Actual Kit For 2003-2007 KX125/250 to 2018 Plastic Conversion

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2018 2:43 PM

|

4/27/2018 3:22 PM

If you think you can make that for under $275 then why don’t you. That’s pretty reasonable.

|

4/27/2018 5:39 PM

If only i had a waterjet table....

|

4/27/2018 6:29 PM

Funny this popped up. Saw on Facebook recently where a guy was trying to sell a 04 250 with this style kit. He had the updated plastic & front end and was trying to sell it for 6k advertising it as a 2018 KX250.

|

4/27/2018 6:34 PM

Looks like they got the cart before the horse on this one. Hope the fitment is better than the finish. Yikes.

|

4/27/2018 6:37 PM

Steadman wrote:

Looks like they got the cart before the horse on this one. Hope the fitment is better than the finish. Yikes.

exactly, looks like a bastard file was used to face it ermm

|

2003 CR250R - 2006 KX250 (freessshhhh)

4/27/2018 6:43 PM

+1. Didn't realize "flap disc" was a finish type.

|

4/27/2018 9:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2018 9:25 PM

Delete.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

4/27/2018 9:37 PM

The complete TX Race kit costs $398.09 in US Dollars that comes with EVERYTHING, plastics, brackets etc.... this KX125/250 is just a handful of bits and pieces along with a fuel tank/fuel pump eliminator plate.... materials-wise its hard to justify a cost like that.

I am 100% aware that there is some cost associated with R&D but anyone that understands economics wouldve recouped those costs back so much faster with a more reasonable price for the kit. Theyd see a lot more allowing them to build a brand out of this bec it has the potential to be as popular as the tx race conversion CR125/250 restyle kit of the 2013-2016 CRF450 Which I think looks worlds better than the 2017 2018 CR restyle kit

Heres a rough idea on what the rest of the stuff costs
Acerbis Complete Kx250f plastics kit $120
OEM KX250f Gas Tank $463.25
Subframe +/- $250 (motosport says n/a so i checked ebay and averaged it)
Airbox $145 (with front plate to join airboot and airbox)
Seat $307 .... this is brand new OEM im sure there are less expensive ways to get this

So aside from the (in my opinion) overly priced kit, This is the cost of the parts needed to do the conversion:
$1285.25.... holy crap!!! you could easily find a second 03-up Kx125 or KX250 for that!!

Add in the $295 (includes the $20 shipping which is insane looking at the size of the parts and would-be package)

$1580.25 is a down the road rough estimate for all the stuff youd need to upgrade an 03-07 KX125/250 to 2018 KX250f plastics and I have ZERO data on the fit, finish or quality of the kit for that matter.

I REALLY wanted to do this conversion and im VERY SURE there are a lot of you, including myself that could easily shave a LOT off the $1580.25 build cost using ebay but still id have a hard time wanting to do it for anything over $600 bec id be wanting to upgrade the forks, brakes, engine porting etc and would rather have a second bike if i found a deal at or under $1500

|

4/27/2018 10:20 PM

Photo

there is a guy on youtube that built one , with the kit listed on top.

looks kinda nice !

@Tyler Monagan
|

2002 KX125 (SOLD)/2001 KX250 (SOLD)
1999 KX250 (SOLD)
2016 RM-Z250(SOLD)
2018 KTM 150XC-W(current)

4/27/2018 11:05 PM

^^^ Agree, looks great. I was under the impression that Pro Circuit had a kit in the works. Hell, I'd be happy if a company would make a bolt on plastics kit that is unique in its own way. Take the 03_07 KX bike's, maybe extend the rear fender with updated character lines with a bit of curve downward, update the shrouds and sideplates to a more aggressive look, put a fair price the kit and let it rip. Give a little love to our older KX's, CR's and RM's like the YZ's get.... rant over.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

4/28/2018 1:09 AM

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who still loves the 03+ shape and still thinks it's a clean, fresh design. Really not a fan of the 16 shape kxf plastics, especially the areas aroud the rad shroud and fuel tank and rad shroud leading into the rear number plates.

|

4/28/2018 5:41 AM

All of that for $275? I could make those kits for about $40 with a hefty profit packed in to the 40. Dude is wanting to retire off those kits. Or pay for a waterjet he didnt tell his wife he was buying

|

4/28/2018 6:06 AM

Arrowangel wrote: Photo

there is a guy on youtube that built one , with the kit listed on top.

looks kinda nice !

@Tyler Monagan

Wow, I am seriously impressed. It looks great.

|

4/28/2018 6:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2018 6:12 AM

Arrowangel wrote: Photo

there is a guy on youtube that built one , with the kit listed on top.

looks kinda nice !

@Tyler Monagan

Holy heck!! That looks amazing! KAWASAKI SHOULD BE BUILDING EXACTLY THIS! Bring it in at a great price and make racing affordable again.

|

4/28/2018 6:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2018 6:14 AM

Arrowangel wrote: Photo

there is a guy on youtube that built one , with the kit listed on top.

looks kinda nice !

@Tyler Monagan

Steadman wrote:

Holy heck!! That looks amazing! KAWASAKI SHOULD BE BUILDING EXACTLY THIS! Bring it in at a great price and make racing affordable again.

For tyler monagan to build that, it cost $9000. Take off $2000 for restoration costs, you got a $7000 bike. Hardly cheaper than buying a new 2 stroke.

|

4/28/2018 6:20 AM

kb228 wrote:

For tyler monagan to build that, it cost $9000. Take off $2000 for restoration costs, you got a $7000 bike. Hardly cheaper than buying a new 2 stroke.

No doubt it cost a lot, I'm just saying Kawasaki could bring that in at an affordable price.

|

4/28/2018 6:27 AM

.kyle wrote:

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who still loves the 03+ shape and still thinks it's a clean, fresh design. Really not a fan of the 16 shape kxf plastics, especially the areas aroud the rad shroud and fuel tank and rad shroud leading into the rear number plates.

You're not the only one . I think they look better as is.

|

4/28/2018 9:06 AM

.kyle wrote:

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who still loves the 03+ shape and still thinks it's a clean, fresh design. Really not a fan of the 16 shape kxf plastics, especially the areas aroud the rad shroud and fuel tank and rad shroud leading into the rear number plates.

I am right there with you. I cringe when I see a newer style front fender bolted on one of the older Kawis. I like the look of the newer four strokes, but not on the two stroke chassis.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

4/28/2018 10:09 AM

The kit from pro circuit was double or triple that price. I can’t remember anymore but I got a quote on it awhile back.

|

6/12/2018 7:15 PM

Glad to see this kit is getting some publicity. I made that lit on Monaghans bike. And yes they are 275 plus shipping. The plastic pieces cost 75-100 in themselves per kit to make. That includes cutting and purchasing the plastic. I understand 275 is a lot of money. But John primo, the guy who made the pro circuit one sells them for 485 a peice. And there’s no difference between them. The plastic is HDPE and it’s all precision cut. And it’s been tested in my own personal bike for over 80 hours now and is still working flawless. All of you guys say you could make one. If so more power to ya! But it will not come out looking this nice or be as high of quality. In the end I am making 100-125 dollars. Nothing crazy. But it makes it worth while.

|

6/12/2018 7:35 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

The complete TX Race kit costs $398.09 in US Dollars that comes with EVERYTHING, plastics, brackets etc.... this KX125/250 is just a handful of bits and pieces along with a fuel tank/fuel pump eliminator plate.... materials-wise its hard to justify a cost like that.

I am 100% aware that there is some cost associated with R&D but anyone that understands economics wouldve recouped those costs back so much faster with a more reasonable price for the kit. Theyd see a lot more allowing them to build a brand out of this bec it has the potential to be as popular as the tx race conversion CR125/250 restyle kit of the 2013-2016 CRF450 Which I think looks worlds better than the 2017 2018 CR restyle kit

Heres a rough idea on what the rest of the stuff costs
Acerbis Complete Kx250f plastics kit $120
OEM KX250f Gas Tank $463.25
Subframe +/- $250 (motosport says n/a so i checked ebay and averaged it)
Airbox $145 (with front plate to join airboot and airbox)
Seat $307 .... this is brand new OEM im sure there are less expensive ways to get this

So aside from the (in my opinion) overly priced kit, This is the cost of the parts needed to do the conversion:
$1285.25.... holy crap!!! you could easily find a second 03-up Kx125 or KX250 for that!!

Add in the $295 (includes the $20 shipping which is insane looking at the size of the parts and would-be package)

$1580.25 is a down the road rough estimate for all the stuff youd need to upgrade an 03-07 KX125/250 to 2018 KX250f plastics and I have ZERO data on the fit, finish or quality of the kit for that matter.

I REALLY wanted to do this conversion and im VERY SURE there are a lot of you, including myself that could easily shave a LOT off the $1580.25 build cost using ebay but still id have a hard time wanting to do it for anything over $600 bec id be wanting to upgrade the forks, brakes, engine porting etc and would rather have a second bike if i found a deal at or under $1500

I'd like one too, but they're not for everybody. Have to pay to play. The TX Race kit is nothing like this conversion.

|

6/12/2018 7:38 PM

Very true and I don’t see one for a kx either.

|

6/12/2018 9:51 PM

There is always people complaining about price, but no one usually steps up to make a competing kit. Honestly tho, cheaper price with less profit might mean selling a lot more kits, which is more profit in the long run. Kit is nice tho.

|

6/13/2018 11:07 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

The complete TX Race kit costs $398.09 in US Dollars that comes with EVERYTHING, plastics, brackets etc.... this KX125/250 is just a handful of bits and pieces along with a fuel tank/fuel pump eliminator plate.... materials-wise its hard to justify a cost like that.

I am 100% aware that there is some cost associated with R&D but anyone that understands economics wouldve recouped those costs back so much faster with a more reasonable price for the kit. Theyd see a lot more allowing them to build a brand out of this bec it has the potential to be as popular as the tx race conversion CR125/250 restyle kit of the 2013-2016 CRF450 Which I think looks worlds better than the 2017 2018 CR restyle kit

Heres a rough idea on what the rest of the stuff costs
Acerbis Complete Kx250f plastics kit $120
OEM KX250f Gas Tank $463.25
Subframe +/- $250 (motosport says n/a so i checked ebay and averaged it)
Airbox $145 (with front plate to join airboot and airbox)
Seat $307 .... this is brand new OEM im sure there are less expensive ways to get this

So aside from the (in my opinion) overly priced kit, This is the cost of the parts needed to do the conversion:
$1285.25.... holy crap!!! you could easily find a second 03-up Kx125 or KX250 for that!!

Add in the $295 (includes the $20 shipping which is insane looking at the size of the parts and would-be package)

$1580.25 is a down the road rough estimate for all the stuff youd need to upgrade an 03-07 KX125/250 to 2018 KX250f plastics and I have ZERO data on the fit, finish or quality of the kit for that matter.

I REALLY wanted to do this conversion and im VERY SURE there are a lot of you, including myself that could easily shave a LOT off the $1580.25 build cost using ebay but still id have a hard time wanting to do it for anything over $600 bec id be wanting to upgrade the forks, brakes, engine porting etc and would rather have a second bike if i found a deal at or under $1500

This. Dumping $1500 to update a bike's plastic to a newer model (which imo doesn't look *that* much better than OEM last gen KX)... is dumb.

You can also write to Acerbis to inquire about a retro kit for the 03-07 KX125/250. They've made kits for the same era CR and YZ, if they see enough interest a kit will be produced for our KX's.

Acerbis USA | Dirtbike Plastic and Accessories
110 LINDSAY CIRCLE
KETCHUM ID, 83340

1-800-659-1440
support@acerbis.com

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

6/13/2018 11:09 AM

.kyle wrote:

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who still loves the 03+ shape and still thinks it's a clean, fresh design. Really not a fan of the 16 shape kxf plastics, especially the areas aroud the rad shroud and fuel tank and rad shroud leading into the rear number plates.

Not a fan of newer KX-F plastic either. The rear fender jutting out past the rear tire kills me every time I see it. I love sharp lines when done well, but Kaw just doesn't look as good as it did.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

8/2/2018 8:22 AM

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does someone know where to get this mounting kit? I don’t see it on eBay anymore

|

8/2/2018 9:03 AM

I’ve been wanting to do this conversion so bad lately. I think Tyler Monogan made a link on his YouTube channel for where he got his kit. I know one of the commenters was name dropping a company in NZ selling them for 275ish I believe

|

8/2/2018 10:37 AM

I found it finally by searching KX 250 plastic conversion. They said it won’t work for 05-07 KX 250, is the frame different from the 03-04’s? Does anyone know if the sub frame from an 05 KX 125 is the same as an 07 KX 250?

|

8/2/2018 10:49 AM

Contact Jon Primo by instagram
You’ll have a quick answer for every questions about the kit

|