Age 49 and up opinions here only please. HELP

vetmxr
2/26/2018 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 8:59am
I can't seem to stop doing young guy things, and my body is about done. Looking for tips here please.

Super ADHD

ride and race every chance I get

pickup basketball on wednesdays

Try to lift weights twice a week

I still take stupid chances in traffic and always speed

I will still punch a guy in the cock sucker for running his mouth too much

I assume young women still want me

I still get shitfaced hammered way more than I should

At the age of 50, I'm actually thinking about taking up boxing, because I've always wanted to try it......

I still think I'm 20, but my body is shutting down, my joints are screwed and limit me like crazy. Any ideas of how I can get these feelings out of my head and become 'mature'.......I'm scared to death of being a young man in an old mans body......torture........Tongue

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
2/26/2018 6:16pm
PEDS should help keep you young lol.

No idea man. You have one life, live it the way you want.
FahQ
2/26/2018 6:17pm
Get out of my head, stop telling everyone what I'm thinking!
newmann
2/26/2018 6:19pm
I thought when the kids were grown and gone I would have a bunch of free time. Now I wonder how in the hell I used to keep a half dozen bikes race ready at all times a decade ago. #52andtired
TeamGreen
2/26/2018 6:24pm
54 and still ridin'.

Just keep on keepin' on.

The Shop

make1go
2/26/2018 6:29pm
Since the age of 43 im in reverse mentally, in few years ill be 25 again and im going to huck triples.
I wont however become a milen, gen-x till death..
Whisky and a massage chair are my key ..the massage chair takes care of my back the whisky everything else...

Clipped the tree on the left, x marks the spot where i landed. It hurt... i had very good protection on, i was riding a few days later..
vetmxr
2/26/2018 6:29pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
PEDS should help keep you young lol.

No idea man. You have one life, live it the way you want.
I think about those wayyyy more than I should......
Plugga
2/26/2018 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 6:31pm
You just explained me to a tee. Just keep rolling brother!

Shame about the body decay though. Look out for sciatica & gout!

Hey, who cares as long as your old boy still works!
H4L
2/26/2018 6:33pm
Just turned the half century mark last year. For me the key has been keeping a balance of trying to eat healthy & exercise. The mind is always willing, but the body isn't. Sometimes I listen to what my body is telling me...
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
2/26/2018 6:42pm
newmann wrote:
I thought when the kids were grown and gone I would have a bunch of free time. Now I wonder how in the hell I used...
I thought when the kids were grown and gone I would have a bunch of free time. Now I wonder how in the hell I used to keep a half dozen bikes race ready at all times a decade ago. #52andtired
I hear that !! Lol
Superdave19
2/26/2018 6:50pm
Age is just a number- Had to make myself back it down a notch, but like you, the body will only take so much.

Eat clean, or at least pick and choose your battles at the table. I've found that this, along with tons of cardio and a wee bit of crossfit helps.

If feel 30.. about 5 hrs out of the week LoL
mb60
2/26/2018 6:50pm
49 and still riding. If your body can take it continue on. Age is just a number until you physically can't take it anymore.
SwingHard
2/26/2018 6:56pm
53,this and lots of stretching!

GarySemics
2/26/2018 6:57pm
I can understand you want to keep doing what you like to do but thinking ur still young and even pulling young chicks, come on dude, they are looking at u like a grandpa, we all have to face reality! I know as I will be 64 this May. I'm still able to do all the things I like, mx, cycling, working out and having fun. But I had to learn how to take care and know my limits. Hope u accept where u are in life and have fun!
Ebs
2/26/2018 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 7:08pm
Laird on it...

[youtube]watch?v=opk96XTyRXk[/youtube]
bigmaico
2/26/2018 7:07pm
What a bunch of whiny ass snot nosed kids!

Try being 62 with 3 compressed veritebre in your back & still go out & do Moto!

I'll even still jump on the Vintage bike once in a great while, you just have to exercise & stretch to stay sort of limber.

It's a mind set, if you don't mind it don't matter! I guess I'm use to being busted & bruised up from my days as a Fire Fighter\Paramedic.

Just keep doing what your doing & enjoy it! If your getting scared all the time, then it's time to quit.
jeffro503
2/26/2018 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 7:18pm
vetmxr wrote:
I can't seem to stop doing young guy things, and my body is about done. Looking for tips here please. Super ADHD ride and race every...
I can't seem to stop doing young guy things, and my body is about done. Looking for tips here please.

Super ADHD

ride and race every chance I get

pickup basketball on wednesdays

Try to lift weights twice a week

I still take stupid chances in traffic and always speed

I will still punch a guy in the cock sucker for running his mouth too much

I assume young women still want me

I still get shitfaced hammered way more than I should

At the age of 50, I'm actually thinking about taking up boxing, because I've always wanted to try it......

I still think I'm 20, but my body is shutting down, my joints are screwed and limit me like crazy. Any ideas of how I can get these feelings out of my head and become 'mature'.......I'm scared to death of being a young man in an old mans body......torture........Tongue

Brother....I'll make this short and sweet. Don't stop moving!!

I'm 1yr older then you , and I refuse to stop right now. I hang / tape / texture drywall 5 - 7 days a week. I come home thrashed and force myself into a 1.5 hour work out.....I'm always sore.

But you know what hurts worse? When you slow down and lose muscle tone , which loses support on those older / abused joints.

I have put my body through so much hell these past 30 years , I feel it everyday. And I'm like you....old school....which I don't give one flying fuck about most peoples opinions or feelings., and I have no problem telling them that. I'm about as strait shooter as you can get. Loyal to my friends and family to a fault. Would take a bullet or throw fists all day long to protect the ones I love and care for.

This sport.....will keep you young if you let it. Will give you drive in other areas of your life. Fight tooth and nail every single day until the fat lady sings!
vetmxr
2/26/2018 7:17pm
GarySemics wrote:
I can understand you want to keep doing what you like to do but thinking ur still young and even pulling young chicks, come on dude...
I can understand you want to keep doing what you like to do but thinking ur still young and even pulling young chicks, come on dude, they are looking at u like a grandpa, we all have to face reality! I know as I will be 64 this May. I'm still able to do all the things I like, mx, cycling, working out and having fun. But I had to learn how to take care and know my limits. Hope u accept where u are in life and have fun!
I said nothing about actually pulling anything.......been faithful to mine for 23 years now.......Don't want to hear any jokes about being married for 30 Laughing
vetmxr
2/26/2018 7:18pm
SwingHard wrote:
53,this and lots of stretching![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/26/246360/s1200_Screenshot_20180226_185357.jpg[/img]
53,this and lots of stretching!

Can you tell me more about this stuff?
Racerxx
2/26/2018 7:30pm
I keep healing so I keep racing wife hasn't left me yet so I don't need to think about young chicks, at least for now. Every now and then I think to myself F*** how did I get to be 54 already. Still get butterflies when on the line and still talk s*** like I'm 24. This weekends race at Milestone made me feel my age not flying through the air like I used to my knees are sore today. I'll act my age after they bury me.
kkawboy14
2/26/2018 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 7:36pm
1) wake up each day and tell yourself your not going to be a selfish turd today!
2) find someone to do something nice for, for free, for nothing in return.

55 and just had my 35th anniversary (yes to the same woman)
Forty
2/26/2018 7:44pm
Stay fit. Ride smart. I plan on doing this shit till I’m 80 Plus. 20 years to go.
2/26/2018 7:49pm
Seems there are a few of us old guys still riding moto, I'm 58, artificial knees & hip, no tendons holding my shoulders in, damaged spine (C4 & C5), I ride my CR500 all the time, my Girlfriend is 20 years younger than me, the one before that was 25 years younger, the one before that was 29 years younger.

Losing hair & teeth but not my desire to moto.
make1go
2/26/2018 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 8:19pm
bigmaico wrote:
What a bunch of whiny ass snot nosed kids! Try being 62 with 3 compressed veritebre in your back & still go out & do Moto...
What a bunch of whiny ass snot nosed kids!

Try being 62 with 3 compressed veritebre in your back & still go out & do Moto!

I'll even still jump on the Vintage bike once in a great while, you just have to exercise & stretch to stay sort of limber.

It's a mind set, if you don't mind it don't matter! I guess I'm use to being busted & bruised up from my days as a Fire Fighter\Paramedic.

Just keep doing what your doing & enjoy it! If your getting scared all the time, then it's time to quit.
Cue the 4 Yorkshire men comedy skit,
Older brits will know older yanks need to...im an older aussie who happens likes comedy a lot..

https://youtu.be/VKHFZBUTA4k

To the op you'll eventually punch the wrong guy and none of this will matter..
SK44
2/26/2018 8:17pm
I coach a lot of HS boys and remind them constantly that I was them Yesterday. It's cliche but true. 17 to 51 in a blink. Sure your body aches, he'll 50 and 60 something ain't 20 something. But you got to keep on pushing, and lord knows you have real life experience to make sensible (most of the time) decisions out on the track. One life so live, love, and Max the F out of it. It's a gift!
Quick story... I'm 51, had a total knee replacement 13 months ago and have no business getting back into MX (many hard get offs) through the years. But after my 8 year old son was diagnosed with stage 4 Wilm's tumor cancer in November, and after seeing him battle. My reality hit me... 1 life ...how are you going to live it? I decided I'm not going to get younger, and I'm not going to meet my maker with regrets about how I should've, could've etc... Live your life your way my friend. Moto has obviously given you much joy. Just use those years of wisdom gained to do it better every day. ... Blessings.
SK
2/26/2018 8:57pm
56 here. Aside from a broken rib in 1979, I broke my first bone last year- collarbone- when I missed a double that I'd made 4 times previously. Plated and screwed now.

Now that I'm healed up and good again (although the surgery site hurts most of the time) I think about the consequences a little more now.. what if I DON'T make that double? Is it really necessary for me to make it? What am I trying to prove and to who? 8/10, I don't go for it now. The main thing I hated, though, was paying the $7000 insurance out-of-pocket.

As for fun other things, I shoot and reload a lot, shoot archery, hunt, fish (from a kayak, which add that element), play guitar, stuff like that. I've got plenty of fun things to do w/out having to make that double again.

Things I do- watch my weight. I lost 14 pounds (172 to 158) on a keto based diet. Exercise- elliptical, mountain bike, hike. Stretch. Don't drink, don't smoke.
2/26/2018 9:01pm
SK44 wrote:
I coach a lot of HS boys and remind them constantly that I was them Yesterday. It's cliche but true. 17 to 51 in a blink...
I coach a lot of HS boys and remind them constantly that I was them Yesterday. It's cliche but true. 17 to 51 in a blink. Sure your body aches, he'll 50 and 60 something ain't 20 something. But you got to keep on pushing, and lord knows you have real life experience to make sensible (most of the time) decisions out on the track. One life so live, love, and Max the F out of it. It's a gift!
Quick story... I'm 51, had a total knee replacement 13 months ago and have no business getting back into MX (many hard get offs) through the years. But after my 8 year old son was diagnosed with stage 4 Wilm's tumor cancer in November, and after seeing him battle. My reality hit me... 1 life ...how are you going to live it? I decided I'm not going to get younger, and I'm not going to meet my maker with regrets about how I should've, could've etc... Live your life your way my friend. Moto has obviously given you much joy. Just use those years of wisdom gained to do it better every day. ... Blessings.
SK
I lost my 11-yr old to an extremely rare blood disease 6 years ago. I know exactly what you mean about living your life. He lived a full life and did more things than many adults have done. Still... losing him was the hardest thing I've ever had to go thru, no question. Changed my attitude about a lot of things, including seizing the day.

SK44
2/26/2018 9:10pm
I lost my 11-yr old to an extremely rare blood disease 6 years ago. I know exactly what you mean about living your life. He lived...
I lost my 11-yr old to an extremely rare blood disease 6 years ago. I know exactly what you mean about living your life. He lived a full life and did more things than many adults have done. Still... losing him was the hardest thing I've ever had to go thru, no question. Changed my attitude about a lot of things, including seizing the day.

Absolutely my friend. I'm sorry you lost your son. Breaks my heart. My son is fighting and at the moment winning. 17 rounds of chemo and radiation down 2 to go then reevaluate. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but just really wanted the share perspective. MX seems to be the one constant that has kept my mind occupied recently. Even for but a moment. It's in our blood. Always will be my friend.
ob
2/26/2018 9:17pm
Fuck it, keep that shit pinned!!!!!!!!!!
Superdave19
2/26/2018 9:20pm
I lost my 11-yr old to an extremely rare blood disease 6 years ago. I know exactly what you mean about living your life. He lived...

So sorry for your loss-
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/26/2018 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 9:24pm
It’s pretty normal to feel like you are still young on the inside even though you are in reality old as fuck on the outside. I’m 58 now and will be with a client who is maybe 35-40 and I’m thinking how old they are while they are looking at me like I’m a father figure. And girls??? You still have it in your mind that you want to crawl up inside the beautiful 29 yr old that walks by when in reality she looks at you like she would her grandpa.

Anyway I say do whatever your body lets you do and don’t worry about the age. I still ride a few times a week on my adventure KTM, I physically work everyday as a general remodeling contractor when I could sub everything out and sit at home but I feel better when I do physical work. I do have to watch what I eat as tge years go by, you will find as you get older that everything u eat will tend to make the midsection larger

Post a reply to: Age 49 and up opinions here only please. HELP

The Latest