Accountant embezzles $1.8 million from Suzuki America...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2019 12:28 PM

|

10/4/2019 12:31 PM

Yorba Linda is a sunny place for shady people.

|

10/4/2019 12:32 PM

No wonder the bikes don't ever receive any updates!

|

Tony Alessi, "I think it's time to have more kids so I can have hopes of actually raising a champion."

10/4/2019 12:39 PM

Well that should free up some money for JGR!

|

10/4/2019 12:50 PM

Sloppy management at Suzuki? No Shit?

Thanks Captain Obvious...

|

10/4/2019 1:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 1:26 PM

Fairly common...I spent 8 years working for one of the Japanese big four (not Suzuki). My boss was stealing money for many years...Japanese are trusting people.

He set up a trucking company in his wife’s madden name and then leased the semi’s to the company...wrote the lucrative contract and then signed it himself. He would order equipment for the shop and then have it shipped to his house (CNC, Bridgeport, washer, dryer) Took ATVs and motorcycles home and never brought them back. When product ( pre-prod and production ) were to be destroyed he would fake photos to show they were destroyed and sell the product to a friend who would resell...both pocketed the money. He would fill his vehicles up at the companies on-site gas pump...I could go on and on...

|

10/4/2019 1:41 PM

I'd have ratted that fucker out way before the list could get that long!

|

10/4/2019 1:45 PM

Interesting what will happen to her, seems to me like steeling money in America is no big deal.

Read a story about a Gal that stole 900K from a charity, She got 1 year , how many would sit in jail for a year for 900K?

|

10/4/2019 1:46 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Fairly common...I spent 8 years working for one of the Japanese big four (not Suzuki). My boss was stealing money for many years...Japanese are trusting people.

He set up a trucking company in his wife’s madden name and then leased the semi’s to the company...wrote the lucrative contract and then signed it himself. He would order equipment for the shop and then have it shipped to his house (CNC, Bridgeport, washer, dryer) Took ATVs and motorcycles home and never brought them back. When product ( pre-prod and production ) were to be destroyed he would fake photos to show they were destroyed and sell the product to a friend who would resell...both pocketed the money. He would fill his vehicles up at the companies on-site gas pump...I could go on and on...

It’s a shame you didn’t report him!

|

10/4/2019 1:49 PM

Brent wrote:

Sloppy management at Suzuki? No Shit?

Thanks Captain Obvious...

they're more worried about a fraction of a horse power than a measly couple million dollars bro

|

10/4/2019 1:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 1:57 PM

Brad460 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

We did many many times...that’s where the “Japanese are trusting” thing comes in. They took his word none of that above was happening..he was good friends was the higher ups at the company. He “came up” through the company with those who were now in charge..

|

10/4/2019 2:02 PM

|

10/4/2019 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 2:40 PM

Now we know where Dungey's bonus money went.

I know, it was after he left, but still made me chuckle.

|

10/4/2019 2:58 PM

Good to see the judge has a sense of humor, bail set at 1.8M

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

10/4/2019 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 3:15 PM

500guy wrote:

Interesting what will happen to her, seems to me like steeling money in America is no big deal.

Read a story about a Gal that stole 900K from a charity, She got 1 year , how many would sit in jail for a year for 900K?

civil lawsuit she would have to pay most of that money back or/and asset seizure.

|

10/4/2019 3:16 PM

Brad460 wrote:

We did many many times...that’s where the “Japanese are trusting” thing comes in. They took his word none of that above was happening..he was good friends was the higher ups at the company. He “came up” through the company with those who were now in charge..

That's weird because they rotate Japanese managers in and out every 3-5 years.

|

10/4/2019 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 3:37 PM

I love Orange County.

|

10/4/2019 3:35 PM

So that’s where the money for electric start went!!!!

I knew it all along.

|

10/4/2019 3:40 PM

|

10/4/2019 3:51 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Wow. Completely different opinion I have working for the Japanese. Not in the motorcycle industry. As part of a start company they grew to become a major player. Several sales, managers etc had well over 10-15years. Very little turn over. Outlasted all the wash and rinse through the equity firms when we were out growing our original owners pocket books . Still manage to grow and increase margins. Was sold to an extremely large Japanese company. The lack of respect and the way the treat hard working, loyal people was simply amazing. The reaction time to get anything done, was one of the most painful process I had experienced in an field that I have represented for nearly 20yrs. Needles to say, turnover in the last 18 months is higher than we had seen in 10years. As for sales, 2019 is a complete lost. A $1.4billion purchase has become very costly for this company.
Sorry for rant.
Carry on.

|

10/4/2019 5:54 PM

Had to look up her face, looks like trash to me

|

10/4/2019 6:03 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

RMT wrote:

That's weird because they rotate Japanese managers in and out every 3-5 years.

When I was there they did 5 yr rotations...but I am talking guys who where there 30+ years, they typically settled into more stable management roles. He was close friends with the USA Division president (we hung out at his lake house).

My boss’s bonus was based on how well he kept the budget in line- one evening we found him pumping out a holding tank (shop run off, including gas, coolant and oil) into the woods to save on the cost to have it pumped..

I could go on and on with these kind of stories...I am more surprised they caught this lady...

|