Ahem. About that Southwick date change...

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Due to the rapid de-escalation of Covid restrictions, it sounds like July 10 is now the new date for the Southwick National.

Yes, it has its plusses and minuses. While a back-to-back Southwick and Unadilla are awesome for the fans and competitors, it's not so hot for the promoters, who'd both feel it when fans have limited resources and have to pick one or the other.

But a string of six straight races (for the competitors) at the end of the season would also be a bit rough.
|
motomike137
5/19/2021 2:18pm
GuyB wrote:
Due to the rapid de-escalation of Covid restrictions, it sounds like July 10 is now the new date for the Southwick National. Yes, it has its...
Due to the rapid de-escalation of Covid restrictions, it sounds like July 10 is now the new date for the Southwick National.

Yes, it has its plusses and minuses. While a back-to-back Southwick and Unadilla are awesome for the fans and competitors, it's not so hot for the promoters, who'd both feel it when fans have limited resources and have to pick one or the other.

But a string of six straight races (for the competitors) at the end of the season would also be a bit rough.
Fans are too damn pampered these days. Back in my day we'd have survived on bologna sandwiches and piled in my brothers Chevette and made it to both no matter what. We'd have been geeked to go to two straight Nats in a 8 day span!
milamcreek
5/19/2021 3:01pm
If you build it they will come.
People will show to both rounds. This is outdoor Mx.
Have some flipping faith in the fans. We will be attending Southwick if that is the date. Dilla is always well attended
musrat88
5/19/2021 4:15pm
There are gonna be big crowds of crazy fans finally able to go out and have some fun with this covid crap getting under control. Also people have all that unemployment money they have been collecting to spend.

The Shop

mica.lagross
Fantasy
2297th
5/19/2021 4:52pm
GuyB wrote:
Due to the rapid de-escalation of Covid restrictions, it sounds like July 10 is now the new date for the Southwick National. Yes, it has its...

Perfect, right during my vacation!
orange_44
5/19/2021 5:06pm
For anyone considering standing under 480Phil's EZ-Up, bring cash or go pound sand
How is Phil? Heard on pulp a while back that he had a nasty crash
Dutch348
5/19/2021 6:59pm
Fans are too damn pampered these days. Back in my day we'd have survived on bologna sandwiches and piled in my brothers Chevette and made it...
Fans are too damn pampered these days. Back in my day we'd have survived on bologna sandwiches and piled in my brothers Chevette and made it to both no matter what. We'd have been geeked to go to two straight Nats in a 8 day span!
I remember this one time at Glen Helen this drunk dude was descending Mt St. Helens after the motos. He slipped and fell down a cliff, did a couple summeraults, landed on his feet with dust caked onto his face/teeth and the whole crowd cheered. One of the best things I’ve seen. I miss GH.
kardy
5/19/2021 7:31pm
GuyB wrote:

Boooo.
Crossup
5/19/2021 7:43pm
Not sure why they are pushing it out to July 10th. The governor of Massachusetts came out this week and said that the state is open and unmasked as of Saturday May 29th!
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
5/19/2021 7:46pm
Just bring on the outdoors!! I can’t wait and will take whatever schedule is best for everyone.
Dan_Linke
5/19/2021 8:01pm
am i missing something? unadilla is august 14th and southwick would be july 10th. with washougal in between. so they wouldn’t be back to back races or weekends.
5/19/2021 8:03pm
Dan_Linke wrote:
am i missing something? unadilla is august 14th and southwick would be july 10th. with washougal in between. so they wouldn’t be back to back races...
am i missing something? unadilla is august 14th and southwick would be july 10th. with washougal in between. so they wouldn’t be back to back races or weekends.
I was just going to post this.
milamcreek
5/19/2021 8:35pm
Dan_Linke wrote:
am i missing something? unadilla is august 14th and southwick would be july 10th. with washougal in between. so they wouldn’t be back to back races...
You are correct my brother. Would like to lock in tickets soon for the wick.
mxracer666
5/19/2021 9:53pm
Fans are too damn pampered these days. Back in my day we'd have survived on bologna sandwiches and piled in my brothers Chevette and made it...
Dutch348 wrote:
I remember this one time at Glen Helen this drunk dude was descending Mt St. Helens after the motos. He slipped and fell down a cliff...
I remember this one time at Glen Helen this drunk dude was descending Mt St. Helens after the motos. He slipped and fell down a cliff, did a couple summeraults, landed on his feet with dust caked onto his face/teeth and the whole crowd cheered. One of the best things I’ve seen. I miss GH.
I remember this one year at Glen Helen....this drunk dude following his friends thru a concrete tunnel - each of his friends ducked down to clear the concrete and he didn't. Hit his head so hard on the concrete edge he split his forehead open - blood everywhere! It literally sounded like a watermelon splitting open! He didn't say anything. Just stood there for a FULL MINUTE holding his forehead. Then said "FUUUUUCCCCK" and looked at us and laughed, and staggered off. My group of friends still laugh about this 20 years later! :-) Lets hear everyone's "drunk Glen Helen dudes" story's! LOL!
DC
5/20/2021 8:36am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2021 8:36am
Dan_Linke wrote:
Southwick was going to be moved to August 7, but now it's going to be run earlier.

DC
Racer X
ACBailey89
Fantasy
2563rd
5/20/2021 9:20am
I think from what I’m gathering is it’s not going to be a back to back southwick and unadilla. Therefore gives fans more time to see both of them.
Joko
Fantasy
190th
5/20/2021 9:32am
How many fans are they going to limit it to? Or no limit?

Post a reply to: Ahem. About that Southwick date change...

The Latest