AXO USA done

crusher773
Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 10:29am
So I have been an AXO support rider for several years now and I am needing some new gear. I sent an email couple days ago asking when new colors would be dropping because I don't like any of the current stuff as it has too much white in it. I got an email back that they aren't going to be bringing MX gear into the US anymore. Didn't even send an email to their riders letting us know. Kinda sucks because I really liked that gear and it help up well. Stinks that they are going away maybe they'll come back again later.
|
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
10/25/2018 11:27am
Yeah I hope they come back someday, they where awsome in the early 90's
Weird to think that there are so many riders that dont know how bad ass they where at one time, I guess were getting old.
10/25/2018 3:45pm
crusher773 wrote:
So I have been an AXO support rider for several years now and I am needing some new gear. I sent an email couple days ago...
So I have been an AXO support rider for several years now and I am needing some new gear. I sent an email couple days ago asking when new colors would be dropping because I don't like any of the current stuff as it has too much white in it. I got an email back that they aren't going to be bringing MX gear into the US anymore. Didn't even send an email to their riders letting us know. Kinda sucks because I really liked that gear and it help up well. Stinks that they are going away maybe they'll come back again later.
All of yamaha’s Amateur teams in OZ are sponsored by AXO so I’m sure its available here. Dollar exchange rate might be in your favour as well
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 3:51pm
crusher773 wrote:
So I have been an AXO support rider for several years now and I am needing some new gear. I sent an email couple days ago...
All of yamaha’s Amateur teams in OZ are sponsored by AXO so I’m sure its available here. Dollar exchange rate might be in your favour as...
All of yamaha’s Amateur teams in OZ are sponsored by AXO so I’m sure its available here. Dollar exchange rate might be in your favour as well
Wonder if you guys get the gear from Europe.

The Shop

RangerLee
10/25/2018 4:41pm
I LOVED AXO gear, wanted it so bad in the late 80's, and even some for downhill mountain biking in the early 90's. They looked great and had an aggressive style to them.

It is a shame, but our dirt bike market gets smaller and smaller leading to a smaller gear market.
YZed250
10/25/2018 5:14pm
1990s AXO: badass!
2010+ AXO: Meh ...
You can do a lot better than 'AXO rider support program deal' at any of the major online gear closeouts, with free shipping and more to choose from. No reason to be upset. The 'new' AXO is a shadow of what the brand once was.
jrminiquad
10/25/2018 6:55pm
My son has been on their support program the last couple of years and heard some rumblings earlier this year that they may be done in the U.S.

He contacted them specifically about this and they denied everything. Just a few months ago they only had one set of gear left that was available in his size.

The girl they had working for them that really did wonders with their amateur program left st the end of 2017 from what I believe was too big of differences on running the U.S. operations with the European management at the California office.

He switched gear programs a couple of months ago after seeing the writing on the wall.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
10/25/2018 7:30pm
crusher773 wrote:
All of yamaha’s Amateur teams in OZ are sponsored by AXO so I’m sure its available here. Dollar exchange rate might be in your favour as...
From my understanding it’s gone here as well, notice all the Yamaha supported riders at the 65cup have moved over to Scott.
Brtp4
10/25/2018 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 10:29am
My understanding is that the entire company, Italy and all, is shutting down.

BP
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/25/2018 8:52pm
jrminiquad wrote:
My son has been on their support program the last couple of years and heard some rumblings earlier this year that they may be done in...
My son has been on their support program the last couple of years and heard some rumblings earlier this year that they may be done in the U.S.

He contacted them specifically about this and they denied everything. Just a few months ago they only had one set of gear left that was available in his size.

The girl they had working for them that really did wonders with their amateur program left st the end of 2017 from what I believe was too big of differences on running the U.S. operations with the European management at the California office.

He switched gear programs a couple of months ago after seeing the writing on the wall.
My dad has ridden for them since the early 90’s and Larry Naston was his rep. We have been with them for almost 30 years and the last year wasn’t impressed with their product. My dad ended up with a support program from JT and I ended up with one from O’Neal. Looks like we got out just in time. Such a shame because they are about 15 minutes away and we could always run over to get our stuff when we needed it. They were always great and even though our rep changed probably 6-7 times, they were all great!
gnarwhip
10/25/2018 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/25/2018 9:47pm
It's been done to me ever since Jim Hale left (RIP). Also, and I've said this many times on here, just fyi the original Italian name was going to be Asso, which means "winner" in Italian, but when they went to America, they didn't think having "Ass" in a company name would be a good idea, so they changed it to Axo instead of Asso. It was never meant to be an acronym A.X.O. It's Axo.
10/26/2018 12:48am
gnarwhip wrote:
It's been done to me ever since Jim Hale left (RIP). Also, and I've said this many times on here, just fyi the original Italian name...
It's been done to me ever since Jim Hale left (RIP). Also, and I've said this many times on here, just fyi the original Italian name was going to be Asso, which means "winner" in Italian, but when they went to America, they didn't think having "Ass" in a company name would be a good idea, so they changed it to Axo instead of Asso. It was never meant to be an acronym A.X.O. It's Axo.
Interesting story, I like hearing how brand names came about. The stuff Bradshaw wore in 92 was the nuts, had a couple of sets myself.
slipdog
10/26/2018 6:44am
Yeah... I didn't realize there was still and AXO presence in the US anymore. Can't recall the last time I saw anyone in it.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/26/2018 7:16am
slipdog wrote:
Yeah... I didn't realize there was still and AXO presence in the US anymore. Can't recall the last time I saw anyone in it.
Me that time you came down here and rode LACR Laughing
Parks65
10/26/2018 8:21am
AngryBear wrote:
mid '90's AXO. hawt. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/26/298432/s1200_11_2.jpg[/img]
mid '90's AXO. hawt.

this gear right here was insanely cool. I was lucky enough to live close to Damon when he was still racing and got to watch him practice a lot. This gear was drool worthy
24x
10/26/2018 8:32am
Dang. I’d been on the hunt for the throwback Dyemax gear they released a few years ago but could never find my size. I remember the first jersey I ever bought was AXO. RIP

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/26/2018 8:35am
24x wrote:
Dang. I’d been on the hunt for the throwback Dyemax gear they released a few years ago but could never find my size. I remember the...
Dang. I’d been on the hunt for the throwback Dyemax gear they released a few years ago but could never find my size. I remember the first jersey I ever bought was AXO. RIP

Always wanted this stuff, but never got around to getting it.
wpark89
10/26/2018 8:47am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 8:53am
Sad to see with all their history...but not surprising for how little presence and sales they’ve had the last decade. But like was mentioned earlier the brand really died when Jim Hale left it. Anyone who isn’t familiar with the story should listen to Matthes podcast with him. He basically took AXO from a boot factory that was distributed by Fox and O’Neal to build the iconic 80s/90s brand that we all wore...or wanted to wear. Id argue that you didn’t see more of any brand at the local tracks from about 87-97.

They’ve had some clean looking sets the last few years like the team peak and trans am stuff. But I’d always see it on their website for like 15 bucks for jerseys and 35-40 for pants. Couldn’t have been making money.

I’d guess there has to be other clothing companies that we’re familiar with that are barely afloat.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/26/2018 8:52am
wpark89 wrote:
Sad to see with all their history...but not surprising for how little presence and sales they’ve had the last decade. But like was mentioned earlier the...
Sad to see with all their history...but not surprising for how little presence and sales they’ve had the last decade. But like was mentioned earlier the brand really died when Jim Hale left it. Anyone who isn’t familiar with the story should listen to Matthes podcast with him. He basically took AXO from a boot factory that was distributed by Fox and O’Neal to build the iconic 80s/90s brand that we all wore...or wanted to wear. Id argue that you didn’t see more of any brand at the local tracks from about 87-97.

They’ve had some clean looking sets the last few years like the team peak and trans am stuff. But I’d always see it on their website for like 15 bucks for jerseys and 35-40 for pants. Couldn’t have been making money.

I’d guess there has to be other clothing companies that we’re familiar with that are barely afloat.

That kidney belt! haha
wpark89
10/26/2018 9:13am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
That kidney belt! haha
Need one?

This Superbelt 2 wasn’t a bad one...but the next one, I think it was called the Axis belt...was like 2 plastic belts stacked together and was really funky.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/26/2018 9:15am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
That kidney belt! haha
wpark89 wrote:
Need one? This Superbelt 2 wasn’t a bad one...but the next one, I think it was called the Axis belt...was like 2 plastic belts stacked together...
Need one?

This Superbelt 2 wasn’t a bad one...but the next one, I think it was called the Axis belt...was like 2 plastic belts stacked together and was really funky.

I enjoy seeing all that stuff. I remember all of my dads kidney belts and chest protectors from Axo. Good stuff!
crusher773
10/26/2018 9:19am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 9:25am
YZed250 wrote:
1990s AXO: badass! 2010+ AXO: Meh ... You can do a lot better than 'AXO rider support program deal' at any of the major online gear...
1990s AXO: badass!
2010+ AXO: Meh ...
You can do a lot better than 'AXO rider support program deal' at any of the major online gear closeouts, with free shipping and more to choose from. No reason to be upset. The 'new' AXO is a shadow of what the brand once was.
Man I don't know it was half off it ended up being a pretty good deal over the years. That throwback stuff was good looking. I like the tiger stripe stuff from a couple years ago. Since then I don't think any of it has looked good. Just a shame stuff was pretty good and they made some pretty good kids stuff also.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/26/2018 9:31am
Too bad... my son was an AXO rider from ‘94- ‘04. I used it myself for many years.
adamdf
10/26/2018 9:38am
Sad, I grew up on Axo gear. Hopefully they make a comeback to the US in the near future.

Post a reply to: AXO USA done

The Latest