to ask you haha...

Slid into your dms on the gram silly

|

8/13/2018 5:32 AM

the 2019 catalogue is avail to down l

|

8/13/2018 5:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 5:40 AM

AMSS is their version of MIPS. Two separate EPS layers divided with sliding surface to help reduce rotational forces on impact.

|

8/13/2018 8:24 AM

make1go wrote:

the 2019 catalogue is avail to down l

I can't seem to find it, link?

|

8/13/2018 8:38 AM

make1go wrote:

the 2019 catalogue is avail to down l

KTMsc wrote:

I can't seem to find it, link?

http://www.motocrossplanet.eu/airoh2019.pdf

|

8/13/2018 8:40 AM

make1go wrote:

the 2019 catalogue is avail to down l

KTMsc wrote:

I can't seem to find it, link?

Thank you

|

8/13/2018 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 8:42 AM

All sounds great, but none of this seems to stop people from getting concussions.
I dont remember people getting concussions this much as the last 10 years of so called better helmets.

The rotational thing, even the old helmets my dad had did have some movement between the liner and shell, there was just no fancy name for it.
What is so much better today than say a Bell Moto 4?

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

8/13/2018 9:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 9:56 AM

Moto96 wrote:

All sounds great, but none of this seems to stop people from getting concussions.
I dont remember people getting concussions this much as the last 10 years of so called better helmets.

The rotational thing, even the old helmets my dad had did have some movement between the liner and shell, there was just no fancy name for it.
What is so much better today than say a Bell Moto 4?

Many things are better in modern helmets than they were in a Moto4, but I'm still not sold on the new rotational force devices yet.

Here's a little reading : https://www.helmets.org/mips.htm
It is more about bicycle helmets but still apply to moto.

|

8/15/2018 11:32 PM

Lynch wrote:

Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more in 2019.

Photo

Wait just a gotdamned minute.
Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in said thread?
Thats almost next-level-stupid.
wassat

|

8/16/2018 12:12 AM

Lynch wrote:

Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more in 2019.

Photo

Excracingteam.com wrote:

Wait just a gotdamned minute.
Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in said thread?
Thats almost next-level-stupid.
wassat

info was already avail before he started the thread, then got info somewhere else, then only pm'ed it to one guy.

hang on yor right...silly

|

8/16/2018 12:48 AM

Lynch wrote:

Weird way to start a topic but has anyone heard about AMSS? Got a pdf from my dealer as they are going to push Airoh more in 2019.

Photo

Excracingteam.com wrote:

Wait just a gotdamned minute.
Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in said thread?
Thats almost next-level-stupid.
wassat

make1go wrote:

info was already avail before he started the thread, then got info somewhere else, then only pm'ed it to one guy.

hang on yor right...silly

MBR has posted what AMSS is.

|

8/16/2018 2:22 AM

Excracingteam.com wrote:

Wait just a gotdamned minute.
Did you start a thread, asking a question, and later when you find out the answer, you don't post it in said thread?
Thats almost next-level-stupid.
wassat

Sure did, as no one knew the answer until MBR revealed it. Same dealer that told me what it was also told me to not announce it publicly but that it was fine to share it with those interested in it sideways

|