About the new Shoei helmet.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 9:14 AM

I'm currently waiting for Shoei to release their new helmet, which is scheduled in march here in Europe, and I noticed that it is already for sale in the US market. I wonder why? Is the euro model diferent than the US one?

|

1/20/2018 9:16 AM

That’s a bummer! My buddy picked one up two days ago and I checked one out last night.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/20/2018 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 9:23 AM

Where did you hear about March? I asked my dealer and they told me late January.

I'm going to ask again on monday.

Edit: I just checked dirtbikebitz and they are out of stock/pre order. I wonder if my dealer got something wrong when i asked them. Anyways, i'll return to this thread on Monday when i get a new answer.

|

1/20/2018 9:24 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Where did you hear about March? I asked my dealer and they told me late January.

Edit: I just checked dirtbikebitz and they are out of stock/pre order. I wonder if my dealer got something wrong when i asked them. Anyways, i'll return to this thread on Monday when i get a new answer.

I saw it on the Shoei europe website.

|

1/20/2018 9:32 AM

Motofinne wrote:

mmcmx wrote:

Yeah i saw that too. Bummer.

But there is probably a reason for it. The helmet is called VFX-WR in Europe and VFX-EVO in North America, i wonder if there is actually some small differences?

|

1/20/2018 9:35 AM

Motofinne wrote:

mmcmx wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

But there is probably a reason for it. The helmet is called VFX-WR in Europe and VFX-EVO in North America, i wonder if there is actually some small differences?

One will be SNELL, one will be ECE.

|

1/20/2018 9:36 AM

mmcmx wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

Tuna wrote:

Yeah that was what i was thinking.

I don't think any helmets here have the SNELL rating.

|

1/20/2018 9:59 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I'm hoping that will mean a few grams less.

|

1/20/2018 10:07 AM

Tuna wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

mmcmx wrote:

I'm hoping that will mean a few grams less.

I would count on that!

|

1/20/2018 10:27 AM

I only buy ECE helmets.

|