AirDog - Self Moto Photographer..

Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2015 9:53am
I'm on the pre-order. Ha ha, people are going to shit when they see this with me at the moto track. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqO19Os12BI
|
5/5/2015 9:11am
Cool deal.

I guess you can set the altitude. I can't see any track allowing it though, what about they guy following you over a jump?
Cygnus
5/5/2015 9:15am
I'll allow them at my track. Just have to do some testing with someone first.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
5/5/2015 9:19am
There is another player in the market. These run $1200.00. The airdog is 1200 as well. I picked the airdog because it's a quad and the wristband makes it more versital. Cool Cyg, I will let give you a heads up.

https://hexoplus.com/

The Shop

peelout
5/5/2015 9:23am
i'd love to have one of these for the single-track mountain trails i ride. there is some serious elevation and cliff-sides that i ride that would be killer to view with one of these
5/5/2015 9:27am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 9:28am
Cygnus wrote:
Alright you got me there, I should have said the attorney of any track owner whose track holds regular races by paying customers would not be happy with it.

Am I getting closer?
Grieby54
5/5/2015 9:29am
Does it know to avoid things like power lines, trees, etc...?
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
5/5/2015 9:33am
I don't believe so Grieby. I still want one though!!!!
SEE ARE125
5/5/2015 9:38am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 9:39am
Ok that's pretty badass! I noticed when he did a donut the drone did a donut, too. Would be some shit if you and a buddy both had one and you put a solid blockpass on your buddy in a corner and your drone also punted his drone. haha
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
5/5/2015 9:50am
Grieby54 wrote:
Not in the specs. But I would think no. This simply sets a length and height from your point of reference on your wrist. GPS doesn't work in the trees very well anyway. The next generation is adding sonar or "" lasers "" for measuring hitting objects, but my guess is couple more years for that technology.
Cygnus
5/5/2015 10:02am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 10:03am
Cygnus wrote:
Alright you got me there, I should have said the attorney of any track owner whose track holds regular races by paying customers would not be...
Alright you got me there, I should have said the attorney of any track owner whose track holds regular races by paying customers would not be happy with it.

Am I getting closer?
I have had a good spring actually an am finally considering hosting a couple races now that the economy has come back some. What does that have to do with a drone following a rider around. Do you really think someone is going to jump high enough to hit it? Pfftt.
5/5/2015 10:21am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 10:42am
Cygnus wrote:
Alright you got me there, I should have said the attorney of any track owner whose track holds regular races by paying customers would not be...

Am I getting closer?
Cygnus wrote:
I have had a good spring actually an am finally considering hosting a couple races now that the economy has come back some. What does that...
I have had a good spring actually an am finally considering hosting a couple races now that the economy has come back some. What does that have to do with a drone following a rider around. Do you really think someone is going to jump high enough to hit it? Pfftt.
Cool deal, I like it as well.

I have no idea of the heights reached off of the jumps on your track. It appeared to me that there was points in the video where the drone was at a distance from the ground that could be obatained while jumping a motorcycle.

Edit - Just so you know, I wasn't trying to insult you about the paying customers and regular races deal. Just merely trying to point out that any attorney of a track owner would probably advise their client to not allow these during a race.

Good luck with the continued success of your track. If I get a chance to be in the area and have my bike with me I would love to check it out.
Cygnus
5/5/2015 10:48am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 10:52am
Here is a go pro of the track. It's fun and maybe 30ft high as far as air. The triple maybe 35 but none of us jumped it in the video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Gcch9M24c

As far as running one during a race I think maybe a RC drone would be safer in that aspect. I'll have to ask my lawyer what he thinks.
5/5/2015 11:08am
Im I the only one that finds drone footage really boring! Go pro footage in general is crap unless you are following super close to a rider, then you put the camera 30 foot in the air and its no better. I like the idea but the drone needs to be a lot closer to the rider for cool footage.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
5/5/2015 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2015 2:02pm
Im I the only one that finds drone footage really boring! Go pro footage in general is crap unless you are following super close to a...
Im I the only one that finds drone footage really boring! Go pro footage in general is crap unless you are following super close to a rider, then you put the camera 30 foot in the air and its no better. I like the idea but the drone needs to be a lot closer to the rider for cool footage.
Drones excel with scenery period. So off the starting line is good following people into a turn, free riding ridges and hill climbs with scenery in the background. Etc.. I agree there is some videos posted that are static and of a 5 minute video have a only a few good shots.
Spartacus
5/19/2015 2:01pm
I want one to follow my bird dogs while they hunt/point.
huck
5/19/2015 2:07pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
Soon as I post this, seems bunch of different ones coming out. This one priced at $519 for pre-order. This is even more bitchin, throw and...
Soon as I post this, seems bunch of different ones coming out. This one priced at $519 for pre-order. This is even more bitchin, throw and film. But no gimbal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg
Only 20 minutes fly time isn't very long. but for $500, that's freaking awesome!
5/20/2015 10:09am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Ok that's pretty badass! I noticed when he did a donut the drone did a donut, too. Would be some shit if you and a buddy...
Ok that's pretty badass! I noticed when he did a donut the drone did a donut, too. Would be some shit if you and a buddy both had one and you put a solid blockpass on your buddy in a corner and your drone also punted his drone. haha
This.
5/20/2015 10:25am
Moto_Geek wrote:
Soon as I post this, seems bunch of different ones coming out. This one priced at $519 for pre-order. This is even more bitchin, throw and...
Soon as I post this, seems bunch of different ones coming out. This one priced at $519 for pre-order. This is even more bitchin, throw and film. But no gimbal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg
That's the one I was going to post. Looks pretty cool. Not sure if it's a positive or negative that you can't use your own camera.
https://www.lily.camera/
Old-Man
5/26/2015 9:35am
Grieby54 wrote:
looks like that Lilly does, He threw it up right at the chair lift and when it came alive it pulled away as if it knew it was around a hazard
tprice07
5/26/2015 9:53am
Grieby54 wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
looks like that Lilly does, He threw it up right at the chair lift and when it came alive it pulled away as if it knew...
looks like that Lilly does, He threw it up right at the chair lift and when it came alive it pulled away as if it knew it was around a hazard
I wonder if these drones have fear? For instance when you put the drone in danger and it senses that it needs to move away...is it in fact scared??

Post a reply to: AirDog - Self Moto Photographer..

The Latest