Acerbis Air X-seat, anyone tried it?

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
Edited Date/Time 12/4/2020 6:14am
Anyone tried the new(ish?) Air x seat from acerbis? Looks pretty cool in the ability to control the firmness by setting the air pressure to whatever you want.

air x seat
|
mtl
9/8/2020 11:28am
I've been running the original one-piece seat from them for many years now and love it.

Will def be trying this new one out ASAP.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/8/2020 11:39am
mtl wrote:
I've been running the original one-piece seat from them for many years now and love it.

Nice, what are some of the pros and cons you found with the original?
mxbrian15
9/8/2020 11:39am
That's actually is a pretty cool idea. The only drawback I see is the firmer you want it, the taller the seat gets (technically). However, that may be negligible. Other than that, it's pretty rad. Wonder what the weight difference is from, say, a stock KTM seat?
AH387
9/8/2020 11:41am
I may get it and if I don't like it, convert it to a spring seat.

JK, that is pretty interesting. Seems like a cool idea. I think the original one was already a tad heavy, so I assume this may be even more? Not that it's a huge deal. But it looks like a lot of thought went into it. I'd like to hear some reviews.

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/8/2020 12:02pm
mxbrian15 wrote:
That's actually is a pretty cool idea. The only drawback I see is the firmer you want it, the taller the seat gets (technically). However, that...
That's actually is a pretty cool idea. The only drawback I see is the firmer you want it, the taller the seat gets (technically). However, that may be negligible. Other than that, it's pretty rad. Wonder what the weight difference is from, say, a stock KTM seat?
Yes I think to some degree but I bet the air chamber reaches a point where it isn't really stretching or expanding anymore, I don't think that chamber has much elasticity in it.
mtl
9/8/2020 7:58pm
mtl wrote:

soggy wrote:
Nice, what are some of the pros and cons you found with the original?
They last forever - 150+ hours on each and I never have to do a seat cover.

Some folks think they are stiff, I don't agree. I don't feel any difference when riding.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/9/2020 6:56am
Thanks, anyone else given these a shot yet?
cwel11
9/9/2020 4:59pm
Had two so far. Love em. Never take the seat off to wash. No seat foam breakdown. Took me a ride to get used to it but now I’m a lifer.
cwel11
9/9/2020 5:02pm
Edit I have the non adjustable one, but sorta feel the adjustable seat is a bit gimmicky. Think the old pump sneakers from the 90s lol
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/10/2020 6:37am
cwel11 wrote:
Edit I have the non adjustable one, but sorta feel the adjustable seat is a bit gimmicky. Think the old pump sneakers from the 90s lol
I somewhat agree, I will probably buy one set the pressure once and never change it, other then to make sure it's holding air.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
9/10/2020 6:46am
cwel11 wrote:
soggy wrote:
I somewhat agree, I will probably buy one set the pressure once and never change it, other then to make sure it's holding air.
May have to check it to verify correct pressure and rider sag between motos and week to week... LOL
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/10/2020 1:46pm
cwel11 wrote:
soggy wrote:
FGR01 wrote:
May have to check it to verify correct pressure and rider sag between motos and week to week... LOL
Good point, the air pressure fitting should be at the rear of the seat.
twentythreemx
Fantasy
1411th
10/4/2020 2:26pm
Bumping this up. Anyone got any time on one yet? Any reviews? Any weight comparisons over stock or the original x seat?
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
10/4/2020 3:05pm
I saw those and wanted to get one for my ‘07 CRF 250 build. Unfortunately, doesn’t look like they have one that fits.
tobz
10/4/2020 3:48pm
Went close to ordering one but I want a taller, not as firm seat. Obviously this seat gets rock hard when you make it taller than stock.
Bruce372
10/4/2020 6:20pm
I am surprised no one on here has bought one, Insisted they can feel 2lbs pressure difference and that it needs a spring conversion
twentythreemx
Fantasy
1411th
10/5/2020 9:39am
acerbis replied to me and said its heavier than the stock seat, same weight as regular x seat. was hoping it would be lighter.

no idea how much heavier though. i hate the idea of adding any additional weight for something.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
10/5/2020 11:44am
acerbis replied to me and said its heavier than the stock seat, same weight as regular x seat. was hoping it would be lighter. no idea...
acerbis replied to me and said its heavier than the stock seat, same weight as regular x seat. was hoping it would be lighter.

no idea how much heavier though. i hate the idea of adding any additional weight for something.
Is be curious to weigh the difference on a well used stock seat, chances are it's quite a bit heavier then when new I'd guess.
twentythreemx
Fantasy
1411th
10/5/2020 12:30pm
acerbis replied to me and said its heavier than the stock seat, same weight as regular x seat. was hoping it would be lighter. no idea...

soggy wrote:
Is be curious to weigh the difference on a well used stock seat, chances are it's quite a bit heavier then when new I'd guess.
that's a good question I've never thought of that. I've definitely taken some seats off that are pretty soggy.. ha..see what i did there.

if i remember when my new bike comes in I will weigh the stock vs the one w/ 40 hrs on it.

really want to try one of these seats just to try something different. not sure how hideous it will be or not. just hate to add excessive weight when i spend money on things to decrease it. seems counter productive. but at end of the day i know a pound or 2 isnt going to make a difference on my lap times lol

Motofinne
10/6/2020 12:15am

soggy wrote:
that's a good question I've never thought of that. I've definitely taken some seats off that are pretty soggy.. ha..see what i did there. if i...
that's a good question I've never thought of that. I've definitely taken some seats off that are pretty soggy.. ha..see what i did there.

if i remember when my new bike comes in I will weigh the stock vs the one w/ 40 hrs on it.

really want to try one of these seats just to try something different. not sure how hideous it will be or not. just hate to add excessive weight when i spend money on things to decrease it. seems counter productive. but at end of the day i know a pound or 2 isnt going to make a difference on my lap times lol

I have the air version on my YZ250F. I'm very picky when it comes to the seat on the bike, it is probably the most important thing i do (excluding suspension) when i get a bike. It needs to be firm, and there needs to be loads of grip.

The only way to keep it that way is to go through probably 3 or 4 sets of foams and seat covers per season or get the X-seat. I'm not loaded with money (3-4 sets of high quality foams + covers is a lot of money) so the gained weight of the X-seat is something i can accept.

I'll probably get a SXF 350 soon and the X-seat is the first thing i will order for it.
MZ193
10/6/2020 12:29am
soggy wrote:
that's a good question I've never thought of that. I've definitely taken some seats off that are pretty soggy.. ha..see what i did there. if i...

Motofinne wrote:
I have the air version on my YZ250F. I'm very picky when it comes to the seat on the bike, it is probably the most important...
I have the air version on my YZ250F. I'm very picky when it comes to the seat on the bike, it is probably the most important thing i do (excluding suspension) when i get a bike. It needs to be firm, and there needs to be loads of grip.

The only way to keep it that way is to go through probably 3 or 4 sets of foams and seat covers per season or get the X-seat. I'm not loaded with money (3-4 sets of high quality foams + covers is a lot of money) so the gained weight of the X-seat is something i can accept.

I'll probably get a SXF 350 soon and the X-seat is the first thing i will order for it.
Ktm's seats are very firm and durable. My friend with a 2018 sxf 250 at 100 hours has still the original seat foam and it is firmer than a brand new blackbird seat foam for my kxf 250.
You will just need to go through some seat covers on the ktm, the grip is shitty.
I highly recommend you Selle Dalla Valle seat covers, they are amazing.
Motofinne
10/6/2020 12:37am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2020 12:38am

Motofinne wrote:
I have the air version on my YZ250F. I'm very picky when it comes to the seat on the bike, it is probably the most important...

MZ193 wrote:
Ktm's seats are very firm and durable. My friend with a 2018 sxf 250 at 100 hours has still the original seat foam and it is...
Ktm's seats are very firm and durable. My friend with a 2018 sxf 250 at 100 hours has still the original seat foam and it is firmer than a brand new blackbird seat foam for my kxf 250.
You will just need to go through some seat covers on the ktm, the grip is shitty.
I highly recommend you Selle Dalla Valle seat covers, they are amazing.
Not firm enough. I rode the 2021 bikes and i like it firmer, and like you say the seat cover is bad. I had Selle Dalla Valle on my SXF450 Factory Edition and chewed it up after about 15 hours. They provide great grip, that is for sure! I have a friend that only runs Selle Dalla Valle covers on his SXF 250 but he goes through 4 of them every year.

Motofinne
10/6/2020 7:19am
I got a request to post a pic of the seat trough a PM. So here we go.

twentythreemx
Fantasy
1411th
10/6/2020 8:26am
cool. different. dont love it or hate it. thanks for sharing. any idea how much heavier than stock it really is?
pummel
Fantasy
432nd
10/6/2020 12:56pm
I have air seat on my 20 EXC 500 and it’s really firm even with no air. Pulled the air bag out and like it better but still pretty firm. Grip is great and wear is awesome.
Skerby
10/6/2020 1:14pm
Anyone else just stand up a lot?
motomike137
10/6/2020 1:56pm
That thing is pretty cool but they need to spell check their graphics at around the 39 second mark Smile
mtl
10/6/2020 2:30pm
Motofinne wrote:
Not firm enough. I rode the 2021 bikes and i like it firmer, and like you say the seat cover is bad. I had Selle Dalla...
Not firm enough. I rode the 2021 bikes and i like it firmer, and like you say the seat cover is bad. I had Selle Dalla Valle on my SXF450 Factory Edition and chewed it up after about 15 hours. They provide great grip, that is for sure! I have a friend that only runs Selle Dalla Valle covers on his SXF 250 but he goes through 4 of them every year.

Exactly why this one-piece seat is amazing!

Doing seat covers sucks and it eliminates that work.
twentythreemx
Fantasy
1411th
12/3/2020 7:19pm
well, i got one. i dont love it or hate it. its interesting. its not as noticeable adjusting from either no air in it, to the max .6 BAR. I put it on a new bike that I'm not really used to yet too.. I will switch back to try the stock seat at some point to compare again. I'll play around w/ different air pressure in it too at some point..i like the amount of grip, not too much not too little. doesnt grab like the ribs do. its hard, even at 0 psi.. I think it was more noticeable that it was taller / flatter w/ more air then any harder.. I'm hoping maybe the foam will soften up a little after a few hours.

Its a good conversation piece at the track, so far thats about it. Everyone says its ugly, a few people like it, lol.

Its heavier than stock, I weighed them just for the hell of it.

20 yz450f stock seat w/ a motoseat cover on it was 2lb 8.8oz, the x seat was 3lb 9 oz, so a little over a pound heavier. nothing id ever notice on a bike, but then when you spend $1000 on the ti exhaust you're questioning why you'd add weight with a seat lol

here it is on my 21 250f, never put it on my 450 and tried it.

Post a reply to: Acerbis Air X-seat, anyone tried it?

The Latest