Adderall makes me SLOW!!!

4-ERA
6/19/2014 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2014 1:45am
I have ADD (for real). And I can't take Adderall when I ride. I ride noticeably slower, and it takes all the enjoyment out of it. It's like anti-adrenaline.
Obviously I could never ride at the pro level. But, even as slow, fat and old as I am, I could never take Adderall and race. It's more of a hinderance than an advantage.

Just sayin... (from experience)
|
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
6/19/2014 8:40pm
4-ERA wrote:
I have ADD (for real). And I can't take Adderall when I ride. I ride noticeably slower, and it takes all the enjoyment out of it...
I have ADD (for real). And I can't take Adderall when I ride. I ride noticeably slower, and it takes all the enjoyment out of it. It's like anti-adrenaline.
Obviously I could never ride at the pro level. But, even as slow, fat and old as I am, I could never take Adderall and race. It's more of a hinderance than an advantage.

Just sayin... (from experience)
I've been wondering why James is slower than he used to be Laughing j/k Unsure
Forza
6/19/2014 8:44pm
I bang fat chicks all night when I take it.
plowboy
6/19/2014 8:49pm
One of my daughters was prescribed it. She was a focused concentrating fool but the side effects were more than I as a parent was willing to accept. Luckily she more or less adapted to her situation. Now she's just bi-polar...I'm so fucked. Sad

The Shop

Tim507
6/19/2014 9:38pm
The correct dosage of ADD medicine is to slow down those with ADD.......dumb down is the purpose......most who are ADD (IMHO) process information quckly and efficiently. ADD is a stigma of the system not wanting to deal with the future movers and thinker....a completely different conversation.

However increasing the dosage has different affects on most people including those who (supposedly) have ADD.

I know as I self medicated when I was in High School with copious doses of double cross. We're not talking 30 or 40 mg here we're talking several 100..... This lasted for a few years until inexperienced some major issues. I immediately figured out that I was killing myself and stopped. Some people are and we're not so lucky.

The upside to the amphetamine was pretty high (yet very dangerous) in that when I rode my riding was over the top. It was so awesome. Now I've always been naturally skilled and driven on a dirt bike...however the speed...when abused took me to a new level.

I never raced when drugged and in the long run that was the correct decision.

I do ponder sometimes what might have been and what might have been........
6/19/2014 9:53pm
We have some weird users participating in the forum right now.

Users I haven't seen before. Some of them have really interesting information.
rutsmash
6/19/2014 10:00pm
I drive fine when I'm drunk so why is it illegal?
6/20/2014 1:14am
TripleFive wrote:
We have some weird users participating in the forum right now.

Users I haven't seen before. Some of them have really interesting information.

Beast666
6/20/2014 5:41am
Not everyone reacts the same to a prescribed drug. Myself prescription pain killers will make the pain unbearable instead of calming it down like for most users of the drug.

Just like adderall will calm down some people with ADD/ADHD and will improve the focus and reaction times in others.

Not every person and there body is the same.
elementmx
6/20/2014 7:20am
First of all ADD is basically a fabricated condition that allows big pharma to peddle mass amounts of drugs. There is no biological basis for ADD, no direct biological measurements determine if some has ADD, that is fact.

But back to the main point...adderall and most add meds are AMPHETAMINES...very, very similar to METH. Google it.

And yes, everyone is very biologically unique and will react different, but the very large majority of people receive sort of a very energized but FOCUSED effect from these drugs. Im a huge js fan but theres no way adderall aint a PED.
Tim507
6/20/2014 8:39am
elementmx wrote:
First of all ADD is basically a fabricated condition that allows big pharma to peddle mass amounts of drugs. There is no biological basis for ADD...
First of all ADD is basically a fabricated condition that allows big pharma to peddle mass amounts of drugs. There is no biological basis for ADD, no direct biological measurements determine if some has ADD, that is fact.

But back to the main point...adderall and most add meds are AMPHETAMINES...very, very similar to METH. Google it.

And yes, everyone is very biologically unique and will react different, but the very large majority of people receive sort of a very energized but FOCUSED effect from these drugs. Im a huge js fan but theres no way adderall aint a PED.
This ^^^^^^^
6/20/2014 9:00am
elementmx wrote:
First of all ADD is basically a fabricated condition that allows big pharma to peddle mass amounts of drugs. There is no biological basis for ADD...

Wth?

You my friend have zero clue on what your talking about!! I would love for you to meet my neighbors son who has add! It is no joke and far from a fabricated condition, get in touch with a person who has a real case of add or adhd and get back to us....
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
6/20/2014 9:37am
All these Stewart based ADHD threads are giving me ADHD.
mx317
6/20/2014 9:44am
elementmx wrote:

ADD is real, but it is over diagnosed in my opinion and in many cases ADD stands for "adults don't discipline". As an elementary school principal, I have had students who could not function without their medicine. I have also had some that were spoiled brats because their parents never disciplined them.
Cygnus
6/20/2014 9:50am
mx317 wrote:
ADD is real, but it is over diagnosed in my opinion and in many cases ADD stands for "adults don't discipline". As an elementary school principal...
ADD is real, but it is over diagnosed in my opinion and in many cases ADD stands for "adults don't discipline". As an elementary school principal, I have had students who could not function without their medicine. I have also had some that were spoiled brats because their parents never disciplined them.
Bam! Nailed it!
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
6/20/2014 9:53am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2014 9:55am
elementmx wrote:

mx317 wrote:
ADD is real, but it is over diagnosed in my opinion and in many cases ADD stands for "adults don't discipline". As an elementary school principal...
Good point..I'm a DH in a Technical school. My take on it is that while some kids truly need meds, other kids can easily manipulate a medical evaluation and get prescribed, Therefore, they get a "Diagnosis" that allows them to perform at a lower standard than other kids.
mx317
6/20/2014 10:00am
Steve125 wrote:
Good point..I'm a DH in a Technical school. My take on it is that while some kids truly need meds, other kids can easily manipulate a...
Good point..I'm a DH in a Technical school. My take on it is that while some kids truly need meds, other kids can easily manipulate a medical evaluation and get prescribed, Therefore, they get a "Diagnosis" that allows them to perform at a lower standard than other kids.
At the risk of going off topic, I've had parents coach their kids on how to act to try to get them in special ed so they can get a bigger check from the government.
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
6/20/2014 10:09am
mx317 wrote:
At the risk of going off topic, I've had parents coach their kids on how to act to try to get them in special ed so...
At the risk of going off topic, I've had parents coach their kids on how to act to try to get them in special ed so they can get a bigger check from the government.
Sickening...but unfortunately true.

Post a reply to: Adderall makes me SLOW!!!

The Latest