After watching Tomac all year, I don't think

Crush
9/7/2022 7:28am
Phil109 wrote:
Ironman 2016 I think it was. Herlings was on a track he’d never ridden on a bike not set up like he’s used to and laid...
Ironman 2016 I think it was. Herlings was on a track he’d never ridden on a bike not set up like he’s used to and laid the wood to everyone. Tomac crashed trying to catch him and he cruised past him the second moto. Albeit Tomac was in championship mode also that day so hard to say.

I will say though that day the first moto Marvin was gaining on Herlings until he fell in that one corner. It’s all just speculation of course but I just felt that at that time Herlings had everyone covered.
Not sure i'd take a title wrap up day for Eli and Jeffrey having absolutely nothing to lose as a yardstick
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
9/7/2022 7:28am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 7:32am

Can't remember who originally posted this, but I'm not claiming the credit
mxking6
9/7/2022 7:53am
BobbyM wrote:
Herlings is faster than Tomac like I thought before. Tomac is a moto God at this point and he still has a little speed to spare...
Herlings is faster than Tomac like I thought before.
Tomac is a moto God at this point and he still has a little speed to spare I believe. Congrats to him and everybody that raced to the end as hard as they did.
I agree.
How you been?
Press516
Fantasy
111th
9/7/2022 7:55am
davis224 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/07/567388/s1200_Screenshot_20220503_050422_Chrome.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/07/567389/s1200_Screenshot_20220503_050434_Chrome.jpg[/img] Can't remember who originally posted this, but I'm not claiming the credit

Can't remember who originally posted this, but I'm not claiming the credit
Real racers don't compare practice... And there are so many variables at the races they both participated in, it's not a simple data comparison. They are remarkably close. I'll stand with my opinion that they would run about 50/50 over a series...

The Shop

gantry25
9/7/2022 8:32am
davis224 wrote:
Racing motocross on the same track seems to be a solid benchmark.
Press516 wrote:
It can be... But I think they go about 50/50 if they race a series. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/07/567386/s1200_eli.jpg[/img]
It can be... But I think they go about 50/50 if they race a series.

davis224 wrote:
I think that makes it something like 1 for 10 times they've been on the same track that Eli was faster. Someone posted a list of...
I think that makes it something like 1 for 10 times they've been on the same track that Eli was faster. Someone posted a list of all practices and races they've been together in, finishing position, gap, and fastest lap. Herlings had him covered every time except that one moto.

For what it's worth, I think right now, Eli beats a healthy Herlings at Red Bud. But it's just a hypothetical. Data doesn't lie.
Data may not lie but it doesn't tell the whole truth either.
mxb2
9/7/2022 8:40am
Phil109 wrote:
4-5 years ago Herlings def was. Not this day and age after all of Herlings injuries. While still insane he’s back to earth. Sucks when these...
4-5 years ago Herlings def was. Not this day and age after all of Herlings injuries. While still insane he’s back to earth. Sucks when these guys get injured so much and we are left to wonder what they had in the tank. Take all JS7’s concussions, Tomacs shoulders, Roczen’s arms and Herlings endless list. It’s no telling what they had in the afterburners. A lot of other riders left off that list to boot but those are the biggest recent ones that came to mind. Part of the sport though. You fight speed, age and attrition. Makes it that much more special to grab titles.
Crush wrote:
Based on what was Herlings definitely faster though?

Phil109 wrote:
Ironman 2016 I think it was. Herlings was on a track he’d never ridden on a bike not set up like he’s used to and laid...
Ironman 2016 I think it was. Herlings was on a track he’d never ridden on a bike not set up like he’s used to and laid the wood to everyone. Tomac crashed trying to catch him and he cruised past him the second moto. Albeit Tomac was in championship mode also that day so hard to say.

I will say though that day the first moto Marvin was gaining on Herlings until he fell in that one corner. It’s all just speculation of course but I just felt that at that time Herlings had everyone covered.
2017. 5 years ago. May aswell bring up tomac crushing. Gajser. Ac222 febvre also. And charlotte. Mxgp. 2022. Is way different one guy won 2 titles. The others been on the couch.
Phil109
9/7/2022 8:54am
Crush wrote:
Based on what was Herlings definitely faster though?

Phil109 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
2017. 5 years ago. May aswell bring up tomac crushing. Gajser. Ac222 febvre also. And charlotte. Mxgp. 2022. Is way different one guy won 2 titles...
2017. 5 years ago. May aswell bring up tomac crushing. Gajser. Ac222 febvre also. And charlotte. Mxgp. 2022. Is way different one guy won 2 titles. The others been on the couch.
Oh I remember that day. Yeah Tomac was picking them off pretty easily. I wanna say he passed them all and took off one moto.
mxb2
9/7/2022 8:57am
Phil109 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
2017. 5 years ago. May aswell bring up tomac crushing. Gajser. Ac222 febvre also. And charlotte. Mxgp. 2022. Is way different one guy won 2 titles...
Phil109 wrote:
Oh I remember that day. Yeah Tomac was picking them off pretty easily. I wanna say he passed them all and took off one moto.
Yep. Tomac has beat plenty elite riders.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
9/7/2022 10:32am
Press516 wrote:
It can be... But I think they go about 50/50 if they race a series. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/07/567386/s1200_eli.jpg[/img]
It can be... But I think they go about 50/50 if they race a series.

davis224 wrote:
I think that makes it something like 1 for 10 times they've been on the same track that Eli was faster. Someone posted a list of...
I think that makes it something like 1 for 10 times they've been on the same track that Eli was faster. Someone posted a list of all practices and races they've been together in, finishing position, gap, and fastest lap. Herlings had him covered every time except that one moto.

For what it's worth, I think right now, Eli beats a healthy Herlings at Red Bud. But it's just a hypothetical. Data doesn't lie.
gantry25 wrote:
Data may not lie but it doesn't tell the whole truth either.
I agree, which is why I said I think Tomac could take him right now. But we'll never know. Doubtful they ever race each other again, and that's all the data we have to pull from. Bench race it to death, but saying Eli is better is only a hypothetical. Those saying Jeffrey is better have legs to stand on. I'm just pissed Jeffrey didn't get to be a part of this series.
Crossup
9/7/2022 10:50am
brimx153 wrote:
Depend s on the track .
Sully wrote:
Yup. Put them at Lommel and I'd pick Herlings 99/100.
Well that's always the caveat isn't it... "If I was at a sand track like Lommel, I'll take on Tomac." Pick five varied tracks including Lommel and I'll take Tomac. Add in Supercross, and it is 99 out of 100.
BobbyM
9/7/2022 10:54am
BobbyM wrote:
Herlings is faster than Tomac like I thought before. Tomac is a moto God at this point and he still has a little speed to spare...
Herlings is faster than Tomac like I thought before.
Tomac is a moto God at this point and he still has a little speed to spare I believe. Congrats to him and everybody that raced to the end as hard as they did.
mxking6 wrote:
I agree.
How you been?
I'm still kicking and I see yer still kicking too! Kicking is good.
McG194
9/7/2022 10:57am
brimx153 wrote:
Depend s on the track .
Sully wrote:
Yup. Put them at Lommel and I'd pick Herlings 99/100.
Crossup wrote:
Well that's always the caveat isn't it... "If I was at a sand track like Lommel, I'll take on Tomac." Pick five varied tracks including Lommel...
Well that's always the caveat isn't it... "If I was at a sand track like Lommel, I'll take on Tomac." Pick five varied tracks including Lommel and I'll take Tomac. Add in Supercross, and it is 99 out of 100.
No, it has to be Lommel with Tomac wearing his Alpinestars pants with the faulty zipper and put Eli back on the Kawasaki he didn't like with supercross suspension and the settings the factory insists on.
RG1
9/7/2022 12:06pm
Phil109 wrote:
4-5 years ago Herlings def was. Not this day and age after all of Herlings injuries. While still insane he’s back to earth. Sucks when these...
4-5 years ago Herlings def was. Not this day and age after all of Herlings injuries. While still insane he’s back to earth. Sucks when these guys get injured so much and we are left to wonder what they had in the tank. Take all JS7’s concussions, Tomacs shoulders, Roczen’s arms and Herlings endless list. It’s no telling what they had in the afterburners. A lot of other riders left off that list to boot but those are the biggest recent ones that came to mind. Part of the sport though. You fight speed, age and attrition. Makes it that much more special to grab titles.
soggy wrote:
Recency bias. We haven’t seen Herlings in like a year. There both fast as fuck. If they raced 100 times it’d probably be about 50/50.
They’ve raced 8 times and it’s 7-1 in Herlings favour so maybe not 50-50
9/7/2022 1:47pm
RG1 wrote:
selective memory is a big thing on here
ATKpilot99
9/7/2022 2:40pm
Bobby's got them jumping in the boat as usual . But seriously I'm wondering if Herlings will get back to where he was . He's not getting any younger . I want to see a fit Herlings against Sexton .
RG1
9/7/2022 3:25pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Bobby's got them jumping in the boat as usual . But seriously I'm wondering if Herlings will get back to where he was . He's not...
Bobby's got them jumping in the boat as usual . But seriously I'm wondering if Herlings will get back to where he was . He's not getting any younger . I want to see a fit Herlings against Sexton .
Honestly I don’t think we need to worry about Herlings. He took the time during his latest injury to get some stuff sorted out from a previous injury that had been bothering him for a couple of years, since he broke his foot pre 2019. So if anything he should be in better shape physically when he comes back than he was at the end of last year. He’s an animal, if he’s on the line he’s the favourite to win every time in my opinion
Mr. Afterbar
9/7/2022 3:41pm
You can’t tell if one rider is going faster than another just by looking at them. Riding styles make a huge difference. My girlfriend thinks that C riders look fast until they get on the track with somebody who actually is.
BobbyM
9/7/2022 6:46pm
You can’t tell if one rider is going faster than another just by looking at them. Riding styles make a huge difference. My girlfriend thinks that...
You can’t tell if one rider is going faster than another just by looking at them. Riding styles make a huge difference. My girlfriend thinks that C riders look fast until they get on the track with somebody who actually is.
Yea you can if you know what the fuck yer talking about. I'm bobbym mother fugger
Mit12
9/7/2022 9:37pm
Something to think about, Tomac is a bad ass for a full time SX racer and a part time MX racer. The main focus in the states is the 17 round SX season the 12 round MX season is just icing on the cake for the teams and riders. Herlings is an animal for sure he trains and rides MX only and he is quite impressive.
motomike137
9/8/2022 9:54am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2022 9:55am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Bobby's got them jumping in the boat as usual . But seriously I'm wondering if Herlings will get back to where he was . He's not...
RG1 wrote:
Honestly I don’t think we need to worry about Herlings. He took the time during his latest injury to get some stuff sorted out from a...
Honestly I don’t think we need to worry about Herlings. He took the time during his latest injury to get some stuff sorted out from a previous injury that had been bothering him for a couple of years, since he broke his foot pre 2019. So if anything he should be in better shape physically when he comes back than he was at the end of last year. He’s an animal, if he’s on the line he’s the favourite to win every time in my opinion
As much as I am a flag waving "merican" and would like to think Eli is Jeffrey's match I can't go there. Even though Herling's 450 career has been wrought with injury setbacks he's the fastest, toughest sob I've ever seen. The only guy in history that might figure out how to challenge Jeff in a series where he isn't coming back from or nursing an injury would be RC imho.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
9/9/2022 2:22am
Chase is probably faster than Jeffrey, Jeffrey is probably faster than Eli but Eli is a better Racer compared to both.
ShipLap
9/9/2022 6:18am
I'm so confused.
Ranman68
9/9/2022 7:32am
The best Tomac against the best Herlings would be close. Too bad we will never see them go at it. Imagine if Herlings could have been healed and fit enough to race this 2022 ama outdoor series with Tomac and Sexton. That would have been something to behold.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
9/9/2022 7:39am
RG1 wrote:
Mugeneco wrote:
ROFL... How many 450 seasons has each completed without injury?

Post a reply to: After watching Tomac all year, I don't think

The Latest