Aderall

Edited Date/Time 8/31/2022 10:20am
Has anyone here actually tried it? Or take it regularly?
Love to know the difference it actually makes first hand, from someone who has taken it.
|
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
7/18/2022 12:40am
For moto? Im unsure. I know of a couple people who have taken it recreationally and abused it. Didn't take long either.
kawasa84
7/18/2022 1:06am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 1:11am
For moto?

Never tried the stuff. If you are talking moto, I'd say Vyvanse for sure, and possibly Modafinil.

Vyvanse does increase alertness, focus, and I would even argue reaction time. It also does increase your heart rate and give you dry mouth.

Modafinil increases alertness, focus as well. This prescription drug can also increase heart rate.

Sandusky26
7/18/2022 1:49am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 1:49am
It’s amphetamines. Yes I’ve tried it, not for moto, it gets you fuckin wired.

Wouldn’t recommend.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
7/18/2022 2:54am
It works entirely different for different people. It makes me bounce off the wall, and calms my brother down, but if you over do it, it really wears you down fast. It makes your appetite non existent and dehydrates you as bad as alcohol.

The Shop

daemon666
7/18/2022 2:55am
Random story back in early 2000s some what they call clans in a game called counterstrike were accused of using this, but they don't drug test in esports back then or now that I know of.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
7/18/2022 5:15am
I took 1 and pulled the engine and transmission out of my classic car that had been sitting there needing to be done for years. Helps you stop overthinking. You just focus and do it.
kb228
7/18/2022 5:35am
I take it as well. Whatever task youre doing it just helps you stay on it and get it done. I suppose when youre riding it could help you pay more attention to your controls and technique.

Like steve125, i also took on a big project- a major structural remodel of my house and got it done in 4 days thanks to adderal.

Its literally a mild form of meth so unless you actually have issues at work or something leave it alone.
McG194
7/18/2022 6:02am
If I take the amount I'm prescribed I can feel my hair grow.

My prescription is 60 mg a day every day. I probably take it 2-3 times a week at 15 mg. I take it when I need help focusing. I have not determined if it changes my riding for the better.
Zycki11
7/18/2022 6:07am
Developed by German scientist and given to them for WW2 hence the name blitzkrieg. Tried it for moto because I was struggling to focus. Like mentioned it makes you hyper focus m, but it raises your HR and dehydrates you. Found out it was depression that was causing my focus issue. Got on lexepro and all was well.
davistld01
7/18/2022 6:17am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 6:18am
Didn’t James Stewart, who legitimately took Aderall to control his ADHD issues, say that the drug “slowed things down” for him on the track…and that was a reason he could do stuff nobody else thought of? I’m not knocking Stews amazing talent, but it’s funny that he started crashing on stupid stuff when he came back from the ban, and couldn’t take Aderall any longer.
7/18/2022 6:17am
if you take it and it makes you hyper, you shouldnt be taking it

if it calms you down, you probably need it.

ive been using it on and off for 15 years or so. i used to take 20 mg everyday, which was too much and i stopped altogether.

it does work, for some people.
7/18/2022 6:21am
McG194 wrote:
If I take the amount I'm prescribed I can feel my hair grow. My prescription is 60 mg a day every day. I probably take it...

My prescription is 60 mg a day every day. I probably take it 2-3 times a week at 15 mg. I take it when I need help focusing. I have not determined if it changes my riding for the better.
Wow I've never heard of a daily dose that high. But I'm a plumber not a doctor lol.
IWreckALot
7/18/2022 6:21am
Just going to suggest that you shouldn't be considering Adderall for MX purposes specifically. If you have a prescribed use for it outside of racing, go for it. But if you're a weekend warrior or even a local pro, there is way more downside than upside for using it.

Downvote away all who want to.
MyBobbym
7/18/2022 6:29am
Zycki11 wrote:
Developed by German scientist and given to them for WW2 hence the name blitzkrieg. Tried it for moto because I was struggling to focus. Like mentioned...
Developed by German scientist and given to them for WW2 hence the name blitzkrieg. Tried it for moto because I was struggling to focus. Like mentioned it makes you hyper focus m, but it raises your HR and dehydrates you. Found out it was depression that was causing my focus issue. Got on lexepro and all was well.
Thought that was pervitin. Blitzkrieg or just blitz?
mx196
Fantasy
4082nd
7/18/2022 6:33am
davistld01 wrote:
Didn’t James Stewart, who legitimately took Aderall to control his ADHD issues, say that the drug “slowed things down” for him on the track…and that was...
Didn’t James Stewart, who legitimately took Aderall to control his ADHD issues, say that the drug “slowed things down” for him on the track…and that was a reason he could do stuff nobody else thought of? I’m not knocking Stews amazing talent, but it’s funny that he started crashing on stupid stuff when he came back from the ban, and couldn’t take Aderall any longer.
I always thought the timing was very interesting as well when he stopped taking it. I don’t think it was an indicator of a skill knock, just maybe his body and brain were out of sync from years of doing it one way.

Also many riders took forms of PEDs prior to testing I’d imagine so I’m sure he wasn’t alone.

One could argue say if RC took HGH and Test that is what allowed him to train so damn hard non stop. Complete speculation but just a possible example?
McG194
7/18/2022 6:36am
McG194 wrote:
If I take the amount I'm prescribed I can feel my hair grow. My prescription is 60 mg a day every day. I probably take it...

Wow I've never heard of a daily dose that high. But I'm a plumber not a doctor lol.
That's why I only take 15mg. When it comes to medical you pretty much have to be your own doctor. If I really need it I will take an entire 30mg pill but most days it's a half a pill for me. I also set an alarm in my phone. Generally, if I take it after 2 pm I will have a tough time getting to sleep.

It can also affect sexual performance. To put it in boating terms, it's tougher to get on plane but once you are on plane you are in for an extended cruise. Addy + Blue pill = Rockstar lol
7/18/2022 7:10am
Hv a CDL and get a aderall prescription you just surrender your CDL. All prescriptions r logged onto your lic. A few reasons is that it makes you too aggressive, agitated, wired, etc. not in a regular state of mind. A couple y members r on it. 1 women is 130 lbs ovr wt she,ll b doing backflips into the pool more energy than a 13 yr old. The other is a college hunk on a 5 yr plan. He parties than takes aderall for days to stay awake for days to ace the finals.he says a lot of college students take it. And for lifting he,ll go bananas for 8 hrs lifting. Ny stock exchange guys r on it from there college days . They run out of dr,s to prescribe then they buy it black market. They stay up for days. Once they stop taking it the crash is supposed to b really hard. Your body gets used to functioning at a 10k level.
tprice07
7/18/2022 7:19am
davistld01 wrote:
Didn’t James Stewart, who legitimately took Aderall to control his ADHD issues, say that the drug “slowed things down” for him on the track…and that was...
Are you certain that James stopped taking it? He received a TUE for the drug. His punishment was for not having the TUE, I don't think that meant he couldn't use it once he served his time and got the proper paperwork.
tprice07
7/18/2022 7:32am
Has anyone here actually tried it? Or take it regularly?
Love to know the difference it actually makes first hand, from someone who has taken it.
Are you asking if it makes a difference when riding? or just in your personal life?

After a 4 hour long test and several months of switching through different stimulants I can say that it was a night and day difference for me in my personal life. Allows me to start and finish projects in both my personal life and day job. Before I would either put off projects until shortly before they were due or start them and not finish.

If you are asking for an edge in moto. There's a good chance it won't make a bit of difference. For elite athletes who have already maxed out their potential on the bike and in their physical capacity they are chasing down tenths of a second per lap. For someone who is a weekend warrior, it won't make a difference. It may help you stay on top of maintenance or prep work for your bike but you won't notice it on the bike. It may actually hurt you. Just sitting around it elevates your heart rate and with the wrong drug your chest will feel like it's about to explode. I don't think the drugs were designed to be used with heart rates up in 180-200 bpm. It seems like a recipe for a trip to the hospital.

You also need to disciplined in eating and drinking. It destroys your appetite. So you may find yourself low on energy or dehydrated when riding.

If you really need the drug it makes a huge difference. If you don't need it, be happy that you aren't damaging your heart and brain to bring yourself up to a normal level.
APLMAN99
7/18/2022 7:41am
I would not recommend trying Adderall without a doctor's orders, coming from an Adderall user for ADHD. It does have some serious potential side effects and if you are just getting it from a friend (or other source) and using it, it could wreak havoc on some unknown, preexisting conditions.

And if your doctor gives you a prescription for 60mg like McG's does, then find a new doctor. That's a big pathway to some serious heart issues. It may not be too bad in the short term, but if a doc writes scripts ongoing for that high of dosage then I'd be worried.
J. Sloan
7/18/2022 7:47am
Some people need it and some don’t.

Ob917
7/18/2022 7:53am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2022 8:20am
Yes it works very well. I don’t mess with it because it’s so good. Some people get whacked out on it and that’s bad.
7/18/2022 8:00am
Yeah prescription drugs r nothing to play with. I was on 2 antiflamatories I had to choose which 1 worked the best and a muscle relaxer. For 2 months doing pt 7 days a week on numerous injuries. While trying to get into race shape. All I could really do is speed sit-ups for 1 hr straight. Go back to stretching then speed sit-ups again. The last 2 prescriptions to treat a major head infection from breathing exhaust and antifreeze . Blew me up I ended up in er with my throat and tongue swelled up and I struggled to breath, etc. treatment for that was a drug that if you had an ovr dose of kemo therapy . The massive rush your body and mind gets from aderall must b hell when you stop taking it.
McG194
7/18/2022 8:08am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I would not recommend trying Adderall without a doctor's orders, coming from an Adderall user for ADHD. It does have some serious potential side effects and...
I would not recommend trying Adderall without a doctor's orders, coming from an Adderall user for ADHD. It does have some serious potential side effects and if you are just getting it from a friend (or other source) and using it, it could wreak havoc on some unknown, preexisting conditions.

And if your doctor gives you a prescription for 60mg like McG's does, then find a new doctor. That's a big pathway to some serious heart issues. It may not be too bad in the short term, but if a doc writes scripts ongoing for that high of dosage then I'd be worried.
Mine is a perfect example, my doctor will pretty much prescribe anything I ask for. The problem with doctors orders is you need to be your own advocate like I said. The opiate crisis is 100% medical doctor driven.
kb228
7/18/2022 8:13am
davistld01 wrote:
People with adhd have many racing thoughts all the time. The medicine allows you to basically turn your thoughts from turbulent flow to laminar flow if that makes sense. You have more capacity to do several things at once.
Zycki11
7/18/2022 8:17am
Zycki11 wrote:
Developed by German scientist and given to them for WW2 hence the name blitzkrieg. Tried it for moto because I was struggling to focus. Like mentioned...
MyBobbym wrote:
Thought that was pervitin. Blitzkrieg or just blitz?
Correct, it was a methamphetamine and what the drugs today were based off of.
rosebud441
7/18/2022 8:43am
davistld01 wrote:
That's what I recall him saying,, think of everything coming at you slower and being able to react to every little nuance of the track..
FHKRacingZ
7/18/2022 8:48am
McG194 wrote:

That’s crazy! You’re doctor may be over prescribing you. I thought the max was 40mg in a 24 hour period.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
7/18/2022 8:55am
McG194 wrote:

Thats a ridiculous amount per day - you will fuck your heart long term if you keep that up
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
7/18/2022 9:01am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2022 10:20am
redacted

Post a reply to: Aderall

The Latest