After Race VIP Pit Access Question

Landisaster
I have VIP Pit access for Atlanta for the first time which lets you walk the pits before they open to the general public and access continues for a time after the race is over. Has anyone been in a supercross pit after the race is over during teardown? Do teams give away race used plastics to kids like they do for Outdoor Nationals? I'll be taking two kids and this is a highlight for the kids when attending Outdoor Nationals. Any advice is appreciated.
|
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/15/2019 9:04am
Some do, but most of the time they are trying to get out of there. The good thing is the barricades are down and you can get relatively close if you don't bother them.

If you have a young son, he would probably get a plate or side panel if he is there when they take it off. But most bigger names pull off the plastic and set it aside so they don't get bothered.
mx216
2/17/2019 11:04am
For supercross we wouldnt tear the bike apart on saturday night. We would leave the bike complete and do the bike build on sunday. Some teams did it different but we always had people come by the hotel we were building at on sunday and i would always try to hook the kids up with the used plastic. It depends on the team but most of the guys have been at the track since 8 am, have a 12 hour day the next day to rebuild the bikes, and really are trying to get packed up and get out of there ASAP on Saturday night. Usually a little different if you win though haha.

Post a reply to: After Race VIP Pit Access Question

The Latest