After watching mxgp race today we need more nationals and less supercross!!

Shaned9326
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2018 10:21am
Gotta say that I watched the boys across the pond today and it was some flat out racing and hauling the mail all day and the two 450 races came down to last lap each moto!! More excitement in those two races then I’ve seen in supercross yet!! I know people like what they like and that’s all cool but if our pilots are gonna ever stand a chance against the like of Herlings or ac#222 we better start getting our outdoor groove back as I swear those guys are destroying any damn track they show up to!! I feel like Herlings and Carrolli could possibly beat our boys at red budd and not sweat it as those speeds they were going today were freaking insane!! Sorry bout the long vent on how I wish we raced more motocross and could get our dominance back again!! Guess we will see
|
yz133rider
3/4/2018 8:27pm
All our guys also spend every other year or so injured because of sx also that slows them down too!
yz133rider
3/4/2018 8:28pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
Gotta say that I watched the boys across the pond today and it was some flat out racing and hauling the mail all day and the...
Gotta say that I watched the boys across the pond today and it was some flat out racing and hauling the mail all day and the two 450 races came down to last lap each moto!! More excitement in those two races then I’ve seen in supercross yet!! I know people like what they like and that’s all cool but if our pilots are gonna ever stand a chance against the like of Herlings or ac#222 we better start getting our outdoor groove back as I swear those guys are destroying any damn track they show up to!! I feel like Herlings and Carrolli could possibly beat our boys at red budd and not sweat it as those speeds they were going today were freaking insane!! Sorry bout the long vent on how I wish we raced more motocross and could get our dominance back again!! Guess we will see
I also think your right they might smoke us at red bud.
Crush
3/4/2018 8:30pm
That track is truly amazing too. As much as I'm an advocate of slowing the bikes down, that place is like a video game and reminds me of the mid-2000s Glen Helen layouts where the bikes were literally set to WFO and let loose.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 8:36pm
Crush wrote:
That track is truly amazing too. As much as I'm an advocate of slowing the bikes down, that place is like a video game and reminds...
That track is truly amazing too. As much as I'm an advocate of slowing the bikes down, that place is like a video game and reminds me of the mid-2000s Glen Helen layouts where the bikes were literally set to WFO and let loose.
Track allows so many choices and side by side by side racing its nuts

The Shop

redrider400
3/4/2018 8:38pm
After watching the MXGP of Patagonia, we can't deny it anymore. The MXGP guys are on a another level, compared to the US riders. Holy shit their speed around turns almost looks fake. It took me twice as long to watch the races because I kept rewinding it to look at certain guys around berms.
Shaned9326
3/4/2018 8:45pm
After watching the MXGP of Patagonia, we can't deny it anymore. The MXGP guys are on a another level, compared to the US riders. Holy shit...
After watching the MXGP of Patagonia, we can't deny it anymore. The MXGP guys are on a another level, compared to the US riders. Holy shit their speed around turns almost looks fake. It took me twice as long to watch the races because I kept rewinding it to look at certain guys around berms.
That’s funny that you say that cause I was looking at my friend and he was saying the exact same thing!! Those guys do not trail ride never!! They were going for broke against everyone including teammates and had my heart rate spiking like my ass was out there!! Like you said they just seem next level now!!
3/4/2018 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:07pm
I don't think any of the gp riders are faster then are top 3 U.S riders except herlings and if you count roczen and musquin as U.S then top 5 and if we get baggett Anderson and Jmart for mxon were going to win it
ledger
3/4/2018 9:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:25pm
After watching the MXGP of Patagonia, we can't deny it anymore. The MXGP guys are on a another level, compared to the US riders. Holy shit...
Shaned9326 wrote:
That’s funny that you say that cause I was looking at my friend and he was saying the exact same thing!! Those guys do not trail...
That’s funny that you say that cause I was looking at my friend and he was saying the exact same thing!! Those guys do not trail ride never!! They were going for broke against everyone including teammates and had my heart rate spiking like my ass was out there!! Like you said they just seem next level now!!
Yep, I agree. I've re-watched the "over the pond gang" and it's one helluva show !! Those boy's haul the mail and their all having a blast, and very cool to each other on the podium. Can't watch Supercross anymore, sick of seeing these guy's getting punted.
yz133rider
3/4/2018 9:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:18pm
I don't think any of the gp riders are faster then are top 3 U.S riders except herlings and if you count roczen and musquin as...
I don't think any of the gp riders are faster then are top 3 U.S riders except herlings and if you count roczen and musquin as U.S then top 5 and if we get baggett Anderson and Jmart for mxon were going to win it
Herlings came from last to first at iron man. He was passing the top 10 guys like they were doing parade laps. And cairoli gives him everything he can handle over there. So yeah no more than just herlings.

Gasjer when healthy is serious too...usa is declining in moto prowess and has been clearly for years if you see our mxon record of late.
FlaNard
3/4/2018 9:26pm
The level the top GP guys are on right now is just nuts. I wouldn't bet against AC or Herlings on any national track against anyone. At the same time the supercross speeds are at an all time high and it's still where the money is in the US. When you take amazing talent and tell one group to be great at a single thing and take a second group and tell them to be great at two things one will begin to fall behind. People can blame the tracks or whatever they want but I think it's as simple as that. The fact that the GPs have two freaks of nature leading the way only makes things look worse. The GP equivalent of RC vs Bubba is going on which is something really special.
ocscottie
3/4/2018 9:27pm
What really stands out to me every MXGP i watch is that its so nice watching the riders able to use the entire track surface to find lines, whereas here the nationals are slot car racing in 2ft deep ruts along the entire track.
willie838
3/4/2018 9:28pm
i'm so concerned we might lose the mx des nations on our home soil.....
Crush
3/4/2018 9:33pm
willie838 wrote:
Tomac, Anderson/Bagget and Osborne at Red Bud?

Where’s the champagne?
struth
3/4/2018 9:40pm
willie838 wrote:
Crush wrote:

Where’s the champagne?
Fevbre,Paulin ,musquin ,ferrandis
3/4/2018 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 10:07pm
yz133rider wrote:
Herlings came from last to first at iron man. He was passing the top 10 guys like they were doing parade laps. And cairoli gives him...
Herlings came from last to first at iron man. He was passing the top 10 guys like they were doing parade laps. And cairoli gives him everything he can handle over there. So yeah no more than just herlings.

Gasjer when healthy is serious too...usa is declining in moto prowess and has been clearly for years if you see our mxon record of late.
The last two years we sent webb Covington Amart seely osbourne and Anderson which Anderson won with ease and herlings beat a hurt baggett and a tomac trying to lock up a championship which I think Anderson baggett herlings and tomac are pretty even speed wise I don't think ac has the speed or fitness and I'm a big fan of gasjer but his speed as been off this last year and if we get are top riders to show up for mxon were going to win it
p.s if roczen is 90% of 2016 roczen he would beat all of them
yz133rider
3/4/2018 10:07pm
The last two years we sent webb Covington Amart seely osbourne and Anderson which Anderson won with ease and herlings beat a hurt baggett and a...
The last two years we sent webb Covington Amart seely osbourne and Anderson which Anderson won with ease and herlings beat a hurt baggett and a tomac trying to lock up a championship which I think Anderson baggett herlings and tomac are pretty even speed wise I don't think ac has the speed or fitness and I'm a big fan of gasjer but his speed as been off this last year and if we get are top riders to show up for mxon were going to win it
p.s if roczen is 90% of 2016 roczen he would beat all of them
Yeah 9 time champ ac doesnt have the speed or fitness lol
redrider400
3/4/2018 10:13pm
willie838 wrote:
I love our guys. But I think a 3rd place is about the best case scenario. Just re-watch the GP from today. None of our guys have their corner speed. Blame Supercross.
r18b
3/4/2018 10:20pm
willie838 wrote:
Crush wrote:

Where’s the champagne?
struth wrote:
Fevbre,Paulin ,musquin ,ferrandis
Herlings-Coldenhoff-boogers and fevbre,paulin and musquin ya got a team that's going to win. Except if Coldenhoff is on the fly and boogers to then it will be close.
3/4/2018 10:22pm
yz133rider wrote:
Yeah 9 time champ ac doesnt have the speed or fitness lol
I mean don't get me wrong he's fast but I think he is just a fraction off on the guys I named plus he's fitness wasn't there today he fell off In both races the guy is 32 that's pretty dam old for mx
jeffro503
3/4/2018 10:33pm
ocscottie wrote:
What really stands out to me every MXGP i watch is that its so nice watching the riders able to use the entire track surface to...
What really stands out to me every MXGP i watch is that its so nice watching the riders able to use the entire track surface to find lines, whereas here the nationals are slot car racing in 2ft deep ruts along the entire track.
This!!! ^^^^^.....This right here!

Every one of our tracks / surfaces are really close to being the same. Over there , they have everything known to man.

I hate to say it , but with the MXoN's even being here in the states , I don't see us as the favorite. I think the GP guys have caught our guys in the speed dept , and surpassed them.

But.....that's what we get , when most of the racing here is indoors , and then we get a 4 month , 12 round outdoor schedule....on tracks that the surface is basically the same.

Yeah , basically I think were screwed for a while.
3/4/2018 10:33pm
I love our guys. But I think a 3rd place is about the best case scenario. Just re-watch the GP from today. None of our guys...
I love our guys. But I think a 3rd place is about the best case scenario. Just re-watch the GP from today. None of our guys have their corner speed. Blame Supercross.
If we get tomac Anderson and osbourne or even Anderson baggett and Jmart the only way we lose is if one of are guys crash there brains out or bike problems
RacerX8
3/4/2018 10:40pm
ocscottie wrote:
What really stands out to me every MXGP i watch is that its so nice watching the riders able to use the entire track surface to...
This, the creativity these guys use because the track allows them to is pure magic!
captmoto
3/4/2018 10:46pm
yz133rider wrote:
I also think your right they might smoke us at red bud.
I would not be one bit surprised at all.
captmoto
3/4/2018 10:49pm
RacerX8 wrote:
This, the creativity these guys use because the track allows them to is pure magic!
Our tracks turn into slot car tracks because of all the soil amendments that go into each track. Hard to be creative once you commit to your rut.
Shaned9326
3/4/2018 10:50pm
I love our guys. But I think a 3rd place is about the best case scenario. Just re-watch the GP from today. None of our guys...
If we get tomac Anderson and osbourne or even Anderson baggett and Jmart the only way we lose is if one of are guys crash there...
If we get tomac Anderson and osbourne or even Anderson baggett and Jmart the only way we lose is if one of are guys crash there brains out or bike problems
I don’t know what race you were watching today but that old man put a beat down on the entire field other than Herlings at the end and they had third place gapped by 20 seconds each race so I wouldn’t say AC#222 can’t run a full race at insane speed either!! If he’d line up last year at Ironman with Jeffry it would have been same outcome with Herlings and him going 1 and 2 as watch the mans skill level and race smarts as we have no one in us right now that could run with them at any track either here or there as yeah we got em covered in super cross but outdoors I don’t think so!, just my opinion and I love our guys and have always been fan and try to attend several races per year but right now the racing in the mxgp series is insane and guys just fucking go for it non stop!, hopefully we will win des nations but if Herlings and Cairoli and possibly Febvre and Geiger get up front early all I can say is good luck!!
redrider400
3/4/2018 10:54pm
If we get tomac Anderson and osbourne or even Anderson baggett and Jmart the only way we lose is if one of are guys crash there...
Yeah, I forgot that it's at Redbud. Those three and racing overhear, we may have a chance. That's saying that they will agree to race this year.
tek14
3/4/2018 11:16pm
MXGP is real racing. After watching todays battles at track that just highlighted SX is circus.
3/4/2018 11:26pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
I don’t know what race you were watching today but that old man put a beat down on the entire field other than Herlings at the...
I don’t know what race you were watching today but that old man put a beat down on the entire field other than Herlings at the end and they had third place gapped by 20 seconds each race so I wouldn’t say AC#222 can’t run a full race at insane speed either!! If he’d line up last year at Ironman with Jeffry it would have been same outcome with Herlings and him going 1 and 2 as watch the mans skill level and race smarts as we have no one in us right now that could run with them at any track either here or there as yeah we got em covered in super cross but outdoors I don’t think so!, just my opinion and I love our guys and have always been fan and try to attend several races per year but right now the racing in the mxgp series is insane and guys just fucking go for it non stop!, hopefully we will win des nations but if Herlings and Cairoli and possibly Febvre and Geiger get up front early all I can say is good luck!!
I mean you would agree that herlings is faster than ac right by about a fraction I would say and i think herlings is pretty even with Anderson tomac and baggett plus out of all of them I named I would put ac's fitness last and after herlings and ac there is a decent drop off febve and gasjer have'nt been them selves to much this last year and the race is at redbud if it was at a euro track maybe they would have a shot
robkinuk
3/5/2018 1:02am
Put the crack pipe down mate, it's affecting your judgement. Blind patriotism has it's place but not in 2018!.......the times they are a changing!??

Post a reply to: After watching mxgp race today we need more nationals and less supercross!!

The Latest