Advice sought - first time attending a SX round!

Hi crew

I am back over to the USA early next year on another ski trip, and for the first time ever I will be able to align with a SX round! (Oakland on Feb 4).

Just after some advice/tips on how to get the most out of it. Is Stubhub the best ticketing source? I have used this for NBA a couple of times.

Is it worth getting there early for exhibits/events happening outside before the event?

Any other hints/suggestions would be great!
|
bvm111
7/28/2016 6:12pm
Stub hub is pretty good, also look on supercross.com. For sure get there early to check everything out and bring extra cash for the beer as its 10 dollars for a thimble of American crap beer... Probably warm and flat!

Are you going up to Lake Tahoe for skiing?
superorbital
7/28/2016 6:53pm
Stub hub is the most expensive way to get a ticket. Just buy them through supercrossonline which I believe will redirect you to ticketmaster. They have the monopoly on tickets.
krypto71
7/28/2016 7:30pm
Great timing to see this thread pop up. My son and I are heading over for San Diego and A2. Will be our first time at an AMA supercross. Can't wait.

When do tickets usually go on sale?

Cheers
Steve
The988
7/28/2016 7:47pm
Tickets usually go on sale sometime around monster cup (October) I believe. We usually get there early and go check out the pits then go inside and watch the 2nd practice. If you want big name autographs be prepared to stand in line most of the day. Supercross is so much better in person!

The Shop

JM485
7/28/2016 8:57pm
Heads up for Oakland, the area around the stadium can be a little rough. It's not nearly as bad as some guys around here make it out to be, but just something to be aware of. Also weather can be a little unpredictable that time of year, so be prepared with rain ponchos and try to get seats that are covered if you can. I would definitely recomend making a lap through the pits and watching practice, the pits are pretty much a monster demo at this point but it's still cool to see the bikes up close and watch the mechanics work. Parking lot shenanigans are also a part of the fun, so enjoy watching people get so shit faced that they don't even make it into the stadium, it's pretty damn good entertainment honestly!Laughing We usually bring a small ramp to jump scooters or skateboards off of as well which also gets pretty entertaining depending on what gets thrown down.

Most of all though, just enjoy the races and don't let anyone here talk your out of it, you'll have a ton of fun! Still my second favorite day of the year, after Hangtown of course.
7/29/2016 5:52pm
Thanks for the advice guys

Yeah - I have been to a couple of Warrior games and the Oakland crowd is lively! All good though.

Ok sounds like I will be setting aside the afternoon and evening - sweet. Really looking forward to this!

Post a reply to: Advice sought - first time attending a SX round!

The Latest