Advice on a Wild Idea

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2018 12:01 PM

Since tracks are nowhere close to me and not to mention expensive, most of the time the only place I throw a leg over the bike is on race day, I've been thinking awhile now about trying to replicate holding on to bucking handlebars to train and help with arm pump without actually being on the bike. I figure if I could find something that vibrates/bucks around like actually racing, that I could attach handlebars to it and just hold on to train for the dreaded arm pump. Now before you all comment on other ways to help with arm pump I know its mostly cardiovascular and I train/workout accordingly, but I thought it'd be a really good way to condition the arms and muscles. The only issue with this is I can't think of anything that would replicate this movement and vibrations besides maybe a lawnmower but that'd be rather impractical and only simulate the vibrations, if anyone can think of any ideas I'm all ears, thanks.

|

4/30/2018 12:04 PM

Photo
|

I have the right to remain awesome.

4/30/2018 12:09 PM

Photo
|

o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o
Winning is the best deodorant.

4/30/2018 12:12 PM

I got a spin bike that has the handles that move back and forth. Using that and squeezing tight is the only thing ive found to kindof induce arm pump. Doesnt really come close to a bike tho.

|

4/30/2018 12:15 PM

#4ArmStrong

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/30/2018 12:16 PM

I ride bikes, guess I never really thought of that, pretty similar, but I was thinking more along the lines of sitting at home at the end of the day watching tv and being able to hold on to something.

|

4/30/2018 12:17 PM

Photo
|

4/30/2018 12:20 PM

Not a wild idea at all. If frequent riding isn't feasible, or too expensive, or whatever, then a riding simulator may work well. Plus one on the mountain bike though, for legs, cardio, hands/arms and of course practicality. It'd cost a good bit to simulate all the axis of movement with similar forces.

|

4/30/2018 12:33 PM

Could always pony up $1600 for one of THESE

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/30/2018 12:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2018 12:37 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Could always pony up $1600 for one of THESE

much ty, will definitely look into this incredible invention

|