After watching mxgp race today we need more nationals and less supercross!!

aees
3/5/2018 7:09am
Smx vendors cup was half SX half Mx. Looked good as a track
ob
3/5/2018 7:33am
Why is there even a Fn debate? If you want to know who has the faster riders just watch ironman last year. It wasn't even close. One of their guys comes over on a little vacation on a different bike at a track he doesn't know and waxes everybody. Shit
DE262
3/5/2018 7:36am
ob wrote:
Why is there even a Fn debate? If you want to know who has the faster riders just watch ironman last year. It wasn't even close...
Why is there even a Fn debate? If you want to know who has the faster riders just watch ironman last year. It wasn't even close. One of their guys comes over on a little vacation on a different bike at a track he doesn't know and waxes everybody. Shit
Haaahaha -ya.
murph783
3/5/2018 7:37am
So how is everyone in the US watching the GP’s? I just checked out the mxgptv package and it looked like it was about 130 euro? Not sure exactly what that amounts to in USD, but it sounds steep

The Shop

mxb2
3/5/2018 7:46am
murph783 wrote:
So how is everyone in the US watching the GP’s? I just checked out the mxgptv package and it looked like it was about 130 euro...
So how is everyone in the US watching the GP’s? I just checked out the mxgptv package and it looked like it was about 130 euro? Not sure exactly what that amounts to in USD, but it sounds steep
$160, google is your friend. And it has the usa conversion amount on the site. 20 races for $160.is a good deal.
hamncheeze
3/5/2018 9:21am
Yeah I popped for the MXGP-TV package for the first time. It's pricey but I am paying about the same for the Supercrosslive.tv package that is as reliable as a 1977 Can-Am. The MXGP-TV stream was flawless, but I was only able to catch a small amount live because of other commitments. The archive worked perfectly last night for me, whereas Supercross still hadn't provided me with a working version of Saturday's race by 6 PM PST on Sunday.

Regarding the racing, it was pretty good. Hunter Lawrence is the real deal, I think he will battle Jonass some but I think the #1 will stay put. Super bummer for Sanayei in the first Moto. Kid has good speed. In the big bike class it is looking like AC222 vs Jeffry all year, I hope they can stay healthy. I think Gajser, Febvre and Paulin will elevate to challenge at certain times on certain tracks, maybe Desalle too but he has a bad injury history.

Des Nations, how about the Germans with Ken Roczen, Max Nagl, and Henry Jacobi?
mxbrian15
3/5/2018 9:53am
mccread wrote:
I still make America favourites at the MXoN because they don’t race Europe as a team. Europe’s best guys are split up. Desalle, Febvre, Jonass, Cairoli...
I still make America favourites at the MXoN because they don’t race Europe as a team. Europe’s best guys are split up. Desalle, Febvre, Jonass, Cairoli and Herlings racing for different countries gives USA a huge chance, USA can pick the three best riders from an entire continent, no other country can do that and there is no team Europe at the MXoN.

That’s why racing the MXGP world championship is the true test and barometer for who the best is outdoor, not MXoN team results.

But MXGP shouldnt be seen as US v them, it’s time to end that nonesense, it’s the WORLD championship and America are part of the world - it’s your championship too. Everyone should enjoy the championship and feel part of it.
Huckster wrote:
Nice to see you have'nt changed. I didn't know the USA could take Canadian or Mexican riders? There are 23 independent States that make up North...
Nice to see you have'nt changed. I didn't know the USA could take Canadian or Mexican riders? There are 23 independent States that make up North America. THe USA is 1 of them The Netherlands just proved that size doesn't matter in the Olympics. Why? Because winter sports matter in that country. It's their passion and past time. Outside the guys on this board, no one cares about MX/SX in the USA. It's a fringe sport at best.
mccread wrote:
The best guys on the N. American continent are from the USA, so they get the best guys on the continent. Size does matter, why do...
The best guys on the N. American continent are from the USA, so they get the best guys on the continent.

Size does matter, why do the USA not choose a team from one state? Because the team would be weaker with less riders to choose from. And would Belgium have a better chance if it was the size of Europe so they could pick, Jonass, Herlings and Cairoli? Yes.

If it was team Europe v USA, it’s much harder for USA to win the race than a MXoN country v country event due to the size advantage of the USA and the amount of riders they can choose from. It’s pretty logical.
I would love to put our fastest 20 against Europe's fastest 20 in each class. I'm just not sure Europe could field enough riders to fill each class.
kkawboy14
3/5/2018 9:57am
murph783 wrote:
So how is everyone in the US watching the GP’s? I just checked out the mxgptv package and it looked like it was about 130 euro...
CBS
Raikzz
3/5/2018 10:00am
I'm european but don't talk rubbish, mxgp guys are definetly not faster than top3 US guys in mx, especially tomac,baggett,roczen, for example i think yesterdays track would have suited tomac so well, blasting through the turns
3/5/2018 10:21am
mccread wrote:
I still make America favourites at the MXoN because they don’t race Europe as a team. Europe’s best guys are split up. Desalle, Febvre, Jonass, Cairoli...
I still make America favourites at the MXoN because they don’t race Europe as a team. Europe’s best guys are split up. Desalle, Febvre, Jonass, Cairoli and Herlings racing for different countries gives USA a huge chance, USA can pick the three best riders from an entire continent, no other country can do that and there is no team Europe at the MXoN.

That’s why racing the MXGP world championship is the true test and barometer for who the best is outdoor, not MXoN team results.

But MXGP shouldnt be seen as US v them, it’s time to end that nonesense, it’s the WORLD championship and America are part of the world - it’s your championship too. Everyone should enjoy the championship and feel part of it.
Why can't people understand this? The United States is a nation of 325 million people; no one else has that to draw from. It's not Team USA versus Team Europe. Oh wow, the USA thinks it can beat Slovenia and Latvia and the Netherlands!

If it actually were USA versus Europe (20 from each region), the MXGP guys would clean house. (And whoever said that Cairoli can't run with the Americans must be on drugs.)

3/5/2018 10:27am
You can add as many nationals as you'd like, but the fact remains we don't have tracks like that one. Multiple lines, no massive ruts, flowing sections where guys could just let it hang out. Only Colorado, Red Bud and (sort of) Muddy Creek provided that type of racing.

I love watching and traveling to the nationals, but a lot of the races were so-so last year, IMO.
kkawboy14
3/5/2018 10:32am
You can add as many nationals as you'd like, but the fact remains we don't have tracks like that one. Multiple lines, no massive ruts, flowing...
You can add as many nationals as you'd like, but the fact remains we don't have tracks like that one. Multiple lines, no massive ruts, flowing sections where guys could just let it hang out. Only Colorado, Red Bud and (sort of) Muddy Creek provided that type of racing.

I love watching and traveling to the nationals, but a lot of the races were so-so last year, IMO.
At first you said there are no tracks here like that and then listed 3 that were like that! That track was just bone dry, which made it that way.

There is no comparison worth making from gp to outdoors. They are different and both fun to watch when the racing is good and boring when the racing isn’t good.

Patagonia was boring there wasn’t that much dicing going on. Yes there was some but it wasn’t like it was amazing

3/5/2018 10:42am
I said those tracks "provided that type of racing" but stopped short of saying the tracks were the same.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/5/2018 10:43am
You can add as many nationals as you'd like, but the fact remains we don't have tracks like that one. Multiple lines, no massive ruts, flowing...

kkawboy14 wrote:
At first you said there are no tracks here like that and then listed 3 that were like that! That track was just bone dry, which...
At first you said there are no tracks here like that and then listed 3 that were like that! That track was just bone dry, which made it that way.

There is no comparison worth making from gp to outdoors. They are different and both fun to watch when the racing is good and boring when the racing isn’t good.

Patagonia was boring there wasn’t that much dicing going on. Yes there was some but it wasn’t like it was amazing

It's the prep. Can't remember the ones, but there were 2 races last year that called for rain. They didn't rip the track as deep and it allowed for improved racing. Not sure why DC and crew don't see that ripping the tracks so deep don't add to the racing. Also, really not fair for the B group guys that have to go first in the slop each race day morning with that dug so deep.
Excaliburbmx
3/5/2018 10:45am
ob wrote:
Why is there even a Fn debate? If you want to know who has the faster riders just watch ironman last year. It wasn't even close...
Our guy won seven out of eight. So what
kb228
3/5/2018 10:47am
kb228 wrote:
The thing is american riders do sx and moto and still hold the same speed as the GP guys. The GP guys have failed a huge...
The thing is american riders do sx and moto and still hold the same speed as the GP guys. The GP guys have failed a huge majority of the time to keep up on a supercross track. Id like to see either US outdoors or GPs removed and combine all the top riders in the world for SX and outdoor series. Imagine the competition. It would be like 2012 sx every year with 6/7 top guys winning every week.

r18b wrote:
They don't have the same speed, herlings already proved that.. remember?? Second, Herlings was riding like he was on a mx2 machine and last year he...
They don't have the same speed, herlings already proved that.. remember?? Second, Herlings was riding like he was on a mx2 machine and last year he did say that he was thinking that he was on his top with the 450 with the speed. For me it's looks like AC and JH bringing each other to another level.. The both of them want the red plate. AC to get even with everts and Herling to win his first title and proof AC that he is the new guy.

The sx is a no go for a european most of the time coz we didn't grew up with that kinda stuff and without BAM BAM( i always liked that guy) and roczen out is boring as hell to watch. What some of ur Americans forget is that the top 10 is freaking fast in the MXGP. U will see it on the nations. Next weekend there will be a lokaal dutch race where some of the factory riders will come at the start to prep for Valkenswaard.
Can't wait for next weekend.
Has to be a full series of both. Dont forget herlings got worked by webb and forkner a couple years ago.
3/5/2018 11:23am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 11:24am
kb228 wrote:
Has to be a full series of both. Dont forget herlings got worked by webb and forkner a couple years ago.
Oh, yeah, and Webb is soooooo ready to go toe-to-toe with Herlings now. Quick! We need someone to stop Herlings! What to do? ... I know! ... Get me Webb and Forkner!

And Forkner worked Herlings all right. I like Forkner, but the next week at Glen Helen, Herlings was fastest in timed practice, won the qualifying race and won both motos. Forkner got third and 18th.

3/5/2018 11:30am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 11:31am
Our guy won seven out of eight. So what
and how many MXON moto's has he won ? looks like Tomac can only win on US soil .. just facts and reality and looking beyond your filter .. Tomac is one of the fastest riders around , but for a win outside US i wouldnt place my bet on him
TDeath21
3/5/2018 11:42am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 11:43am
They’re just better at MX in the GPs right now. All there is to it.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/5/2018 11:49am
I feel like i should jump in just to stir the pot. Everyone is so blinded by what they perceive to be the best they don't look at it logically. I love reading comments from my fellow Americans that had no idea the GPs existed until 2015 and now they talk like they know all. I have some news for you AC was already and 8 time champ before 2015, he had his races where you watched him in wonder before you guys started watching him.
3/5/2018 11:54am
and how many MXON moto's has he won ? looks like Tomac can only win on US soil .. just facts and reality and looking beyond...
and how many MXON moto's has he won ? looks like Tomac can only win on US soil .. just facts and reality and looking beyond your filter .. Tomac is one of the fastest riders around , but for a win outside US i wouldnt place my bet on him
For one thing, Tomac won five of six in the USGP, not seven of eight. Over that same span, Herlings and Tomac have been entered together for two events -- Ironman and USGP 2017 -- and Herlings won them both. In fact, Herlings was faster in every practice session and every qualifying session and won three of the four motos.

Tomac himself said the MXGP guys were fast as fuck.
3/5/2018 11:55am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Gotta say that I watched the boys across the pond today and it was some flat out racing and hauling the mail all day and the...
Gotta say that I watched the boys across the pond today and it was some flat out racing and hauling the mail all day and the two 450 races came down to last lap each moto!! More excitement in those two races then I’ve seen in supercross yet!! I know people like what they like and that’s all cool but if our pilots are gonna ever stand a chance against the like of Herlings or ac#222 we better start getting our outdoor groove back as I swear those guys are destroying any damn track they show up to!! I feel like Herlings and Carrolli could possibly beat our boys at red budd and not sweat it as those speeds they were going today were freaking insane!! Sorry bout the long vent on how I wish we raced more motocross and could get our dominance back again!! Guess we will see
Totally agree. I'm already starting to worry about MXON. That's hands down the best event of the year.
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
3/5/2018 12:09pm
Anyone who says Herlings is not the fastest guy in motocross (not supercross) right now just doesn't like facts. It's undeniable. Sure maybe if Roczen was healthy it might be debatable, but he's not. Tomac? On a good day he can be unbeatable, but consistency has been lacking since his 250 days. Not saying Eli doesn't have it in him, it's just not there at the moment.

I'm not always a fan of Herlings' attitude (as Malin said after Argentina, "...He's going to be taller than Jasikonis now.") but humility doesn't motivate the guy. He has a dog-eat-dog attitude towards competition and it works for him.

But to get to the original post, I agree. More MX, less SX please. Fortunately as it works now, just when my attention starts to wane on Supercross, the MXGPs kick in. Multiple series running at once...yes please!
Sideways
3/5/2018 12:11pm
One race in and were already talking mxgp vs ama Smile just enjoy both series, this weekend we got great racing in sx and great racing in mxgp. What more can a moto fan ask for?
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
3/5/2018 12:12pm

I hope somebody took a good photo of either moment, or the jump before... it was cool AF!!! Great racing let’s hope the whole championship it’s like that
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/5/2018 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 12:32pm
Why can't people understand this? The United States is a nation of 325 million people; no one else has that to draw from. It's not Team...
Why can't people understand this? The United States is a nation of 325 million people; no one else has that to draw from. It's not Team USA versus Team Europe. Oh wow, the USA thinks it can beat Slovenia and Latvia and the Netherlands!

If it actually were USA versus Europe (20 from each region), the MXGP guys would clean house. (And whoever said that Cairoli can't run with the Americans must be on drugs.)

Would be a clean house huh? Assuming everyone is healthy it would be...

GP's AMA
AC.......... Roczen
Herlings........ Tomac
Gasjer........ Baggett
Febvre........ Musquin
DeSalle........ Anderson
Paulin....... Barcia
JVH....... Webb
Anstie........ Osburone
Simpson........ Wilson
Lieber........ Pieck
Coldenhoff....... Seely
Seewer....... Bogle
Bobryshev....... Grant
Jasikonis...... Tickle
Nagl....... Bloss

Thats the top 15 or there about, When its all written down I dont know who would win. I know the sport better than 99.9% of guys on here and I couldn't tell you. IMO there are 4 Elite MX riders in the GPs with DeSalle knocking on the door and Paulin will have his day. In the AMA I think there are 5 with 2 of them being former world champs and If Barcia carries over from SX it would be 6. With a bigger gap on back and of course we dont know how Osburone will do.

A top 20 race would be great and only a complete Idiot would declare that they know the winner before the drop of the gate. As always injuries would be the single biggest factor like they always are. I do agree with the AC statement you would have to be an idiot to say he couldn't compete. AC is one of a kind, he is the same age as Stewart and 3 years older than RV 4 years older than RD and 5 years older than Canrard and he is still out there ripping.

I do love these arguments but sadly no one can argue correctly they always get to caught up in the hype weather it be some people now with GPs or 5 years ago when no one gave AC the time of day because he had not won the MxDN yet even though he had 6 world titles and nearly 60 gp wins to his name at the time. Nobody thinks for themselves they jump on the hype train and launch off.
3/5/2018 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 12:36pm
Park Boys wrote:
Would be a clean house huh? Assuming everyone is healthy it would be... GP's AMA AC.......... Roczen Herlings........ Tomac Gasjer........ Baggett Febvre........ Musquin DeSalle........ Anderson Paulin...
Would be a clean house huh? Assuming everyone is healthy it would be...

GP's AMA
AC.......... Roczen
Herlings........ Tomac
Gasjer........ Baggett
Febvre........ Musquin
DeSalle........ Anderson
Paulin....... Barcia
JVH....... Webb
Anstie........ Osburone
Simpson........ Wilson
Lieber........ Pieck
Coldenhoff....... Seely
Seewer....... Bogle
Bobryshev....... Grant
Jasikonis...... Tickle
Nagl....... Bloss

Thats the top 15 or there about, When its all written down I dont know who would win. I know the sport better than 99.9% of guys on here and I couldn't tell you. IMO there are 4 Elite MX riders in the GPs with DeSalle knocking on the door and Paulin will have his day. In the AMA I think there are 5 with 2 of them being former world champs and If Barcia carries over from SX it would be 6. With a bigger gap on back and of course we dont know how Osburone will do.

A top 20 race would be great and only a complete Idiot would declare that they know the winner before the drop of the gate. As always injuries would be the single biggest factor like they always are. I do agree with the AC statement you would have to be an idiot to say he couldn't compete. AC is one of a kind, he is the same age as Stewart and 3 years older than RV 4 years older than RD and 5 years older than Canrard and he is still out there ripping.

I do love these arguments but sadly no one can argue correctly they always get to caught up in the hype weather it be some people now with GPs or 5 years ago when no one gave AC the time of day because he had not won the MxDN yet even though he had 6 world titles and nearly 60 gp wins to his name at the time. Nobody thinks for themselves they jump on the hype train and launch off.
Tell ya what ... I'd like to see 20 on 20. To me -- and this is just me -- it'd be cooler than the MXoN. Isn't that what golf does? The Ryder Cup? That's what I want.

And, yeah, I think Herlings and Cairoli would likely run 1-2, and that'd be hard to overcome. The rest would be a mash-up that'd cancel out.
3/5/2018 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 1:18pm
A little off topic here but am I the only one that thinks gasjer should race the nationals cause by the time he comes back he's going to be so far back in points plus seely is more than likely going to be out for the start of nationals I don't think he would win the championship but he has a shot
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/5/2018 1:19pm
For one thing, Tomac won five of six in the USGP, not seven of eight. Over that same span, Herlings and Tomac have been entered together...
For one thing, Tomac won five of six in the USGP, not seven of eight. Over that same span, Herlings and Tomac have been entered together for two events -- Ironman and USGP 2017 -- and Herlings won them both. In fact, Herlings was faster in every practice session and every qualifying session and won three of the four motos.

Tomac himself said the MXGP guys were fast as fuck.
Those four races were cool in the fact that they all almost had different moto winners in every race. Musquin threw away an easy win at Ironman and AC tipped over at the USGP.

In all these pissing matches its Musquin I feel we leave out the most, he had the fastest laps at Ironman 17 and was a crash away from winning 5 of the last 6 nationals yet he is always glossed over in the discussion for fastest MX rider. He was a double MX2 world champ that left the GPs making it easier for Roczen and then Herlings to win races and titles and really found his grove outdoors yet no one brings him the discussion. IMO he is easily the best French rider in the world.
jeffro503
3/5/2018 1:28pm
One thing on our tracks. We " could " have the different types of surfaces like they do over there....but it all starts with the prep.

Why do we feel the need to till everything 16" deep and add mulch and water? Don't till as deep and just sprinkle water for dust. Let the tracks get beat to shit. Instead of this slot car racing bullshit at every single track.

Let the tracks blow out some. I have always supported our nationals......but the GP's have this figured out. And their tracks are creating better riders through multiple types of conditions.

Don't even get me started on the 125 class , EMX250 and women's class. We try and fit only the premier classes into one single day.

Post a reply to: After watching mxgp race today we need more nationals and less supercross!!

The Latest