Adding some garage space

2/27/2021 8:41am
Holy crap, jealousy doesn’t even begin to explain it. Happy for you!! I have wanted a 20x20 pad out in front of my garage for years and haven’t done it because of the price. All three quotes I got were $3800-4500. Man you got a deal!!! Good for you!! Can’t wait to see more progress.
TeamGreen
2/27/2021 10:04am
Lump, it’s looking good!

You’re creating El Rancho Lumpster.

Nice.
lumpy790
2/28/2021 5:37am
Any of you ever had a metal garage put up?

Before ordering started reading different brands reviews at BBB and Google shows delivery times are terrible since covid started. Promising promising promising and delays delays delays. There are several different companies all based out the same town in NC with same problems.

Instead of the typical 6 weeks looking like it will be roughly 3-4 months before building goes up.

Rough idea of construction at dealer.

Pink
2/28/2021 8:09am
lumpy790 wrote:
Any of you ever had a metal garage put up? Before ordering started reading different brands reviews at BBB and Google shows delivery times are terrible...

Before ordering started reading different brands reviews at BBB and Google shows delivery times are terrible since covid started. Promising promising promising and delays delays delays. There are several different companies all based out the same town in NC with same problems.

Instead of the typical 6 weeks looking like it will be roughly 3-4 months before building goes up.

Take a look at Morton. Timber structure with metal exterior. If this peaks your interest.

The Shop

CivBars
2/28/2021 4:10pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Any of you ever had a metal garage put up? Before ordering started reading different brands reviews at BBB and Google shows delivery times are terrible...

Pink wrote:
Take a look at Morton. Timber structure with metal exterior. If this peaks your interest.
Falcon interest piqued
lumpy790
3/3/2021 5:30am
Do improvements ever end???? Woohoo driveway, 30,000 lb parking pad, drainage, fence ......

Since this all began from yard drainage wet soil issues ..... I may have figured out the problem. We have lived here for 15 years and parked trailers box van to haulers and RV in the back yard and the Soft soil started about 2 years ago. When houses were built all yards were sloped away from the houses down to a drainage area down the property lines so rain water flowed dow to the streets. About 2 years ago our new neighbor had a fence built and the company put all the dirt down the drain path. I think the dirt may have clogged the rain drainage.

Next step is Making sure the rain water liquid flow is restored..... and No its not Moto Hose hoses improving the yards flow Cool

lumpy790
3/3/2021 5:32am
Btw another vitard in my town contacted me and they are using our concrete guy to build their new driveway.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/3/2021 11:44am
lumpy790 wrote:

Pink wrote:
CivBars wrote:
Falcon interest piqued
Pique- To excite or arouse, especially by provocation.

Peak- The top of a mountain or highest point on a chart or graph.

Pink's response could actually be correct, if he meant it brought your interest level to its absolute peak. Similar to "peak levels" or "peaking the meters." The common use for that term, however, is pique, meaning, "to increase, gain, or arouse interest in something."

OK, thread hijack complete. Back to the thread about nice driveways. Cool
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/3/2021 2:30pm
Falcon wrote:
[i]Pique[/i]- To excite or arouse, especially by provocation. [i]Peak[/i]- The top of a mountain or highest point on a chart or graph. Pink's response could actually...
Pique- To excite or arouse, especially by provocation.

Peak- The top of a mountain or highest point on a chart or graph.

Pink's response could actually be correct, if he meant it brought your interest level to its absolute peak. Similar to "peak levels" or "peaking the meters." The common use for that term, however, is pique, meaning, "to increase, gain, or arouse interest in something."

OK, thread hijack complete. Back to the thread about nice driveways. Cool
You forgot peek.
racerxx276
3/5/2021 7:36am
The Morton building's look nice, but the price of wood has gone up 35% in the last 8 months. It was cheaper to go with an all metal building.
lumpy790
3/13/2021 5:04am
After fighting with the muddy back yard in the RV for 2 years yesterday was a great day!

byke
3/13/2021 9:00am
Been really enjoying this thread and not trying to be a douche, but one thing I've learned from having a steel building, is that I'll never have another one without insulation.
Ozy
3/13/2021 10:21am
Looks like you didn't even need to hire a concrete pump. Seems like you got a smoking deal on this pour, and they did it right. The finish is Pro level quality. We just did an 18 yard pour with colored top cast finish in SoCal for $22k
Ozy
3/13/2021 10:25am
lumpy790 wrote:
After fighting with the muddy back yard in the RV for 2 years yesterday was a great day! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/13/482743/s1200_7D15B8CB_9CD2_4E3D_BD46_E758433BB5A8.jpg[/img]
After fighting with the muddy back yard in the RV for 2 years yesterday was a great day!

Looks like you have a couple more DIY projects = Concrete landing for side door and either rain gutters or dig a trench around the low gable roof sides and fill the trench with gravel to control all the water that will come off the roof in the rain

Great project. Stoke!
Robgvx
3/13/2021 10:46am
Completely different style of garage construction where I live.

lumpy790
3/13/2021 5:41pm
lumpy790 wrote:
After fighting with the muddy back yard in the RV for 2 years yesterday was a great day! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/13/482743/s1200_7D15B8CB_9CD2_4E3D_BD46_E758433BB5A8.jpg[/img]

Ozy wrote:
Looks like you have a couple more DIY projects = Concrete landing for side door and either rain gutters or dig a trench around the low...
Looks like you have a couple more DIY projects = Concrete landing for side door and either rain gutters or dig a trench around the low gable roof sides and fill the trench with gravel to control all the water that will come off the roof in the rain

Great project. Stoke!
You read my mind lol. Hope to get gutters up before it rains this next week and plan on adding 2 steps for the side door.

Shelving up today and still have 10x17 of room to park 5 bikes and the lawn mower!

Posted about the Black trailer and selling it to a local by noon.

lumpy790
3/13/2021 5:51pm
byke wrote:
Been really enjoying this thread and not trying to be a douche, but one thing I've learned from having a steel building, is that I'll never...
Been really enjoying this thread and not trying to be a douche, but one thing I've learned from having a steel building, is that I'll never have another one without insulation.
Not really needed since its so well vented lol. Used 2 cans of spray foam to help in corners to help limit access from mice birds and bats.

Post a reply to: Adding some garage space

The Latest