Absolutely In Awe Of This John Grewe Beast. How Savage is this dude?

Rupert X
Edited Date/Time 6/17/2020 8:32pm
And how old is he ?

|
philG
6/14/2020 6:44am
I watch Lorrettas just to watch him and Barry Carsten knock lumps out of each other.
Racer142
6/14/2020 6:44am
Just a quick Facebook search shows him holding a #1 plate for 50+ class
JohnnyD13
6/14/2020 6:44am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2020 6:45am
They need to do a story on him. I’ve seen him beat everyone in the age classes. I’m not sure if he raced Pro back in the day but he is the new Kevin Walker
Mr. Afterbar
6/14/2020 6:45am
That’s so impressive. I wonder how much time he dedicates to training and riding. I don’t know anything about him other than he wasn’t an uber-successful pro and is possibly the most bad ass vet rider in existence.

The Shop

JOHN CHOATE
6/14/2020 7:06am
Kevin Walker will be returning to Lorettas this year to battle and possibly beat Grewe. Kevin is riding great by the way! I’d love to watch this showdown but I won’t be able to. I’m in the same class. Wink
Rupert X
6/14/2020 7:11am
Kevin Walker will be returning to Lorettas this year to battle and possibly beat Grewe. Kevin is riding great by the way! I’d love to watch...
Kevin Walker will be returning to Lorettas this year to battle and possibly beat Grewe. Kevin is riding great by the way! I’d love to watch this showdown but I won’t be able to. I’m in the same class. Wink
Best of luck, John.
crowe176
6/14/2020 7:17am
I've been watching Grewe locally since the 90's when I was a kid and I swear he just gets faster every year.
MX Culture
6/14/2020 7:22am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2020 4:33pm
I announce at Red Bud on occasion and I can tell you that John Grewe is in incredible shape. He is thin, lean and strong but can manhandle that 450. He is fast and smooth as can be and will beat many young guys but he generally only races the 40 and 50 class. Maybe 30 or 35 if there is money or contingency. Great starter too. His bikes are clean and sano and he always has the freshest Fox kit on. He’s cool as can be but quiet at the same time.
Great guy, no homo.
JOHN CHOATE
6/14/2020 7:41am
Kevin Walker will be returning to Lorettas this year to battle and possibly beat Grewe. Kevin is riding great by the way! I’d love to watch...
Rupert X wrote:
Best of luck, John.
Thanks RupertX. I met my yearly goal already just making it back to the ranch. I don’t train or ride enough to crack the top 10 anymore though I’ve had some top 5 motos in the past. This is my 14th trip back to LLs I’m proud to say.

Perspective- I feel like I ride really well for an old guy. When I go to local places to ride I can beat most of the young guys pretty often. The speed John Grewe, Barry Carsten and my friend Kevin Walker posses is stupid!!! These guys will likely run lap times at Lorettas that would put them solidly in the Open Pro Sport class! They are so fast it actually pisses me off. Grinning
Rupert X
6/14/2020 8:13am
*To put things in perspective for folks not aware, there are several riders on that entry sheet that finished below John, that have qualified and ridden Pro Nationals, which makes these Red Bud results even more astounding....
Rupert X
6/14/2020 8:21am
MX Culture wrote:
I announce at Red Bud on occasion and I can tell you that John Grewe is in incredible shape. He is thin, lean and strong but...
I announce at Red Bud on occasion and I can tell you that John Grewe is in incredible shape. He is thin, lean and strong but can manhandle that 450. He is fast and smooth as can be and will beat many young guys but he generally only races the 40 and 50 class. Maybe 30 or 35 if there is money or contingency. Great starter too. His bikes are clean and sano and he always has the freshest Fox kit on. He’s cool as can be but quiet at the same time.
Great guy, no homo.
Dave, curious, does The Grewe still hit The Leap?
rob162
6/14/2020 8:41am
MX Culture wrote:
I announce at Red Bud on occasion and I can tell you that John Grewe is in incredible shape. He is thin, lean and strong but...
Great guy, no homo.
Rupert X wrote:
Yes all the the time
MX Culture
6/14/2020 9:21am
MX Culture wrote:
Great guy, no homo.
Rupert X wrote:
Depends on the day, but yes, I’ve seen him do it.
brocster
6/14/2020 9:28am
Rupert X wrote:
Best of luck, John.
Thanks RupertX. I met my yearly goal already just making it back to the ranch. I don’t train or ride enough to crack the top 10...
Thanks RupertX. I met my yearly goal already just making it back to the ranch. I don’t train or ride enough to crack the top 10 anymore though I’ve had some top 5 motos in the past. This is my 14th trip back to LLs I’m proud to say.

Perspective- I feel like I ride really well for an old guy. When I go to local places to ride I can beat most of the young guys pretty often. The speed John Grewe, Barry Carsten and my friend Kevin Walker posses is stupid!!! These guys will likely run lap times at Lorettas that would put them solidly in the Open Pro Sport class! They are so fast it actually pisses me off. Grinning
Don’t sell yourself short. Been seeing your name near the top of the vet classes for quite some time. Congrats on getting in there again. Given em hell...
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
6/14/2020 9:33am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2020 9:34am
The guy is an inspiration. Same goes for Carston, Earl and all the guys still grinding. I was racing Reddick one year and borrowed the inlaws rv. It was having issues in the pits and wouldn't run. I was looking for some wire tie for my grips and asked a few pits next to me and headed to the office. I came back and Earl May had wired my grips and some guy was under my RVs hood working on it and fixed it. Itv was Barry Carsten. I had never met them before but they went out of their way to help a fellow racer. I will never forget that. Huge fans of all these guys.
GregDVT
6/14/2020 9:52am
Is this the same guy the got taken out first lap of 45+ at lorettas and came back to win a few years ago? Probably the best amateur race I’ve ever watched
6/14/2020 11:11am
Rupert X wrote:
*To put things in perspective for folks not aware, there are several riders on that entry sheet that finished below John, that have qualified and ridden...
*To put things in perspective for folks not aware, there are several riders on that entry sheet that finished below John, that have qualified and ridden Pro Nationals, which makes these Red Bud results even more astounding....
Yeah that,s crazy. All the riders everyone listed are super fast. The Midwest has had some fast vets in the past also and some that are super fast now. Look at racerX vet race at Red Bud , you hv to be on it. To crack the top 10.
JohnnyD13
6/14/2020 11:31am
I loved watching Kevin walker ride. I do believe he was faster for sure. I wish he hadn’t stepped away for so long. We all have our issues, and I will be very happy to see him back in action!
JOHN CHOATE
6/14/2020 4:02pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
I loved watching Kevin walker ride. I do believe he was faster for sure. I wish he hadn’t stepped away for so long. We all have...
I loved watching Kevin walker ride. I do believe he was faster for sure. I wish he hadn’t stepped away for so long. We all have our issues, and I will be very happy to see him back in action!
Me too!
JOHN CHOATE
6/14/2020 4:11pm
Rupert X wrote:
Best of luck, John.
Thanks RupertX. I met my yearly goal already just making it back to the ranch. I don’t train or ride enough to crack the top 10...

brocster wrote:
Don’t sell yourself short. Been seeing your name near the top of the vet classes for quite some time. Congrats on getting in there again. Given...
Don’t sell yourself short. Been seeing your name near the top of the vet classes for quite some time. Congrats on getting in there again. Given em hell...
Thanks for the kind words brocster, I appreciate it.
Just to give you an idea how little I ride I bought my ‘20 in August 2019. I changed the oil on it again the week before the regional last week and I had 4.18 hours on it! A little over four hours in 10 months. Sad
teggers
6/17/2020 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2020 8:26pm
I like this photo.....It's the only time I ever was ahead of JG! Not for long! I have so much respect for JG. Keep on beating the kids.

JMR1976
6/17/2020 8:32pm
Great now he can preach to us after the race then film us in the shitter America at it’s finest!

Post a reply to: Absolutely In Awe Of This John Grewe Beast. How Savage is this dude?

The Latest