Airoh Ace helmet

yz133rider
1/23/2021 8:25am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2021 4:17am
Any euro friends on here with experience with this brand and this model helmet? They are reasonably priced and appear to be high end for the price. Wondering any feedback on the safety and quality of them.
|
Motofinne
1/23/2021 8:30am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2021 9:32am
Good helmet. It's basically the old Aviator 2.2 which was their top of the line helmet a few years ago before the Aviator 2.3 and now the Aviator 3.

But it lacks any rotational impact system. Many other helmets in that mid range has MIPS or something similar. The biggest USP for the Ace is the low weight, 1040g +-50g.

Edit: Like Tuna mentioned below, the Ace has its own rotational impact system with the mesh netting. I forgot that.
Tuna
1/23/2021 8:44am
yz133rider wrote:
Any euro friends on here with experience with this brand and this model helmet? They are reasonably priced and appear to be high end for the...
Any euro friends on here with experience with this brand and this model helmet? They are reasonably priced and appear to be high end for the price. Wondering any feedback on the safety and quality of them.
I have 2 as well as a Aviator 2.2.
Bought all of them off 24MX. Love them. As mentioned above no MIPS style feature like the new 2.3 but the Ace has a mesh netting system built into the helmet that is supposed to help reduce impact force.
I paid $260 US for my 2.2 and $300 For my Aces.
yz133rider
1/23/2021 8:47am
It sounded like the asn feature they have added some give similar to mips style safety.

Tuna
1/23/2021 8:56am
yz133rider wrote:
It sounded like the asn feature they have added some give similar to mips style safety.

It is.

The Shop

yz133rider
1/23/2021 9:11am
Awesome I might give it a shot. It’s between that and the fly formula. Seems like the airoh is about a half pound lighter which is pretty substantial and the fly is on the lighter end of the market as it is from what I can tell.
Tuna
1/23/2021 10:00am
yz133rider wrote:
Awesome I might give it a shot. It’s between that and the fly formula. Seems like the airoh is about a half pound lighter which is...
Awesome I might give it a shot. It’s between that and the fly formula. Seems like the airoh is about a half pound lighter which is pretty substantial and the fly is on the lighter end of the market as it is from what I can tell.
Airoh is lighter but it seems the Formula has more safety features. Where would you order your Airoh from?
Tuna
1/23/2021 3:14pm
BTW, Airoh just released their new Aviator 3. The helmet is heavier but has some new tech and features and meets the new ECE standard.
detour174
1/24/2021 6:10am
Here's mine I bought it from chrome burner got it in a week I'm in Ohio very lite helmet coming from arai I would buy another no problem .
Tuna
1/24/2021 6:48am
detour174 wrote:
Here's mine I bought it from chrome burner got it in a week I'm in Ohio very lite helmet coming from arai I would buy another...
Here's mine I bought it from chrome burner got it in a week I'm in Ohio very lite helmet coming from arai I would buy another no problem .
Prices are fairly high, too bad 24MX does not deliver to the US.
Greg #49
1/24/2021 10:02am
Tuna,
Are you getting hit with customs charges or brokerage at the door when you order gear from 24MX ?
Shiny_Shu
1/24/2021 10:15am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 10:19am
I've been wearing Airoh since 2012. I'm from Texas, so it's kind of a pain getting them to my door. Usually it takes about a week or a bit more, but the last one I got was held up in US customs for a couple months before it was finally delivered. But I like them so much it's worth the patience. I am going to be buying the Ace model very soon, I can't wait to try it out! I also order through Chrome Burner. It still really bums me out no body in America stocks Airoh helmets..
Tuna
1/24/2021 12:25pm
Greg #49 wrote:
Tuna,
Are you getting hit with customs charges or brokerage at the door when you order gear from 24MX ?
I only pay tax plus the DHL brokerage fee which is usually $10 to $15. First helmet I ordered from them they didn’t even charge tax. I order quite a lot from the site. Cheaper to get stuff from Europe right now than the US. $16 shipping from them for a helmet. USPS from the US to Canada is over $60.
Tuna
1/24/2021 12:27pm
Shiny_Shu wrote:
I've been wearing Airoh since 2012. I'm from Texas, so it's kind of a pain getting them to my door. Usually it takes about a week...
I've been wearing Airoh since 2012. I'm from Texas, so it's kind of a pain getting them to my door. Usually it takes about a week or a bit more, but the last one I got was held up in US customs for a couple months before it was finally delivered. But I like them so much it's worth the patience. I am going to be buying the Ace model very soon, I can't wait to try it out! I also order through Chrome Burner. It still really bums me out no body in America stocks Airoh helmets..
Blackfoot in Alberta carries them. They are not cheap. Not the US but a Canadian option if you don’t want to order from Europe.
XC706
Fantasy
841st
1/24/2021 7:38pm
Shiny_Shu wrote:
I've been wearing Airoh since 2012. I'm from Texas, so it's kind of a pain getting them to my door. Usually it takes about a week...
Tuna wrote:
Blackfoot in Alberta carries them. They are not cheap. Not the US but a Canadian option if you don’t want to order from Europe.
Just clarify, Blackfoot Motosports has not carried Airoh for a couple of years now. Blackfoot Direct ( separate company/building) has a good stock of Airoh's and is a good source for NA.
Tuna
1/25/2021 4:08am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2021 4:17am
Shiny_Shu wrote:
Tuna wrote:
XC706 wrote:
Just clarify, Blackfoot Motosports has not carried Airoh for a couple of years now. Blackfoot Direct ( separate company/building) has a good stock of Airoh's and...
Just clarify, Blackfoot Motosports has not carried Airoh for a couple of years now. Blackfoot Direct ( separate company/building) has a good stock of Airoh's and is a good source for NA.
I’m talking about BFD.
Same organization and owners.
They don’t have much stock at all. They are still selling the 2.2. No Aviator Ace.
If you live in Canada you’d be foolish to not order from 24MX. I paid $260 US for my 2.2 and $300 for my Aces.
Tuna
1/25/2021 4:10am
Moto728
Fantasy
3537th
8/14/2023 10:23pm

Does any one know if the Aviator Ace Visor (aka “peak” ) screws are the same as the Aviator 3 visor screws?

My Ace visor screw tops snapped off just trying to tighten them. The only place to buy them looks like either chrome burner or some italian place that says they wont ship for 20 days (borderline scammy)… 

I’ve had other Airohs, Arai, 6D, Troy Lee, Shoei and don't like any of them as well as the good ole Ace. It’s as light as the MX Jump from Suomy and seemed like better quality til the visor screw tops just broke off tightening them to a normal tension… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Moto728
Fantasy
3537th
8/14/2023 10:28pm

I have a brand new Ace I havent even unwrapped it yet. But if they dont sell the visor screws thats pretty lame. Only option we have in the US for those screws may be to lazer print them at the fab shop I guess. Seems idiotic to sell the visors but no screws if the screws break easier than the visor does. 

swordfish
8/15/2023 3:23am
Moto728 wrote:
I have a brand new Ace I havent even unwrapped it yet. But if they dont sell the visor screws thats pretty lame. Only option we...

I have a brand new Ace I havent even unwrapped it yet. But if they dont sell the visor screws thats pretty lame. Only option we have in the US for those screws may be to lazer print them at the fab shop I guess. Seems idiotic to sell the visors but no screws if the screws break easier than the visor does. 

Find another visor screw from a different helmet and try it. 

Spoonguy
8/15/2023 4:11am

Great helmets, all I've ever worn. Super light. My wife and I have owned half a dozen or more over the years. Chromeburner is a good source, Burnout Italy as well, shipping is no sweat.

Richy
8/15/2023 4:57am

At least from a purely visual standpoint they looks similar to the Just1 visor screws and they're both Euro brands, so maybe worth a try if you can get hold of those.

You'd assume a lot of visor screws would be a bog standard M6 thread or similar though.

Lynch
8/15/2023 6:51am
Moto728 wrote:
Does any one know if the Aviator Ace Visor (aka “peak” ) screws are the same as the Aviator 3 visor screws? My Ace visor screw...

Does any one know if the Aviator Ace Visor (aka “peak” ) screws are the same as the Aviator 3 visor screws?

My Ace visor screw tops snapped off just trying to tighten them. The only place to buy them looks like either chrome burner or some italian place that says they wont ship for 20 days (borderline scammy)… 

I’ve had other Airohs, Arai, 6D, Troy Lee, Shoei and don't like any of them as well as the good ole Ace. It’s as light as the MX Jump from Suomy and seemed like better quality til the visor screw tops just broke off tightening them to a normal tension… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can check when I get home later this week.

Regarding the screws snapping off, same has happened to me with the Aviator 3's. Once on the startgate before a rain moto Sideways

Moto728
Fantasy
3537th
8/15/2023 2:26pm

Yah, I really gotta use the lightest Moto helmet possible. I have a nerve pinch issue in my neck that always turns into a problem when I wear bigger heavier helmets at the motocross track. 6D’s Arias and the new gigantic bobble head Airoh helmets cause me to get a Crickens Neck if I ride more than 2 days in a row with them. With the Airoh Ace or Suomy  MX Jump I never have a single problem with stiff necks after riding, even when I ride 3 days in a row. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I will always buy the lightest legit MX helmet for that reason. I even buy them in bulk (2 to 3 at a time) every other year just in case they decide to stop making them. 

If they ever quit making light helmets I’d even be tempted to just use a MTB helmet instead. 🤡 

Rotaholic
8/15/2023 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2023 2:54pm

Absolutely love my Ace, if you're not to concerned about being able to adjust the screws with your fingers, any metric screw that is the same pitch and id should work, I would try computer shops as they have really good array of mounting screw that hold motherboards on etc

neverwas
Fantasy
868th
8/15/2023 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2023 7:07pm

Super light and the venting is great.I have neck problems ,so light weight is a must, I also have the open face version for when I'm on trials bikes.

​​​​​​Bought from Motostorm  In Italy, showed at my house in a week.

Pop Shmoke
8/15/2023 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2023 7:17pm
yz133rider wrote:
Any euro friends on here with experience with this brand and this model helmet? They are reasonably priced and appear to be high end for the...

Go for the airoh wraap. They look exactly the same as the new aviator 3, but theyre only $106 vs $450 for the ace which is an old design. Unbeatable deal. 

Its really cool that they now give you the nice style of their premium helmet but made with less expensive materials so they can sell it at a muuuuch lower price point. In previous years in order to get a cheaper helmet you had to go with one of their noticeably crappier and cheaper looking helmets that looked completely different. Now you get the same premium look as the aviator helmet in a cheaper package. Smart move, theyre gonna sell them like hot cakes. 

Post a reply to: Airoh Ace helmet

The Latest